[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gnomes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 34

File: gnomes.jpg (11KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
gnomes.jpg
11KB, 400x323px
Ever heard of gnomes? It's fairly common that people report seeing them here in Sweden, and they creep me the fuck out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnome

Just read about some people seeing gnomes randomly out in the woods on a swedish forum.
https://www.flashback.org/t1849241

Some of it translated with google translate:

"Thought to share with you a strange thing that happened for about 4 years ago when I and a group of friends sat with me and borrowed. When the time was around 1 at night, we see how my neighbor's motion detected garage light begins to shine, we are naturally curious and open the window and see how a being of about 40 centimeters with a large head cap moves along with the neighbor's garage. He did not move like normal people do either, but he went sideways with his head at our direction, we were of course be completely terrified and pulling down the blinds and waits to check for signs and the like until the morning. When we went out we saw traces of small shoes or slippers of any kind that led into the woods. Could this have been known as a brownie or gnome?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0fPoH2gWzc

Alright motherfuckers. We've discussed aliens, demons, gods, ghosts, bigfoot, and all sorts of bullshit, but this phenomena here is fucking real. EVERY story has the same description of the encounter. They feel like time freeze when they look at them, exited but still terrified. The way they talk, the way they dress, the way the walk in that sidestepping kind of way. Every video sighting shows this too, the way they "warp" in and out of the cameras field of view, their presense terrifying the people around them.

Why are we not all over this? THESE MOTHERFUCKERS ARE REAL.
>>
>>18532639
I've heard of redcaps, my grandmother would tell me about them.
>>
Bump. This looks interesting
>>
File: redcap.jpg (25KB, 259x320px) Image search: [Google]
redcap.jpg
25KB, 259x320px
>>18532639
>>18532655
yes probably no gnome at all but a devilish redcap.
>>
File: IMG_3219.jpg (10KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3219.jpg
10KB, 293x172px
In Mexican folklore they are known as duendes. If you look em up on YouTube there's a ton of videos but they're all really low quality and probably fake
>>
kek

Seems like someone is bad at gaems
>>
There's a lot of stories of "little people" all over the world.
>>
kek

it is really butthurt and doesn't know when to quit
>>
>>18532828

I hope the butthurt is not contagious cause i think i caught headeches
>>
They're commonly seen in Scotland as well
>>
File: marañon.jpg (104KB, 1120x706px) Image search: [Google]
marañon.jpg
104KB, 1120x706px
Ok this it's a long story.

This place it's my aunts house.

She has lived in this desert her whole life, in the midle of nowhere, she has a restaurant in there, but the story it's about his son.

His son it's one of 33 miners that were trapped in a mine in the Chilean desert

When that happened I barely knew him, but I was close so I went with my aunt to wait until they got them out, they were trapped inside the mine for 69 days.

When he got out, they made them stars so I didn't see him in long while, but one summer we meet again in that house in the desert.

We drank some beers and he told me that they weren't alone down there, there was someone else in there, living underground.

We call them by many names, but we are never sure about them, normally you only see a shadow or something going very fast, but he seemed quite sure.

All miners say the same, that they weren't alone down there, but they brush it off with the typical response, "we knew our families were waiting for us".

But he told me that something lives down there, and they don't want to be disturbed.
>>
>>18532917
Inside the mine, they could hear them at first, they obviously tought that they were going crazy.

But they felt that something was watching them from the dark, the days passed underground and despair got to them, some wandered in the dark, there it's when they started to notice them.

Talking about it keep them sane, somehow they managed to remain calm and rational, miners are used to the dark and the confinement, but nothing could prepare you for this.

I'll never be sure if this happened, I wasn't down there, but he talked about them like they were very real and they are still there.

He told me that they were afraid at first, with time they got used to the presence of those little people of the underground.

Haven't seen my uncle since, then I find out about the Atacama humanoid and it made perfect sense to me.
>>
They're pretty popular in Peru. They call them something different (no shit) but it's them.
>>
I tend to believe that folktales are created and sustained because they serve a social function. 9 out of every 10 folktales I've read about little people end with humans being kidnapped, robbed, or killed. Gnomes in particular don't seem benevolent, just reclusive.

It's also possible that people have mistaken moles and other burrowing creatures for gnomes and dwarves.
>>
>>18533011
peruvian here, i remember we called one "Muqui"
and he lives in mines.
>>
>>18532917
>>18532983
Screen cap worthy but no one give a shit
>>
>>18533088
Just like it has to be.

