[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Antique Shop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 1115161302.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1115161302.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Thought I would share my story and pictures here about an antique shop I encountered during my stay in the state of Maine

My brother lives in the complete middle of nowhere in Maine, I came up to visit him and see his new house in this old town called Morrill, now this town was extremely small and extremely remote, he had just bought this house with his fiance for an insanely low price due to the location, well anyways, me and him are watching TV when his girlfriend walks in, she says that her friend told her there was an family owned antique store on the edge of town and we should go check it out, so we all piled into the car and went to find it, we couldn't find it anywhere and GPS was no help so eventually we stopped at a general store and asked for directions, the guy at the front tells us it's down an old road with no signs or any indication whatsoever that there was anything down that road, we finally found it...this huuuuge barn that was converted into a house/store, with only 2 people maintaining the entire thing, the lady at the desk was clearly not right in the head, she had this extremely wide smile on her face and the front of her shirt was drenched in what I could only guess was drool, she looked to be in her late 60s, and spoke VERY loudly "WEEEELLLLCOME TO OUR SHOP!!!" she literally screamed, the 3 of us just kind of slowly wondered away from her to look around, and that's when shit got creepy...

In one room there were a bunch of paintings and mannequins with skulls for heads, they gave off this odd gas like smell, the entire building had a strange smell to it, not bad, but not good, the mannequins wore pretty modern day clothes which was surprising considering it's an antique shop, suddenly the lady from the front desk rushed over and hugged one of the mannequins "No no no! These clothes are not for sale! he would be cold without clothes!" she looked like she was going to cry, it was awkward and creepy as hell

1/3
>>
File: 1115161243.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1115161243.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Not sure why the picture uploaded like that, sorry about about that...

The second room was filled with a lot of glass furniture and lamps, I noticed near the center of the room there was a doll sealed in a glass casing, the entire area around the doll smelled like a porta potty, it was so bad we had to cover our noses, yet again the old lady came up to us to talk "The smell is what keeps him in there!" Confused and creeped out I decided to ask what she meant, and what she told me didn't help the situation "He would get out and run around and cause such a mess! So we found a smell he hated and sprayed it everywhere so he wouldn't get out of his case!"

During the whole time she was talking about it she kept inhaling sharply through her nose, like she enjoyed the god awful strong smell, it was not only creepy but insanely gross

2/3
>>
File: 1115161256.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1115161256.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
Hm, odd, even though the pictures show upright they still upload sideways, blah, anyways..

The final room we went into was the worst of all, the moment we walked into the room we were overwhelmed with one of the worst smells I could honestly say I've ever smelt in my life, it smelled like dead and rotting flesh, the smell was so overpowering that my brother's girlfriend had to leave and go outside

Inside the room there wasn't anything to odd, old rugs on the wall, some old paintings and clothes, and that's when we saw it...

Hung on the wall in the corner of the room was a rotting VERY poorly taxidermied deer hung on the wall, the teeth were rotting and giving off the worst smell, I stayed long enough to snap a picture and just bolted out of there, never went back
3/3

Hope you guys enjoyed this little story, also the second person running the shop was nowhere to be seen, we were just told there were 2 but never saw the second person.
>>
Good story, Thanks for sharing
>>
Maine has middle of nowhere?!
>>
Cool story yank anon. That second pic is definitely a little weird, and there's no telling what the fuck was wrong with that lady. Did you guys find anything worth picking up or did the atmosphere of the place make that seem like a bad idea? Also pics from phones (iphones?) upload sideways because exif data is removed
>>
it seems like you got caught in gravity falls season 3, op
>>
As a Mainer myself, bump.
>>
>>18536399
Fellow Mainer bump.

Any idea what's a good place to urbex at? I'm about half an hour from Portland
>>
File: Flagstaff.jpg (220KB, 1343x839px) Image search: [Google]
Flagstaff.jpg
220KB, 1343x839px
>>18536307
OP here, I lived in Camden Maine for most of my life but ended up moving out of state, plan on moving back soon

>>18536355
We didn't buy anything at all, a lot of the items were insanely overpriced like most family owned things in Maine

>>18536758
We used to do exploration at abandoned farms / small towns waaaaaaaay up in northern Maine new Bar Harbor, we also explored a small almost completely underwater town called Flagstaff, the town was flooded a long time ago but there are some buildings and houses that are above water, we used to take a small boat and just explore inside the flooded houses, was creepy as fuck, it's pretty heavily monitored now though so I don't recommend going there, wardens have cameras everywhere and shit

Right now I'm back in Maine, in the town in Belfast at the moment, I have a ton of stories and some pictures I might post later involving exploration and odd paranormal things we encountered in old graveyards

Maine is amazing for forest exploration, we've found the some of the creepiest shit, but you have to be extremely careful not to get lost, we've known people who have died getting lost in the woods, shitty way to go.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.