[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To live fully in soul, man must have love; and love is denied

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 19

File: EP_sogr_book[1].png (237KB, 441x580px) Image search: [Google]
EP_sogr_book[1].png
237KB, 441x580px
To live fully in soul, man must have love; and love is denied expression by poverty.
A man's highest happiness is found in the bestowal of benefits on those he loves; love finds its most natural and spontaneous expression in giving. The man who has nothing to give cannot fill his place as a husband or father, as a citizen, or as a man. It is in the use of material things that a man finds full life for his body, develops his mind, and unfolds his soul. It is therefore of supreme importance to him that he should be rich.

>this triggers the special wizard
>>
>>18528149
I know what, right does it matter if a Gypsy has magic spells if she has to live a long life of poverty. You know she can never be happy with her busted rotten teeth and one eye.

As a person who is a lazy and earned nothing himself, I must say that being rich is really nice. Like it is like automatic happiness. Nothing brings content to the mind like going into your ultra modern and spacious house filled with all the top-of-the-line latest technology. Anyone who I invite over to see the house is in instant awe.
Just sayin'.
>>
>>18528149
Also, 50% of divorces cite financial reasons as one of the main factors for separation.

A jobless man with no ambition living off his significant others paychecks is soon to be a single man.
>>
File: MaslowsHierarchyOfNeeds.svg.png (17KB, 450x318px) Image search: [Google]
MaslowsHierarchyOfNeeds.svg.png
17KB, 450x318px
>>18528190
And I got lasik surgery. No more glasses. Sounds simple but it is one of the greatest freedoms of life. Highly recommend. 10/10.

New car? The new car happiness lasts for a very long time. I am still happy with that one. I love my car the same as when I got it new.

New PC. So many laptops and extra external harddrive. I have my Xbox and Ps4 that I never even use. Having a slow PC is such a preventable handicap.

As opposed to my friends who live in filthy apartments and couples living in normal sized standard homes, not being poor and not having to live paycheck to paycheck makes life nearly stress-free. I don't worry about shit.

It is like I live at the top of Maslows pyramid. Other people live their lives at the very bottom.
>>
where's all the special majick wizards and christians that usually preach about how homelessness and poverty is good because god wills it?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>>18528250
Who can argue that the person living in that super fancy house isn't living better than their hobo counterparts. It is super easy to say one is happy or not happy. But it is not easy to walk away and not choose massive wealth if given the opportunity. What would you do with new found wealth? How much free time would you have to pursue your dreams and things you always wanted to do in life. You get invisalign and get perfect teeth. You make friends so easily, people are just nice to you. You already have that gym membership but not you can buy that buff-ass personal trainer. You get to have a great wardrobe, you get to dress how you always wanted to look.
It is one of the things people know is true but they just don't say it, being the opposite of poor is being happy, given you're not a mental case retard.
>>
File: index.jpg (11KB, 369x136px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11KB, 369x136px
>>18528268
>where's all the special majick wizards and christians that usually preach about how homelessness and poverty is good because god wills it?

It is part of the wonderful religion, powerful Jews who are filthy disgustingly rich preach and encourage that so people will get off their backs.
As a matter of fact, they even encourage forgiveness. You can cut them up and rob them and they are to forgive you and feel good about it. Imagine an entire population and nation of this. It makes it super easy and safe for the intelligent and monetarily blessed to live side-by-side amongst the would be slaves, the willful ignorant.
>>
File: special wizard.jpg (52KB, 600x836px) Image search: [Google]
special wizard.jpg
52KB, 600x836px
>>>18528294
>It is one of the things people know is true but they just don't say it, being the opposite of poor is being happy, given you're not a mental case retard.

remember, were on /x/ and this is what the mods look like
>>
>>18528190

Let me be the first on /x/ to congratulate you Mr President Elect
>>
File: shoe-collection.jpg (101KB, 630x558px) Image search: [Google]
shoe-collection.jpg
101KB, 630x558px
There are a lot of things that you can own and collect if you are not poor.

In fact it would be downright stupid to have a massive expensive sneaker collection if you lived in a 1 bedroom shit hole.