Some things are better left underground.
>>
>>18532983
Quien es tu familiar?
>>
File: GnomeCap.png (560KB, 1680x799px) Image search: [Google]
GnomeCap.png
560KB, 1680x799px
>>18533088
I got you, buddy
>>
>>18532983
so greer's alien baby is actually a kobold?
>>
>>18532639
>but he went sideways with his head at our direction,
holy fuck this is what makes me think they might be real because everyone who's apparently seen one describes that part like that, even the alleged videos of them they move like that
>>
>>18533209
>>18533088
That is most definitely not screencap worthy. Literally all it says is "there's something down there". Shit.
>>
>>18532639

Guard your underpants, OP... There's profit in them thar shorts.
>>
>>18532917
t b h fuck Chile last gf was Chilean was a bitch
>>
>>18532817
It's a small world I guess
>>
>>18532983
Now and again the miners would hear a voice come from inside the cave

"YOU NO TAKE CANDLE"
>>
File: tumblr_m7padek3WS1qbnrz6.png (376KB, 500x740px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7padek3WS1qbnrz6.png
376KB, 500x740px
http://adamwarrock.com/GFG01_gnomes.mp3
>>
>>18533048
something to keep the children inside

that way they don't end up like the chick in the OP post on the "scary movies for your GF" thread
>>
swift and steady bump
>>
Fellow Swede here.

I live in the countryside and I have to take a pretty long bus ride every morning to get into town.
The bus goes through all the rural little communities/neighborhoods/villages/whatever you call them scattered around the forest, then heads to the city.

Anyway so after about one hour into the ride you pass a place where the road takes a turn around a small hill and on that hill someone has taken the effort to place probably something around 50 garden gnomes. They've been standing there since I started riding the bus several years ago. Pretty creepy.
>>
File: 1279165661008.jpg (37KB, 600x426px) Image search: [Google]
1279165661008.jpg
37KB, 600x426px
>>18532639
>>
File: awr.png (575KB, 592x428px) Image search: [Google]
awr.png
575KB, 592x428px
>>
File: A Winter in the North (1).png (962KB, 1920x3128px) Image search: [Google]
A Winter in the North (1).png
962KB, 1920x3128px
>>
File: A Winter in the North (2).png (1MB, 1904x3144px) Image search: [Google]
A Winter in the North (2).png
1MB, 1904x3144px
>>18538416
>>
File: A Winter in the North (3).png (537KB, 1920x3128px) Image search: [Google]
A Winter in the North (3).png
537KB, 1920x3128px
>>18538419
>>
>>18538422
From a thread a couple of months ago. Pretty good read even tho quality sucks because its the only thing I've screenshotted here and I'm not an expert.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the the OP ever came back and continued the story?
>>
>>18536099
Can you link the location in google maps?
Have you gone there to check em out?
>>
>>18532639
Yeah. It's weird. Why do things like this show up and vanish randomly. It's like bigfoot and other bizarre animal sightings but these never blow up and became famous because it's too weird.
>>
>>18538422

did the op ever post back?
>>
>>18539085
Nah dont think so
>>
>>18538422
I want so badly to believe this
>>
>>18538416
>>18538419
>>18538422
no mate i aint gonna read that, too long
can someone give me a summary?
>>
>>18532639
this one seems pretty legit to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plsXtHu9kn8
>>
Gnomes are Elemental Spirits of Earth. Northern Watchtower under Uriel and the same general sphere of influence as the Sidhe. Gnomes are of the 'Earth' and focused more around devices and metalwork than straight plantlife as nature entities.
>>
>>18539940
Really makes you think.
>>
File: sulu.jpg (5KB, 233x216px) Image search: [Google]
sulu.jpg
5KB, 233x216px
>>18534023
kek
>>
>>18539107
Im going to assume he and his friends died. Gnomes are not to be messed with
>>
>>18539605
Basically
> OP goes to live with swedish grandpa in Yukon.
>Accidently pissed off gnomes that the grandpa had been living in relative peace with
>have to get the fuck out of there
> grandpa goes back cause fuck it, its his home
>Op says he hasnt heard from him since and is going back in March/april w/friends (original post was like june-october if I remember right)

Found a better screenshot if it helps
>>18541584
Honestly, I think he just wasnt bothered writing more or just forgot
>>
File: winter in yukon full.jpg (2MB, 1753x7763px) Image search: [Google]
winter in yukon full.jpg
2MB, 1753x7763px
>>18542276
forgot the picture like a twat
>>
>>18532817
manlets are present in every era and culture
>>
>>18533793
>>18533209
I thinks it's great short read
>>
>>18539622
Why did they run like pussys? If this is real I would've tried to interact with him. His little penguin waddle looks like he could fall over with a little nudge.
>>
File: how-about-i-slap-your-shit.jpg (58KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
how-about-i-slap-your-shit.jpg
58KB, 600x600px
>>18542576
Say that to me IRL and not online and see what happens.
>>
>>18542282
Was there ever a follow up to this story.>>18538416
>>18538419
>>18538422
>>
>>18539107
see >>18542700

>>18539371
Me too
>>
Swede here.

