[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hidden knowledge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 19

File: Planets.png (108KB, 769x709px) Image search: [Google]
Planets.png
108KB, 769x709px
I find it hard to believe that Mars and Saturn's moon Titan are the monochrome colors that we're shown from NASA's probes.

What gives NASA the right to doctor or withhold information from us when they use our tax dollars to fund their operations.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNiO1b0ewy0
>>
>also general NASA conspiracy thread
>>
>>18529778
sometimes you just have to look in the mirror and ask yourself, why the fuck do I care?
>>
>>18529778
I honestly think NASA is just bullshit. literally a front to make the masses believe that "we humans" are exploring space.

I don't think anyone has been on the moon let alone Mars. I don't even believe those rover things are making it to Mars. It's all bullshit.
>>
>>18529857
that just seems so pointless to me
>>
>>18529859
What do you mean pointless? Like why would they lie. If so I can give about 10 reasons off the top of my head. More if you give me time.
>>
File: mars.jpg (166KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
mars.jpg
166KB, 626x626px
>Mars
>monochrome
>>
>>18529866
Yeah whats the point. What happens if someone finds out? Just seems like an awful.big waste of time and resources all to what? pretend the u.s. has traveled in space? Given todays technology, space travel seems totally plausible to me and seems like a dumb thing to lie about. Are all the other countrys that say theyve been to space lying too? come on now
>>
>>18529883
Pointless like War, yeh sure.

Look, people the majority of society needs something to talk about, something to believe, that Humanity is doing something. That our so called leaders will show us wonderous things.

In my opinion it's all fake, call me crazy if you like I don't care. I think they have put satellites in our atmosphere way up. But the second they go out of it, even if they can they would be crushed by the pressure, the spaceships would just get compressed.

It's just hard humanity pulling its prick. It's fake
>>
>>18529883
Its just that all of technology to travel into space exists. Private corporations are doing it. Do you think their investors wouldn't catch onto a lie? Even an amateur could build a small rocket or balloon and reach the edge of space. Nuclear weapons use ICBM tech, missiles that literally go into space. All of this has unquestionably existed for decades and decades.

Why wouldnt governments and companies use that tech to actually go into space? No one ever woukd just be curious? Theyd all be down to just lie.forever and ever about it?

You cant see how ridiculous this seems?
>>
>>18529883
Also I think the true exploration should be the mind, we don't even understand consciousness, yet we want to travel space.

Again, we have wars, but we want to travel space. Get fucked.
>>
>>18529920
>But the second they go out of it, even if they can they would be crushed by the pressure, the spaceships would just get compressed.
I'm sorry anon but that's not accurate at all.
>>
>>18529951
>get fucked

of course /x/ isnt actually capable of any kind of discussion
>>
>>18529920
>I think they have put satellites in our atmosphere way up. But the second they go out of it, even if they can they would be crushed by the pressure, the spaceships would just get compressed.

Crushed by the pressure. In the vacuum of space. You need to pay more attention in school, mongoloid.
>>
>>18529840
Point well taken lol
>>
File: venus - orb.webm (731KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
venus - orb.webm
731KB, 720x576px
>>18529778
>What gives NASA the right to doctor or withhold information from us when they use our tax dollars to fund their operations.

Because their God demands it.
>>
>>18529869
This is a CGI.
>>
>>18529979
>This is a CG
No it isn't.

Besides, OP is claiming that NASA's pictures of Mars are monochrome, and they clearly aren't.
>>
Why is everyone on thisbboard fucking stupid ? I refuse the fact that I share an ancestry with you people.
NASA isbclearly fake cuz the earth is a hollow cube and not on top of a turtle but a baby otter is pulling it on a cart and stars you see are a trick made by Satan to think we are in space.
Duuuuuh idiots
>>
>>18529920
Science nigga. You need to learn it before you make an ass of your self.
>>
>>18529951
I agree with this, but also the jungles, ocean, and mountain forests, antartica. Plenty of places still on earth with untold answers. However, exploring space could help us to achieve those goals. Maybe not conciousness, but there are plenty of times in science doing one thing lead to the discovery of another.
>>
File: 1480319897006.jpg (48KB, 500x576px) Image search: [Google]
1480319897006.jpg
48KB, 500x576px
>>18530124
Kill yourself.
>>
>>18530775
No you
>>
>>18529883
>Yeah whats the point.