If your sink breaks and leaks, a quick call to plumber, fixed. Auto problems, a call to dealer, free loaner, problem insta-solved. People with fat bank account and emergency funds accruing no interest really have nothing to worry about. Nearly everything can be solved professionally by someone else for you.

That fat hanging off your gut that you just can't seem to lose? Liposuction! Yes that is something that rich people regularly do. They even give you a big prescription to some super feel good pain pills. That is a rich person luxury, the doctor hooks you up.

Having a 2nd home, multiple vacations a year. Your Facebook is just insane with pictures to drive your poor less successful highschool friends into depression.

No one really is able to brag about being rich or being happy, especially not in person, (unless they want to get their face punched in.) But guess what, those people still exist! There are 50 states in the USA, residing are 10,000,000 people who are millionaires.
>>
>>18528149
What a load. Those with the least to give, give the most a homeless man shares his blanket he has given you his most prized possetion to share, a wealthy man gives you 10,000 dollars he gave you but a fraction of his wealth and did not truly experience the joy of giving, true wealth surpasses the physical realm, to give love is the most a man can give and to receive it is the ultimate gift

Have fun standing on everyone and abandoning love for the material
/thread
>>
>>18528387

love is impossible without money

but i suspect by your writing style that you are either a woman that is supported financially by a man or a very feminine new age homosexual
>>
>>18528387
Pro-tip, rich people could solve the worlds problems but they don't They only give and donate to make themselves feel goods and to look good infront of others.
/me
>>
>>18528398
I wouldn't knock on his beliefs especially if he were honest. That sort of thing is what we rich people want the majority to believe in. Their own poverty is their fault, they need to bake in it and never escape it.
Contradictory, I know many rich old guys who are mega Christians, you know they are the most evil sinners, they probably committed murders and stole everything they own, that is why they are so openly thankful and Christian. They are really thankful they got away with all the crime they did.
>>
>>18528410

what about poor people that know the truth but are poor anyways?
>>
File: lottery.png.jpg (56KB, 480x468px) Image search: [Google]
lottery.png.jpg
56KB, 480x468px
>>18528412
Take all the money away from a rich man and he will eventually be rich again, give all the money to a poor man and he will only end up poor again.

"Why do 70 percent of lottery winners end up bankrupt? | cleveland.com"

It is a matter of intelligence. Some people have the common sense to work hard, spend wisely, and to save. Some people just wait and wait in poverty because they think they will magically get rich one day, because they believe in the magic of their Religion.
>>
>>18528398
No and no.
I quite literally a man from the mountains, lived in a caravan at the base of three mountains from the age of 1-16 didn't know of electricity until I was 6 or 7. I can quite happily catch and prepare all my own food, I've no need for money other than that imposed on me by the reigning governments. And I have the skill to fix any problem I have encountered on my own, I can loose any weight I feel because I am fit and healthy, I am highly respected by everyone I meet because I am honest and expect nothing in return for my service, even someone thanking me is more that I expect so even the slights gratitude is more wealth than you could ever know. My love is unconditional and as such I am hurt by the actions of none except those who seek to take happiness and love from others. The rich can never know the joy of my life for you could not survive on your own, true happyness is within, and can not be bought, you mistake glutony and greed for happyness and love
>>
File: Race_IQ_Sketch_OrderFlipped.png (60KB, 928x571px) Image search: [Google]
Race_IQ_Sketch_OrderFlipped.png
60KB, 928x571px
>>18528412
The thing is, if a person was unhappy before they won the lottery, they will still be unhappy after being rich. You can't help stupid.

"Almost 80 percent of National Football League players are flirting with bankruptcy two years after they retire, according to Sports Illustrated. NBA players aren’t faring much better. 60 percent of former National Basketball Association players end up broke within five years of retirement. Athletes squander millions of dollars due to bad decisions, lavish spending and poor financial planning"
>>
>>18528427

holy fucking shit that picture

she's got to fucking know what she did wrong at that point, right?
>>
>>18528433
If anything, a persons ability to be happy in their own born intelligence. If a smart person willfully tried to live in poverty, then certainly they could do it successfully and be happy.
While there are many spoiled kids who have rich parents and have all sorts of mental disorders.
Your anecdote cannot make broad generalization and stereotypes. In fact, judging others based on no facts or information the way you are is blatantly wrong.
>>
>>18528453
I know you can't get monitary wealth without walking on people, disregarding their halpyness, and diminishing their monetary wealth, tell me again how that is not greed?
I know those with great monitary wealth will buy anything and everything that even slightly Peake's their interest, or even at times peaks someone else's interests, tell me again how this is not gluttony?

