[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are dumb people less magically adept?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 20

File: stk212423rke.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
stk212423rke.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
Just wondering, is it likely or possible for a person with very low IQ, to become sorcerers, magicians, or voodoo priests?
I mean, even to become a convincing liar or scam artist, they can't be completely dumb...
>>
>>18542129
Why, are you asking for yourself?
>>
>>18542129
>Just wondering, is it likely or possible for a person with very low IQ, to become sorcerers, magicians, or voodoo priests?

No one is in a better position to answer that than you OP.
>>
File: doctor-strange-1.jpg (2MB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
doctor-strange-1.jpg
2MB, 1600x800px
Aren't intelligent people able to do more things with higher success than their peers?
>>
If magic works the way its supposed to, then dumb people would be more magically inclined because it'd be easier to truly believe in it.
>>
>>18542131
Just thinking about the Africans in Africa who claim and believe in witchcraft, they regularly murder children, elderly, and the disabled because of tradition and magic beliefs.
But to do voodoo, you have can't be mentally retarded can you? Wouldn't the powerful witchdoctor at least have the IQ of a normal person to sustain a non poverty life?
>>
File: black_magic.jpg (71KB, 460x390px) Image search: [Google]
black_magic.jpg
71KB, 460x390px
>>18542139
Hmm, VooDoo -is- a powerful art.
>>
>>18542135
Do you think the universe, or a high-power entity, only gifts the powers of the paranormal only to intelligent beings?
People who are special and better than the rest?
They would at least likely be more responsible with their powers?
>>
File: DSC_4161.jpg (117KB, 620x411px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4161.jpg
117KB, 620x411px
>>18542142
The most famous and powerful Gypsy witches of Romania live in mansions.
The government don't even tax them because they fear of the Gypsy curse.
I assume the successful Gypsys have higher intelligence than the average hobo in their country.
>>
>>18542139
Most magic requires visualization, strong memory and a studious mind. Folk magic is simpler (herbs, simple incantation) but it is also a question whether mentally impaired person might do that.
>>
>>18542129
>the slow realization that snails are the true wizard masters of this world
>>
File: Wizard-Snail-34844.jpg (85KB, 1000x722px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard-Snail-34844.jpg
85KB, 1000x722px
>>18542155
>the even slower realization I forgot my pic
>>
>>18542148
stop talking out of your ass
>>
>>18542164
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1g3CYbsssw

Somewhere in the middle, the older Gypsy lady says she makes $10,000.00 USD for ten minutes work, by only casting magics over the cellphone.
>>
Dumb people can become smart with magic and smart people can become dumb with magic.

It's easy to understand, persistance is key.

A dumb person who meticulousy draws out the goetia won't notice or care about the flaw in their circle, so neither shall the demon, but a smart person could simply go "I don't have all these things", and not even try summoning a demon. Potentially for the better, but the question remains of who has more fun, the smart or the dumb?

Some pharmaceuticals exst soley to make the hyper intellegent, less so, thus easing them of their mental hamster wheel, but the dumb is never on the wheel even when working hard. The idiot is happy to be human, and ood for him, he can create the miserable conditions needed for demons to make something great.

In the end the genius is a subtype of idiot.
It's like a drone bee, but largely sterile.
And for the sake of hive cohesion, when they become too numerous, they are driven out.
>>
>>18542176
and you're obviously so damn stupid to actually believe this
god this board
>>
File: IMG_6575 - Copy.jpg (379KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6575 - Copy.jpg
379KB, 1600x1200px
>>18542191
What I mean when I refer to as dumb , is low IQ. Like a person with Downs syndrome or the average African-American male, they are unlikely to ever become rocket scientists, design automobile engines, cure diseases, search for stars and galaxies, or hold a mentally demanding job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QafGbf4B-DE

Just because a person is uneducated doesn't mean they are dumb. You can always educate a normal person to become more smart, but all the money in the world, billions and billions of US tax dollars can't make mentally retarded handicap or the average African-American person become smart.
>>
File: 112 (2).jpg (106KB, 476x640px) Image search: [Google]
112 (2).jpg
106KB, 476x640px
>>18542195
Believe what? Her income or the part where a politicians says they aren't taxed? It is a long video but it is all there.

I don't know her well enough to believe in what she says but I can't imagine her being stupid if she lived a long life of success. If she got hit in the head and lost half her brain, then I would think she would become stupid..., that's the point I'm driving at.
>>
File: iq-curve.jpg (167KB, 1648x691px) Image search: [Google]
iq-curve.jpg
167KB, 1648x691px
>>18542222
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QafGbf4B-DE [Embed]

That is what happens when you hire a certain somebody based on affirmative-action, they cop an attitude against professional pilots and divert a 747 jet into a mountain-side. Because low IQ.
>>
Alot of stupid people can harness meme/emotional magic in unpredictable ways, by complete accident.