we are alone.
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 150x150px
>>18530775
Kill yourself
>>
>>18529778
You are right.
It's not like our moon is also monochrome or shit like that.
NASA is so much bullshit.
>>
anons! calm down! Both are wrong. Earth is just bigger, that's why some flatearth theories fit so well, thats it.
>>
NASA is ok. America's govermant is ok too, you can trust these guys, pizzagate is fake and moloch is the best religion so take off your tinfoil!
>>
>>18530110
>>18530771

>>18530816

Top kek
>>
Open your eyes nassa is the government and the government does nothing but lie to us no one knows what they're doing and every time the government speak to us just know that the line the same way the media is the powers-that-be that own the federal banks are the same cock suckers that own the media
>>
>>18529857
how can people deny the moon landing today? that conspiracy has been debunked so many ways. NASA released I think 10,000 previously unreleased photographs from the original moon landing mission last year. We have equipment on the moon and reflective objects that are visible from Earth with the right equipment. It happened. People are interested in space exploration. The only reason we haven't put a man on mars yet is because it's so much further away than the moon is. It would have taken decades to get there if we tried to go via the same method went to the moon. Things like the EM drive and alternatives are changing that though. I expect a man on mars in 10 years or less. Don't ever deny the moon landing in public for your own sake. It's gonna make you sounds like a paranoid idiot who doesn't know anything.
>>
What if i tell you... There are other space agencies?

Also im here only out of an couriosity to see how other boards looks like. Do you always use "if you belive this official information you are naive idiot" argument and nothing else? And answering to OP question, most of pictures are in colour, only early low quality photos are monochrome, since transmiting date over a great distance takes a lot of a time and energy. And cassini huygens mission is not a NASA mision. It's ESA mission.
>>
>>18530876
cassini is a nasa mission. huygens was an esa project that was done in tandem with nasa. and they are both real
>>
>>18530877
Well i was talking about a lander part of a mission. So yeah.
>>
File: mars color.jpg (233KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mars color.jpg
233KB, 1920x1200px
>These three versions of the same image taken by the Mast Camera (Mastcam) on NASA’s Mars rover Curiosity illustrate different choices that scientists can make in presenting the colors recorded by the camera. The left image is the raw, unprocessed color, as it is received directly from Mars (and as available on the MSL Raw Images Web site: http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/). The center rendering was produced after calibration of the image to show an estimate of “natural” color, or approximately what the colors would look like if we were to view the scene ourselves on Mars. The right image shows the result of then applying a processing method called white-balancing, which shows an estimate of the colors of the terrain as if illuminated under Earth-like, rather than Martian, lighting.
>>
File: Hillshade_v2.jpg (2MB, 2068x2922px) Image search: [Google]
Hillshade_v2.jpg
2MB, 2068x2922px
>>18529778
My dear fellow, it seems you may not be awfully familiar with remote sensing
Not all of the images produced use the visible bit of the electromagnetic spectrum

Huygens has a DISR (Descent Imager/Spectral Radiometer) capable of viewing 5 different spectral ranges in the upwards looking instrument and 4 in the downwards looking instrument.

Cassini has a Composite Infrared Specrometer, Imaging Science Subsystem (for visible, infrared and ultraviolet), and a radar system, which can be used to generate a digital elevation model

Some data analysis techniques, such as hillshade, will give you monochromatic images because they don't use visible light. Hillshade artificially illuminates a 3D digital elevation model to help with identifying features (pic related is a hillshade image of Mt Etna - as you can see, it highlights the parasitic cones and crater very well while not using any visible light). Of course, several datasets can be combined to generate false colour composites, but using pseudocolour isn't always better than greyscale

I don't really mind if this was bait, I quite enjoyed reading about the satellites
>>
File: 1483200688575.jpg (278KB, 960x641px) Image search: [Google]
1483200688575.jpg
278KB, 960x641px
>>18529778
Okay, I need help with this too. I've been wondering this, and please don't laugh.