You may have the cascade of halpyness but the true meaning and true feeling shall always illude you, as the material drags you further toward the material.
The blind leading the blind.

Also how can you say those in poverty can't be Happy without it being a broader generalization than mine? A tad hypocritical I dare say
>>
>>18528149
>being this disillusioned and brainwashed by the status quo
Enjoy chasing the dragon with your bullshit perspective and see where it leads you
>>
>>18528433
I hate to see that more and more people are denying the truth in what you say.
People with money will say it's just a poor man's excuse, but they just don't like the fact that they can't buy everything.
>>
>>18528503
>People with money will say it's just a poor man's excuse, but they just don't like the fact that they can't buy everything.

That is silly, again you stereotype and generalize. You act as if all rich people were bad and greedy, but that is only a small portion of them, as with any class. People are not identical. Humans are not biologically and mentally the same. Some poor people are saints and are happy, while some poor are wretched criminals. The exact same thing can be said for the rich.
People always downplay the relevance of the IQ test but it is very accurate in its prediction of a large group.
>>
>>18528503
I don't blame them.
You can't blame the product for its creation. They can only know what they are told, and those with material wealth are told it is all they need. It is all they know and all they will be aloud to o know by their peirs.
Wealth is a form of segregation, which is why you'll never see a rich person anywhere near a middle class or lower.
Just another way to stop unity and slow our evolution so that we may not realise our potential.
>>
>>18528555
My trips.

Anyways, emotions such as happiness can be subjective. A handicapped person who cannot remember who their family is can be happy all day. Ignorant bliss. That doesn't mean he has the secret to happiness. Happiness has to come from the individual, from within. Some find it in love, others in work, achieving their goals. You have to be happy first before you seek wealth. Poverty is the main driving force for change, you work hard your whole life just so you can pass on something to your children to they have a better life, well it is for non-black people.
>>
>>18528555
Right so why don't the rich use their wealth to help end suffering? Especially the suffering that is direct result of the gain of that wealth? Donating a bit of money here and there to research in a doomed field is not helping anyone but other rich people and creating a tax write off for yourself. No rich person uses their money for a just cause otherwise there would be no poverty and segregation. But hey who would dobyoyr workbif you didn't gave people you could pay minimum wage to do things you see as below you
>>
>>18528584

uh huh

how do you explain white trash?
>>
>>18528596
You don't mind any distinction between types of wealth. What you are referring to is the top 1%. The Billionaires have the absolute power to change laws and make social change. The rest of the rich are just people like me and you.
I highly recommend you take a couple of hours and watch some Milton Friedman videos on youtube, economics 101. Once a person is educated, their views tend to change from democrat liberal to republican libertarian.
>>
>>18528603
>how do you explain white trash?
At the bottom of the IQ bell curve is the deviation for the worst of the worst. Trailer trash people tend to be very stupid. The smart ones dig their way out and become self sustainable, the rest enjoy living on free government subsidies. Why work at all when you can get everything for free from big government.
>>
File: ExplosiveFeels.jpg (444KB, 957x1118px) Image search: [Google]
ExplosiveFeels.jpg
444KB, 957x1118px
You can't buy happiness but you can buy things that will make you happy, a mere empty imitation of true emotion is better than not having either.
[spoiler]>trust me I'm a sage[spoiler]
>>
OP here, I didnt mean for /pol/ to hijack this thread

