[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fear of Hell and Faith

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

Does anyone else have their faith in God of the Bible based highly off of fear of Hell?

I have love of Jesus for dying for me and creating me. And was first drawn to the gospel by something else. But fear of Hell has kept me from sinning and straying more than all else. I dislike some doctrines in the Bible, but I obey to submit to God and out of fear of Hell.

I feel I need to change. I want a love of God to permeate my actions.
>>
What you are feeling is why religion is so popular
>>
To Valhalla. Praise Odin. Fuck that faggot Jesus.
Niflheim is where you belong in, coward.
>>
You don't need to be afraid of Hell if you follow the two great commandments and have faith in Jesus. The gates of Hell shall not prevail over the Church. Flee from sin.

>>18536839
Atheism is popular because people who deserve to go to Hell like to believe they won't get what they deserve.
>>
>>18536859
*chops down tree*
>>
>>18536869
I have a demon bothering me and I fear Hell as it's lies sound seductive and more fair than an eternal Hell. Makes me wonder how much I love God since some things in the Bible seem unfair to me.
>>
>>18536889
>I have a demon bothering me
Go to a priest and have yourself and your domicile blessed and exorcised.

What exactly do you find unfair in the Bible? Jesus isn't hard to follow. No one ends up in Hell who doesn't ultimately prefer that to the alternative.
>>
File: jesus.jpg (103KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
103KB, 1024x768px
>>18536833
According to Catholic doctrine, hell does not exist how you think it exists. You shouldn't want to be in the state of hell if you're a Christian, but it's nothing like you think. Hell is "merely" the complete and total absence of God. By your baptism (assuming you've been baptized), your soul is claimed for Christ. You can, of course, chose to say "no, I reject it," but I wouldn't recommend that. Regardless, if you do sin, you can go to the sacrament of reconciliation to receive penance and, this one is important, do something to make up for your sin moreso than simply confessing it and doing a few hail marys. Anyways, I got off track, but if you die after committing even a mortal sin, you'll go to purgatory for further purification, and then to heaven. You have nothing to fear as long as you remain faithful.
>>
>>18536951
Eternal Hell. Trillions upon trillions of years of burning to death seems harsh to me.

Due to Hell being eternal, us being inclined to sin after Adam's sin seems harsh too.

Practiced homosexuality being worthy of death.

A lot of stuff from the OT.

Things of that nature. I'd like to overcome these issues and change though.
>>
As a Christian, let me offer you some perspective that I've found very freeing.

If a fear of hell keeps you from sinning more than all else, I would reassess my belief in Christ. Once we are saved by Christ, by faith alone, we are saved from hell, period. The letters of Paul state this clearly - nothing we can ever, ever, ever do would make Jesus love us any less (or any more, actually). We strive to not sin because it is the best for our lives according to what Jesus teaches, and we believe that because he's God, he knows better than we do. Not from fear of hell.

When we devote ourselves to following the way that Christ has laid out before us, "sin" leaves our lives and our hearts. Sin, according to scripture, isn't so much an action, but a state of the heart. Jesus washes our hearts from that sin, and we then become one with his spirit, and will spend eternity with him.

It is an encouraging, freeing thought because we can stop striving for perfection that we can never, ever obtain. That was the purpose of the Law of the Bible - not the be a killjoy or to benefit us (the latter being true), but to show that without God, we can never reach perfection. We become perfect through the sacrifice of Christ, not through "not sinning."

Now, I rarely recommend books on here, but one book I think that tells the story of how much Christ loves us and how to shape our lives around that and not just rule-following or doctrine adhering, is John Eldredge's "Waking the Dead." Fantastic book.

God bless, brother/sister. Remember Romans 8:28.

>"We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose."
>>
>>18537048
Excellently put, brother.
>>
>>18536991
>Eternal Hell. Trillions upon trillions of years of burning to death seems harsh to me.
God created human souls as eternal spirits. It makes sense that our ultimate fate is eternal as well.

>Due to Hell being eternal, us being inclined to sin after Adam's sin seems harsh too.
Everything will be taken into account on Judgement Day. God is just and merciful.

>Practiced homosexuality being worthy of death.
God created men and women for one another and instituted marriage Himself through our physical natures. That aside, merely looking at its social consequences, sodomy is a catastrophe. The ongoing HIV epidemic in the West, which is solely the result of gay men in the 1970s and 1980s having hundreds or thousands of anonymous anal sex partners in gay bathhouses, has condemned millions of people to agonizing physical deaths, many of them innocent children. The enforcement of vice laws (or even public health laws) would have stopped the epidemic. God gave us moral standards for a reason, which is our own good.
>>
>>18537048
Thank you for that post. I need to grow.
>>18537059
I think my problem is having been introduced to demonic doctrines which sound nicer/more merciful than reality combined with my pride.
>>
>>18536833
the Bible/Jesus/God doesn't say "fear the LORD" idly. Fear of hell is healthy, you dont want to end up there, but you are right you should love the LORD too, because he created you
>>
>>18537231
We're all growing, brother. In fact, in scholarly/theological circles, they call the process of daily becoming more like Christ "sanctification." But I don't really like to get too deep into the nitty-gritty of theology because in my experience, that just turns loving, joyful Christ-followers into jaded, hateful Christians.