I grew up on a farm/ranch, and I remember one evening when, as a kid, I went to gather some firewood from the woodshed...

I was unable to close the door so I went inside to get rid of the wood, only to return and find that somebody had already closed and locked the door for me.

I'm pretty sure it was a garden gnome.
>>
>>18542825
I'm talking about the winter in Yukon story
>>
>>18533808
Underrated
>>
File: niborea__dwarf_by_prasa-d4guel3.jpg (105KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
niborea__dwarf_by_prasa-d4guel3.jpg
105KB, 900x600px
I really like Gnomes. I like the sound of the word too and the spelling. Gnome. G-Nome. Nnoommess.

I'm thinking of buying multiple gnome statues inside and around my house. What do you guys think? I'm only afraid that the gnome statues will come alive during the night.
>>
I've seen Little Trotting Lads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9X18ItjNhw
>>
>>18542886
ladies and gentlemen, i present you, welcome to /x/. where garden gnomes sneak in and do random tasks you were thinking of doing.
>>
File: Z5WN5.png (137KB, 822x1320px) Image search: [Google]
Z5WN5.png
137KB, 822x1320px
>>18546706
Don't do it.
>>
>>18546706
You should get this book called Gnomes. It's a really cool book with great art and info about gnomes.
>>
Why is everyone scared of gnomes?
Are they really evil troublemakers or something?

I mean out of all the mythical beings and shit, i thought gnomes were chill dudes.
>>
>>18547177
They are chill dudes, unless you start to fuck with them. Then you're fucked.
>>
>>18547177
>>18547239
It's elves you gotta worry about, they'll rape you with their little barbed penises.

Barbed penises I tell you!
>>
>>18547239
how can I get to be cool with them? do they like a certain kind of music? food offerings?
>>
>>18547787
It's said that if you have a farm, you can leave out food and in return they will look out for your animals.
>>
>>18547800
isnt it more likely animals are eating the food left out for the gnomes, and this food sustains the animals?
>>
>>18547965
Probably, but this is /x/, so no.
>>
My cousin Nikita is from yekaterinburg and he says that people talk about dwarves in the Urals that mined copper. That's why most copper mines within the inhospitable Urals are already opened/mined. He said they used to trade copper all the way up until the 1990s but they've completely withdrawn from human interaction.
>>
when I was 7, I was constantly running through the ivy on the side of our typical suburban house. One afternoon, I heard a mans voice yell at me. I turned around and got on my knees to see a Gnome looking up at me, yelling. Told me to stop as families were living in the ivy. He was not polite. I agreed and never did again.
>>
>>18548076
Did the encounter have any of the commonly reported stuff like, the gnome sidestepping, you time feeling frozen or unreal, the gnome shifting in and out of vision, etc?
>>
My father told us that he was going to cement that side of the house and I told him about the gnomes living there. The next day, I went to the side of the house and got on my knees and kept callng him to come out, as I had something really important. He finally came out and we had a brief convo. He said okay and walked back into the ivy. Weeks(?) later, my father mentioned it again and I told him it was alright, as I already told the gnome. After dinner, my father took me outside to see the gnome. I called and called for him, but he wouldn't come out. Tried a couple times since but never saw the gnome again.
>>
>>18548109
I was very young. I remember feeling euphoric about the encounter. I knew by his gruff nature that it was best to respect him.
>>
>>18539940
more like malicious rat eating little fuckers. the gnomes vary really. there are little bitty ones, that are basically nac mac feegle on meth, to the ones almost hobbit sized that are nac mac feegle on meth that got bombarded with gamma rays and became the hulk and are spun the fuck out. you ever see the movie ghoulies? that with a cutesy hat hairy face and body suit tattoos.

never trust any of these things. there are a reason we pushed them out to the fringes, if not gully wiped them out. they are unstable, violent, and plain fucking crazy. the whole Faire folk cant lie is bullshit. they say they cant lie, because reality changes to them on a constant momentary basis.

I'd sooner trust the bigfoot, and those things are like giant maneating chimpanzees, not that hippie peaceful nature spirit.