If the sky is blue because it's reflecting the water below, why am I still able to see blue behind clouds? Or blue when it's not even sun up yet

Can I get some /x/ bro to help me out with this? I'm feeling lost right now. Seriously lost.
>>
File: 56b.jpg (249KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
56b.jpg
249KB, 800x533px
>Astrophysicist here
>Work with plethora of people from/ funded by NASA
>Literally just groups of scientists who want money to keep doing their research
>/x/ always thinks its a "secret government organization" but really its barely funded enough to do anything it wants to do
>"Trump's presidency is scaring the shit out of all the people funded to do climate research" is the biggest news, not some fucking conspiracy theory
>MFW

This is why no one takes you guys seriously. There are things that make sense to be covered up. Space explortation is not one of them.
>>
>>18530956
>If the sky is blue because it's reflecting the water below

This is wrong. The sky is blue due to Rayleigh scattering of gas in our atmosphere, preferentially scattering blue light. Our ocean could be orange and the sky would still be blue.
>>
>What gives NASA the right to doctor or withhold information from us when they use our tax dollars to fund their operations.
I thought we were miles ahead from understanding why people mislead others.
>>
>>18530966
Isn't it usually cause your facts disrupt my master plan.
>>
>>18530966
nigga its because people don't want their research stolen from them before publication which is of order ~1yr. Once published, all research is openly available to the public FOR FREE ONLINE. Imagine if you came up with a great invention and before you could patent it, some twat stole it and patented it himself. Seems like a good idea to protect your idea right?
ya'll dumb as fuck
>>
>>18530945
yeah thats a photoshopped image of arizona
>>
>>18530971
>>18530972
?_?
>>
>>18529920
>But the second they go out of it, even if they can they would be crushed by the pressure, the spaceships would just get compressed.

how the fuck do you not choke yourself on your toothbrush every morning
>>
>>18531001
Fortunely mechanical skills and mental imagery use different parts of the brain.

Or he'll stab his eye with a spoon on a daily basis.
>>
>>18530975
And you know this how?
>>
>>18529920
how do you tell your ass from your mouth with this degree of crippling retardation
>>
>>18529857
I wish I could say you are a rare kind of jackass. But the election happened and I see you're more common than I thought.
>>
>>18529979
AAHAHAHAHAAH

Back to the middle ages you tiny piece of shit.
>>
>>18531114
he's tiny?
>>
>>18530868
False blinnd fish. Its all swimmingpools and cgi
>>
>>18530963
Or vice versa, the sky is often red and that is not because of the water below turning red.
>>
>>18529979
Obviously cgi.
>>
>>18531121
no the sky is blue because when you're born here (here being hell) the first thing you see is the blue screen of death
>>
NASA is a government organization, which means compartmentalization. Take 20 monkeys, put them in separate rooms, and give them a "true" equation--in this case, the speed of light=x. "Space" can be created from that equation alone. For all of human history, light has thought to exist at a speed equal to infinity, which would make the stars a part of the firmament, and Earth as old as the legends of indigenous people around the globe say it is.
Confused as to why people would say "what's the point"?
If you believe the earth is a ball in infinite space, with no god, money becomes your purpose, all of life is filtered through the material, and your emotions can be manipulated.
If you believe the Earth is God's creation, and you are God's creation, then death becomes meaningless, Jesus's teachings to give up all worldly possessions become dangerous to the order (crucify him!), and our modern society would begin to come apart at the seems as TPTB attempt to keep the lie going.
So either think like every human being has thought for all of existence--or think like (((they))) have told you to think for the last 75 years or so, despite literally everything else they say (9/11, vaccines, GMOs, wars, elections, the media, public education, world history) being a complete lie.
"Yeah, all THAT stuff is a lie, but the earth... not muh precious earth!!!"
Fuck off. Grow up. Stop drinking tap water.
>>
>>18531154
>compartmentalization

This worked until someone invented going outside and talking to other people, all branches always spy on each other, and people always find out, specially if you are on the same field.

