[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice For New Magic Practicioners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

if you feel the need to fight about the spelling of magic, please shove that urge up your ass and contribute something of merit.

for someone new to non-denominational witchcraft, what advice would you give?
>>
I like the sage in the jar, it's cute

Some things I've worked out so far from trial and error
-Do magic on an empty stomach. That way more of your energy can go towards your intent and less on digestion
-Kiss the tools you're using before you use them
-Try to be in a vaguely meditative state when you're crafting
-Treat every cast session like it's sacred, because it is
-New moons for romance/new ventures, waning moons for letting go, full moons for anything
-If you feel called to do something or do something differently, do it
-You can use other people spells as a basic outline, but it's great to come up with your own
>>
it's a good idea to learn how to ground and center first, then work at small energy manipulation techniques.
>>
>>18536003

What are you reading as beginner material?
>>
>>18536133
someone just JUST getting into it.
>>
>>18536144

Oh, okay. So, what books are you reading?
>>
File: G0H.jpg (44KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
G0H.jpg
44KB, 500x333px
>>18536003

>When feasible, make your own tools/equipment
>Don't be afraid to throw down magically, if somebody slings negativity your way
>Discipline your mind, a distracted mind left to its own devices dilutes intent and weakens Works
>Practice mindfulness as often as you can
>Explore other systems, and learn the mechanics of their system for incorporation in to your own if it's appealing. Don't limit yourself with arbitrary walls
>Pick up Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs/Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem, & Metal Magic. They're very solid resources
>Read Dion Fortune's Psychic Self Defense
>Don't be afraid to make up spells/rituals of your own, intent is the important part and if it increases intent over a pre-fab spell/ritual for you, roll with it
>>
File: gnnZN5X.jpg (677KB, 2288x2357px) Image search: [Google]
gnnZN5X.jpg
677KB, 2288x2357px
>>18536053

Sound advice. Wiccan?

My advice would be to establish a banishing ritual and a ritual space. Establish directions within a sacred circle, the standards directions on a compass as well as directions of zodiac degrees or celestial bodies

As you craft your circle, imagine it as though it is a metaphysical fortress unassailable by doubt or outside forces. A bastion of the mind where only you hold power. Doubt and fear are common in novice practitioners, let your circle be an artistic representation of your magical will

Math and numerology are useful for strengthening your craft. After all, there are mathematical principles behind sacred geometry, mandalas, and other religious icons

Try meditation and deprivation to achieve gnosis. If that fails, try physical excitation and a stimulated mental state. Basically try everything, experiment, and stick with what works. Unfortunately, you will never find the "perfect" method of achieving focused will, some days you'll master excited delirium and the next day you long for sensory deprivation. Use what works

Codify your intent in casting through sigils, mandalas, seals or other visual artwork. Take your time and be deliberate

>>18536144

Read:

BEFORE YOU READ ANYTHING OCCULT WORKS VERSE YOURSELF IN

World religions
Philosophy
Psychology

Additionally, do not neglect traditional study in lieu of the occult. They are complimentary, like protein and carbohydrates

Occult 101

Introduction to Magic (Evola)
Ritual Magic of the Golden Dawn (Mathers)
Liber Null and Psychonaut (Carroll)
Alexandrian Book of Shadows
Raja Yoga (Subramuniya)
Pagan literature (limitless sources, these days. remember paganism is largely self-taught)

I caution against dabbling in evocation based magic as it can mess with an initiate's head. Once you have an established occult mindset with knowledge and practice feel free to dabble in The Lesser Key of Solomon/Ars Goetia
>>
How do I into non-new age magic? I have so much energy that I can't let go with physical/mental exercises.
>>
File: 1483804960022.jpg (43KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1483804960022.jpg
43KB, 540x540px
>>18536289
I agree with all these, and I'd like to add:

Read everything you can about magic, but be discerning. Avoid hokey "teen witch" books that are full of nothing but names of goddesses and derpy candle spells. Trust your intuition; don't be afraid to judge a book by its cover. If it looks like made-up bullshit, it probably is.
>>
>>18536003
My advice would be that before you try any other advice (excellent in this thread so far), learn to listen to your ego and to silence it. Learn to distinguish the voice of your ego from the voice of your subconscious (or entities) as much as you can.

If you go too far before doing this, Choronzon will fuck you up.