>>18548016
blephek? is that what they called themselves? they are closer to dwarves than gnomes.
>>
>>18542276
holy shite gonna read it now thanks pal
>>
File: 1460930166973.gif (941KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
1460930166973.gif
941KB, 627x502px
Bumping for more gnome stories.
>>
>>18547787
A. Owl of milk and honey always earns thier favour. Do it every night tho. On special days, like holidays or when you return from a trip, leave milk with extra honey, then also set the entire honey jar down and leave some fresh meat. They prefer "wild" things like rabbit, squirrel, deer or duck but will be very happy with a nice hunk of good beef if you can't find anything else.
Continue giving them milk and honey, even after they get a whole jar. That jar will be EMPTY by the next day.
>>
I had a gnome living on my farm. Seemed pretty chill at first
See,mom always put out big pots of food for the dogs, mostly meat stuff as we butchered cows. Of course the dogs would eat thier fill then go off to bed, so a gnome would have plenty cooked food to svage after the dogs were done.
One night though, I was maybe 12. Couldn't sleep, my bed was level with the window so I was just looking outside, thinking about kid shit.
The moon was pretty bright, our yard was tree free except for two really old, tall oaks that grew right next to each other. These trees were casting a really dark shadow right outside my window.
looking oUT the window,motion catches my eye. I look at one spot for a long time and halfway shit myself when a figure side stepped out of the showdows. Just like some here say, he walked sideways but had his head turned toward where he was going. He side stepped along the shadows to our koi pond and when he got to it he seemed to bend down, gather water in his hands or maybe a bowl , then side stepped back to the tree.
Closed my blinds and cried out of fucking sheer terror. Never told anyone

When I turned 15, we stopped cattle and started with chickens. Our dog died, so mom stopped leaving the leftovers outside. We had chicks being raised in a wooden box which was in a CLOSED IN porch. We made sure foxes or hawks or snakes couldn't get in.
A week before they would be ready to put into the actual coup, something killed every one of them in one night. Thier bodies were just gone, no blood, only a few feathers.
We checked every nook and cranny, there was no way someone or somthing got in the porch without unlocking the door.
My dad was pissed, so angry in fact he got a new guard dog , really cool blue heeler . Leftovers started getting left out side again. Never saw or had any trouble since then. In fact, that year our horse finally concieved for the first time when we thought she was barren. She had three babies all together since that year.
>>
>>18532703

>Probably fake

Well they're real midgets
>>
>>18548491
fuck lad this reads real, but i always put it down to kids imagining shit when theyre kids

when i was a kid i snuck out on christmas eve with my brother to the christmas tree in our loungeroom to look at presents... and id swear up and down i saw santa coming down the chimney. i remember it, he saw it, we both ran

but i know it was bullshit, but its just that kids and imaginations are really strong
>>
>>18548505
I like to think Santa is king gnome.
Gnomes like when you do good right? Leave the trees alone, don't start fires ect and they will leave you gifts or help around the land.
Couldn't Santa just be alpha gnome who went way too far?
>>
Bump for me stories
>>
>>18542576
lol no, gnomes have superhuman strength despite their height
A single punch might destroy your organs, you should stay away from them because there is no way you could catch them
We don't want to be disturbed, fuck off
>>
File: symbol of atheism.jpg (8KB, 228x204px) Image search: [Google]
symbol of atheism.jpg
8KB, 228x204px
>>18532639
Does the encounter scare the Atheism out of them Swedes?!
>>
>>18532639

>old midgets that become gypsies or hermits.

works for me
>>
File: Goblin Hunter.jpg (38KB, 460x548px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Hunter.jpg
38KB, 460x548px
>>18548996
>We don't want to be disturbed
>We
Go back to your burrow Gnome, where the fuck does a fairy get a computer anyhow.
>>
File: gnome_propaganda.jpg (111KB, 838x678px) Image search: [Google]
gnome_propaganda.jpg
111KB, 838x678px
>>18549128
>>
>>18549128
>2017
>Not being on good terms with your hustomte
>Not leaving your computer on when your out so i can shitpost in peace
Fucking cityfolk
>>
>>18532639
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_People_of_the_Pryor_Mountains

a local story from around where I live, you may find it interesting!
>>
File: The_San_Pedro_Mountain_Mummy.jpg (43KB, 505x287px) Image search: [Google]
The_San_Pedro_Mountain_Mummy.jpg
43KB, 505x287px
>>18549142
>>
File: gnome.jpg (30KB, 577x408px) Image search: [Google]
gnome.jpg
30KB, 577x408px
>>
Holy shit, this board is retarted, do you really belive in gnomes ?
>>
>>18549195
If you put it that way...

We believe in the existence of height impeded humanidos.
>>
>>18549195
>retard detected
>>
>>18549195
fuck you
>>
File: happy holyfuck.jpg (57KB, 600x270px) Image search: [Google]
happy holyfuck.jpg
57KB, 600x270px
Gnomes though? what makes them scary.. punt those motherfuckers across the yard

>PICNONRELATED
>>
File: orionbelt01.jpg (29KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
orionbelt01.jpg
29KB, 500x270px
>>18532639
The most advanced civilizations would shrink in size; more efficient, less risk of something breaking down etc.

