/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creepy/Unexplained Travelling Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

Saw a thread on here earlier about someone asking about travelling to other countries or places in your homeland, figured I'd start a thread about those of us whom have traveled and experienced things you found creepy.
If you paid any attention to the thread I mentioned, I'm the guy who ended up travelling alone for five years all over the U.S, Canada, and Mexico.
Let's start with one I remember extremely vividly.

>During the third year of my travels
>At this point I'm in Wisconsin heading towards the border with Canada to go see a few friends of mine
>Should mention that throughout the five years I traveled primarily by foot
>Had been walking the majority of the day and dusk was starting to appear
>Decide to try and hitchhike to the next town and hopefully find some cover (it looked like it was going to pour)
>A beat up older model chevy stops, the driver looks like a guy in his late 40's
>Asks me where I'm headed, tell him the next town over, he tells me to hop in the back and he'll give me a lift
>Do as he says, and soon am rolling down the road enjoying the chance to rest my legs and the nice cool breeze
>About an hour passes and we arrive in this tiny one road town, literally every building is on the single road heading through it
>Hop out, thank the old guy, and he hesitates before speaking
>"Look son, I dunno who you are, but if I were you I'd keep going and not stop here'
>Guy even offers to give me a lift to the next town over where he's headed, but I decline because I'm hungry and want to sleep in a real bed for once
>He shrugs, then warns me to be careful, then drives off without a look back
>I think nothing of it and head into the closest diner looking place to ask about a hotel and grab a bite to eat
>Walk in, a little bell chimes, and quite literally everyone in the place stops, turns, and stares at me like I'm a piece of trash or something
>Think nothing of it, when you travel for as long as I had you realize all small towns are like that
>Cont.
>>
Hurry up op
>>
I'm here lurking OP
>>
>>18545038
same
>>
Hurry OP ufag
>>
>>18545032
>Unbuckle my pack, sit it in an empty booth, and take a seat
>Sit there and wait for someone to come take my order as I feel all these eyes boring into me, but fuck you hicks I want a burger and some sweet sweet soda
>Finally after about ten minutes a frumpy looking older woman, maybe in her 30's, walks over to my table and just looks at me
>I look up at her and smile, but she's looking at me like she wants to take her pen and stab me with it
>She says 'well what do you want?'
>Damn lady, don't gotta be rude
>Look over the menu since she wants to be an ass, take my time with it, then finally ask her what she recommends
>She rolls her eyes and huffs, then says that their specialty stew is good
>I want nothing to do with their 'specialty' so I go with a good old fashioned hamburger
>She stands there for a few moments, then finally writes it down and heads back to put it on the order pile
>This entire time the diner is silent save for the sounds of the kitchen and some honky-tonk on a shitty radio
>Look around and people are still eyeballing me like I'm the antichrist
>Decide to try and be nice and wave to a few of em, get the stinkeye for my troubles
>Burger comes up, she slaps it in front of me with my drink and walks off
>I decide fuck this and check it before I eat because these people are weird as fuck
>Burger checks out, nothing weird on it and everything looks fresh; meat is done
>Start wolfing it down so I can get out of there asap, turns out to be a pretty good burger
>Get up, pay for my food, and ask the waitress if there's a motel in town
>She grumbles something under her breath, then points down the street at a horribly dilapidated brick building
>Say thanks, and powerwalk my ass out of the diner and down to the building
>>
>>18545046
Open that was literally a post about eating a burger. Kys.
>>
>>18545046
Please hurry. I hear an ayy lmao approaching my room
>>
>>18545049
don't think he's done yet. just forgot to put cont. he is going to the dilapidated building.
>>
File: IMG_1147.gif (499KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1147.gif
499KB, 270x270px
Waiting for OP!!!
>>
>>18545049
Kek
>>
>>18545046
>There are a few people out on the street, and they all give me the same treatment as the diner
>Got it, you people REALLY fucking hate strangers
>Decide I'll sleep 6 hours and head out of town before the sun comes up because I feel like I've worn out what little welcome I had
>Get to the hotel, it's in worse shape up close than I could tell from the diner
>No cars in the parking lot, shitty pool that looks like it hasn't been used in forever, and the sign is missing letters
>My brain is screaming that I should just keep walking and find a spot out in the woods to camp, but I really want a bed
>Walk into the lobby, and the fattest man I have ever seen is sitting behind a desk watching some old black and white tv show
>Looks up at me, one eye is nothing but milky while the other was green
>He labors out of the chair he was in, huffs over to the desk, and asks what the hell I want
>This town is really shit on customer service apparently
>I ask for a single bed room for one night, he snorts and says they only have twin rooms available because all the singles are reserved
>You lying fat fuck, you just want more money
>Of course I don't say this, but I grit my teeth and say fuck it I'll take one
>Pony up the cash, get a beat up old key, and soon find myself in room 2102
>The whole room smelled like old meat and mildew
>Wonderful, I got the fragrant suite
>Toss my gear on the bed, lock the door while putting a chair under the doorknob, check under the beds and in the closest, then decide to take a shower
>Guess what? Shower doesn't work. Call the fat man, he says maintenance will take care of it tomorrow
>Doesn't help me tonight you fat fuck
>Hang up, dig through my pack for the baby wipes, and do a field bath
>Relax for a bit, channel surf pointlessly, then end up passing out
>Cont
>>
>>18545060
