[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ancient History /x/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

File: NAMA_Machine_d'Anticythère_1.jpg (114KB, 640x571px) Image search: [Google]
NAMA_Machine_d'Anticythère_1.jpg
114KB, 640x571px
Give me anything related to the unknown/paranormal since ancient times.
Are there any speculative civilizations (such as /x/-themed ancient Antarctic pyramids, civilization in Doggerland, etc.), or practices that delve into being just plain creepy or weird?

Pic related in the Antickythera Mechanism, an ancient Greek piece of work used to tell time, very complicated for the bronze age.
>>
>>18521732
Look up the Siberian cauldrons
>>
Mt.Vesuvius tomb
>>
>>18521732
Many ancient Greek stories described extensive clockwork technology in use in the first few centuries AD and BC, including, among other things, a self-propelled cart, rudimentary vending machines, a simple steam engine, and even an entire city populated entirely by clockwork automatons. It was long believed that these things were myth, and that the ancient Greeks did not possess clockwork technology, but then the Antikythera Mechanism was found...
>>
File: 2016-12-28 15.10.48.jpg (238KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-28 15.10.48.jpg
238KB, 1920x2560px
>>18522460
We gave way to little credit to BC cultures.

Nazcas for example, besides the famous lines their art it's very modern looking.
>>
>>18522766
Truly, what's the chance that at least bronze-age level civilizations existed before many of earth's extinction-level events existed?
I don't mean any Star Wars fantasy tech back in our past, but we keep finding evidence of civilization and technology beyond what we expected of folks back then when we don't expect it.

How many times has genus Homo been "reset" I wonder
>>
File: 1922-vallenar_14423.jpg (79KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1922-vallenar_14423.jpg
79KB, 600x400px
>>18523017
After witnessing what an eartquake can do to modern infrastructure, I believe the tales of civilizations destroyed overnight might have some truth behind them.

That not counting social cataclysms.
>>
>>18523017
>what's the chance

zero

>we keep finding evidence

So where is it?
>>
File: Gunung Padang.jpg (497KB, 1632x510px) Image search: [Google]
Gunung Padang.jpg
497KB, 1632x510px
>>18523051
The over 10.000 civilizations, Gobleki Tepe and Gunung Padang.
>>
>>18523051

"They" keeping it from us dingus. C'mon use some thinking skills and figure it our.
>>
Isn't there a "people from the sea" that kept going around conquering civilizations?
>>
>>18523094
Sea Peoples caused the Bronze Age Collapse that basically put civilization in a Dark Age before the Dark Age.
They're just barbarians though, not merfolk.
>>
>>18523051
Read a book man.

There's tons of unexplained, hilariously old monuments.
Stonehenge is a classic for example.
>>
>>18523032
And in civilizations back then, it would be much easier for individual society to just go back to Hunter-Gather rather than repair the work of generations trying to cultivate crops and fend off raiders.

One natural disaster and they might literally just up and give up the game, losing their advancement in luxury achievements like art and music.
>>
>>18523051
If modern man has been around for 200k years its totally plausible that there have been civilizations around say, 50k years ago that were quite advanced. Even our accomplishments will vanish totally given enough time. I find the idea fascinating.
>>
>>18523051
>>18521732
>>
>>18523877
>a 2,000-year-old thing is evidence of a <50,000-year-old civilization
Sure bub
>>
>>18524187
never said that, goalpost mover
>>
File: Peru0001 (1).jpg (37KB, 559x379px) Image search: [Google]
Peru0001 (1).jpg
37KB, 559x379px
The coneheads were early race of humans that built a lot of the megalithic sites like Gobekli Tepe.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-hyiiuvCY8

if you have time and are interested in literally the first guy that said that everything in egypt is wayy older than the academia states
>>
>>18524187
>guy asks for evidence of a pre-extinction-event bronze-age-equivalent civilization
>you link him to the Antikythera mechanism

I see literally no other possible interpretation of that, mate.
>>
>>18524407
because you are a moron talkin with yourself. learn to think
>>
>>18524446
Says the man who apparently thinks that the Antikythera Mechanism is proof of, what was the phrasing?