So if we ever develop a technological singularity, then one of the most common forms that the ubermen would take is that of gnomes.
>>
>>18549195
Gnome poster detected.
>>
File: Dwarf_7.jpg (32KB, 362x439px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf_7.jpg
32KB, 362x439px
>>18549195
You can't trick me Gnome, I know all about your wily ways!

>>18549241
In all seriousness Dwarfs in various folktales and mythologies are infamous for their supernatural strength.
The closest I thing I can think of would be Gibbons, those little apes are a quarter the size of a grown man but just as strong.
Same with Gnomes, they're small but insanely strong.
I remember reading a story where a kid pissed a Tomte off and it through him through the air like a football. It would toss him from one end of the farm to the other, catching him four times until the fifth when it let him splat into the ground.
Don't fuck with Gnomes mate, or any of the Fae really.
>>
>>18549128
>gnomekin
These people must lead miserable lives.
>>
>>18532703
In mexico they have aluxes; duendes (goblins) and gnomos came off with the spanish, retard.
>>
>>18549195
>t.
>Gnome
>>
>>18542282
Intresting read. But I'm not really bying it beacuse it ends with a ccliffhanger.
>>
>>18549563
It's all the same shit.
>>
File: An attempt was made.png (67KB, 741x558px) Image search: [Google]
An attempt was made.png
67KB, 741x558px
>>18549195
>>
>>18549128
gnomes are the shady ass negroes of the supernatural world. they steal whatever jamal doesnt get his red hands on.
>>
>>18549563
Nel, those are called Duendes faggot
t. Mexican
>>
>>18534076
Anyone know if this is worth listening to or just 2 dorks talking about gravity falls?
>>
https://youtu.be/6n3pFFPSlW4
>>
File: legit gnome photo.jpg (79KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
legit gnome photo.jpg
79KB, 625x415px
Swede bro here
For the past few weeks something had been raiding the fridge in my garage so I got fed up and set up a trail cam and this is the photo it took
>>
>>18548510

Well if gnomes want you to leave the trees alone, why would Santa gnome reward people who chop down a tree and drag it into their house?

I respect your whimsy though, anon. Never change, true believer.
>>
>>18552470
Only one solution, cut that fuckers throat
>>
File: 960.jpg (75KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
75KB, 960x540px
>>18552485
>>
serious question
how do i summon a gnome or where i can ffind them?
im not afraid of them, theyre seem innfensive
im gonna catch one and be rich by selling him to the government for investigations
>>
>>18552470
>despite their size, gnomes have superhuman strength
>>
I'm amazed no one here has mentioned Gnomes amazing proclivity toward invention.
>>
>>18539622
holy fuck thats awesome
>>
>>18554036
t. gnome
>>
>>18539622
Get Crabbed on
>>
youtube.com/watch?v=bNO8NiPiVgY

In Fresno CA.
>>
https://youtu.be/em4Yl8qIm9Q
>>
>>18548076
Similar story here.
Happened to me when I was about 7 or 8 yo.
Went to gather water at fountain in the mountains like used to do with dad and sibling, and we used to play closeby in the woods. I got further into woods that I ever had before and a couple of grumpy angry faced gnomes scared me out of the place. I got the message just fine.
>>
>>18548109
I'm the similar stroy guy.
Mine had everything.
>>
>>18546710
YOU SCOOP EM UP
YOU SHOOT EM UP
>>
There was this youtube series of a guy who was investigating gnome activity at a house out in the middle of thick woods. He walks around and shows tunnels where they come out of and tracks. He even recorded their voices in one video. Anyone got a link to that channel? There was also a blog that went along with it.
>>
Bumpiiing
>>
>>18557430
bump for this
>>
>>18557430
I remember that but I don't have a link.
>>
>>18548016
What's the local name? Do you know anything about the height or general appearance?
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>18549195
nice try keem
>>
>>18548996
[Citation needed]
>>
>>18550247
Make It look like the gnome Is sweating and worried
>>
I hope they're like Warhammer dwarfs.
>>
>>18532639
I never saw one, but things disappear in the place I live and we've always blamed gnomes for that for some reason.
>>
>>18557837
Same with Christmas tree lights.
>>
>>18542576
According to some folktales. Gnomes, duendes, and other faes have magic that can kill, drug or fuck up an adult man. Also, other tales give them inhuman strength, meaning that fighting them unarmed would be a suicide.