>Wake up sometime during the night to the sound of the rooms doorhandle jiggling ever so slightly
>Reach into my pack and grab the revolver I keep for emergencies, then tiptoe over to the peephole
>Look through it and see the fat man standing against the far wall, with a group of about five men crowding around the door and talking quietly but very animated
>One of them says something about just busting it and taking care of the guy since he's asleep
>Sorry fellas, but the guy is awake and looking right at you
>Fat guy jerks and pulls out a walkie, listens to it, then gets a frozen look on his face
>Gestures towards the door hurriedly and mumbles about 'the guy being awake and standing on the other side of the door'
>The five guys stop and slowly look towards the peephole, then one of them pulls a taser out while the others draw knives
>Fuck
>Start thinking of what I could do when one of the guys closest to the door grabs the handle and starts really jerking on it, trying to pull it open
>Starts cussing at the fat guy about the key not working and that he won't get as big a cut for this one because of it
>At this point I say fuck this, throw on my clothes, shoes, and pack, and head to the window to see if I can get out that way
>Wanna guess what happened?
>If you guessed that the window was that kind they put in psych wards to keep people from opening them, you'd be right
>Start silently praying to whatever deity comes to mind that they let me get out of here
>About that time something hits the door hard, then again and again
>Happens a few more times before an axehead pops through the door, but the axe gets stuck
>I mentally say fuck this, aim the revolver at the window, and squeeze off three rounds to weaken it so I can jump through
>lucky for me they actually break it completely out
>The guys in the hallway start freaking out and I can hear other axes hitting the outside of the door
>I am not ending up in someones meal
>Cont
>>
>>18545077
maybe you should write these first then start the thread?
>>
>>18545077
>I jump out of the window and hit the ground awkwardly, fucking my left ankle up, but I bite down and take off running towards the woods closest to the motel
>I get about halfway across the parking lot before I head someone shout from the broken window 'He's heading towards the trees!'
>This only spurs me on more
>I hit the treeline and immediately start heading towards the towns exit, keeping a decent amount of trees between myself and the road
>Eventually I have to stop and catch my breath and let my ankle rest, and I take the time to reload the three spent rounds in the revolver, making sure to put the shell casings in a pocket so I don't leave them as a marker to be followed by
>That's when I heard the sirens
>The closer they got, the better I could see that they were leading a couple trucks with people in the beds of them with spotlights looking through the woods
>The policecar was using it's side mounted light to do the same thing, so I start carefully making my way deeper into the woods so as to not be spotted as easily with the lights
>The closer they get to my relative position, the slower I go, until they're about even with where I am
>I freeze up behind a tree and hold my breath, waiting for them to pass me by so I can continue
>After what felt like ages but was more than likely just ten or so seconds, the procession keeps going and my asshole unclenches, and further into the woods I limp
>I do keep the road to my right so I can somewhat keep my bearings, and for about thirty minutes I keep limping
>Through the trees I see lights heading back my way, so I stop and crouch down behind some brush and fallen trees to see if it's the convoy looking for me or just a normal motorist
>Nope, it's the murderconvoy
>Same thing as last time, cop car up front with its spotlight stabbing out, and the trucks with their hillbilly asses doing the same with their lights
>I wait about ten minutes after they pass, then head out as fast as I could move
>Cont
>>
>>18545105
Then everyone would accuse OP of copypasting someone else's story, you can't have it both ways
>>
>>18545109
like anyone really cares about copy pasta shitposters. The suspense is nice, but it is a little longer than I would like.
>>
>>18545105
It was a spur of the moment thing desu mate, sorry
>>18545108
>Continue like that for twoish hours before I see headlights coming at me, and instinctively I duck because who knows if these are murder hillbillies
>They're moving slow like they're looking for something or someone, so my mind decides they're part of the assholes back at the town
>For some reason, I get really pissed off and decide I'm going to find out what the fuck is going on
>Start making my way towards the road and get there, the vehicle (a truck) still a good 80 yards away from my current position
>I fish around for a rock or something heavy, and wait for it to pass me, thinking I'll throw it, they'll stop to check if they hit something, and then I'll pounce
>In hindsight it was a shitty plan but I was pissed and in pain
>Truck pulls up the road, gets parallel to my position, and I chuck a rock I'd found (maybe the size of an adult males fist) and hit the truck square in the passenger side door
>Truck screeches to a halt, and I hear a younger guy start cussing about stupid ass deer hitting him
>Guy gets out, walks around to the passenger side, pulls out a lighter, and starts looking at the damage
>Taking that as my cue, I quietly walk up behind him, cock the hammer on the revolver, and tell him if he moves it'll be the last thing he does
>Guy literally starts shaking and pisses himself, then says that I can have the truck as long as I don't hurt him
>I tell him that they're the ones that are trying to hurt me, and you can see his body tense
>He asks me if I'm talking about the town I just left, and I say of course I am
>He says if I let him get back in the truck he'll drive me to the town he was coming from
>I laugh and ask him if he thinks I'm stupid, but I get no answer
>I tell him to stay there while I get in the truck, I hop in and look over at him, and this guy is as white as a ghost
>He literally begs me not to leave him out there
>Cont
>>
>>18545117
>>18545109

