[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SCI-FI/Horror/Mystery Movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: sci-fi-32.jpg (38KB, 590x290px) Image search: [Google]
sci-fi-32.jpg
38KB, 590x290px
well title says it all can you guys recommend some good scifi or horror flicks ? i'll try to write the majority of what i've seen off the top of my head.

>Alien Series
>Pandorum
>Event Horizon
>Mist
>The Descent
>Ring 1-2
>Sunshine
>Moon
>2001 and 2010
>Sphere
>Europa Report
>Coherence
>Basically half the shaky cam shit thats out there like Grave Encounters n REC n whatnot most are shit tho.
>A Scanner Darkly
>1408 and come to think of it basically every stephen king adaptation.
>Invasion of the Body Snatchers 56 and 93
>Cabin in the woods (not into slasher genre but i like whole old gods premise , sucker for anythin remotely lovecraftian)
>The Others
>Strangers
>Orphan
>Don't Breathe
>Primer(good scifi)
>Cube series
>Triangle
>The Man from Earth(one of my top 10)
>K-Pax
>Exam
>Circle
>The Skeleton Key
>The House of the Devil
>Ninth Gate
>Dark City
>The Invitation
im obviously leavin a lotta stuff out cause i cant remember the names but based on these what would u recommend ? I'm looking for something that will leave me thinkin not smth that beats you over the head with the twist and you basically know everything at 12 minute mark. thanks in advance
>>
self bump
>>
some stuff I've liked, all sci-fi

Johnny Mnemonic (silly 90s sci-fi, but the Gibson connection...)
The Fountain (abstract sci-fi(?))
Edge of Tomorrow
X-Files TV show
Gattica

Inception, if for some reason you haven't seen it.

the guys at work keep recommending Elysium, but I've never really liked that director so I haven't seen it yet.
>>
Backdoor sluts 4

Really made me think.
>>
>>18527232
used to love X-files as a kid now that i try to rewatch it like from season one seems kinda cheesy..same with The Twilight Zone used to love it and still kinda like it but cant get through two episodes.
>>
That's a good list. I loved Coherence.

>Ex Machina
>Crawl or Die (cheap and cheesy, but a claustrophobic nightmare)
>>
>>18527247
Yeah I felt the same way trying to rewatch Star Trek TNG. All I can say is, X-Files becomes worth it, albeit more for the character interaction than the individual stories or episodes. You can probably skip to season 3 if you're familiar with the basic setup, and then go back and watch what you need to for the main aliem/abduction storyline, if you're trying to keep track of that.

I should add Black Mirror to the list of recommends, and Stranger Things was ok. True Detective was only borderline horror and not scifi, but it was really good (first season).
>>
>>18527274
yeah i quite enjoyed True Detective both seasons,first mainly due to lovecraftian overtones and the performance . while its true that the second season is nothing like the first story or theme-wise i found it quite enjoyable.
Just watched the trailer for Black Mirror i'll start watchin thanks.
>>
>>18527203
lookin back, Sphere while a solid piece of sci-fi could have been one of the greatest of its time if
they'd spent more time on it, especially character development.
>>
Creep isnt too bad
>>
>>18527203

Dog Soldiers. Seriously good movie.

Green Inferno.

Cannibal Holocaust.

Cube.

VHS, VHS 2 (VHS 3 kinda sucked, but had its moments).

Eyes Wide Shut.
>>
>>18527918
Haven't heard of Dog Soldiers looks good from the reviews though , gonna check it out thanks.
>>
File: C3PO's Golden Wang.jpg (87KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
C3PO's Golden Wang.jpg
87KB, 500x707px
>>
>>18527994

Not the guy you're replying to but I can confirm dog soldiers is a fucking wicked badass movie
>>
>>18528076
Yeah. A bunch of British army soldiers are attacked by werewolves. They hole up in a cottage but are picked off one-by-one. The survivors eventually ignite a gas main blowing up the werewolves. One guy (and a dog) survive.

You're welcome.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.