[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveling Alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

Who else does this? Has anyone here been compelled to set past a prior life for no apparent reason and journey to a new land? Does life seem richer, colder, or I guess more real at all? When immersing yourself in a new culture, even if it is a state or a nation away, do you pick up on the nuances that others take as mundane? It harkens me back to my youth in reading the Odyssey. Some day I will return back, but until then, life can be a trial of tests and wonder. Reason why I ask /x/, is that I find myself more intune.
>Thread Theme
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w8_5MLtlBEE
>>
One self bump, then I'll let it slide down.
>>
File: 2016-07-27 11.52.44.jpg (633KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-27 11.52.44.jpg
633KB, 1920x2560px
>>18544269
I travel alone too.

My journey always take me to new places and the feeling it's as you described, all new places are filled with mystery and magic, all new sensations are rewarding.
>>
>>18544280
Keep it up.
>>
>>18544019
I plan to do this in the near future.
>>
>>18544019
I've always wanted to do this, any tips?
>>
>>18544280
Ya I travel alone a lot too. I meet different people and have different experiences when I'm alone, as compared to in a group. To other people I seem more approachable when I'm alone. If I'm in a group I focus on the group and neglect the outside world for the most part. As far as becoming more in tune w/ the culture. Absolutely
>>
>>18544019
I've actually traveled all over the country, Canada, and Mexico all by my lonesome.
Going it alone, I've found that you pay more attention to everything, and at least in my experience, it makes life richer since you'd normally not see or hear anything from those places if you stayed home.
I will say this though - camping by yourself in a country you've never been and have no idea of what's around you can be more than a little frightening.
>>
>>18544553
i hope you researched the area before camping alone in a foreign place. that can be dangerous as hell m8.
>>
>>18544019
I feel like I'd end up catching some foreign disease and die if I even tried this.
>>
>>18544564
Never did, as my travels were more of a necessity than an actual vacation.
>>
>>18544571
dam anon. you survived life's challenges. Sucks you were in that situation, but props for surviving. Tho in the future that's when you gotta meet lokz to get the inside scoop
>>
>>18544576
Trust me, I know better now. Traveling alone for five years will make you realize how stunningly stupid going in blind can be.
>>
>OP
Wow, I didn't expect this response. Thank you all for sharing, it's made my journey a little more sweeter.
>>
>>18544569
Something I was just told to avoid, local STDs, funny enough...
But I'm a smart cookie and not looking for ass as the reason of my trip.
>>
>>18544571
Truth.
>>
>>18544758
Nah I didn't mean STDs, just that there's a higher chance of getting sick when going to a new area because all the unfamiliar germs. Before maybe 100 years ago this killed people all the time and still sometimes does. I'm just overly paranoid though.
>>
File: IMG_20170118_154721520.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170118_154721520.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
>>18544769
Hey, a local disease is a local disease, am-i-rite?
I'm guess I'm blessed to have some sort of minimal support on my journey, albeit hundreds of miles away and not too funded.
I'm a Northerner, so my fight is to maintain myself in a land in which I am a stranger with little sustainability, but I make due.
>Hopefully I can start a real life.
>>
>>18544769
Purified water always.
>>
>>18544762
Hm?
>>
>>18544019
Planning on travelling to the states this year, probs alone, may have some family to stay with

-ukfag
>>
>>18544841
Do it, you won't.
>>
>>18544019
>>18544597

Hello friends, I also Travel alone, But this Year I will Do two travels that will be more dangerous than anything I did before, I will risk my life in both, And I'm okay with That, But Could you SHare some Good Travellers tips ?

Mine : always have dollars, always have water , always try to be aware of people/animals around you
>>
>>18544908
For me, the essentials were always clean bottled water or iodine tablets to clean water, a first aid kit, a small fold out knife, and if possible a map of the area you'll be travelling through.
Also a raincoat, those things are actually pretty good for keeping you not only dry but warm as well.
And never, EVER take rides from someone that offers you one without you asking. Just don't. It always ends badly.
>>
>>18544908
Make friends, but with caution and awareness
>>
I went to England alone last year, it was one of the best times of my life. You are able to appreciate little things more when you're alone. And you can go off and do what you like, no one can complain or say otherwise. If I had the means I'd just up and move out of the country, change my name, drop off the map. A fresh start sounds refreshing as fuck.
>>
File: 1477114555091.jpg (252KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1477114555091.jpg
252KB, 2560x1920px
>>18544019
I do, but I always have. ever since Ii was a little kid I loved exploring and going on hikes or extended walks by myself never for more than a day or at best an over night, but ill get a back pack with some supplies. Food, compass, a book, a gun, a phone, ect and just take off. I find it relaxing, but also kind of scary going to some of these places by myself but thats more exciting.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.