Yeah, just type it out and post it. Fuck the retards who care about how many times they get a good story. Make em prove it if they give so many fucks.
>>
The town wasn't called Innsmouth, was it anon?
>>
>>18545143
No, OP is confirmed Underbong
>>
>>18545135
>I ask him why, and he says the town he was going to pass through farther up the road doesn't like strangers and that people passing through alone tend to disappear around that area
>I dunno why I believed him, but I checked his glove box to make sure he didn't have a gun in there, then told him to get in and keep his hands where I could see em
>Dude literally almost jumps into the passenger seat, buckles in, and once I've got the truck turned around he tells me to floor it, which I happily obliged
>While we drive, I ask him questions about the town
>Apparently they'd had a couple of teen girls get raped there in the early 50's, and they'd really taken a hate towards anyone out of town and tended to try and run them off as fast as they could
>Families not so much, but if it was someone traveling alone they got the worst
>Also told me that everyone in that part of the state knew to stay clear of the place when it was getting dark
>I mentally kicked myself about the warning the old man gave me
>Anyways, we keep driving, and the guy is giving me directions towards one of the bigger towns because, in his words 'you're probably not going to want to stay in the smaller towns round here'
>Guy didn't know how right he was
>About an hour into the driving we see the lights of a fairly decent sized town which made me happier than I could express properly
>I pull up into a truck stop and hop out, and look at the guy and apologize for what I did
>Like a champ he waves it away and said he'd have done the same thing in my shoes, then gives me about 80 bucks in cash to 'catch a bus as far away from here as you can'
>Mate you don't have to tell me twice
>He drives off in the direction we came from, and I head inside to see about getting a bus ticket somewhere far from murder hillbilly central