>bronze-age level civilizations existed before many of earth's extinction-level events existed

You're gonna have to tell me what you meant to say, because right now what you actually said/what the post you're referring to said is exactly what I said it did.
>>
>>18524529
>what was the phrasing?
"...but we keep finding evidence of civilization and technology beyond what we expected of folks back then when we don't expect it."
>>
>>18524566
So you've been talking about the wrong quote, this whole time, okay. That explains it.
>>
>>18524305
nice try

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_cranial_deformation
>>
>>18524667
not my problem that you are a strawmanning retard who cant even navigate this site. It is the right quote, since it is the right context for the "we keep finding evidence".
fucking brainlets need to stop posting
>>
Nubians apparently practiced a precursor of Buddhism. Checkout a place called Apedamek.

Also,
Nubian - Nuba - Naga (Sanskrit... I think) - Damila (Pali) - Dravidian (Aryan?) - Tamil

So Ethiopians became the snakey Naga of Hinduism, their enemies were the Garudas (Aryans??)

Somebody correct me if I'm worng, it's def an interesting connection.
>>
>>18525962
WE
>>
>>18524714
people do that in reverence to the ancient gods that had their heads like that

fucking shill
>>
>>18523051
>>What's the chance the Earth is round and revolves around the sun
>zero

>>we keep finding evidence
>So where is it?
>>
>>18526480
so? of course they had some reason for this shit that was important to them. not paranormal

fucking shill
>>
I've been trying to find a book by Brad Steiger called "Worlds before our own". Anyone have a PDF of it? I was thinking of reading this first and then going to Fingerprints of the gods, since it predates the latter by a decade at least
>>
Atlantis, Hyperborea, Mu, Lemuria. The evidence is endless.
>>
>>18527268
>evidence
please share
>>
>>18527301
Here we go. The shillz demand evidence every time you try to edcuate people about the truth.
>>
>>18527315
you brought up evidence. if you cant walk the walk, dont talk the talk.
I mean, I am just curios and since it is "endless", it should be easy to share at least one example. So if you really want to edcuate people about the truth, like you are saying, why not ellaborate on your post?
>>
>>18526480
That's not correct either. Artificial cranial deformation was a method of communicating group affiliation or status.
>>
>>18527315
>The evidence is endless.
>Tell us about the evidence.
>NO SHILL JUST ACCEPT IT
>>
>>18526430
WUZ
>>
>>18527757
DMV CLERKZ
>>
File: 23678891.jpg (801KB, 827x1040px) Image search: [Google]
23678891.jpg
801KB, 827x1040px
WE WUZ KANGZ!
>>
>>18527776
pol plz go
>>
>>18527331
http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160118-the-atlantis-style-myths-of-sunken-lands-that-are-really-true

This kinda proof anon.
>>
File: 1484505580992.jpg (62KB, 489x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484505580992.jpg
62KB, 489x400px
>>18527944
Namefag provides proof he is autistic.
>>
File: IMG_0095.jpg (21KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0095.jpg
21KB, 200x200px
>>18527971
>Gary the retard
>pic related
>>
>>18527944
Well, now I know what you were refering to at least. See? Much more productive than throwing buzzwords around. Not really evidence for "Atlantis, Hyperborea, Mu, Lemuria", but you established basic communication. The first step to "edcuate people about the truth" my man
>>
>>18528099
Of course its evidence. What more do you need anon? Open your eyes!
>>
>>18528118
Thanks for shitposting tho
>>
>>18528118
God, are you here to shit up another thread? I'm not trying to be edgy or antagonistic, I want to say as clearly as possible you are insufferable. Please don't bother responding to this with some long-winded post that sounds like it was written by someone with minor downs. You berate people and after reading your posts I'm still never clear what you're really talking about, just words upon words with no fact and lots of idiotic lack of self awareness. When did you even migrate to /x/? Please go back to /b/. You think you're cool but your whole aggressive attitude really ruins threads.
>>
>>18528118
Trolls anons...
Seems I'm getting to somebody if they keep imitating me...That's funny shit though. Glad that experiment worked.
Sorry to you other anons.
>>
>>18528278
And you anon...
You are probably the troll shit poster...
Regardless suck it up Nancy you cry too fucking much. Only a liberal can cry that much...
>>
>>18527776
what is this, nigger viking?
>>
>>18528099
Thanks for that anon...
Really interested in the finding on the Indus valley cultures. Seems to be pushing civilization back to 9000 or even around 12500. That far older then the current accepted belief. The debunking of the Aryan invasion theory, which has colored previous data and finds.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-new-research-debunks-aryan-invasion-theory-1623744