mods go ahead and delete
>>
>>18528596
>Right so why don't the rich use their wealth to help end suffering?
Well, just sayin, I think if you were to become rich, you would be happy. At least happier in life. You would worry less about some things. You still have normal people problems. Family drama, gossipy friends, late for work.
And if you giving heaps of your monies to strangers makes you happy? Do it! You want to try to multiply your monies through investment and job creation? Do it! You want to fund lobbyist to raise taxes for people with jobs? Do it! You need to do what makes you happy, instead of judging others for being happy.
>>
>>18528622
I dispise all political views I don't believe man is fit to lead himself. I am neither lib, repub, dem, Commy none of it, I believe in a natural order and all forms of material wealth are attempts to counter that, because man fears his dimise so he synthisises power by accumulating physical possessions instead of bettering his being. I know many bussines owners, yes small bussines and I intend to start my own, none are wealthy by any means, you can not earn wealth by helping your community, you can only have it by taking from your community. Wealth causes poverty, look at third world nations, they were perfectly fin until the western world come through with its delusions of gander and told the indiginious people that their way of life is shit because they don't rely on currency, wenbougjt with us diseases, chemical compounds that theybhad never encountered and garbage to fill their land and we produced poverty for them, before money poverty didn't exist, because it couldn't. If you see yourself as wealthy you are a cause of poverty simply because you allow it.

Even without being the 1percent IG you had even jut 1 mill you could start q school for under priviladged kids in a third world nation that you are indirectly responsible for destroying, you could start a homeless shelter to feed those who can not feed themselves, but no that sports car looks good in my garage, that lawn won't maintain itself, that pool won't clean itself, that other property looks nice I think I need it all. Fuck everyone else because they chose poverty... Right?
>>
>>18528662
>To live fully in soul, man must have love; and love is denied expression by poverty.
>A man's highest happiness is found in the bestowal of benefits on those he loves; love finds its most natural and spontaneous expression in giving. The man who has nothing to give cannot fill his place as a husband or father, as a citizen, or as a man. It is in the use of material things that a man finds full life for his body, develops his mind, and unfolds his soul. It is therefore of supreme importance to him that he should be rich.

No way , this is totally /x/. What you say has truth to it. Even though it is not an absolute, to find love, personal wealth can do a lot to achieve it. On the otherside, people with nothing can be happy as long as they have each also. But having little or nothing also comes with many unforeseen burdens. How does it feel to see your loved one starving? Don't they deserve better? They need you to get a job and live the real American dream, not demand gifts from government that comes from taxing your hard-working neighbors.
>>
>>18528692
>I dispise all political views
I gtg so I don't have time to satisfactorily answer all your concerns, but you sound like a Marxist or a Nihilist? The true form of communism has no currency, just the value of people in the amount who contributes most to their community. Due to sheer fact that power corrupts, all government is inherently evil, it is to serve the people but they end up only serving themselves at the cost of the people.

>I know many bussines owners, yes small bussines and I intend to start my own, none are wealthy by any means, you can not earn wealth by helping your community, you can only have it by taking from your community.
This is incorrect. A business is a thing that makes money, profit, it pays some of its profit to its employees, in turn their employees spend that money. They are all tax and that tax is used for public services. The community overall grows and prospers because of this.

>Wealth causes poverty, look at third world nations, they were perfectly fin until the western world come through with its delusions of gander
Before the industrial age, most parts of the world had very bad living conditions compared to today. Disease, no indoor plumbing. Low average life-span. Even the streets of New York was littered with horse poo. You believe that if all humans lived like animals there would be no such thing as low standards of living, that is wrong.

>school for under priviladged kids in a third world nation that you are indirectly responsible for destroying, you could start a homeless shelter

You can do that yourself. Infact, the US and many US based charities do this on the annual basis, spending billions on helping the impoverished. You can't help those that don't want to help themselves.

>but no that sports car looks good in my garage, that lawn won't maintain itself, that pool won't clean itself, that other property looks nice I think I need it all.
I have no idea your point here.
>>
>>18528749
I don't even know what a Marxist is, but as I said I follow no political views. Man is not fit to lead himself, which you seem to agree