>Tap water can be terrible I'll give you that.
>>
>>18531265
It's not about "leaks", it's about the fact that 100s of people could think they're working on a space program, while doing calculus all day. The number of people that can 100% verify the earth as a globe is infinitesimal, and they all happen to be Masonic.
>>
>>18529778
>I lack any understanding of the factors involved in astronomical imaging in general and specifically regarding Nasa's spacecraft and refuse to find out anything about it. Instead I will be an intellectually lazy asshole and let my ignorance make up dumbass stories, then sit and smell my own farts while waiting for someone to educate me.
>>
>>18529857
I believe NASA is bullshit.
Literally just a front.

But there's a space program, no doubt about it.
They just don't tell us about that one.
>black budget projects

We've been to the moon.
Probably before they say we did.
Wouldn't be surprised if people are there right now.
.......but that moon landing footage is fake as fuck, OBVIOUSLY.
>>
>>18531309
There's this weird narrative about how the USSR were totally unable to get anywhere near the moon and the whole fake dead cosmonaut shit resurfacing where peeps claim the Soviets were going to send people up who couldn't return.

However, it is known that NASA is very blase about safety. Also that the dark side of the moon was photographed by Russian craft long before the US could get anywhere near. As such I wouldn't be surprised if there'd been some dudes sent up earlier who now dead.
>>
>>18530975
Alright then.

Go to that exact spot in Arizona and take a picture with a time stamp.
>>
>>18531298
>The number of people that can 100% verify the earth as a globe is infinitesimal, and they all happen to be Masonic.

On the contrary. Any person can verify the earth is a globe by making a few simple observations the ancient Greeks did. Very few of them Masons.
>>
>>18529778
>I find it hard to believe that Mars and Saturn's moon Titan are the monochrome colors that we're shown from NASA's probes.
what makes you believe that?

and why do you think that they do that?
do you have any evidence at all?

>>18529857
>I don't think anyone has been on the moon
here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXTF6bs1IU&t=2s
>>
People who have little basis for any opinions, getting this much attention. Kek.
>>
>>18529979
>computer generated imagery
This whole website is a CGI.
>>
>>18530816
>be stupid dumbfuck
>see pizzagate info pic
>it says something along the lines of "if you dont believe this just because alt-righties made this pic you are stupid t. alt-righty"
>think "ok it might be real im not stupid" because im deadly afraid of being proven wrong
>months later
>actually do research on it
>it wasn't something about a secret pedophilia ring
>it was something about pedophile acts being done in a pizza restaurant
>"well just because it sounds silly it doesn't mean tha-"
>mfw that """""evidence"""""
>mfw some people were actually convinced that it was evidence of anything
>mfw people where almost killed because a bunch of alt-righties wanted to tie liberals to pedophilia that badly
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>18531349
you should do that instead so i can verify it
>>
>>18530796
>>18530861
True
>>18531410
Shill or just dumb?
>>
>>18531354
>Any person can verify the earth is a globe by making a few simple observations the ancient Greeks did.

ok so do them
>>
>>18531817
I have. It's round.
>>
>>18531817
>>18531921
I also did a bunch as like a 6 year old.
>>
>>18531921
>>18531928

i think the guy was asking you to verify it personally for him though
>>
>>18531934
Alright then. I verify it. It's round.
>>
>>18531953
yeah but could you do the experiments for him and post pictures and video along with time-stamped documents?
>>
>>18531964
Oh he wants me to do his homework for him?

No, he'll have to do that himself.
>>
>>18531973
ok thats fair but you probably should at least link him to some experiments he can try himself
>>
>>18531921
>>18531928
>>18531953
>>18531973

100% shills
>>
>>18531990
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_Earth#Antiquity
>>
>>18532014
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_Earth#Antiquity

you did a circumnavigation when you were 6? i think he wanted to test the actual experiments you did
>>
>>18532044
Did you read? A circumnavigation is not required.