Sadly I don't have any info about the town, I don't remember the name or the area of Wisconsin it was in, except that it was the upper peninsula
>>
>>18545143
Nah, pretty sure there weren't any Lovecraftian beings around there
>>18545155
Only partially underbong on my dads side
>>
>>18545162
Maybe not but the story is pretty damn close in structure to A Shadow Over Innsmouth ... Ie. Cryptic warnings - hostile townsfolk - staying at an inn for no good reason - shaking door in the night - murder convoy.
>>
One more before I pass out for the night. I'll share the creepy ass night I spent in the Mexican desert
>>18545167
>Staying at an inn for no good reason
Try sleeping on hard ground with nothing but a thin sleeping bag as protection for a week straight. Those beds were calling my name
>>
This story turned into a action horror thriller out of no where kek
>>
The breakout from the inn as well --- breaking through a window and all that.
Are you sure you didn't read some HPL recently?
>>
>>18545174
Nah, it was a solid one OP. Motivations were legit, but the telling is too heavy on implicating cannibalism with the extended food paragraph. Maybe less of that next time.
>>
>>18545184
It reads well because it's "inspired" by a damn classic!
>>
>>18545174
>First time I ever went to Arizona, this would've been halfway through my first year of travel
>The first 6 months had been easy, I'd couchsurfed with people I knew or people I talked to online, so I didn't have too much experience with camping
>Had left a friends house two days before this, caught a ride with a few people, and was maybe 40 miles north of Flagstaff
>Had been walking all day and somewhat into the night, finally decided to call it a night and hiked into the desert a little to stay away from the road
>Found a nice little rock formation, set my little one man tent up, crawled inside, and promptly fell asleep
>What felt like a few minutes later my eyes popped open and I felt my body tense up, like my senses knew something was wrong
>I laid there and listened, and that's when I heard some coyotes wandering out the tent
>Coyotes, cool, nothing scary, let's go back to sleep body
>My body wasn't having any of it
>Said fuck it, and laid there looking up at the ceiling of the tent and listening to the coyotes paw around the tent
>Then they stopped, like they'd been frozen
>Seriously, no nose from them or anything, which I found strange
>That's when I heard something else moving towards the tent
>It sounded like something being dragged across the ground, sort of like what a full trashbag sounds like if you, well drag it across a surface
>The coyotes start going ballistic then, yipping and barking and growling
>Then something hit the side of the tent
>Once. Twice. Three times. The a fourth
>Meanwhile the coyotes are getting louder and more frantic, then one of them screams
>Not a human sounding scream, kinda like a dog yowling in pain but much higher pitched
>I might have shit myself right then
>The rest of the pack is going nuts, and from the sound of it they rushed whatever had come up
>The ensuing fight was both quick and extremely brutal by the sound of it
>Cont
>>
>>18545205
>Whatever was fighting the coyotes was not going easy on them, and the coyotes were not backing off, which I thought was weird because I always thought coyotes would run away from a threat
>In the span of five minutes the fighting stopped, and I strained my ears to listen
>Nothing. No noise whatsoever, not any labored breathing like you would expect to hear after a fight like that, no dying sounds, nothing
>That is, until I heard the dragging noise again
>At this point in my travels I hadn't picked up the revolver yet, but I did have a hatchet that I used for wood cutting and as a deterrent, so I reached over and slid it out of the hoop on my pack and gripped it tightly
>The noise got closer and closer, then stopped about ten, maybe fifteen foot away
>I didn't hear anything for another five or six minutes, then something hit the side of the tent, and I almost shit myself
>Something hit it a few more times, then things went quiet again, except I'm pretty sure if anyone would've been there they'd have heard my heart beating furiously away
>The dragging noise starts back up and moved around my tent slowly, keeping it's distance at about the ten-fifteen foot mark, and every now and then something would hit the sides of my tent
>This all continued until about 45 minutes before sunrise, then the dragging noise moved away until I could no longer hear it
>I lay in my tent until the sun had been up for a good three hours, then slowly unzipped it and stepped out
>It was a fucking bloodbath
>Parts of coyote were everywhere, and I noticed that the things that had been thrown at my tent were chunks of coyote meat
>It looked like someone or thing had ripped the pack apart and just tossed the halves willy-nilly all over the place
>All except the heads
>The heads were arranged on a smaller rock directly across from the tent opening, their faces towards the opening
>I looked around, saw coyote tracks but nothing else, said fuck this, grabbed my bag and left the tent
>>
>>18545228
That's all that happened. I ditched the tent because I didn't want to carry it around with me, and I hitchhiked as much as possible for the next few days to get as far away from there as possible.
Also, that was the last story for the night, I'm crashing. If the thread's still alive later I'll post a few more
>>
>>18545049
The best kind of opening.
>>
>>18545233
Ever shared that story with someone before? Like do you have any clue what that thing might have been?

Any stories about the area about some cryptid? Some bear with rabies? I don't know man.
>>
>>18545241
I shared it with a few friends from that area, and of them talked with a navajo friend of theirs. Guy told him I was lucky to walk away because it was a bad spirit or something. It's been close to twenty years since it all happened so the memory is a bit fuzzy
>>
>>18545248
Do you believe that? I am not 100% sold on the supernatural but I can agree there is shit out there we don't know about and neither can explain.

I find it a bit odd how I never can find any well documented stuff about these native american spirits. All that comes up on the internet is tinfoil hat tier and roleplay stuff.

Not saying you're full of shit but its not exactly easy to buy those stories.
>>
>>18545256
I don't believe shite unless I see it mate, so no I don't.
But anything that can fuck a pack of coyotes up on its own is cause enough for me to want to stay away from it
>>
>>18545266
Fair point. Despite all the roleplay on /x/ I know that people share also genuine stories here simply because why lie when anonymous? I know that for a fact cause I share stories and can't be bothered to make stuff up.

Either way yeah sounds spooky.
>>
>>18545233
>ditching and not leaving the campsite as you found it
Prick. Just bag it up and chuck it away.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.