>This is incorrect. A business is a thing that makes money, profit, it pays some of its profit to its employees, in turn their employees spend that money. They are all tax and that tax is used for public services. The community overall grows and prospers because of this.
Yes I agree, you seemed to have missed the point, the business owners are not wealthy, because they help their community, instead of treating ever customer as a number, small business will never generate large wealth, because they give back to the community the live in. Where as large bussines pays a small fraction of its profit to its workers and siphones the rest of the moneybout to CEOs who have likely never been to the towns their franchises operate it leaving a large percentage ofgtge wealth being taken from communities not put into. That's an undeniable fact. Here in Australia their are two major supermarkets that have their hand in nearly every other franchise you come across here, the leading one 1/3 of all money spent in Australia is in it or one of the many franchises it owns, it active rips of farmers to the point 90% of dairy farmers have gone out of bussines because the franchise sets prices meaning they can demand what ever they want leaving many earning less than it cost to produce. Tell me how that is not the wealthy directly cause suffering and in many cases pushing people to suicide, but if you were to meet one of these ceos they would seb themselves as god because they have the money to walk on whomso ever they wish without consequence, the same thing is happening in all industries, and it is only to further the gap between the richxand poor. Rich are selfish

>cont
>>
>cont

>you believe that if all humans lived like animals there would be no such thing as low standards of living, that is wrong
Again you miss my point, I won't go to far into this because I know you will not believe me, but modern man is millions of years old, think about it, we have organs the have become redundant andblitterally serve no function in our bodies anymore, and your telling me they just stopped doing anything somewhere between now and 10,000 years ago? We've been drinking alcohol longer than we have not been eating a largely negative diet, how come our livers have not grown to process it more efficiently. We have seen no evolutionary development in the last few thousand years, and yet we are to believe in a few thousand years we evolved enough to form societies make tools and language?. During the crusades and the Spanish revolution and Hitlers reign over the Nazi party a very large portion of our history was destroyed by burning books and civilizations. It thinking like yours that keeps us going round and round.

>
You can do that yourself. Infact, the US and many US based charities do this on the annual basis, spending billions on helping the impoverished. You can't help those that don't want to help themselves.
That's because it is set up to be doomed to fail, most money spent on combating poverty ends up back where it started, you have to pay someone to coordinate these funds, you have to pay someone to distribute these funds you have to pay someone to build these facilities you have to pay someone to maintain these facilities, you have to pay someone to man these facilities, very little of the money goes to actually helping people its just made to lookblike it does so chumps like me can donate and the money can end up in the pockets of a franchise again. You can fight result of wealth by throwing money at it, you must take action yourself or the problem perpetuates.

>I have no idea your point here.

Then I pitty, I truly do
>>
>>18528903
> the business owners are not wealthy, because they help their community,
Business owners are only in the business to make money. Period. Otherwise why do it, they must succeed or go broke.
> instead of treating ever customer as a number, small business will never generate large wealth, because they give back to the community the live in.
I don't know what you mean, you need to cite some references, business start small, once they accumulate capital they can grow to create more profit. More money for everyone. The city or town is worth more than it was before.

>Where as large bussines pays a small fraction of its profit to its workers and siphones the rest of the moneybout to CEOs
I agree man. CEOs of the Forbes500 need to be dragged into the street and shot. They destroy companies and peoples lives while getting 100 million dollars in severance package. It is BS.

>Here in Australia their are two major supermarkets
USA also has an oligarch of companies that own each specific markets

>it active rips of farmers to the point 90% of dairy farmers have gone out of bussines because the franchise sets prices meaning they can demand what ever they want leaving many earning less than it cost to produce.
There is a law of supply and demand, a ripoff will only last for a short time before the freemarket forces it back into order. No one really gets ripped off except when the government interferes. A transaction only happens if both parties agree. Anti-Trust laws make monopoly tactics criminal.

>Tell me how that is not the wealthy directly cause suffering and in many cases pushing people to suicide,
That is a bit of an extreme assumption. Your use of describing the wealthy is too value. The top 1% are just pure evil, but no one makes another kill themselves.
>but if you were to meet one of these ceos they would seb themselves as god
I think Hollywood celebrities fit this description, they commit crime and molest children and get away with it.
>>
>>18528909
>cont
You seem like a really smart guy, you would very much benefit from some reading. It is all free on the internet. I recommend basic college economics, you will become a better person, and aside from the increase of personal happiness, your self-education and knowledge can make a difference in the world, to make it a better world.
>>
>>18528149
>implying I don't want to be just well off, not rich
>>
>>18528909
> cont
here are some fun easy to watch videos that are relevant to your arguments, I think there is a reference to Carl Marx there. If you have time, you will like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0CTHVCkm90
>>
>>18529033
Everyone wants to be well-off!