>experiments

If he can't even go outside and make the observations? How is he going to do any experiments? There's more than one way to skin a cat.
>>
>>18531410
Those emails were suspicious as fuck
>>
>>18532058
And it never leads to any curvature
>>
>>18532075
Nope, flat out lie.
>>
>>18529778
>thinking the biggest thing they're hiding is the color of a planet/moon
>>
>>18531079
You're referring to the majority of retards who voted for Hillary?
>>
>>18532159
>He still thinks Trump was the right decision

LOL, wonder how much longer you'll hold out.
>>
>>18532166
>wonder how much longer you'll hold out.
8 years
>>
>>18532174
I doubt 8 weeks.
>>
>>18532058
>If he can't even go outside and make the observations?

yeah but what observations? and what experiments?
>>
>>18532185
Well, for starters, the ones in the link you asked for.

Stars changing at different latitudes and different times of the year. The roundness of the earth's shadow on the moon despite the perspective of the viewer. The sun's light being parallel but casting shadows of different angles at the same time. Ships disappearing hull first on the horizon. Try reading once in awhile. You'll look less stupid.
>>
>>18532166
>>18532177
despite being a massive faggot with lame retorts, you're digits are impressive
>>
>>18532208
Oh stop being so pissy.
>>
>>18532191
there are no experiments in the wiki page also

>Ships disappearing hull first on the horizon.

is a myth
>>
>>18531815
obviously im a dumb fucktard like everyone who believes this shit
didn't you read my post?

>>18532074
>a
>fucking
>handkerchief
>""""""evidence""""""
>>
>>18530958
Well, Hoagland would say that most people at NASA do not know about the coverups. It's mostly higher up people, who have a couple people airbrush questionable things out. But I disagree. I think we have a secret space exploration program. Those black triangle UFOs? They don't fly crazy like saucers. They act like they're lighter than air. Which would be an easier way to get to space than some big dingus rocket blasting its way up there. Just float up most of the way and burn your way out of the atmosphere. They're mostly seen in the southwest as well. Not sure if I beleive the guy, but Gary McKinnon said he saw a list of non-terrestrial officers, and a list of ship transfers which didn't correspond to actual naval ships we have. We've probably got a DL space exploration program. NASA is a jobs program. Those climate research shits need to get another job. NASA is for fucking SPACE. Not earth. Their climate change research could be done elsewhere.
>>
>>18531114
It is a CGI though.
Mars is an orb of light not a solid planetoid.
>>
>>18532269
The problem wasn't the handkerchief, but the reaction.

In this very thread every NASA achievement and human knowledge since the renaissance, it's being actively denied.

But this tiny pizza shop had the might of the heavens to stop investigation.
>>
>>18532244
Have you never been on a boat? Now I kinda feel bad.
>>
>>18532297
pretty sure you haven't or you never paid a lot of attention to the horizon.
As soon as you zoom in with a telescope, all the shits that were supposedly behind the curve magically reappear.
There is no curve, just perspective in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql_TTguKxnE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfbvwqjITLg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBYg3u5c7og
>>
>>18532308
to be precise, it is the combined action of perspective + air density + light reflection on the water surface.
There is no curvature, Earth is flat.
>>
>>18532293
This.
>>
>>18531990
An easy one is to go climb a mountain with some binoculars. There'll be a point when nothing more obstructs your view (you're looking down on everything), but you'll still find you see further and further the higher up you go. Good places to do something like this are at a coast near another country (can you see Siberia from Alaska or France from Dover etc etc).

