[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The occult for people that like conscious thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: kicproductimage-127056_rb_2016.jpg (92KB, 304x419px) Image search: [Google]
kicproductimage-127056_rb_2016.jpg
92KB, 304x419px
So, browsing occult and magick stuff, I seem to get the impression that a lot of spiritual enlightenment seems to be conceptually built around the dissolution of the self or ego death, and I'm just not sure I can get behind that kind of philosophy.

Any occult beliefs out there built around enhancing and experiencing the physical and conscious, rather than dismissing it as an illusion?
>>
>>18544373
Wake up sheeple, the self is keeping you locked in a mental cage.
>>
>>18544373
Just because its an illusion doesn't make it any less meaningful.
That is your rub
>>
>>18544373
Wake up sheeple, the self is keeping you locked in a mental cage
>>
satanism
>>
From a Gaudiya Vaishnava perspective, the illusion is a byproduct of identifying with the material energy. Through spiritual discipline one can find the pure spiritual body which is not covered by illusion.
>>
>>18544385
Yep.

Don't listen to the hippies, indulge yourself, trust your ego and experience the pleasures.
>>
>>18544387
>implying there's anything that's not illusion
>>
>>18544378
with that mindset you can literally justify anything
>>
>>18544387
What makes that spirit any more worth my time or focus than an illusion.
>>
>>18544400
Whichever one you like more, really.
>>
>>18544404
Fair enough.
>>
>>18544400
Identification with a material body only produces misery whereas identification with the real self is a cause for knowledge, eternity and bliss.
>>
>>18544414
An eternity without struggle just sounds infuriatingly boring.
>>
File: Krsna.jpg (127KB, 600x437px) Image search: [Google]
Krsna.jpg
127KB, 600x437px
>>18544417
Read the Bhagavad Gita. Devotional service through action.
>>
illusion is a result of ignorance
ignorance is a result of distraction
distraction is a result of attachment

When the mind is no longer attached to and distracted by material appearances, it becomes concentrated and fixated. This stable focus is balanced and self-sustaining. When self-sustaining, the mind is satisfied and no longer feels compelled to seek out fulfillment for a sense of peace and gratification.

Coming back to the topic of illusion, the most notable illusion is the notion of seeking outside fulfillment, as if it will bring about that which one desires. Basing one's life around this dependency only leads to perpetual suffering in ignorance.
>>
>>18544439
>Distraction it's the result of attachment.

Isn't one of the consequence of attachment, some kind of focus.
>>
>>18544439
When people talk like this it sounds like they've drunken several gallons of kool-aid.
>>
>>18544451
Its best to let ideas stand on their own merit, rather than letting feelings color their worth.

Of course anything which goes outside of one's comfort zone is going to provoke immediate dismissal.
>>
>>18544460
It's just the way everyone words it in the exact same way, you're just parroting the same talking points.

I just don't get what's wrong with suffering.
>>
>>18544447
Attachment is another word for mental bondage, or the inability to turn one's attention inward towards the absolute nature, or truth of things. The strength of this bondage depends on various factors, but they all boil down to the competency of one's meditative skill, or positive karmic conditions if you want to call it that as well.
>>
>>18544468
I'm not parroting anything. I speak from experience. I can phrase these basic concepts countless ways if I wanted, but I can still go in-depth beyond superficial "parroting" if need be.
>>
>>18544476
>mental bondage
Sounds hot.
>>
File: budda_59.jpg (101KB, 640x610px) Image search: [Google]
budda_59.jpg
101KB, 640x610px
>>18544551
it totally is
>>
>>18544567
As a buddhist do you take the concept of hell literally?
>>
File: 1322530685563.jpg (23KB, 279x440px) Image search: [Google]
1322530685563.jpg
23KB, 279x440px
>>18544567
>this is literally happening at this very moment in some fucked-up plane of existence
>>
>>18544376
>Thinking you can escape the human condition

>>18544385
This OP. Study this but take it with a grain of salt. Most successful people in capitalist societies practice Satanism without even knowing it. It's not harmful but it promotes individualism a lot. I see a lot of similarities between Satanism doctrines and successful business models. Maybe it's just me though.
>>
>>18544584
>satanism
>because regular atheism isn't edgy enough
>>
>>18544579
Well I've never been, as far afaik. I have experienced a non-physical sensation of fire though, numerous times during practice. Not pleasant, although it has made me better appreciate the phrase "purification by fire."
>>
>>18544586
It's actually helpful if you're at the bottom of the food chain. That's why it attracts angsty teenagers who can't find their place in the world.
>>
File: K0S.jpg (47KB, 415x502px) Image search: [Google]
K0S.jpg
47KB, 415x502px
>>18544373

The ego is like a bratty, undisciplined child; It runs wild, interferes with things it shouldn't be touching, and thinks it's the one who's supposed to be in control instead of You, who is the parent. You don't have to kill it to get it to behave, it's just the easiest method to keep it from constantly shitting in its hands and writing profanities on the wall with aforementioned shit. Balance, control, moderation, and understanding are the important parts.
>>
>>18544669
You're quite swell-headed for someone that enlightened. Isn't that also a sign of immaturity?
>>
>>18544373
>Any occult beliefs out there built around enhancing and experiencing the physical and conscious, rather than dismissing it as an illusion?
yes, majority
read more
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.