Another thing to recognize about some of the harsher laws of the Old Testament: there are a few things to remember/consider.

One, that, like already mentioned, the Law's primary function was to expose the sin that lurked in our hearts, and help us realize the need for a savior. I tend to believe that although there are practical reasons for the commandments laws (Don't eat pork because turns out it really isn't great for you. Don't engage in homosexual behavior because turns out shoving your penis into another human's asshole isn't exactly healthy and leads to disease, etc), some of the laws are really specific in conjunction to the obvious laws (Don't mix fabric types and don't murder, for instance) to show that perfection is SO unobtainable, that the very idea apart from a God-centered view is ridiculous.

Secondly, some of the specific laws were meant, really, for the families and tribes traveling in the wilderness and for their specific situation. That's why we have the new covenant/the New Testament. Jesus came to fulfil the law (as scripture says) by making it super simple for his followers: love God, and love others. "The entirety of the Law lies upon that idea," he said. When you do that, everything else falls into place.

Also, there's something to be said that Heaven and Hell exist separately from our time-based dimension. That sounds really far-out and /x/ related, but it's something to think about.
>>
>>18536833
If you're only being good for the sake of not being punished, you're not really a good person.
Do good regardless of the rewards or punishments if you don't. Do not think of the consequences that will effect you, think of the end results for others first and foremost.
Don't seek attention or praise for your actions either, do them because they should be done for the sake of others.
Even after all those things, don't give into hubris and proclaim yourself good, only that you tried to do the best for your fellow man because it was the right thing to do.
>>
Look, if you're afraid of burning in hell forever let me tell you this.
What exactly are you afraid of? The pain? If you were to torture some guy by flaying his skin off or any other torture device, at one point in time he will simply stop caring about. He will be mind dead but still be alive though, but he won't care about any more pain, he will get "used to it".
If you were to go to an eternal place of endless suffer, at one point you will die, you may exist but you will die in a way that you won't have any cares about the world or your suffering.
>>
>>18536833

First of all, you have been created by your parents.
Secondly, stop being a delusional pussy faggot.

There's may or may not be a god but he sure as heaven won't care for your shit.
And if there's a christian hell, then only believers would go there and they would all go there, because no matter how hard you try, you will sin and piss off your imaginary friend.

Just accept that religions, especially the abrahamitic ones, are a tool to control the dumb or (saldy) indoctrinated masses with threats of everlasting torture and shit. Obviously it worked with you.
>>
>>18536889

There are no demons. It's your delusional mind playing tricks on you, because within, you know that jebus didn't exist and that all that which you believe in is utter bullshit
>>
>>18537938
I know I am not a good person. Thank you for the advice.
>>
>>18536833
People have recently (historically speaking) misinterpreted or changed the interpretation of many things in the Bible, one of them being Hell.

The word Jesus uses in Greek is γέεννα (Gehenna), which actually means “The Valley of the Son of Hinnom”. An over simplified description of Gehenna would be that it was the garbage dump outside of Jerusalem; this was the place where both garbage and dead bodies would be discarded and consumed by a fire that was likely always burning. The location goes all the way back to the book of Joshua, and was a place where bad things happened– child sacrifice, bodies were cremated, etc. Basically, imagine a dump where garbage is burned– add into that the vision of burning bodies and a historical connotation of child sacrifice, and you’ll see that it wasn’t a very desirable place. However, it was a very literal place and the original audience of Jesus would have understood it as such. They would not have heard the word “Gahenna” and thought of our concept of hell– they would have realized Jesus was talking about an actual place outside the city.

We know that the original audience who heard this warning would not have thought Jesus was talking about the “hell” that you or I think of. Instead, he is warning them about their pending risk to literally be burned in the Valley of Hinnom.

The concept of Hell as an afterlife of fire and pain actually originates from Dante's Divine Comedy. The "modern" version of Hell that most Christians believe in today has no basis in the Bible at all, it's based on a work of poetic fiction.
>>
>>18538236
Interesting.
>>
>>18536833
you are not alonen anon

i think the key to spirutal warfare and resist the devil is to take on the armor of god.

visualisize it when you "put it on"

