[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone take the Truman Show Challenge yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: TRUMAN-SHOW-CHALLENGE.jpg (130KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
TRUMAN-SHOW-CHALLENGE.jpg
130KB, 1000x500px
Has anyone take the Truman Show Challenge yet?
>>
>>18516739
This meme is alarming given quite a few friends have confided to me that they don't think life is real in the last two months, when I've been quietly ruminating over that possibility for a while beforehand.

I'm mentally ill and my meds are barely working, I don't need that shit rattling around in my head.
>>
why did you remake this thread?
>>
>>18516761
Posting cross boards for broader opinions? Also seemed appropriate here.
>>
>>18516739
Can you explain please
>>
>>18516739
Like once a day or what? Seems like a waste of time, even though it's a good movie. What can be gained/achieved?
>>
>>18516739
Troll people into watching a great movie?

I'm on board.
>>
Basically watch Truman show every day for a week (or month, whatever you can tolerate) Begin to notice things around you that you didn't notice before. How life seems...scripted.
>>
>>18516946
>scripted
like watching the same movie every day for a week
>>
>>18516971
lol
>>
>>18516739
Sort of, I took Salvia
>>
>>18516946
>.
I watched the big lebowski movie for a month, stared feeling like a symbolic ritual reality and your soul which its your the body its the only sacrifice
>>
>>18517114

No more white Russians for this guy!

Kek
>>
>>18516739
No, but I think about the movie quite a lot. Amost every day I go to the mall to get things for the office lunch. There is this lady I see there every single time, with a full cart of groceries. Every day. I observed her quite a bit now, and now she looks at me like "him again/he knows".

I also EDC a scanner with F-Tune/Close Call. I wonder if I will ever pick up stuff like Truman did.
>>
I used to be terrified of this happening as a child. Not because of having watched the Truman Show, but because of a similar story in a Goosebumps novel about a kid who discovers a Matrix-esque full dive virtual reality video game who becomes unable to escape from it until the very end of the book, and then heavily implied it was a false awakening and that he was never entirely certain whether he had actually escaped.

Spent the next decade or so thinking about the possibility that my reality was also simulated, which was mostly freaky because it would mean that people can observe the game version of me doing shit like masturbating. I was convinced people were constantly watching me do stuff 24/7 till I realized what a fucking boring video game my life would make and that nobody was interested in my day to day life any more than they were interested in their own. Still fucks with me sometimes. But now that I recount the story it suddenly all makes sense as to why my biggest sexual fantasy is to basically have an audience watching me have sex. Never really realized that that fantasy more than likely came from all the times I was convinced people outside the "game" were watching me when I was masturbating.
>>
>>18516946
I have always thought this but it isn't because life is a big "jokes on me" tv show it's because people are generally very stupid simple and predictable. Chances are if you haven't already thought of this you aren't very smart.

Saying this in general not to you.
>>
>>18516946
>scripted
it's called 'despair code' or 'syncronicity', something that anon is exploiding trough meme magic.
>>
>>18517323
the despair code is bullshit though, so why would that be the case?
>>
I used to fantasize that my life was like in that Rick Morty video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as
>>
>>18517131
>Amost every day I go to the mall to get things for the office lunch. There is this lady I see there every single time, with a full cart of groceries. Every day. I observed her quite a bit now, and now she looks at me like "him again/he knows".
I'm thinking more of a "that rapey guy who always stares at me" look.
>>
>>18516739
After a night where my friend and I were doin drugs he said something really random that hit me really really hard I actually went into psychosis believing at one point that the universe was a huge play and everyone were actors and I attempted suicide. Fortunately (or unfortunately i still dont know) I lived, but was in psychosis for 3 days where I strongly concidered commiting myself to a psych ward. What im trying to say is dont play with shit like this, you can have a serious mental break. However Im a diagnosed bipolar so that might have had something to do with it.
>>
Great way to induce paranoia.
>>
>>18517576

You see, it wasn't necessarily a 'mental break'. You saw through to a layer of reality which is referred to in Buddhist scripture as Maya, the Grand Illusion. Now a trained Buddhist enters after serious meditative practice to ready his mind - you were catapulted there with a consciousness incapable of processing what you were seeing. Know that what you saw was real - is real - and is around you all the time... and guess what? You are it too! But everyone is in the same boat playing the Grand Illusion together, so it's not all that bad if you are prepared to see the big picture.
>>
Yeah about 2 months ago I confided in someone that I felt like I was in a tv show ever since I studied it early 2015. I had to watch it about once or twice a week for 10 weeks.
Some moments of my life since then have felt scripted, and some really stand out to me. I could almost feel a fucking credits roll once or twice, and there are certain moments I can pin point as like season finales. I've got an unnerving feeling that my life right now is a spin off to the TV show centring on the school I used to go to. I need fucking meds.

I could go into more detail about some of the events if you guys want.
>>
There is truth in that true man show
>>
>>18517594
It's an adapted story about having fake friends aka people that just use and manipulate you to boost their ego or appearance. The light falling was the moment when a "lightbulb" went off in his head that there is a whole world out there that he has never seen because he was sucked into the basic small town crap like sports games, being social locally, and all that. The girl he met has travelled outside the world he knows and realized he has better potential in a big city. Leaving the set was him moving and leaving his life behind.