You don't need to know what that means. Just get your ego in check before you get too far. And work on your "chakras", meaning, get your emotional traumas in order. Forgiving everyone who you feel owes you an apology is perhaps the most powerful piece of alchemy a newbie can experience.
>>
I feel like a rainbow is coming out of my screen. Actual practical sane advice about witchcraft.

Thank you anons! Please keep recommending shit to read / study / do
>>
>>18536766
Wouldn't the flip side be that even if it sounds like made up bullshit to you it might help someone else focus their intent better than something else?

ie example spell calls for specific candle making ritual before using the candle in a ritual itself. If it was necessary for the original maker of the spell then it's necessary but if you don't feel it is then it's not. right?
>>
not the same anon but...

>>18538406
>Wouldn't the flip side be...
Well the flip side is, don't trust it simply because it looks "legit", it can look like made-up bullshit, or it can look legit, the proof is in the pudding, put it to work.

>but if you don't feel it is then it's not. right?
Nothing is ever "necessary", but as a general rule the more time, effort, sweat and energy you put into the working, the more potent it will be. I personally make as many tools or components as I can because it makes it much more potent as far as I've seen. It doesnt mean you MUST, and generally the only 'requirement' is that the intended goal is necessary. A momentary, and deep need fueling a half put-together spell will always outperform a 10 month long ritual for some petty shit you do not really need.

Magic is: (How much you want something ÷ how much you need something) - how much the universe/creation wants you to not have it.
>>
>>18538434
let me ammend that little formula:

(Need ÷ Want) - universal pushback or impossibility * effort.

I think thats more accurate.
The more improbably or impossible a thing, the less likely it is, the more you simply want it, and dont need it, the less likely it is. The less work you put in, the less likely it is.

If you both require something, and its not impossible/improbable, and you put in the effort (both physical and magical) the likelihood increases.
>>
Here's a bunch of books I found labelled for beginners: https://mega.nz/#!GlNzhCqR!h-9G7kqCynfXZmMgCVYkUOijOisXhVXtT5nDCrTlzx8
They weren't put together by me and I didn't look them over so I don't know if they're any good. I mean there's 50 something books in there so there must be.

And here are this >>18536324 anon's recommendations (except for the Raja Yoga one), because I was feeling extra nice: https://mega.nz/#!P9VmzZ7a!R8I2bkiezfK_TUWqzZywyXwJdlW8PCc1wyxhZZg8F1s
>>
>>18538449
>[(Need ÷ Want) - universal pushback or impossibility]*effort
FTFY
>>
>>18538553
Wants decryption password
>>
>>18538449
Only problem in your formula is the lack of definition to need. You need very few things, oxygen food and water, therefor making everything else impossible by your formula
>>
>>18538832
It shouldn't. The links I've given have the keys in them.
Anyway, try these:
!h-9G7kqCynfXZmMgCVYkUOijOisXhVXtT5nDCrTlzx8
!R8I2bkiezfK_TUWqzZywyXwJdlW8PCc1wyxhZZg8F1s
>>
>>18538903
Thanks, appreciate the sharing
>>
>>18538934
Glad to be of help.
>>
>>18537932
>learn to listen to your ego and to silence it. Learn to distinguish the voice of your ego from the voice of your subconscious (or entities) as much as you can.
Could you elaborate a bit? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that.
>>
>>18539179
Meditate every day or so, and learn to keep your mind absolutely quiet for as much time as you can.
>>
>>18536003
Kys
>>
>>18539205
Oooh, so you mean make my mind shut up while doing spells?
>>
>>18536746
Masturbate
>>
>>18536003
fringechan.org/library/

Don't forget this little archive. Many of it's materials are not encrypted and you may find the books >>18536324 is telling you to look for.

Blessed be
>>
>>18538602
much better, thank you

>>18538851
A good observation if you take it literally, and perhaps we should. I didnt really elaborate on the difference between "need" and "want" because I feel its a theological or philisophical question that others should come to on their own terms.

Personally I feel that we "need" that which is necessary to the fulfillment of our own personal destinies and Wills. If a new car is something you actually need in the moment to realize your potential, then it is actually a need, and not just a want.

However if you THINK you need a souped up hot-ass sports car, when you could probably get by with a modest mid-size sedan, the attempt at manifesting a sports car is going to have a hard time manifesting.

It's a subtle semantic thing, but an important one I believe.

If my little formula is at all correct, the things which will make magic succeed more often, is asking for things proportional to your needs, to put forth more effort into both the magic and the material methods to achieve it, and to ask for things which are either beneficial for creation to give to you, or at least not overly complicated.