Just being richer is better. You can have more options and possibilities.
>>
>>18529039
No. I don't want to be a billionare, I'm content with a simple lifestyle where I'm still relatively in control of where I live, and what I do. I don't need 'riches' to do this. Not sure if too many people do.
>>
>>18529008
I'm on a phone, and I'm rather slack to keep going but I see we stand rather close in terms of our argument and come form different ranks in society which is the main difference in our view. When I speak of wealthy people I speak of those who live in mansions and segrigate themselves from anyone without a matching bank account, and I do make some rather big generalisations, and I don't mean to imply wealthy people can not be happy period, just that the majority miss true happiness because of superficial and material things.

Was an enjoyable debate, and I may just look more into economics
>>
>>18529047
Good for you!
More people should be like you imo.
I want to be a billionaire. My happiness would go through the roof. I would destroy all my enemies first thing.
Then I was finance some studies and companies to come up with a cure for Herpes Simplex, uh, no particular reason, I just want to help make the world a better place .
>>
>>18528909
but modern man is millions of years old, think about it, we have organs the have become redundant andblitterally serve no function in our bodies anymore, and your telling me they just stopped doing anything somewhere between now and 10,000 years ago? We've been drinking alcohol longer than we have not been eating a largely negative diet, how come our livers have not grown to process it more efficiently. We have seen no evolutionary development in the last few thousand years, and yet we are to believe in a few thousand years we evolved enough to form societies make tools and language?. During the crusades and the Spanish revolution and Hitlers reign over the Nazi party a very large portion of our history was destroyed by burning books and civilizations. It thinking like yours that keeps us going round and round.

I think a short video can say more than I can in a paragraph regarding human history
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czgOWmtGVGs

> most money spent on combating poverty ends up back where it started, you have to pay someone to coordinate these funds, you have to pay someone to distribute these funds you have to pay someone to build these facilities you have to pay someone to maintain these facilities, you have to pay someone to man these facilities, very little of the money goes to actually helping people its just made to lookblike it does so chumps like me can donate and the money can end up in the pockets of a franchise again.

You nailed it! That is 100% absolute truth. What you just described is the US government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWsx1X8PV_A
>>
>>18528149
>>this triggers the special wizard
>>18528347
>remember, were on /x/ and this is what the mods look like
lol that picture of the wizard
>>
File: index.jpg (12KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12KB, 214x235px
The magic fortune and wealth spell is the best magic of all.
>>
this is a really good read
>>
>>18528149
>love finds its most natural and spontaneous expression in giving
cancer to little kids
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (313KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
313KB, 1920x1080px
>>18531125

Nothing high grade US medication and preventative treatments can't fix. That will be $15,000.00 dollars please. Oh you don't have any monies? Sucks to be you, I mean it sucks that your kids have such lazy and poor parents.
>>
>>18528149
How does that book work OP? Do I just visualize myself being rich and keep repeating to myself that I will be rich over and over?
What other tricks do I need to achieve this? I want it badly! I have a bad toothache and I need to have that fixed soon, please help me.
>>
File: 51SgT4ChgWL.jpg (40KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
51SgT4ChgWL.jpg
40KB, 350x500px
To first be rich, you have to great.
>>
>>18533919
I tell ya what, it is great to be rich! The world is just, everything is perfect the way it is.
>>
ok can i have one million dollars i promise i wont spend it all on cocaine
>>
File: celebrity-cocaine-use-hollywood.png (360KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
celebrity-cocaine-use-hollywood.png
360KB, 636x358px
>>18534594
>cocaine
Omg have you ever done cocaine? It is pure happiness in powder form! So good!
It use to be legal and available in drugstores across America. Now only available to the rich and famous.
>>
>>18528149
I find this to be obnoxious meaningless bullshit, and I'm a staunch skeptic/non-believer.