The writer put heavy layers into that flick.
Same goes for liar liar. The character bullshitted his way through life and it was eating him up inside and destroying his family. Taking a vow to only tell the truth aided him by sharpening his mind and making him more genuine and gave him a real heart.

Same goes with the wizard of oz/labyrinth etc. it's about finding yourself and being content with what you have and appreciating those around you for who they are also showing you that when you are away people do miss you.
>>
>>18517594
would have more impact if you had quints. 4/10 tho
>>
I get the truman show effect all of the time. I know that for the most part it is just that your brain is paying more attention to information that it thought was worthless before, but the other day I had a really strange coincidence. I had been watching a few episodes of the x-files on my computer and there was one episode that mentioned 'walk-ins'. The next day I saw my mom watching x-files on television, which was weird since I haven't seen it on t.v. in a long time, but apparently they had started a marathon. Then we started talking about spooky things and she said that my grandmother had thought she had a walk-in and I remembered that episode I had just watched. I'm sure it was all just a coincidence but it was one of the biggest ones I've experienced in a long time.
>>
>>18517591
i used to work at a pizza place. It basically was a fucking TV show. ive never worked at a place like that. everyone was always there even off the clock drinking at the bar, the cute girls that worked there had their silly side plot/stories, there were 3 main characters and I was one of them. it felt like a version of Always Sunny. There was always some kind of fight/showdown thing happening at least once a week, a fucking get rich quick scheme here and there, constant gambling, drinking at work non stop, drugs, occasional arrest or disaster would strike but for the most part, nothing changed for years. i kinda miss my life being like a tv show. now its just boring.
>>
>>18516739
>Truman Show Challenge
I would have that was streaming your life for a week or something
>>
>>18517991
Thats just life in your twenties. I had a warehouse job like that but soon responsibilities grow and outweigh the fun
>>
File: 1473062262924.jpg (75KB, 750x732px) Image search: [Google]
1473062262924.jpg
75KB, 750x732px
>>18518234
>youll never get to be a 20-something ever again
>>
i've been in it for a while
>>
>>18516971
/thread
>>
if my life were the truman show, it would be incredibly boring.
>drink coffee
>jack off
>go to work
>come home
>jack off
>sleep
>repeat
and i would do drugs every weekend or 2.
>>
>>18518973
The actual Truman show l, not the film but the show in the film, would be very boring too, it seemingly relies on its gimmick of him being real, and neighbours level character development to hold an audience.
>>
This is what happens when you're an atheist for too long.
>>
>>18517534
Hehehe, certainly possible. She probably has a Tumblr blog about it.
>>
There was a time where i watched how high almost every day for 2 months or so. It made me smoke weed all the time.
Maybe it was the weed making me watch the movie though. Is that the same thing?
>>
>>18516971
/face
>>
you have to know im a krautkebap, and made holidays in turkey almost each year. However my turkish sucks quite a lot but my family there (except for a few) only speak turkish. But every so often when i got into hearing range i was convinced i heard them talking german for a moment until they recognized me where they switched to turkish. No idea if i was imagining things, if that is a plot to make me more motivated to learn turkish, or if i get screwed over big time. However eventually i stopped "witnessing" it but it comes the truman stuff closer than anything else i experienced
>>
>>18517146
>Goosebumps

Man, fuck those books. Whoever thought that was some light kids horror should be hanged.
>>
>>18520487
you found the ancient and mystic Meta Kush
>>
I've had a lot of trouble in the past with a schizoaffective disorder. Luckily, I was young and I caught it in time to get the help I needed. I used to feel the same as in this thread. Not so much that my life was a show, but that everything was organised (I suppose, scripted) in such a way that the people were always the same and almost guiding me to places (think the round-about traffic jam scene in Truman Show).

As I got older, and got more of a grasp on my mental illness, I realised it was hardly as awesome as an entirely scripted town. The fact was, it WAS a small town, of course I'd see many of the same people each day or week. I had work schedules, study schedules, shopping schedules, fuck-around schedules - and so did most of the other people. It was inevitable that my schedules would sync up with others.'

It wasn't some grandiose ballet orchestrated by a mysterious director, it was just human life. And it was there that I learned I was an insignificant shit, and nothing revolves around me.

Truman Show is still a good movie though.
>>
>>18516739

http://www.transparencynow.com/trusig.htm

Interesting tidbit, not entirely related.

>But now -- at last -- we are starting to get some public debate over the way the media manipulates public opinion and routinely creates fictions that masquerade as facts.
>one of the voices that is being raised against it is none other than that of the ultimate media machine, Hollywood.
>In the flawed but interesting movie, Bulworth, Hollywood has given us a depiction of a politician who challenges the phony world of media-politics by offering bluntness in place of rhetorical manipulation.
>politician who challenges the phony world of media-politics by offering bluntness

Strange that Bulworth is the reality, not the Truman Show
>>
>>18520583
>I learned I was an insignificant shit, and nothing revolves around me.

Liberating, innit?
>>
>>18516946
There are so many good films out there that it's a waste to watch only one for a whole month.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.