[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I "dip in" to other universes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0083.jpg (39KB, 456x322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0083.jpg
39KB, 456x322px
I was wondering if there is any method of seeing a potentially travelling to other universes.
Examples:
One where I don't exist
One where Hillary was elected
And anything that makes you say "imagine if ____ existed in WWII.

Stuff like that
>>
>>18517282
No.
>>
Long time back I took a shitload of DXM and while that was kicking in I also did some whippits. Now this is before I had actually heard of any sort of /x/ shit, alternate universes, etc. so a lot of the hallucinations made no sense at the time. It was like standing in a room where all 4 walls were mirrors so you just see infinite reflections of yourself in every direction stretching into infinity. Except instead of seeing extra copies of myself, it was extra copies of the universe around me. Each universe held one "me" which would move exactly as my "real" self moved. When I climbed "out" of one universe and hopped into the one directly to the right all my copies did the same thing so that every universe still only had one "me" but not the me who was actually born into that universe.

So anyways, a few days ago I was reading into some interesting ideas relating to quantum mechanics, one of which said that the most mathematically stable reality would have either 10 or 11 dimensions, and gave a short description of what each of those extra dimensions would look like (vaguely of course, it's not possible for the human mind to properly comprehend what extra realities would actually look like). Essentially, time being the fourth dimension measured a change in the positions of 3 dimensional matter so that a being who could properly navigate the 4th dimension could observe any point in time in that reality. Building off of that, an entity that exists in 5 dimensions would see not only the entire timeline of their own universe, but also see the entire timeline of another universe that had the same "start conditions," which sounds a tad bit vague but I would assume means the same building blocks present in our universe (i.e. quarks or whatever quarks are composed of etc.).
>>
File: 1458160665586.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1458160665586.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>18517282
Looking for a way myself, OP. Need to so I can achieve my dream.
>>
>cont.d

Viewing reality in six dimensions, by taking this even further, one would see ALL possible alternate universes, but not exactly in the way it's depicted in popular media. Usually these parallel realities are seen as differing from one another based on every choice a sentient creature makes. I.E. if you decided to have ham for dinner, you would have chosen one of the other foods at your disposal in another universe. While this is technically true, it's not conscious decisions that actually cause parallel realities to form. Theoretically every time an electron moves in one direction, the direction is random and a new universe is created based on that single electron moving into a different random spot in its orbit. Which would mean there are innumerable other realities that actually play out exactly the same as this one, because one singular electron being in a different position wouldn't really be enough to change the events of the universe on the scale that you're talking about.

Anyhow, I know lots of drug fueled ramblings go on all the time in this board. Not saying I was literally seeing the universe in 6 dimensions when I was dissociated as fuck but the hallucinations were strikingly close to the mental image I got from reading about what these hypothetical extra dimensions would be like.
>>
>>18517341
>>18517355
Forgot to link posts, anyway here's the last small part of my rambling

Of course I don't think I physically traveled outside this universe and into a parallel one, as someone was in the room with me and said I didn't move in any way while I was seeing these things, and I don't believe anyone should ever think that hallucinatory experiences are meant to be taken literally, but if there's a way for mundane entities like ourselves to ever interact with reality on the type of scale you're describing, the only experience I have that even comes close to that was the experience I had robotripping and doing whippets. So, you know, give it a shot if you want. It's no less likely to work then a magic ritual or whatever the fuck else /x/ might tell you to try.
>>
So you discovered lucid dreaming? The thing is, at least with todays technology, people can't share dreams.
>>
>>18517341
>>18517355
Pretty cool experience, thanks for sharing.
>>
>>18517371
Thanks. It wouldn't really be that interesting of a trip if not for the fact that at the time that I had the experience, I had no concept of parallel universes, multiverse theory or shit like that. It was only a couple of days ago, when I had read a physicist's ideas of what higher dimensions would look like, that I realized that entire trip fit perfectly with his descriptions. All the way down to perceiving the individual universes as these spherical sort of bubbles arranged in a grid pattern which was exactly how he theorized they would appear.
>>
>>18517346
And what is your dream?
>>
>>18517321
/thread
>>
File: 1461874592923.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461874592923.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>18518929
Hell no, not /thread
>>18518904
To personal to say on here. There a particular world I need to go to. Every hope and desire of my heart hinges on this. No matter how many tell me I'm wrong, or stupid, or insane, I'll never give it up.
>>
>>18517282
Short answer, no.

Long answer, we don't have the technology to see or even prove or disprove if other universes exist which is why the scientific community is divided on the multiverse theory. Think of it like this, we live in the 3rd dimension, The multiverse starts around the 6th dimension. That's three whole dimensions we can't see. Our minds probably wouldn't even be able to comprehend seeing a multiverse or if we ended up in a different universe. So no, there's no way to go to other universes at this moment in time.

I'd like to think there's other universes out there but there's just no way for us to get to any of them sadly. Unless some weird cosmic accident happens that sends people around, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
>>
>>18517341
That isn't true. That imagining the 10th dimensions hit is nonscientific nonsense.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.