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-marxist-historians-are-wrong-vedic-civilisation-older-than-indus-valley-civilisation-scholars-at-du-symposium-2129758

The vedic texts and Sanskrit writing. If any of that turns out to be based on some truth and not just a mythology. Now that would be fantastic.
>>
>>18527971
That means a lot to me anon, thank you...
Not sure what your talking about, but thank you anyway. Now run on home mommy is probably calling you.
>>
>>18527736
no it wasnt. it was an homage to their ancestry and old rulers

same with head flattening. the natives literally do say they do this to look like their ancestors
>>
>>18528278
maybe its not him, its YOU. I had no trouble understanding his posts. People dont normally give proof for every statement they say until asked and you're being retarded about what youre asking proof for

There are countless 9500+ year old cities like Çatalhöyük and Jericho

There are sites like Gobekli Tepe which actually date to the time of the ending of the ice age, but it was underground and people only recently discovered this site

keep in mind this site was extremely close to Çatalhöyük and Jericho, where agriculture and animal domestication also just happen to pop up, where local legend in these areas tell of global floods and mythical people teaching them "modern" ways in times of famine and disaster.

all of this pops up right at the end and right after the ice age, its obvious it didnt come from nowhere

nobody thinks this was "ancient aliens" level, but there's plenty of reason for OP to suspect society in some form has existed before these disasters occurred and good luck finding evidence when several ice ages have completely scrubbed the land down and melted and flooded everything away several times

nothing paranormal and nobody is saying anything as fact, just shooting the shit

you people who cant do your own research and have a fun conversation without going full autistic are whats wrong with this world
>>
>>18521732
According to certain ancient texts,
Atlantis "Sunk beneath waves of frothing white"

In the Game "Chrono Trigger" The hyper advanced "Kingdom of Zeal" descends from the sky when the machine powering it is disrupted. It falls into the ice aged world below and freezes over.

I have a hunch that Atlantis is not beneath frothing white oceans, but frothing white snow in the Arctic/Antarctic.
>>
>>18528806

if the put the pieces of the zeal continent together they form the shape or antartica
>>
>>18528806

ah shit, 5 star post. Chrono Trigger ftw.
>>
>>18528806
>I have a hunch that Atlantis is not beneath frothing white oceans, but frothing white snow in the Arctic/Antarctic.

Why would they build their civilization there?
>>
>>18528840
Before the Poles shifted, there must have been many raw materials or perhaps they simply were not as cold as they were today. If the latter is true then there are many advantages to being at the top of the world. Magnetically speaking.
>>
>>18528816
Now that.
THAT.
I never fucking noticed.
I think the Japanese knew. That or at least people in Square Enix.
Maybe all their video games are merely badly remembered DNA memories of their old lives...
>>
>>18528779
Thank you kind anon. I see you get it. Many Internet's your way. Good to see fellow kind anon calling these shit posting trolls on their bullshit. I don't mind contrary opinions but at least try and add something useful to the discussion.
>>
>>18528779
Also I totally agree these older findings are also being found around the areas of the Indus valley people...Seeming to show a much more advanced civilization existing at the end of the ice Age. And that these cradle of civilization sites are the survivors of the deluge. They have closely related myths, there are many paralles from these very distant sites. I hope they prove out to be true. Makes the world more interesting.
>>
>>18521732
Does anyone else feel great anger and sorrow that the Library of Alexandria was destroyed by the Romans?