They CAN have power but will never become true wizards.
>>
>>18542129
I believe it's important to define intelligence. Is it measured by how you conduct yourself and understand situations, or is it measure by how much nonsense you retained from highschool biology?
>>
File: home_image.3264043.jpg (128KB, 662x442px) Image search: [Google]
home_image.3264043.jpg
128KB, 662x442px
>>18542503
You should define it not by marginal differences, but by extreme comparisons.
So who cares if one kid scores a few points higher on his ACTs, or if he can run .2 seconds faster in the 20 yard dash?
What we need to focus on is the group of people who score 85 IQ compared to the group of people that scores 115 IQ, compare the group of starving indian school children to NFL professional athletes.
Do you think a young unemployed male on social security, who is obese, lives on government handouts, has bad social skills, doesn't understand algebra, can become a master of the mystical arts? Can he do anything better compared to a healthy Surgeon/Lawyer who earns six figures?
If you gave them both many different IQ tests, would you, could you make any assumptions based solely on the results?
>>
>>18542597
>compare the group of starving indian school children to NFL professional athletes.
As to make drastic example between extremes, in the context of measurable physical tests such as the NFL combines.
>>
>>18542597
Then I believe the unemployed male would have cards stacked highly against him. That really comes down to how driven the individual is in my opinion.

Being obese unemployed and taking government money sounds like a lack of drive to elevate oneself. This could be overcome if the person wanted it enough, but it would definitely be a hindrance.

Generally I value effort more than I value knowledge. An idiot putting his blood sweat and tears into his work will have more results than a lawyer with 5 phds who does it drunk for 5 minutes on a bet.

Now if an idiot and a lawyer put the same amount of effort into it, then sure I could see the lawyer having better results.
>>
File: TheSecretLogo.jpg (28KB, 277x350px) Image search: [Google]
TheSecretLogo.jpg
28KB, 277x350px
The Law of Attraction only works if the individual is not stupid. The Law of Attraction has a high rate of success for intelligent people. It is real magic.
While for those, many who are retarded or of African descent, they cannot ever utilize the Law of Attraction, it doesn't work without a functioning brain. They rely on physical force and deception to try to get what they want, many times with negative consequences.
>>
>>18542129
Int's a primary attribute for wizards. Mongs should class as either plutocrats, politicians or /pol/.
>>
File: shade.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
shade.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>18542129
I've been wondering this as well. One time I was around a 'mentally challenged individual' (I don't know the specific ailment) and had the thought pop into my head:
>What if some forms of 'redardation' (or whatever similar conditions) are the symptom of greater connections to realms beyond the physical, at the detriment of the physical self?

It's probably bullshit, but who knows, ya know?
>>
>>18542921
i remember reading a blurb someone posted here many years ago about having a time slip or something when his retarded cousin jumped in the pool, like he heard his cousin hit the water and then turned and the kid was still in midair about to hit the pool. i dunno your post kind of reminded me of this. imo what you are saying isn't outside the realm of possibility, reality is pliable and may operate completely differently in the eyes of a mentally challenged individual. there's really no way to prove definitively otherwise so it's a an interesting notion
>>
File: hodor4.gif (646KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
hodor4.gif
646KB, 480x270px
I had the notion that people with low intelligence, the simple minded, are the easiest to mind control.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>18543312
well can't argue that

>I trust [Hillary] for loyalty, leadership, trust, value, friendship, and God, and country.
>friendship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHc1BRXiozk
>>
>>18542921
>'mentally challenged individual'
retarded person

Political Correctness ended, we are going back to normal English.
>>
>>18543867
Holy shit, you can tell he is stupid just by the way he talks.
>>
>>18542129
this isnt an rpg, op
>>
File: diff.jpg (89KB, 949x556px) Image search: [Google]
diff.jpg
89KB, 949x556px
>>18546065
>this isnt an rpg, op

Helpful chart
>>
>>18542129
Throwing out random idea here- you have to be just the right mixture of dumb and intelligent... like there's a "sweet spot" somewhere
>>
File: jadenSMITH.png (436KB, 744x678px) Image search: [Google]
jadenSMITH.png
436KB, 744x678px
>>18546094
> you have to be just the right mixture of dumb and intelligent
If our eyes aren't real, how can mirrors be real?
>>
>>18542415
>Alot of stupid people can harness meme/emotional magic in unpredictable ways, by complete accident.
What is this meme/emo magic you speak of?
>>
>>18542129
magic uses WIS not INT. just max that out and you're good
>>
>>18542222
>billions and billions of US tax dollars can't make mentally retarded handicap or the average African-American person become smart.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect
I guess evolution must be happening at record speed.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.