[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

protective pendants, amulets, and other jewelry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: TH02 (1).jpg (8KB, 138x179px) Image search: [Google]
TH02 (1).jpg
8KB, 138x179px
so i was reading elsewhere on 4Chan where a man camping in Novojo land was approached by a Satyr-like figure and was told the Thor's Hammer necklace he was wearing was a good think, because monsters and shiet roam those lands.

I'm interested in what necklaces have protective properties, i suppose that invoking the Germanic god of protection of mankind would be rather fitting, but do these have any bearing over what they protect against? (a Thor's Hammer might help against Trolls and Ettins, evil Elves and Dwarves i would have thought for example) or are these just "different windows into the same room" regarding supernatural evil and protection from it, like protection simply works as protection for most all things?
>>
File: thor in navojo.png (21KB, 1582x131px) Image search: [Google]
thor in navojo.png
21KB, 1582x131px
pic related was the example i read about
>>
>>18533328

The book Dictionary of Ancient Magic Words and Spells by Claude LeCouteux has tons of references to protective phrases, amulets, and spells.

Most protect from fever but many are for general illness and misfortune. Some are specific like spells that cause a thief to return stolen goods or spells to protect from epilepsy.

My take would be that your belief in the amulet is more what powers it than simply the shape but this is contested often.

Abracadabra or AGLA which is an acronym of a short prayer/blessing are said to have power no matter who speaks it.
>>
>>18533328
Nice swastica
>>
File: il_570xN.323340283.jpg (54KB, 570x425px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.323340283.jpg
54KB, 570x425px
Contains the nrsimha kavacham.
>>
File: heritage not hate.jpg (26KB, 496x633px) Image search: [Google]
heritage not hate.jpg
26KB, 496x633px
>>18533479
*fylfot
>>
>>18533328
Tetragrammaton. The GOD simbol for cristians and humanity simbol for some pagans. I think is one of the most powerfull amulet or the most powerful one.
>>
File: 1484634564612.jpg (28KB, 460x477px) Image search: [Google]
1484634564612.jpg
28KB, 460x477px
>>18533367
Yo m8, is this book worth buying? I was gonna go ahead and do it before I read a part of its description that said
> From Abracadabra to the now famous spells of the Harry Potter series, magic words are no longer confined to the practices of pagans, alchemists, witches, and occultists.
>>
>>18534171

Its a great reference book for pointing you in directions, it mentions harry potter to pull in teens, thats all.

The book is actually 99% 17th century and older material.
>>
>>18533367
I would have to agree with this anon, your belief in a certain type of charm gives it more power than some random symbol.
>>
If I get a tattoo of a protection symbol will it work permanently?
>>
>>18534374
Thanks bruh
>>
>>18534920
Presumably.
If it works at all and does so passively.
A bit overkill, if you ask me.

I suggest you get a pendant of your preferred symbol and wear that for a while, see how it works for you first.
>>
How much does the material of an amulet matter? Looking at things on amazon, there's a nice clear zinc Tetragrammaton. There are also some gold and silver ones but I don't really want to pay an extra 10 bucks if it's just more shiny
>>
>>18533550
Gesundheit
>>
How will I know if I'm being targeted by someone?
>>
Anyone know a pendant that can protect you from evil eye?
>>
File: evil-eye.jpg (39KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
evil-eye.jpg
39KB, 500x334px
>>18537252
Very popular in middle east.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.