They are still magical creatures and some of them like human meat (specially childrens meat in the case of duendes). So messing with them without any weapon is stupid.
>>
>>18547239
Gnomes maybe. Duendes are fucking monsters.
>>
>>18557837
I was told it's mostly the brown/black gnomes who do this.
>>
There's a way to see a gnome?
>>
>>18557934
DMT and shrooms.
>>
>>18534023
Ayyy
>>
So, I saw a short humanoid when I was kid and there was a blackout. There was no hat. What are the chances it was a gnome?
>>
there was a story about a woman who saw one on monsters&mysteries in amerca
>>
>>18532639
Are they worried about what society is doing about their environment? Or do they have a magic anti-pollution spell?
>>
>>18548439
Uh huh. These little shits ever spot grocery money?
>>
>>18548114
bullshit
why do you lie
>>
Are they supernatural beings or something like Bigfoot?

I live on a small island and in an area right next to the jungle free to explore, we call them duendas here due to the Spanish/Mexican heritage, but I've never experienced anything myself, is there any way to track them or find clues of their nearby homes or whatnot? I heard they usually live near mushrooms or they eat mushrooms or something like that
>>
>>18539622
creepy but Damm that vid quality
>>
>>18558487
keep in mind that it was recorded in 2009 by poor villagers nearby paraguay/brasil border
still a good catch desu
>>
>>18557714
Gnomes get a bonus to INT and DEX, they're not the strongest fighters. They'd make better spellcasters or thieves desu.
>>
>>18534008
heh heh
>>
>popped a shit ton of shrooms.
stopped reading right there.
>>
File: WP_20170124_10_16_01_Pro_LI (4).jpg (725KB, 1723x3061px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170124_10_16_01_Pro_LI (4).jpg
725KB, 1723x3061px
I took this freaky picture of a gnome in my backyard. Anyone know what type it is and how i should talk to it? I'm not roleplaying.
>>
>>18559747
FU K WHERE'S IT'S FACE
>>
>>18557734
think more like the G-nomes from MHI.

little gang banging thug wannabees.
>>
Slyness and mischievous bump
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpUb8TS4bHM

Same shit different place.
>>
>>18559747
Lay naked face down on the ground with a peanut in your butt. The rest should come natural.
>>
>>18532639
Just like almost all paranormal creatures they are some sort of demon
>>
I've told this story before on here but I'll tell it again. The only weird thing I've Ever seen was when I was 15. I live in the states in the south and one night I was walking around a neighborhood on the side walk when the rustling of leaves and some movement caught my attention in someone's yard. I turned to look at whatever was moving and at first i thought it was a puffy white cat or something. But when i got a good look at it I froze in bewilderment/terror. It was a motherfucking garden gnome doing that weird sidestep thing and he was making his way from the front yard along the side of the house to the back. It felt like when you accidentally get to close to and animal and they just kind of get startled and retreat to keep their distance. I ran away after a couple seconds cause it freaked me the fuck out. It didn't feel real watching something like that thing and the way it moved was so fucking weird. It was to small to be a midget and to fluid to be a robot or toy. I think it's more logical to say I was having a stress hallucination or som thing but I was in a sober state of mind and I saw it clear as day, still the brain is capable of some weird shit sometimes so I don't know.
>>
>>18532639
I am a gnome
>>
>>18561527
Quick grab him¡¡¡¡

I want me some gold.
>>
>>18561529
Not a leprechaun, faggot.
>>
>>18561344
Stop watching goosebumps silly
https://youtu.be/FiEor8CxYbM
>>
>>18561760
I'm totally spooked
>>
It's really weird this thread came up I just saw that movie last night.
>>
Santa Is the gnome king
Santa=Papa Smurf
Also see the movie trolls that came out recently
>>
>>18532639
Do Swedes eat a lot of psychedelic mushrooms?
>>
>>18548185
>they are unstable, violent, and plain fucking crazy
so they basicly act like humans?
>>
>>18563858
you've seen manlets with the LITTLE man complex right?

Imagine a someone that is so fucking small and short, that even a chinese dwarf and Mini Me look like Jojo Protagonists compared to them, mocking them, and calling them manlets for millenia with the universes worst case of littleman times a billion.

you have the merest glimpse of their rage, insanity and violence.
>>
>>18556934
gotta snap the little legs first!
>>
>>18546774
Not said swedish poster, but I'm finnish and we also have our folklore about gnomes/tomtes. Here they were mainly seen as sort of ancestor spirits, keeping the homesteads safe and occasionally helping out with tasks in exchange for thank you-gifts or offerings like food or keeping the sauna on for a little longer so that they could "use" it after the people had had their go.

Sure they could be angered by certain things and could wreck shit, but generally calmed down quite quickly.
>>
in Iceland the existence of the 'hidden people' (huldufolk) is taken as a matter of fact, and cities will even build highways around rocks where they are supposed to be living.

here is a sweet documentary about gnomes, elves and other weird stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVi04DqpZ6g
(an investigation into the invisible world) (great to watch while stoned, good music and cinematography)

the idea being that these creatures, much like what we know as aliens, exist alongside us but in a slightly different density, or on a different wavelength, however you want to put it.