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
>>
Atleast you obey OP. I got fear of hell, and believe in Jesus but all I ever manage to do is disobey nonetheless
>>
>>18536833
Because man come to know right and wrong, the subsequently must have a punishment for choosing wrong. If the forbbidgn fruit was never touched, then hell would not exist.
>>
>>18538236
I'm pretty sure that people 2000 years ago weren't so autistic as to be incapable of understanding what a metaphor is. That seems to be a more modern affliction.
>>
>>18536833
Proof that Abrahamism is a disease. You're being played by a death god and its suicide cult. Get out and you'll feel a lot better when the truth drops.
>>
>>18539171
I swear if I forget to sage one more fucking time
>>
>>18539127
What sins do you struggle with?
>>
>>18539063
Thanks for reminding me of those verses.
>>
File: Jesus-Not-Mentioned.jpg (43KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus-Not-Mentioned.jpg
43KB, 480x360px
People who believe in Christianity and Hell deserve to experience Hell on earth while they are still alive. Because ignorance is evil and evil people deserve to be tortured, they deserve to suffer as much as possible.
>>
>>18536833
It might interest you to know about the Eastern Orthodox view of "hell" that contrasts with Roman Catholicism. Its considered to be not the absence of God but the fullness of God experienced as an eternal burning by a soul that is engulfed in sinfulness
>>
>>18542170
whatever jew
>>
>>18542170
With that viewpoint you are a clearly a cynical idiot to hang out in a paranormal forum. And Ehrman is an atheist who disregards that Christianity did not exist as we know it today in the first century tho references to Christians most certainly did
>>
File: 82786106.jpg (20KB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
82786106.jpg
20KB, 320x220px
>>18542206
"Yebamoth 98a. All gentile children are animals.

Berakoth 58a. In addition to having Elijah float down from heaven to deceive the gentile court, the Talmud teaches that gentiles are actually animals, hence Rabbi Shila (and Elijah) did not really lie at all. It also teaches that anyone (even a Jewish man) who reveals this Talmudic teaching about non-Jews deserves death, since revealing it makes gentiles wrathful and causes the repression of Judaism. "

Christians are subhumans and are Gentiles. They are to be slaves.
>>
File: Why_5d9d4a_2534490.jpg (118KB, 599x848px) Image search: [Google]
Why_5d9d4a_2534490.jpg
118KB, 599x848px
>>18542207
>hang out in a paranormal forum
I use the paranormal and witchcraft to curse only against Christians. Why else do you think only the USA has so many unique problems no other first world country has? Christians are evil and they deserve to rot for their willful ignorance.
>>
>>18542277
>Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

God doesn't see gentiles as animals.
>>
>>18536833
Are you the fellow I spoke to in that thread a day or two ago?
>>
File: Christians_914ed8_2582976.jpg (30KB, 711x511px) Image search: [Google]
Christians_914ed8_2582976.jpg
30KB, 711x511px
>>18542294
>God doesn't see gentiles as animals.
God sees you as an idiot and has a place in hell just for you, only for Christians. Why else does he give Witches the power to curse you and your family with cancer and car-wrecks. It is because evil Christians must pay and suffer in life and also the after-life. Amen.
>>
>>18542318
I could have been. Someone commented on a post I made about fear of hell being why I don't interact with a demon.And it made me realize I need to change.
>>
>>18542319
There is chum in this water.
>>
I think I am that guy. I told you a bit of my experiences with demons and whatnot.
>>
>>18542336
>>18542329
Oh shoot I didn't reply correctly.
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 282x179px
>>18542329
Take an online IQ test. Learn your IQ is below 85. Realize that everything makes sense and go on being happy knowing about why you think the way you do. It is because you most likely have subhuman intelligence.
>>
>>18542336
Thank you for the help.
>>
>>18542361
>Israel so low

I thought the kikes were supposed to ve smart
>>
>>18542610
There are many types of Jews. To become a citizen of Israel and to claim your rightful property of land, they require a dna test to verify if you have any sort of Jew bloodline. Some Jews are genetically predispositioned to be very smart, but those same Jews have sever health defects, Jews have disease that are exclusive to only them.
Jews have a high rate of Noble Peace Prize awards, may of them lie cheat and steal, but many Jews are also very gifted and extremely intelligent.
>>
>>18536869

>believe they won't get what they deserve.

Life is finite.

Therefore you can only commit finite sin.

Therefore you can never deserve infinite punishment.
>>
>>18542758
But if the chart is correct, then Jews in general have below average intelligence, even if some of them are smart.

So the Jews are smart meme is incorrect.
>>
>>18544234
The Jews of America the smartest in the world. They are less than 1% of the US population but own 70% of all the money in the entire country. Hollywood has an incredibly high average salary for example, 90% of Hollywood is employed by Jews. Banks, College institutions, government, hospitals, behind it all, at the very top of the chain, is a Jew.
>>
>>18544283
You're talking in circles now you moron. Some of them might be smart but that doesn't change the fact that most of them are dumb.
>>
>>18545533
The Ashkenazi Jews make up 80% of the types of Jews. There are about 30 other Jews with no relation in ancestral dna. Just because one group of Jews are like Roma Slavs and are quite savage alike their Muslim counterparts, other branches of Jews, such as the Rothchilds family, are the elite. They are sneaky and race bred with many other cultures and nations, you get Hollywood USA, many which have little Jewish physical characteristics, but they are all Jews. They aren't naturally tall blueeyed blondes, but with infinite monies they can marry and interbreed with anyone they want.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.