"I need a new car to get my dream job of a movie star, so manifest me a chance at a hollywood role, and a 600k sports car to impress everyone." is unlikely to happen

"I need a new car to achieve my dream of being an actor, so please manifest me opportunities to audition, and a car that's reasonably cost efficient for someone with my income" is a MUCH more likely scenario.

"I need a method of transportation to get me to new job opportunities" is even more likely, though that may manifest a bus pass and a McJob. Its important to move towards your actual dreams without overstating your need.
>>
>>18536766
I bought some kind of green witch book without looking at it first (it was highly recommended)

Ended up being some kind of teen Wiccan snoozefest with goddess this and goddess that on every page. I understood where the rituals were going as far as methodology, but I'm probably going to rewrite the book myself in a way that focuses more on nature and personal energy than feminism incarnated in a witch book.

I've been wanting to create a book with the metaphysical properties of woods and stones, with a list of all the dieties from each region and the lore behind them.

I'm just not much of a joiner to a specific faith, I like to take bits and pieces of all things in a way that flows naturally to me.
>>
>>18536324
Does the Holy Bible's vehement proscription of magic bother you?
>>
>>18539936
not that anon, but why should it?
>>
>>18539936
The Bible prohibits a lot of things that by today's standards seems outdated and excessive.
>>
Anyone here who is an adept or had experience in thaumatargy? (Blood magic)

If so, where do I begin?
>>
My first question is...
Is any of this strictly forbidden for Christians?
>>
Hoping to get advice. I'm trying to use this Sumerian Lexicon.

http://history-world.org/sumerian[1].pdf

So, I'm a retard obviously but what does the "..." or the ellipses within words mean for pronunciation? Initially I thought it meant it was a sequence and that the "..." was a placeholder for a noun but I'm not so sure any more.

Also, any grammatical advice on Sumerian or advice on Sumerian Cuneiform in spell work would be appreciated. I was guided to pursue Sumerian for some reason.
>>
File: hokeypokey.jpg (106KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
hokeypokey.jpg
106KB, 900x675px
The Hokey Pokey truly is what it's all about.
>>
>>18536746
Hold your hands in front of you and concentrate on your fingertips as hard as possible. Feel anything?

Point a knife at your forehead and imagine how sharp it would feel. Feel anything?

If you do, you have taken the first step into real magic, not contrived rituals and ceremonies. Practice concentrating on your forehead and fingertips and see where that leads.

If you come across any system that tries to relate abstract concepts to numbers, words, symbols, minerals, herbs, or anything else, toss it in the trash. Chakra shit goes in trash (though it does reference actual phenomenon, it is burdened by nonsense to the point of being useless.)
>>
>>18540885
For the most part. If you're really concerned about what Christianity permits then pretty much the only thing you can do is energy manipulation, which isn't really magic in the first place.
The problem isn't what's allowed and what isn't, it's the fear most Christians approach magic with. Other than the fact that that fear is compeletely baseless, it's pretty much the worst mindset to have going into this, let alone practicing.
>>
Anyone who can help me get started on blood magic?

I'm hoping for someone who can give me advices.
>>
>>18541018
So you're saying that you need to have complete faith that what you're casting is true and will happen?
I know that anointing oils for Christians exist.
If you're burning things/mixing things, surely you're sending some energy to some kind of being?
>>
>>18541078
Not the person you are talking to,

But I'd assume Christian magic would take the form of offerings and worship in a way that would make you the vessel of the lords power. The magic would be stemming from God, or given to you as a gift from God. Maybe making these gifts more powerful would be akin to intense prayer + fasting sessions, living the way you are supposed to as a follower of Christ, helping people find their own place with the Lord.

I'd imagine Christian magic typically takes the form of healing of the body and soul. There are many people who believe in the works of revival churches and healers.

My mom's boyfriend had a fucked up knee for years and believes that seeing a christian faith healer from India in a seminar healed it.

Personally I believe in the power of positivity no matter which faith it comes from, but if Christianity does it for you then why not pursue it in that direction?
>>
>>18541270
I am sometimes disappointed in Christianity. I want to see a noticeable force and will.
There are also rules that I find hard to follow.
I believe in the Christian God, I'm just disappointed in it. I could see why God would be slow to answer my prayers, considering I do a poor job of following all of his laws.