For one thing, it's really trying to sell you really hard on why it's good to want to be rich. It should be obvious that having money means you don't have to worry about surviving. But the thesis is that you're not even a human being unless you pursue being 'rich'. Meanwhile, a guy making minimum wage in the US is literally in the top 5% of the entire world. Sure, there's a significant drop off below the top 1% but in order to be a billionaire it's necessary to collude with politicians and war mongers to fix the marketplace in order that you can accumulate more wealth.
>>
>>18528149
Oldfag long time mystic here. Absolutely right.
>>
>>18528190
Anyone who says that money can't bring happiness should try a really good Fender Strat.
>>
>>18528250
Do want. No arguments here. As long as there's still room for the spiritual.
>>
>>18534613
>Meanwhile, a guy making minimum wage in the US is literally in the top 5% of the entire world.
Lol brilliant observation.
That is very true. The average American, even the poorest Americans, are still by far wealthier than most people of other countries.
Even today the average America has a superior standard of life than those of ancient Kings, who had no indoor plumbing or access common drugstore medication.
What that brings up is that it is indeed mental and subjective to the eye of the beholder.
Sweden, Japan, Norway, South Korea, have young adults that commit suicide. Yes they may be failures compared their peers, but they are still lightyears better and more intelligent than most people of the world, it is because they are not able to keep up with their peers that they feel unhappy and hopeless, they have no real objective viewpoint to see how not bad, life is. They only make 40k a year instead of 150k and they kill themselves.
Where as in America, African-Americans have the highest self-esteem in personality tests at the same time the lowest tested IQ score, and they have the lowest rates of suicide among all races. They get everything handed to them for free yet they are angry because that is not enough, they want it all.
>>
File: happiness-graph-2.jpg (91KB, 977x662px) Image search: [Google]
happiness-graph-2.jpg
91KB, 977x662px
>>18528387
>What a load. Those with the least to give, give the most a homeless man shares his blanket he has given you his most prized possetion to share, a wealthy man gives you 10,000 dollars he gave you but a fraction of his wealth and did not truly experience the joy of giving, true wealth surpasses the physical realm, to give love is the most a man can give and to receive it is the ultimate gift
>Have fun standing on everyone and abandoning love for the material
>/thread

You can keep your stinky blanket, I'll take the 10grand plz. 99% of humans get and give love in some form in one way or another, but barely does any scratch the longterm happiness factor.
>>
>>18528503
Most rich peoples arent happy, they mad becuse they can't buy happyness that I have and I not even that rich. Plus I dont want to be rich becuse most of the time they get depressed because of the problems it brings. The secret to happy is setting goals and having friends and family and faith in the lord that all you need, that why most rich peoples fail at life to.
>>
>>18528427
>the common sense to work hard, spend wisely, and to save

Come back when you get rich doing that. I'll wait.

Having money is cool and all, but that's not how you get significant quantities of it.
>>
>>18528370
gg
>>
>>18535472
gg stands for "good game"? or gotta-go? wat?
>>
>>18528149
>Uses an alias that is a word play on wallet

Need more red flags?
>>
>>18537276
lol good eye, nice catch
>>
>>18537469
D. Wattles = Deep Wallets even

Thanks
>>
File: magic_money[1].jpg (44KB, 425x320px) Image search: [Google]
magic_money[1].jpg
44KB, 425x320px
Money opens a lot of doors. Think about it in terms of "timelines". If you have a lot of money , you can "buy" different timelines that are better than yours. A lot of timelines are expensive, but there are others which are absolutely free.

Having money means you don't have to make an effort trying to find out those cheap timelines , which I don't know if it is a good or a bad thing. I believe working through obstacles is what helps people improve. If you're a rich spoiled brat, you have never been hungry, you have never been cold, you have never learned how to haggle. if you have money , it becomes your source of power. Instead of gaining personal power, you use the power others have created for themselves.

Is that good? Maybe. As long as you have enough power without money, I would say it is fine. The problem is that most people with money are absolutely useless if they don't have it.
>>
File: 1483745127849.gif (213KB, 250x263px) Image search: [Google]
1483745127849.gif
213KB, 250x263px
>>18528250
Maslow kek

16 year old business student tier
>>
>>18537711
that last statement wow.

>most people with money are useless without it.
>>
>>18528149
Money can't buy happiness
>>
Rich kids, learn that money can't buy LOYALTY

Which is something more important than love, happiness, or any of those feel good stuff
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.