Jacques Vallee and John Keel both wrote a lot of books with the thesis that what we know of as abduction experiences are actually just humans briefly entering into altered states of consciousness where we are capable of perceiving creatures and events occurring in this alternate material density. it seems to have an effect on our space/time continuum- accounting for missing time/slowed down time.

Personally I think that there's a rational explanation for all of this and that in the next 20-50 years science will be able to explain everything. It's probably already well understood by governments but classified so as not to disturb the majority of the population.
>>
I have two stories about gnomes/elves/huldufolk from my trip to Iceland a few years back:

the first came when we were walking around Thingvellir, which is the place where the ancient Icelandic parliament (basically) would convene every year. It's also the meeting point of two tectonic plates, so basically where Europe and America meet geologically speaking. Off to one side is a trail with a lot of placards explaining the history of the place, and on the other is a canyon where most tour groups don't go. I decided to walk down the less-traveled path on my own, while my family went on the guided tour. It was deserted and I enjoyed the peaceful walk, very beautiful. The only strange thing was that I felt like I was being watched- I figured it was the elves, but I made sure to watch where I was stepping and to act respectful.

After what I thought was about 15 minutes, I turned back and retraced my steps. Eventually I ran into my dad, and he was freaked out. I asked him what was wrong- I had been gone for an hour and a half! My perception of time had been vastly distorted. I don't really know what that means, but it was weird.
>>
The second story, and much more dramatic, came when we were visiting Dettifoss, which is the highest-volume waterfall in the world or some shit. It's the place where the white guy disintegrates and falls into the water in Prometheus. Crazy fast-moving, high-volume waterfall, just torrential. If you fall in you're fucked basically.

So my sister and I were standing on the edge and taking pictures like tourist retards, and she told me 'scoot over a little bit so I can get the waterfall in the frame.' I took a small step to the left and felt myself begin to slip on the wet rocks. Of course, it was about 100 feet straight down into the raging river. I would have been dead, and I felt myself begin to slip backward.

And then I felt the strangest thing- as though I was being supported from behind by invisible hands that pushed me forward.

To this day I am 99% certain that because of my respectful conduct while exploring the territory of the hidden people in Thingvellir and near the beach in Vik (for those of you who have travelled Iceland) I was saved from certain death by falling into the waterfall. I felt myself begin to slip, and I felt myself be lifted by invisible hands and saved.

I hear a lot about the sketchy behavior of gnomes and elves, and I believe it- but I think perhaps the way they treat you depends on the purity of your heart and the respectfulness of your conduct in their presence. Take that as you will.
>>
>>18564221
good post. yeah, they're elementals, undines, sylphs, gnomes, dryads, etc. our ancient forebears used to be able to see them. as time went by, we lost the ability to see into the etheric and the knowledge of the elemental spirits of nature gradually became myth and fairy tale in a broken telephone kind of way down the ages.
>>
if you're interested in reading more about encounters with the denizens of the imaginary world throughout history, 'Passport to Magonia' by Jacques Vallee, 'Our Haunted Planet' and 'The Complete Guide to Mysterious Beings' by John Keel, and 'The Book of the Damned' by Charles Fort are really good.

But be careful! You might start to read fairy tales as fact, not fiction! Once you start to go down this rabbit hole, there's no coming back.
>>
>>18564267
for sure- i think that what we think of as ESP and psychic abilities might just be the vestigial remnants of talents that humans used to possess in our ancient past. In those CIA documents about remote viewing that have been getting some attention lately, they compare it to musical ability- some people are born with it, some people are tone deaf.

One thing I'm interested in is how children seem to be more talented or open to seeing these beings. I'm not sure exactly what this means- perhaps as we age, we become less sensitive to these energies? Certainly there are more cases of children encountering little people or mysterious creatures. In that documentary I posted above, they talk about this a little bit.
>>
>>18564277
>One thing I'm interested in is how children seem to be more talented or open to seeing these beings.
Perhaps it has something to do with the pineal gland calcifying over the years.
>>
>>18564096
lmao you seem upset my dude

you have a personal experience with them?

