[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Shinto?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Shrine with Kazuto.jpg (42KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Shrine with Kazuto.jpg
42KB, 300x400px
I personally share a similar world view to Shinto, but I am not Japanese so I kind of just acknowledge local spirits and my ancestors. Thoughts?
>Pic related, me and host brother at a shrine in Japan
>>
>>18516337
I pissed on one of their shrines in Tokyo at age 13, and very bad luck followed.
>>
>>18516337
get fukt weeb
>>
File: VargVikernes-2012.jpg (87KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
VargVikernes-2012.jpg
87KB, 620x400px
>>18516337
Im very fond of ethnic groups keeping their original religion
So I say yes

Universalist religions where a mistake
>>
>>18517963
>Universalist religions where a mistake
Not really. Allowing sociopaths and idiots to breed was the mistake. Monotheistic religions are false religions.
>>
>>18516337
It's practically their atheism.

I think it's important to at least have the pretense of respecting your surroundings, like a spirit in a tree and so on.
>>
>>18518047
>It's practically their atheism.
HOL UP. NO. That's a blatant misrepresentation of Shinto. It's just a real religion, so it looks like atheism to jews.
>>
>>18518047
Wouldn't "practically their atheism" be Buddhism?
>>
>>18519191
Kind of, Buddhism seems to exist on a spectrum of actual religion to a philosophy
>>
>>18519277
I know, but in regards to japan it would seem more fitting to describe it as "their atheism" than Shinto.
>>
>>18519317
I definitely agree on that.
>>
>>18519191
>>18519317

buddhists aren't atheists
>>
>>18516337
Out of curiosity how many people in Japan are legit Shintoists? Like they full on believe all of it and take the time to practice it?

Always kind of struck me as a religion that a lot of folk pay lip service too but aren't really all that into (with a handful of exceptions of course)
>>
>>18519504
Most Japanese at least practice it to some degree like ~90%. Its so intertwined with their culture it would be hard to fully abandon it.
>>
>>18519472
They can be. They can worship gods. Or worship a god. The Buddha told people who believed in god(s) there was no god and people who were atheists that there was one.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.