But I was wondering if there was anything that outright forbids this in the Bible.
I'll just pray on it, that God guides me in the way that he wants, and do whatever the thread says.
Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>18541338
As far as I know, it only becomes a problem if you start following a false idol. Since much magic is composed of appealing to dieties and such that means a lot of it has to be ruled out.

But in my opinion, doing rituals to your Christian God, and believing that God is capable of granting great gifts and fortune to those who worship him in a certain way does not seem blasphemous.

As far as the actual rituals go, I'm not sure that many exist. You may need to read other forms of magic and alter it to serve God or place holy symbolism and herbs in the place of pagan symbolism and herbs. It would almost be like creating your own form of magic that would serve God.

It's new territory, and I'm sure many priests would tell you to abstain from even trying it, but if it's to serve God and benefit people in an outward unselfish way I don't see the problem.
>>
>>18541338
It is specifically prohibited in the bible in about 50 places under various terms.

The punishments are not light either, it is classed along with murder and idolatry.

Technically the bible says you shouldn't even be talking to us.

Then again the bible is full of people doing magic and performing divination. So once again it's just another thing in the bible which is internally contradicting.

If you're worried about remaining compatible with the teachings of the bible, or the opinions of the people around you who almost certainly are (to have given you this mindset), stay far away from magic.
>>
>>18541359
Fair enough. That sounds like a considerable undertaking.
>benefit people in an outward and unselfish way
Well I was going to use it for benefit myself, and any person who I know that might need it.
>>18541398
>Technically the bible says you shouldn't even be talking to us.
I remember my father telling me the Bible prohibits seeing fortune tellers, palm readers, soothsayers, etc.
>Then again the bible is full of people doing magic and performing divination.
I think there was even necromancy in the Bible, wasn't there?

Well I'm not worried about the opinions of people around me, I wasn't going to switch to all black and try to tell everyone about how Earth Mother was the only way to go.

The fear of Hell(I think there's a thread about this right now actually) is one of the main reasons I believe in God, aside from the feeling I get in my chest when I read scripture or listen to very skilled preachers. But I don't do either of those as often as I should, admittedly, that's why I was asking.
I suppose I'll just go with what I said in my post above. I'll pray on it and proceed cautiously.
>>
>>18541359
>>18541398
>>18541420
Thanks a lot, also, I'm half asleep, sorry.
>>
>>18540879
Now we're cookin' with gas.
Thaumatargy begins in the blood. By meditating in such a way that the magician's focus begins with the heart and extends out into the entire circulatory system the thaumatargist may shift their mind into their blood, charging it with 'potential' or 'power'.
The blood being thus charged is extracted in small quantities and used for rituals.
A basic example of this usage is very similar to a Chaos Magick sigil. A sigil is drawn on a piece of paper or other combustible medium, but instead of being charged in the standard methods of chaos magic, the thaumatargist charges their blood and applies a drop of it to the sigil.
The sigil paper is then burned to release the spell.
>>
>>18541420
>fortune tellers, palm readers, soothsayers, etc.
also sorceresses witches etc.

In fact according to the bible you SHOULD be trying to kill us. It's pretty matter-of-fact about it.

Ex: 22-18 "Thou shalt not suffer a sorceress to live"

Some versions translate it as witch, but yeah, that passage justified a whole heap of murder to many christians.
>>
>>18539247
It applies to many aspects that you will gradually encounter. Just trust me and do it. Or don't.
>>
>>18541451
What if somebody was performing a ritual with frankincense and myrrh, a self created sigil for prosperity, and meditative praying for Jesus to bless their villages crops for the winter or drought? Would they be burned at the stake for witchcraft? I still think the context on the purpose of said magic matters.
>>
>>18541481

Now, I may be wrong here, but... It's my interpretation that it is discouraged in the bible due to the fact that magic often tempts one in to coveting the material, and distracts one from harmonious living. Not everyone has the discipline to control themselves from grabbing at more than they need if everything (figuratively speaking) is in reach. At its oft-forgotten core, the focus is to teach compassion, humility, discipline, and respect for all things. It's packaged like Ikea furniture, but there's deep wisdom and a path to enlightenment in the bible.
>>
>>18541481
>frankincense and myrrh
were used in witchcraft and magic long before they were biblically relevant.

>self created sigil for prosperity
sorcery, punishable by death and detestable to god according to the bible.

>meditative
a pagan practice, also detestable to god

>praying for Jesus to bless their villages crops for the winter or drought?
You would be told that prayer alone should be enough, magic is abomination.

>Would they be burned at the stake for witchcraft?
They should be according to the bible

>I still think the context on the purpose of said magic matters.
According to the bible, it does not.