did they shit in your cornflakes?
>>
>>18564277
we gradually petrified, so to say, (which originally meant to become stone or mineral), through the ages. in a distant past, we were far more clairvoyant than we are now. in fact, at that time, our skulls hadn't closed completely, which aided in our clairvoyance, which is a lot like you find with newborn babies and young children; it takes a while for the so-called soft spot or surrounding fontanelles to harden up and close up. in an ancient past, we were all like this throughout life. it explains perhaps why young children have the capacity for some species of clairvoyance and why it becomes lost in most people as they become older.
>>
>>18564221
Aren't Huldufolk supposed to be really tall and heavily built?
>>
>>18532639
Gnomes are actually very polite and helpful creatures. Here's a very informative introduction into the lifestyle of the gnome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=navva7LA-0g
>>
i can't believe we have a successful thread about gnomes. /x/ makes magics happen
>>
>>18564259
>>18564242
How old were you when these stories took place?
>>
>>18547006
This one?
https://a.pomf.cat/hlxugf.pdf
>>
>>18532639
My Filipino step-mum talks all the time about gnomes back in the Philippines. She said everyone just accepts the fact that they exist. Apparently they used to throw pebbles at her when she was trying to clean the house, that's the only stories I've ever seriously heard about them and desu I was shocked anyone was ever convinced that they exist haha
>>
>>18565943
also what is this desu... wtf lel I wrote 'to be honest' fuck you moot you cunt
>>
>>18565947
desu desu desu desu
>>
>>18564302
Source? Where'd you get this info? Or did you just come to this conclusion yourself
>>
>>18549145
Why the fuck has no one asked about this
>>
>>18565947
What is a moot? Is it another type of gnome?
>>
>>18564295
they pissed in my cornflakes, thank you kindly.
>>
B-ump
>>
Manlets. When will they learn?
>>
>>18567946
when they grow up
>>
>>18564564
maybe he was below 14
if you look closely u can check all experinces happen when the storytellers are pre-adolecescent
i call this thread bullshit, there is such thing as gnomes, worldwide lie
>>
>>18569716
That's clearly what the gnomes want you to think. Or are you one of them?
>>
>>18569716
>t. GIDF
>>
This thread is sadly over, it's a pity no one shares anecdotes/stories
Let's let it die and wait next month until new stories show up
>>
File: IMG_20170127_151204_058.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170127_151204_058.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>18571409
gnomes are real.
100% proof.
>>
>>18532639
don't fuck with large boulders or the gnomes will kill you true lore
>>
>>18557586
>>18557655
https://youtu.be/zvlKi8c4Sw0
>>
>>18564957
yeah that one
>>
>>18538416
i read this original thread and honestly it's probably the best thing i've ever read on /x/, although I don't spend much time here
>>
>>18572335
true, there's something about mini humanoids that leave it open to discussion. it's way more believable than psychics or anything like that. I think it's more plausible that little humanoid creatures could exist
>>
>>18548076
It's just an old man yelling at you to get off his lawn except his a gnome and his lawn is ivy. No big deal.
>>
File: beastunleashed.png (136KB, 922x748px) Image search: [Google]
beastunleashed.png
136KB, 922x748px
>>18573592
There would have been numerous hominids of various shapes, sizes, temperaments and intelligences living on the Earth before our genotype either ate them all or fucked them all.

And in the future, transhumans are likely to adopt a smaller frame for efficiency and space travel reasons.

So either way you look at it, miniaturization is a recurrent theme, compression is written into the geometry of space-time.

Fun times ahead, new worlds to explore and discover.
>>
>>18548109
It happened exactly like that to me as a small kid. I lived near a forest. I wish I could've been more open at the time to them... there was a group of them, but they kind of freaked me out they made me really dizzy/frozen so I sent them away. I didn't realize those were common traits of an encounter
>>
>>18564368
No Huldufolk are basically the same as western eurpoen elves/alfs. The only difference is they have a long tail. So basically Legolas but with a long bald ratlike tail.
>>
>>18571843
Fuck you. I'm not clicking any more links in this thread past midnight ever again.

That one with the two mexicans NOPED me the fuck out. I had to sleep with the lights on in my bedroom.
>>
>>18574442
I wonder if the sidestepping is just a habit they develop from growing up in small underground tunnels where gnomes frequently travel down in opposite directions.

So you grow up automatically walking sideways and sucking your gut in so you don't accidentally bump into someone and make them drop all their stuff.
>>
>>18575982
I'm thinking it's shit joints from dwarfism.
>>
do you swedes have sauna (bastu) gnomes or is it just a thing here in finland?
>>
>>18574361
>>18573592
The Cryptoterrestrials: A Meditation on Indigenous Humanoids and the Aliens Among Us by Mac Tonnies
>>
>>18557837
>I never saw one, but things disappear in the place I live and we've always blamed gnomes for that for some reason.

Holy shit, I blame Gnomes for stuff going missing all the time....my gf hates it
>>
>>18578918
just put hidden cameras and problem solved
also
>blaming gnomes for missing things
unless you live in a cottage among trees in a countryside you have to be a bit dumb to think that
>>
>>18565957
Complete bullshit, at least when it comes to things like skeletal finds and fossil finds of our ancestors.
>>
>>18558526
For the accent i think it was recorded in chile
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.