[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The dynamics of 'Holy Water'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

I have some questions about Holy Water.

It would seem a capable enough (how capable?) person can convert ordinary (tap water/other) water into Holy Water. Apparently there are several different methods for doing this, but some sources claim that simply introducing a portable crucifix into a body of water could produce the desired effect.

But...

How much Holy Water can a single crucifix convert?

What if I throw a crucifix into the ocean? Would that cause all of the water in the adjacent water systems to be converted into Holy Water? If not, how much does one crucifix convert? Does the material or other properties of a crucifix have an effect on the conversion?

Does a simple cross suffice? If so, does the cross have to be man made? I think there is at least one natural cross-like thing around the oceans (a twig or whatever). `

Is the conversion ratio 100% or something else?

How do we know when water is Holy Water? What about semi-Holy Water?

If there is something else, for example a prayer or other words, involved in converting ordinary water into Holy Water, could someone tell me what it is?
>>
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Christianity and Catholicism are sham religions.
Holy Water is a nothing but a placebo. There is no difference from Holy Water and regular water.
>>
>>18521101

Sikhism, Hinduism, Ancient Greek Religions and other religions have Holy Water also.

What about them?
>>
>>18521151
Are you trying ask about which holy water is best?
It's Scientology. Because it was made my scientists
>>
>>18521163

Well, I wasn't, but I think I'll look into that now. Thanks mate.
>>
>>18521095
>some sources claim that simply introducing a portable crucifix into a body of water could produce the desired effect.

Dude the only 'source' ive heard of that believes that is supernatural. A crucifix doesnt just make things holy. Theres a prayer that a priest has to do to make holy water.
>>
>>18521176

Well, supernatural IS fairly accurate.
>>
>>18521196
Shit im so sorry! I didnt realize there was an autist here.

I saw a few episodes and judging by how bad they butcher the lore, they are NOT accurate. Read a book faggot.
>>
>>18521095
A crucifix doesn't make it holy it is a symbolic implement that instructs your soul to charge the water with Jesus's energy

If you believe in stuff like that
>>
If I boil holy water will I get holy steam or ordinary steam and "holy" left in pot?
>>
>>18521922
If I boil my food in holy water before I eat it, will I take a holy shit?
>>
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Own-Holy-Water
It's a bit more involved than a single random prayer.
>>
>>18522801
>8 steps.

Way more complex than I was expecting, but sounds like something useful to know, thanks.

If we ended in a post apocalyptic vampire world this it's going to be helpful.
>>
>>18521095
>How much Holy Water can a single crucifix convert?
>What if I throw a crucifix into the ocean?
>I think there is at least one natural cross-like thing around the oceans (a twig or whatever).
>Is the conversion ratio 100% or something else?
>What about semi-Holy Water?
kek, this thread is GOLD
>>
>>18521163
I hope this is b8
>>
Holy water does not exist the bible says something about holy oil but it needs to be consecrate by someone with the priesthood
>>
>>18521095
there's no such thing as holy water. it's merely superstitious hogwash, a commodity to be bought and sold. just because some guy with a funny hat waves his hand over a cup and says the magic fornula doesn't make the contents of the cup special. in fact, it is exactly this sort of thing that Jesus Christ condemned during his ministry on earth. stop relying on the traditions of men and start trusting God. Read the bible, you don't need any water or a silly cross, the only magic utterance written under heaven, by which all mankind may be saved, is the name Jesus Christ.
>>
>>18521101
catholicism=dogmatic system set up to enslave

Jesus Christ= the one and only path to spiritual freedom
>>
>>18521176
How does it go? Sim Sim Salabim?
>>
>>18522913
Psalm 103

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with loving kindness and tender mercies;
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.
The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.
Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.
Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.
Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.
>>
Anything offered or used with love and devotion in the service of God is spiritual, and holy.

> Bg 9.26 — If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, a fruit or water, I will accept it.

There are more or less formal ways of doing things (and generally more formality shows that you are in the mindset of pleasing God, so is better - but the love and devotion is the vital aspect, not the ritual). But if you offer some water to God, He will accept it, and drink it without removing any.