>>18541515
It is not "discouraged" it literally says "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" it is punishable by death.

>At its oft-forgotten core, the focus is to teach compassion, humility, discipline, and respect for all things.
This is completely false, if you read the bible it teaches everything but, and demands death, the sacrifice of children, taking up arms against those who disagree with the religion, rape, slavery, incest and fratricide.

>It's packaged like Ikea furniture
more like an IED

>deep wisdom and a path to enlightenment in the bible.
If there is, it required more bloodshed and violence than any magical path Ive ever heard of.

Look, christian asking questions... read your own bible, it will answer your questions, then you can make up your own mind what you want to believe. The Bible is extremely clear on its opinions.
>>
>>18541515
Yes sorry if I seemed like I was attacking you in my post. I'm more just curious as to any exceptions. Wish there was a customer service department in Heaven to share their policies with me. Oh well.
>>
>>18541522
>You would be told that prayer alone should be enough, magic is abomination.
Lol no. Try not to extend your protestant scripture is everything bs to other denominations. The more traditional branches of the church have always put iconography in high regard and that's p much christianized pagan magicks. They're not always pro but are still quite flexible.

Same thing for meditation.
>>
>>18541078
>So you're saying that you need to have complete faith that what you're casting is true and will happen?
Well, that is true, but what I meant was that fear can screw you over in more ways than one. Not yielding any results is the least of it.

>I know that anointing oils for Christians exist.
...and?

>If you're burning things/mixing things, surely you're sending some energy to some kind of being?
No, for the most part. I assume you mean burning/mixing things as part of a spell because otherwise, they won't do much of anything. But still, your energy should be going straight to the spell, not outwards. I can't speak for any spells or rituals including deities/demons/whatever, since I don't do any of that, but I assume the same principle applies. If you have trouble controlling it then you need to practice more with energy manipulation before doing any actual spellwork.

>>18541338
As someone who grew up Christian, allow me to say, I think sometimes the essence of believing is lost to people. I don't think following the bible to a T is possible, and I don't think it should be attempted either. Your own personal judgement should be the one to decide your actions. Because if your judgement is flawed then you would have been doomed from the very start, a fair God wouldn't do that, would he? So have a little more confidence in the decisions you make for yourself.
>>
>>18541460
Yep, got it. That's what I've already been doing, I just found your phrasing to be confusing is all.
>>
>>18541532
I mentioned the anointing oils because it struck me as something that I would consider magic/spell-tier.

Well the bit about not following the Bible to the T makes me feel a bit at ease. But I would end up cherry picking what didn't stop me from doing things that I enjoy, like fornication.
I'll admit, I like femdom most of the time, and there's the "Do not submit do your wife." that makes me sort of worried.
>>
>>18541548
Oils aren't magical on their own. Otherwise perfumes, lip glosses, fucking hand sanitizers would all be magical. They do have physical properties that have different effects on us, but that's chemistry, not magic.

>But I would end up cherry picking what didn't stop me from doing things that I enjoy, like fornication.
But it already is impossible to follow everything. I bet your clothes are a blend of fabrics, and pretty sure the meat you eat doesn't get blessed before it's chopped and sold. Following everything in the bible is impossible in this day and age. Cherry picking is unavoidable. It all comes down to your judgement anyway.

>there's the "Do not submit do your wife." that makes me sort of worried.
Honestly, I will never understand what's God's business in the way a couple goes about their relationship.

My point with all this isn't to not follow your religion, it's to not allow yourself to be held back by it. Religion is supposed to be a positive force in your life, not a source of fear, judgement and dissatisfaction.
>>
>I'm going to burn a candle, several herbs and a pinecone while I yell crazy things at it waving a dead rats tail, that will teach you a lesson, mister.
Well it didn't do shit and you look like a raving lunatic
>Unthinkable! The rite didn't work! I better add some tibetan buddhism practices to my arsenal, just like the witches of old!
>>
>>18541573
Well, of course. The oils are blessed by some priest I imagine, similar to "charging" a stone or rune or something like that.

