[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would a time stopping phenomenom stop a clock? What sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1511491344933741712.png (226KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1511491344933741712.png
226KB, 800x450px
Why would a time stopping phenomenom stop a clock?

What sense does that make? Clocks aren't devices that literally move by the force of time itself. Not any more than you or I are, they count time based off cycles, they move the numbers in them every time the cogs inside of them, or the processor inside of them, completes a certain number of cycles.

The only reason this happens synchronized with human time measurements is because they are carefully calibrated to do so. So, if you are somehow trapped in an event that affects time, but you are perfectly capable of moving, then the clocks around you should continue to count time as normal.
>>
You just explained missing time. Whenever you clock seems to skip forward, you were probably just molested by someone with a time stopping device.
>>
Is it just me or are there a disproportionate number of time and clock related posts lately? What's going on?
>>
> Why would a time stopping phenomenom stop a clock?

Who asked?
>>
>>18543548
Because a time stopping phenomenon would stop *everything*.
>>
>>18543548
Time doesn't reality.
>>
>>18543548
Well time is just a consequence of causality. So in order to stop time, you'd have to stop cause and effect. You can see why that might prevent a clock from ticking.
>>
File: 1425940032530.gif (1MB, 300x282px) Image search: [Google]
1425940032530.gif
1MB, 300x282px
>>18543548
>Why would a time stopping phenomenom stop a clock?
>>
>>18543548
the only way for a clock hand to move from point A to point B on the face is if time is passing. without the passage of time, the clock has effectively stopped.
>>
>>18544317
I'm a 14 yo girl.

>>18544337
The incident that sparked the question was that one where a bunch of people went missing in a lighthouse and all the clocks were stopped, tho I know I've heard similar things before.
>>
>>18544398
Well, I don't recall the exact explanations, but I do understand that "Time" is the result of the movement of I don't know what.

But you know, that just makes the question even more complicated.
>>
>>18544406
the movement of anything at all, probably. the only way we measure time is by observed change.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.