[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting spooked in public

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: cashier.jpg (72KB, 905x679px) Image search: [Google]
cashier.jpg
72KB, 905x679px
ITT we talk about times we got spooked in public places, no forests or abandoned houses or any of that shit

>working as cashier
>customer approaching as I fill up my plastic bags on the lazy susan
>Me: "Hi, how're you?"
>customer, fat woman in her late 40s, makes a weird high pitch sound in her throat, similar to a cat
>Me: (ok she wants me to shut up I guess)
>she starts to push her cart closer to the conveyer belt, looks over her shoulder and says very loudly
>Her: "Oh, would you just be fucking QUIET!"
>no one behind her at all
>store goes silent for a second, some people peek their heads over in our direction to see what happened
>can feel my eyes growing wider and try not to laugh or smile, just focus on the task at hand
>start scanning items as she slowly places them on the belt
>dead silence, don't try to make any more conversation
>a little awkward, she's still making some weird noises in her throat occasionally
>eventually get to the end
>Me: "Alright ma'am, your total comes to $46.98" (or something like that)
>She throws her head back and smiles widely, looking straight up at the ceiling
>Her: "Ha!... no, YOU tell her! Ha!"
>She continues looking at the ceiling while she sifts through her coin purse for the change and sets it on the counter, then pulls out her wallet for the bills and sets them down as well
>doesn't look down at all to make sure she's given the right bills or coins
>I count it... it's correct. How the fuck? I get the coins, but she can just feel the bills and know which is which?
>just talks away with her cart, still looking at the ceiling, now mumbling quietly
>I'm now wondering how she can see to talk to her car like that, and what whoever she was talking to was trying to get her to tell me
>Feel really jumpy and uneasy the rest of my shift
>>
>>18544624
>A fat woman with mental problems came into Walmart today.
Replace Walmart with "shoe store" and you've got an episode of Married with Children.
>>
Not really spooky but unsettling.
>work at Starbucks
>plenty of regulars throughout the day
>homeless guy comes in every once in awhile
>asks for water, stays a few hours
>completely harmless and never really talks much
>I find his presence kind of comforting comparative to some other customers
>notice he stops coming in
>bring him up to coworkers
>they all have no idea, the guy never really talked so didn't even know his name
>later one day mom says they found a dead body in the creek near our house
>find out it was the homeless man
>he died of dehydration

Not so much spooky but it was really unsettling for awhile. If he would've asked for some water to take with him I would've let him :(
>>
> Around 2-3 years ago, dec 20-sth
> traveling the counters to see mother on xmas
> on train station, main hall
> sitting by the table on a ~2 meter higher part housing shops, restaurants, etc
> on the opposite are ticket counters and hallways further into station, to where the trains stop
> suddenly a bubble appears by the wall on the opposite siÄ™ of the hall
> ~ 1 meter in diameter, clearly transparent, think water droplet crossed with predator optical camo, slightly vibrating like a heated air
> just being there, around a meter above the ground
> disappeared after ~15 or so seconds
> No one noticed
> EXCEPT
> a chubby goth girl comes from below the higher part I was on, as she goes, she's looking straight at me, like if she was even before I entered her field of vision, and I am far to the side in relation to the direction she was heading
> she couldn't have seen me from wherever she was before
> nothing of interesting around me to looking at either
> she looks quite startled, not to say started
> looking at me for the where time as she was crossed the hall, the wide unblinking started
> finally entering another hallway on the opposite side, she breaks up the started, as she turnes her black to me and goes away
> I just sip another cup of tea

Not really spooky, that bubble felt more like a mildly interesting glitch to me rather than something dangerous. That girl seemed actually spooky, though.
>>
>>18545426
* country
* side
* look
DAMN YOU AUTOCORRECT
>>
>>18544764
Underrated post
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.