If you're lazy I guess an elevator and a tall building or something.
>>
>>18532244
Go do the observations. You want to do an experiment. Go to the beach. Watch the ships disappear hull first. If you're right it won't happen. If you're wrong it will.
>>
>>18532308
Go do the experiment. They do not comeback into view. This claim is a demonstrable lie.
>>
>>18532327
I just provided three video proving you wrong, here are a dozen more

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=flat+earth+sea+curvature
>>
File: FE - curvature - telescope.webm (1MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
FE - curvature - telescope.webm
1MB, 720x576px
>>18532327
video proof with a tanker boat, out of range for the naked eyes but still visible with a telescope.
>>
>>18532346
I thought you wanted to do an experiment, anon. Not watch stupid youtube videos. The videos DON'T prove me wrong.

The first is so stupid you should feel bad for me even need to explain it to you. He's not observing a ship on the horizon. All he's doing is filming a ship close to shore that's bobbing in the waves. This reminds me of the flat earther that thought he films a bird flying behind the sun.

The second, equally retarded video just has the guy zooming out so far that his shitty camera doesn't resolve the ship.

The third video actually demonstrates a ship, two ships in fact, disappearing hull first over the horizon. She does note, on this day in particular, there is a mirage. But it's not large enough to disappear the clear observation that the hull is disappearing first. And she never even challenges that fact.
Did you even watch this video?
>>
>>18532370
You can still see the little bump in the horizon where the tanker is, it's just a pixel or so tall.

Too many video games bro.
>>
File: boatshorizontelescoe.png (66KB, 906x448px) Image search: [Google]
boatshorizontelescoe.png
66KB, 906x448px
>>18532370
"Zooming in brings it back into view."

The argument is that zooming in would bring the hull that's disappeared below the horizon into view. This does not.

You guys don't even understand your own claims. Get your shit together.
>>
>>18532370
This is like literally the equivalent of "Mommy disappears when I cover my eyes during peakaboo, because I cannot see her anymore."
>>
>>18532396
This effect is minimal and doesnt match the math of the "curvature" go try it
>>
>>18532410
No, hulls disappearing on the horizon matches the math perfectly fine.

Go do it.
>>
>>18532410
>doesn't match the math

What do you think the math is? Because every time I see a flat earther bring up math they get it wrong. And this is just basic jr. high level trig.
>>
>>18532297
yea youre right i never used daddys trustfund to do a circumnavigation when i twas but a 6 year old
>>
>>18532426
Boat travel can be cheap bro. Hell, some people even get paid to go on them.
>>
File: FE - sea 5km no curve.webm (3MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
FE - sea 5km no curve.webm
3MB, 720x576px
>>18532396
>The argument is that zooming in would bring the hull that's disappeared below the horizon into view. This does not.
That depends of how far the object is, the reason behind isn't the curvature but the mirroring effect caused by the water plane (sea) and perspective.
This phenomenon is thoroughly explained in the videos I posted here
>>18532308
The thing is if you zoom into a very remote object on the sea you won't see it bent downward as you should on a sphere rather it will still be oriented upward but will look as if missing a part in the lower region or more exactly this region will look as if half of it was copy pasted on the other half. This is an optical effect caused by light reflection over the water surface however you can just prove the lack of curvature using less remote object to avoid this problem and that's exactly what I am doing here
Here we have a boat at a distance of 5km showing no trace of the 2m drop expected on the sphere proving once again that Earth is flat.

more on the melting effect of perspective:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za32.htm

>Before explaining the influence of perspective in causing-the hull of a ship to disappear first when outward bound, it is necessary to remove an error in its application, which artists and teachers have generally committed, and which if persisted in will not only prevent their giving, as it has hitherto done, absolutely correct representations of natural things, but also deprive them of the power to understand the cause of the lower part of any receding object disappearing to the eye before any higher portion--even though the surface on which it moves is admittedly and provably horizontal...
>>
File: lawsofperspective..png (181KB, 562x1105px) Image search: [Google]
lawsofperspective..png
181KB, 562x1105px
>>18532461
>this video is thoroughly explained

It's not explained whatsoever. There's not even an attempt to explain it.

>you won't see it bend down.

No, you will, at even short distances. The towers of the golden gate bridge are angled slightly away from each other, precisely due to the curvature.

