[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The art of stopping time, apparently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170115-024918.png (187KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170115-024918.png
187KB, 1080x1920px
At work today we were having "what would you do with za warudo - esque time stop powers. The bartender heard us, and caught me when my friend wasn't around. He said very little, but basically said that time stop is real and he's seen it happen before, but the cost is " somethin that you can't even imagine." Normally I'd dismiss this as fucking crazy bullshit from anywhere else, but bartender is older and very smart (or sane, at least). I don't even think he was particularly religious, but he spoke about this shit like he really believed it.

Tl;Dr: man at work heard me talking about what I would do if time stop were a thing. Mentions power is real but cost is astronomical.

Pic related is me jotting down notes during my break. Love to see some input from others on /x/, what do you think this power entails? What is the cost? Why was he so scared of it?
>>
>>18526512
I guess related, but he never called it any sort of magic. The comparison to vatra came from the fact that he called it an "art," but other than that he didn't get very specific
>>
File: Jotaro qoutes.gif (666KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
Jotaro qoutes.gif
666KB, 540x304px
>>18526512
If i can stop time i would offer what i need to earn it
>>
>>18526679
even if it was something you could never get back
>>
>>18526751
If its actual time, it depends how much i lose
>>
>>18526512
let me guess, you can stop time, but you cant play time? or you're caught in between
>>
>>18526919
I know time is something i never get back, however i like to view time as a currency, if the thing i want is worth the time, il spend it.
>>
>>18526512

time is relative so you can slow down time only from your own perspective. time cannot be stopped or reversed
>>
>>18526512
Its your life. Think about how much energy is at play in the universe, now imagine how much you would need to negate that flow, at least as much again, it would literally kill or destroy anything or anyone who attempted because you need match all energy in the universe and since you are within the more energy you have the more you need to negate the energy flow. It like trying to reach 0 by halving
>>
>>18526937
It is entirely possible, but first you have to let go of a few misconceptions. Time is not a fabrics, it is not a line and it is not a part of space. It is a measurent, a baseline comparison of oscillations.
Now first we measure for most by years(yes we do especially when talking about our past and your age) now a year is 1 oscolation of the sun at the speed we are traveling through space on earth, I don't know that figure but the numbers them self s are not so important because it applies to everything. But say now earth is hurtling through space at the speed of light instead of what we are now to pit that in perspective light takes 8 minutes to reach the earth from the sun, so now your moving several hundred times faster and can travel that oscolation several hundred times more than your slower counterpart in 1 oscolation. Meaning the slower counterpart will appear younger after the same amount of time, leaving the effect wrongly referred to as time dilation. Now to stop the you need enough energy to counter every force in the universe and to reverse it you need but regenerate the circuit. Sorry no spoilers
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.