Imagine the historical knowlege we would have if it had survived to today
>>
>>18528992
>Our faces when we find out that Final Fantasy-esque magic was real
Our faces will never be the same.
Imagine if all the mythological creatures were merely Atlantian genetic experiments that populated the earth.
The centaurs, the fauns, the Naga and even dragons.
The larger reptilians being killed off by the cold.
>>
>>18529003
Our bad. >.>
Not gonna lie...dick move on our part.
>>
>>18529014
Honestly though

What about that 40,000 years of unknown that happened between the first of modern man and our very earliest records of human history

Did seriously nothing fucking happen for 40,000 years?
>>
>>18529003
I totally agree anon...
That loss of knowledge set us back thousands of years. The dark ages follow not long afterwards, not a coincidence I think. Can't even imagine all that was lost as not much is now known what it contained.
>>
>>18529029
I think the dark ages were more attributed to the loss of old roman culture, the corruption of their goverment and the very much savage nature of the Huns

The corruption probably played the biggest indirect part but I digress
>>
>>18529038
B-Barritus! >.<
*Gazzuntite*
0_0
I still have nightmares about rampaging hordes of angry Celt, German and Mongolian tribes.

Tbh though it still took 1000 years, our own corruption and a combination of all 3 of them to take us down.

XD
>>
>>18529051
I wonder what the world wouldve looked like if the Romans had survived?
>>
>>18529060
Very Red and very resource intensive. Fire spirits are die hard flamboyant egotists T-T
>>
>>18529038
I agree it was more due to the collapse of the government, just saying destroying the library was part of the systemic problem that led to its demise and the start of the dark ages. Seems funny that the destruction of the single greatest repository of human knowledge in its time at least, is then followed by the dark ages. That's karma I think.
>>
>>18529067
One great loss of culture and knowledge by a man waging war then followed later by another man in another war

Honestly Atilla was the /pol/ of barbarians
>>
>>18529067
I am dying to tell you something that may interest you and it has to do with Alexandria. What you seek. Lies in the Vatican's black library. Rome died but her temples survived. Not all was burned, some was scried and some was stolen by a scribe.
>>
>>18529072
Thanks dan brown
>>
>>18529067
Have always hoped that some remenant or something was saved of the library by the librarians. There are plenty of supposed myths but nothing concrete. Still hope the money pit on oak island turns out to be something.
>>
Isnt the earliest known permanent structure a temple in Angolia?
>>
>>18529069

Attila was a badass guy
>>
>>18529078
How did you know it was me? D=
I thought for sure I had the whole weaboo board thingie down....
>>
>>18529072
I do know about the Vatican archives. And they do have more then they speak of, at this point I do believe some of what they are holding on to is even lost to them. Though the library was in Egypt, but yeah it's possible that portion still survives somewhere.
>>
>>18528747
Dude, stop embarassing yourself. I literally took a university-level course in this just last semester.

Cranial modification was used to demonstrate group affiliation. That's why there are so many different styles.
>>
>>18529095
Dan Brown is already /x/ enough.
>>
>>18529173

Maybe they were an early multi-racial society... really makes you think!
>>
This thread could use some appropriate music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNzYIEY-CcM
>>
>>18529259
Interesting! Now that you bring up race I'm not sure if I have ever seen a case of Caucasian skull elongation. I'm gonna have to google that, and take a peek.
>>
>>18529363
Umm sorry anon no disrespect but that didn't do much for me personally. But theme music luv the idea, many Internet's for that. How about this.

https://youtu.be/nqiVvOXotyw
>>
>klaus dona
All you have to see
>>
>>18521732
Thats a lawnmower
>>
I did look into whether or not any elongated skills found in Europe or for Caucasians. At least through Google using more then several parameters I found nothing. Closest I got was one found recently in Russia. Any anon have anything more?
>>
>>18529719
No, that's the Antikythera Mechanism.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.