It's not a difference you see with the naked eye, but it's measurable.

>the melting effect of perspective.

No, perspective does not make things "melt" or make parts of things disappear first.
>>
File: FE - sea distortion.webm (2MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
FE - sea distortion.webm
2MB, 720x576px
>>18532396
>The argument is that zooming in would bring the hull that's disappeared below the horizon into view. This does not.

watch carefully
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBYg3u5c7og
It explains and show that never is the missing hull "below" the horizon rather the object's total visible relative size doesn't change however the lower part, the hull of the boat, appears like melted.
In this short clip there are two great examples of that phenomenon, between the green line is the area of distortion and below the pink one is the mirroring effect. We can clearly see that none of these two boats is below the horizon but their hull seem blurry, melted by the mirroring effect of water and the distance.
>>
>>18532477
>It's not explained whatsoever. There's not even an attempt to explain it.
it is literally shown and explained. Do you want some pop corn with it?
You know that water reflects light or do you need a complete introduction on light?
>No, you will, at even short distances.
at 5km, you can't see a 2m drop on a small boat where you should on a sphere. No need for long distance observation to disprove the sphere.
see webm here for a definitive proof of lack of curvature
>>18532461
> The towers of the golden gate bridge are angled slightly away from each other, precisely due to the curvature.
No they aren't
>the melting effect of perspective.
Yes I proved you wrong again
read the theory here
http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za32.htm
and see observations here
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=flat+earth+sea+curvature
as well as attached webm
>>
>>18532431
im not your bro
>>
>>18532516
1. Reflection and refraction are two different phenomenon.

2. Refraction is an atmospheric phenomenon, not caused by the water. The water can cool the air, causing the refraction, but that's not what's happening here.

3. The video maker does not even appear to understand what refraction is. The "mirror layer" is caused by refraction.

4. Mirages such as these are, as stated, atmospheric. Meaning that if the mirage is obscuring the boat, you can come back on some other day when there is no mirage and clearly see the hull disappearing first. Pic related. The mirage is miniscule. The hull has clearly disappeared.

5. Even accounting for the mirage, there is not enough of a mirage to cover up the ship disappearing. You can see part of the ocean that is not a mirage. You can see the top of the mast that is not the mirage. There is not enough space between the two for the entire ship to be present. This is because the hull is below the horizon.

>Samuel Rowbotham

Not a credible source.

>muh videos

I'm not going to watch every video on youtube.

I clicked on the first one and the math was wrong right there in the description.
>>
>>18531298
put a stick in the ground. Have your buddy who lives a few latitudes directly north of you stick a stick in the ground. At noon (arbitrary so long as the sun is up) call 'em up and both of you measure the length of the shadow. Use basic trig and you'll get a value within 20% of the actual size of the spherical Earth
>>
>>18533598
At this point they just say that the sun's rays aren't parallel.

Of course there are other observations that prove that they are parallel, but it would take two independent trains of thought to work them out at the same time. Something they're not really capable of.
>>
>>18529778
You do understand that we don't have the technology to photograph distant planets with accuracy, and most photos are colourized from black and white

You fucking idiot. Most of them ate just rocks anyway what colour u want em to be
>>
File: hubble mars.jpg (971KB, 3000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
hubble mars.jpg
971KB, 3000x2400px
>>18529869

how about a real picture of mars for once?
>>
>>18533639
>real picture of mars
>all those giant letters and arrows in English just floating around in space

yeah, right
>>
>>18533639
Uh, those are both photos of Mars, anon.
>>
>>18529778

Nothing gives them the right, but what are you going to do about it exactly?
>>
>>18530956
>sky is blue because it's reflecting water

Nigga you what
>>
>>18529778
Do something about it. Better than wasting your time bitching here on a sub board on 4chan. If you don't want to get up off your ass and find the truth, just make a petition like all the other lazy fucks out there who think getting the right shit done can be accomplished behind a computer screen.
>>
>>18529857

No humans have claimed to be on Mars except nutcases like you.
>>
>>18532296
No its not suspecious
Take your meds
>>
File: 1420790952314.gif (1MB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1420790952314.gif
1MB, 300x188px
>>18530124
>>
>>18529857
I don't understand how people think like this. Have you done the least bit of research as to why there was a space race in the 60's to begin with? The race to the moon was just a dick measuring contest between the u.s and u.s.s.r as a proxy to show each other that they both had the capabilities to launch nuclear icbms and thus prolong the cold war. Even if the u.s faked the moon landing, it would've been scrutinized to death by the soviets and red china, and there would've been no reason for them to help cover it up.