> Bs 5.32 — I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord...Each of the limbs of that transcendental figure possesses in Himself, the full-fledged functions of all the organs...

(in other words, God can eat with his eyes)

This water isn't simply "holy." This water IS God. God is Absolute - no difference between God, God's name, and God's paraphernalia. And as long as your consciousness is aware of this and truly realized it, it will remain spiritual and holy.

Truly, with this understanding and realization - EVERYTHING becomes holy.

> Bg 9.27 — Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer or give away, and whatever austerities you perform – do that, O son of Kuntī, as an offering to Me.
>>
>>18521095
here's all you need to know:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly3NNdeSjZ0
>>
>>18522911
>within this one singular path without alternatives you can be as free as you can make yourself believe
>>
>>18522924
i love the book of psalms, but i don't see how 103 is useful in the blessing of water.
>>
>>18521095
My instinct is to say this in regards to water. >>18521101 I want to believe in something but that something is turning into Me more and more by the day. Back when I was 12-13ish me and my cousin were fucking around in a small town and went to throw a garter snake we ran over at a church and found a couple empty milk gallons with clearly marked holy water. How holy is it if it's sitting in the sun in atoxic container behind a falling apart shed behind the boarded up house behind the dusty church that's only open twice a month because the people in town can't afford to bring a pastor around more than that?
>>18521176
>a prayer
Elaborate
>>
>>18523010
This pray>>18522924
>>
You need to be ordained to the priesthood to bless water to make it holy. Start studying for seminary.
>>
>>18521163
AYYYYYYY
>>
Short answer: there's absolutely no measurable difference between holy and nonholy water, they both do the exact same things in every situation. It's safe to say it's a crock of horse shit.

But this is /x/, so...

Depends on which tradition you're talking about. In catholicism, only an ordained clergy member can bless water, but there's no effective limit to their range or the volume they can convert. They technically could bless the oceans, but they don't because of all the life shitting in, fucking in or otherwise desecrating it. It would be remarkably evil (in that "it looks like nothing bad is happening, but trust us guize, it is super bad spritially" way that religions use to arbitrarily call things evil) to sanctify something you know is going to get desecrated like that, so it never happens.

Other religions tend not to be organized near as well, so it changes based on who you ask.
>>
>>18523727
>there's absolutely no measurable difference between holy and nonholy water, they both do the exact same things in every situation

In a material sense, I agree. The difference is in awareness. Say I have two gold coins. No measurable difference between them. Now I set these coins on a table, and I give one of them to you. "This is YOUR gold coin."

Now introduce a 3rd party. They come in and grab one of the coins and goes "This is MINE." Would you agree that you would react differently depending on if the 3rd party took YOUR coin, or the unclaimed coin?

Holiness works the same way. But instead of the awareness being "this is mine" or "this is yours" it is declaring "this is God's."
>>
>>18521095
just the material wooden cross cant do anything inside water you need priests to do it or some good level of knowledge

the water in ur picture is 100% not holywater tho
>>
>>18521095
I dunno, I can consecrate a swiming pool in about two days through my methods. Didn't seem to notice any special properties in your regular catholic holy water, but that's due to the lack of faith.
>>
100% pure water, natural salt, silver cross, and a specialized prayer at each step of the process. GitGud.
>>
>>18524914
>100% pure water
Define that part for me, please. Is distilled/deionized/filtered water 100% pure? Is mountain spring water pure? What is pure?
>>
>>18524205
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2MbsN0sS_E
that's because religious people are dumb and stingy.
>>
>>18522956
Ok, I'm assuming you're the samefag that's been shitting on the thread since it was posted. If you don't believe in the stuff, why are you here? Stop shitting on things.
>>
In anglicanism at least, I believe the priest has to bless the water through a latin prayer.
>>
>>18525559
What difference does it make if the priest says fake words, or a fake priest says fake latin on the water. It is still fake ass water. You wouldn't know the difference if it was a real or a scam.
>>
>>18522943
>This water isn't simply "holy." This water IS God.
What would happen if you spit and pee into some Holy Water? Then poop into it.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.