I do see what you mean, and I'm very grateful for you taking to time to point these things out.
>>
>>18541451
>Ex: 22-18 "Thou shalt not suffer a sorceress to live"
That might be a mistranslation and the original word was "poisoner", not "sorceress" or "witch." It may have also referred to those using baneful magic to curse people. Which does seem to be destructive to the society, as we can see in Haiti.
>>
>>18541646
Perhaps you're right about the oils, I guess only priests would know how they're prepared. Thank you for the pleasant conversation, I hope it was helpful.
>>
>>18541657
Moses was a diviner, he used a cup for divination, but that was before the law was given.
Divination methods like cards, bibliomancy and such can be ussed to talk to God, but it is not wise to do it as demons can and will give you fake messages, an example would be pepe the frog and /pol/.
>>
>>18541693
Solomon did summon demons and Merkaba mystics/Kabbalists do serious magic.

Didn't some Jews in Israel publicly curse a PM who went to coma afterwards?
>>
>>18536003
What advice?

Stop. Right now.

>Non-denominational

Attempting to divorce methodology from its cosmology is incredibly stupid. People like you are the same type of stupid as those without any electrician or high school level physic's class education trying to rewire their house.

Wicca is bullshit.

Dig.

Deeper.

Or don't and learn a hard life lesson about fucking with things you don't understand. It's your ass and none of my business.
>>
>>18536746
Short answer: you don't.

Long answer:

- Stick to your own ancestry. Your blood is not exclusively your own and preexisting folkways are powerful tools.

- Look up a comprehensive definition of the term "animism". Go no further until you understand what it is and how the resulting world view it provokes differs from that of our modern Abrahamic monotheistic background culture. This goes far deeper than god-name substitutes and you will be utterly incapable of understanding what your ancestral magics and religions are talking about until you divorce yourself of your native world view.

- Study Study Study. Do not neglect the cosmology that is associated with the craft you pursue. There are reasons certain crafts developed the ways they did. 9 out of 10 of those reasons are "because we're not alone in this existence and safety is fucking important".

- Do not use magic as an exhaust pipe. Learn to master yourself first. Magically education a person who isn't in control of themselves is like giving a child a loaded gun.
>>
>>18541749
Shamans and shit?
You know, I was under the impression that these pursuits are a bit silly, as I have this notion that spirits are a reality similar to thougts or dreams, away from our reach, but when I was pondering this a website loaded a videogame trailer that echoed "what do you know?", then again it was probably the devil, he has a fixation with me.
>>
>>18541761
My education is within proto-indo-european and later "germanic" shamanism. Everything I say will be duly colored by it. Having said that, animism was near universal going back far enough. The similarities between shamanic religions world wide is uncanny. You can absolutely draw from another person's folkways to fill in gaps; and there WILL be gaps. Most of this is more recreation than true reconstruction, a rediscovery of lost knowledges more so than a retrieval.

One of the most important things for you to understand is that chances are members of your deep ancestry would not have believed in a "the devil" of any variety unless you are of middle eastern origin. Polar morality, black and white ethics, ultimate good and evil, is a construct of monotheism. Animism in most forms may have figures of intense malevolence or grace, to be sure. But there will never be a rejection of either out of hand so much as a (sometimes begrudging) acceptance of their place in the fabric of things.

Speaking of fabric, you will also have to educate yourself on wyrd. http://norse-mythology.org/concepts/destiny-wyrd-urd/

Again, it comes colored with my personal biases and the weight of my own ancestry at work in my life, but you will be hard pressed to find an ancient form of magic that is in any way divorced from this concept.
>>
>>18541338

We are a program within a program within a program and so on. One of the first laws of computer science is that anything that can run on hardware can also be run on software and vice versa.
That means that everything, my mind, the world around me, is programmable.
Obviously, some "actions" take far more brute calculation by God's "processor" to occur than others.
That's where algorithms come into play.
What would take an inefficient algorithm 2 years to perform one way could also be performed by some other efficient algorithm in 2 seconds.
Of course this would mean it applies to prayers, meditation, magick, music etc..., which could be considered algorithms of sorts.
>>
>>18541772
I'm a different person to whom you were originally talking, more interested in spirituality than magic in fact. I do believe theres a devil because a supernatural entity who adresses itself at that has been stalking me and sending me signs for a good 9 years, fucking hell he even proposed marriage, whatever that implies for a spirit.
>>
>>18541795
Landvættir can be pesky.
>>
File: hmm.png (162KB, 354x354px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
162KB, 354x354px
>>
>>18541772
Quick video on animism: https://youtu.be/Jg3zbRS8cuc
>>
You want some advice ?

how about stop feeding your mental illness
>>
>>18536053
What spells for healing mind and body?
>>
I'm interested in sigils, could someone recommend me a book or something as a starting point?
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.