>Tl;dr people who say the moon landing was faked have little understanding if the geopolitics of the time.
>>
>>18529857
Have you ever thought it could be a cover because we've gone way past Mars and beyond?
>>
>>18533901
I know who that is, and tell them that's not what I meant. I need to go take a shower to wash off the filth of this board before I catch something from you muck rolling insanity farm-ring flesh robots.
>>
>>18534422
Your numerals have aligned with the light of truth you shine upon this obvious but still irritating set up of a clusterfuck of a conversation.
>>
>>18529857
Only Space Aliens can go into Space, right?!
>>
>>18536343
Yes a lies and space are a match
>>
>>18536494
NASA: Never a straight answer.
>>
>>18536535
I like how people make these jokes, but are never able to demonstrate that NASA has lied about anything.
>>
>>18529951
>Get fucked.
Good advice, man. That's way better use of my time and attention than reading to these same old bullshit arguments from people that would never talk to each other like this face to face. Instead of becoming more bitter and angry, I can relax and connect with another person or people and be more peaceful and happier for it. I'm going to turn off my computer and do that now.
>>
>>18529951
Can't we do both?!
>>
>>18529920
>crushed by the pressure
So do you think that space is an ocean?
>>
>>18530963
I've seen some weird ocean colors. Green is very common around northern coasts. Everyone's seen the tropical blue, but once you're out there far enough, it's an incredible deep blue. I've seen pale, opaque, turquoise water close to Iceland, weirdest shit ever and for some reason I never took a picture. Deep brown from sediment, down south.

Biggest spoops I ever had out at sea was when I was in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle not long after El Faro went down. We weren't far from the site, either. I found this in webm form on my laptop, late at night, at about 11 PM. Got chills and went outside for a smoke, and just stared at the pitch-black water going by, wondering what was down there and thinking about how there's only a few inches of steel and a few miles of water between it and me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrSu65Bb9X4
>>
>>18532177
kek has spoken
>>
>>18532548
>im not your bro
it's im not your bro, pal. fucking newfags
>>
File: 1450050463467.jpg (452KB, 893x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1450050463467.jpg
452KB, 893x1035px
>>18529951
Ask an anon that has opened his third eye anything.
>>
File: MOM3.jpg (46KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
MOM3.jpg
46KB, 800x445px
>>18533639
you mean like this one.

i await for someone to say shoped!

now this is something (((they))) dont want you to see
>>
File: ss (2017-01-06 at 12.00.42).png (201KB, 338x314px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-01-06 at 12.00.42).png
201KB, 338x314px
>>18529778
>>18529979
>>18530124
Flat Mars. Flat Moon. Flat Sun. The Greek gods did a lol xd compilation on us all.
>>
>>18537033
he didn't say it was flat, he was suggesting the images are bullshit and they are

THIS--->>18536984 is what mars looks like.
>>
>>18529778
Fake and gay
>>
>>18536915
wasnt trying to meme, pal
>>
Anyone else remember getting taught in elementary or middle school that Mars was the same size as the earth and the two of them were called "sister planets" or something? I might be confusing Mars with Venus or something.

And no, I'm not trying to suggest the cause is the mandingo effect or anything, I know lots of shit I learned in my early school years was probably true. I'm just curious how widespread the misinformation was.
>>
>>18537101
Yes this was taught to me as well I thought that's why we will terraform mars
>>
>>18537101
>>18537126
You two are thinking of Venus
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.