[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the berserkers possessed ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: 111.jpg (89KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
89KB, 600x849px
Were the berserkers possessed ?
>>
>>18523427
No, they were just high as fuck
>>
>>18523438

There's still no evidence what drugs they used
>>
>>18523444
Do you really know drugs to be so mad, witnessing what you've witnessed on 4chan?
>>
>>18523427
They were drunk and tripping bawls on mushrooms all the whole being told they are invincible warriors.
>>
Adrenaline; they were hooked on adrenaline.
>>
no, they were berserk
>>
MY LOVE FOR YOU IS LIKE A TRUCK

BERSERKER

WOULD YOU LIKE SOME MAKING FUCK

BERSERKER
>>
File: he said it.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
he said it.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>18523654
>>
File: feel.jpg (145KB, 660x751px) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
145KB, 660x751px
>>18523427
Nah we just woke as fuck!
>>
When you have no fear of death because you're high on endorphin+adrenaline and assured that even if you do die you'll be in a place with even more violence, sex, alcohol and food....

They were just fanatics with a muderboner
>>
>>18523427
The Viking beserkers used a bevarage made of mjöd and Amanita.
its said that they used the elderly to drink it first to purify it then drink the urin.
Wierd bunch of cunts but my history is my history.
>>
>>18523662
Solid Gold
>>
>>18523438
No they weren't high.
Do you realize what would happen if you got high af and then tried to fight a bunch of people?
>>
>>18523427
Adrenaline. Loads of adrenaline.
>>
Probably. The norse gods were demons.
>>
>>18523908
Sure. But clearly you don't. There's no record of, for instance, the US Army giving drugs to its troops, is there? Oh, wait...
>>
The tv show Vikings shows the vikings using recreational drugs. One viking even had a opioid addiction just like the people who watch the show.
>>
>>18523427
Nope. unless you think that taking fly agaric makes you 'possessed' by a 'mushroom demon'.
>>
>>18523444
>literally tons of evidence they used mushrooms
>>
>>18524325
Sure. But did the US army give hallucinogenic mushrooms to them?
>>
>>18524328
>Implying the show vikings is historicaly accurate
>>
I fuck you like truck Berzeeerkeeer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gFoHkkCaRE
>>
>>18523427
https://youtu.be/PBUGQkpk3RE
>>
File: Khorne_banner.png (811KB, 600x666px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne_banner.png
811KB, 600x666px
https://youtu.be/YA38ffX1AHo?t=30
>>
>>18523662
fuck your yankee blue jeans
>>
>>18524557
lindy always has the best thumbnails
>>
>>18524521
The mushrooms vikings used are not psilicybin mushrooms aka hippy psychedelic shrooms

They were amanita, which has a completely different active compound, known to disorient, make more aggresive, etc. its users. Add that to a lifetime of living like you were an invincible god and thinking that war and death is the only thing that matters and you got yourself a berserker.
>>
File: isen torr.jpg (69KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
isen torr.jpg
69KB, 600x600px
no, the berserkers did not take mushrooms. It is likely that the Germanic peoples did take mushrooms for spiritual reasons, however they would have NEVER have taken mushrooms for a battle.
What the berserkers did was go into a trancelike state that allowed them to ignore all pain and fear. you know that monk who burnt himself in protest, and he did not scream, he just meditated? the berserkers did the same kind of thing, they went into a deep, trancelike state, that caused them to ignore pain but also to not be able to differentiate friend and foe.
they also got into a rage because of their wearing of animal hides.

the hides put the spirit of the animal onto the warrior. if the warrior wanted to be fleet footed they would wear a deer hide, for better sight eagle or falcon feathers could be tied to the hair, and for fighting Bears and Wolves were most common, although boards were especially popular.

The above belief is one form of shapeshifting that ancients believed, that by wearing an animal hide or piece of skin or feather and going into a trancelike state once could gain the positive qualities of the animal.

another belief is of literal transformation, that warriors could actually transform into animals. there is one account of two warriors becoming wolves and running through the forest.

there are very few sources on this, because most of the information was oral, and judeo-christians killed Wizards and Witches who kept the knowledge.
I will try to take a form of the animal in the future. i will try wearing an animals skin and dancing around a fire with a few people, with drums beating, and give a sacrifice of my blood to Woden. this may allow me to shapeshift. however i'm making this up, so i don't expect it to fully work.
>>
I remember reading that they used Amanita Muscaria to put them into a sort of frenzy as did the Aztecs.
>>
>>18523444
There's plenty of evidence to suggest that they used mushrooms like the fly amanita, though there are other theories that some might have just self-induced hysteria.
>>
>>18524557
this
you retards probably also think vikings had horns on their helmets
>>
>>18525418
Wait a minute... No horns? Surely you jest.
>>
File: viking helmets.png (234KB, 1196x406px) Image search: [Google]
viking helmets.png
234KB, 1196x406px
>>18525660
People go back and forth about it, not very interesting. You'll hear people say they had smooth helmets to deflect swords, other saying they were too tall for the helmet to serve that purpose. Unless one of us were there we couldn't say for sure.
>>
File: whiteface.jpg (11KB, 300x274px) Image search: [Google]
whiteface.jpg
11KB, 300x274px
>>
>>18524557
came here to post this Tbh
based lloyd
>>
My love for you is like a truck
BERSERKERRRRR
Would you like to make some fuck?
BERSERKERRRRR
>>
File: miami-zombie2.jpg (37KB, 602x342px) Image search: [Google]
miami-zombie2.jpg
37KB, 602x342px
>>18523908
You'll lose your inhibitions and become immune to pain and fear.
>>
>>18523427
No
They ate amanita muscaria which gave them strength
I tried it I ate 10 grams and shit isbscary as fuck
Its like your being in hell and heaven at the same time and it gives you a sense of godly strength
Billions of thoughts entering my brain every millisecond
Use a sitter if you want to try it
I was alone got disoriented and tore my headphones :(
Also get ready for some heavy ass puking
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.