[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mind control experiments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: lS60O-GL.jpg (42KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
lS60O-GL.jpg
42KB, 640x640px
Tldr; guy supposedly manages to hack into somebodys will.

So apparently derren brown managed to set people up to an experiment with dozens of actors hidden cameras and using handpicked live subjects.
Heres the footage
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b3a21wiRtTs

So what do you guys think did derren find a way to manipulate people in a way to the point of murder?
Some people say the first guy in the experiment is real and the others fake and that derren would get sued or some shit like that because of morals and shit could somebody get ptsd from this?
>>
>>18511638
Derren brown is known to be a pretty good mentalist and illusionist and has allegedly managed to buy in a store with blank paper, getting paid in the race dog tracks with any ticket using his manipulation skills.
the first time i watched this i didnt really notice all the subliminal messages he carefully crafted on the whole thing : notice all the hand symbolism the subject is exposed to, ALL of the doors are "pushable" and how he keeps stressing the individual with different contexts and situations
>>
>>18511638
Watch the show you faggots
>>
>>18511638
Dude /x/ IS a mind control experiment.
>>
How did he do that medium shit? He managed to guess about people's deaths
>>
>>18511784
Have you watched the show anon?
>PUSH, whatever it takes,whatever IT TAKEs.
>>
>>18511792
What do you mean?
>>
>>18511638

This looks fake
>>
>>18511784
idk about /x/ but /pol/ definitely is

probably all 4chan. there's definitely AI shitposters.
>>
>>18513606
No there's not lolol. Paranoid fuck. There's people that come here to laugh at you, the truly insane. Ones that are actually interested in para. Ones that are literally insane and have schizophrenia or the like, and believe /x/ is a safe space for them.

Then there's Hanz.
>>
>>18513606
there's no AI shitposters.

this video pissed me off though
>>
>>18511638
NLP
>>
>>18511922
Cold reading, he explained how to do it in the series he did about snake oil preachers and mediums. He made an excellent point that I still hold today.

There's a thin line between being a con-man and a spiritual healer and it's how much you charge and if you bring hurting people happiness and closure.

>My friend killed himself 4 years ago through laying in the train tracks
>A few weeks later a medium did a show my mother went to
>she said a boy matching his description and with his name was on the other side talking to her
>said he was in horrible pain and had no body parts and no mouth to speak with

>she couldn't have known he was crushed and it was a closed casket funeral but could have skimmed the paper headlines and used that as a means to get a reaction

fucking sickening
>>
>>18511677
There's one he did with marketting executives years and years back (early 00s I think) just before he got famous famous. He went into some detail about the way he put some of the ideas in their heads.

Note though that some of what he says he does is bs. His theatre tours are also infamous for having very heavy staging. A lot of the mental manipulation stuff distracts you from the illusion side. If you look up someone like Cialdini Derren would likely be somewhat skeptical of some claims of his research and ideas. But then you could also probs identify some similar ideas in the OP vid.
>>
I bet Derren Brown has fucking goat legs and he's charmed the whole world into simply not looking. Sneeky wizard demon.
>>
>>18511638

I've got all of derrens books and over 20gb of this shows and specials.

I've watched and read almost all of it.

His most impressive tricks are never detailed, such as buying things with plain paper.

They're hinted at but never put into detail and there is a reason that nobody has been recreating them at all.

Other mentalists do lots of his routine but not the most crazy stuff like hypnotizing someone to fall asleep OVER A PAYPHONE.

These things arent repeated because they're mostly 'stretched' or completely fake.

It sucks but he is a magician first guys, thats just the way it is at the end of the day.

Dont get me wrong, I like him and his gimmick and he is super entertaining and definitely a top mentalist but dont be fooled - mentalism does not mean that all his routines use only mental tricks.

He uses every other available trick magicians use, just like Criss Angel - its just a different styling.

A lot of his stuff uses multiple outs or strongly selective editing, basically like a youtube prank channel, ya know?

TL;DR - He doesnt REALLY do the awesome tricks the way he implies they're being done.
>>
>>18514736
I know the sort of stuff derren does yes there are things that the only explanation is using stooges and that he camouflages tricks under the whole mentalism thing but the guy in the experiment looks pretty damn nervous tho i doubt hes an actor
The first time i noticed the whole "push whatever it takes" subliminal message at the end when theyre in the rooftop i was creeped out iy was like something straight from a movie
If derren actually managed to pull this off then it is a really good proof of how subliminal messages work but this might be too good to be true

Do you guys think the goverment has been doing secret experiments like this to people without permission?i mean if derren got somebody into a completely setup enviroment then it would be cake for the gov to do this to people with the resources they have
>>
>>18514736
Hey how did he do that when he stared inyo a guys eyes and he started to freak out
>>
>>18511792
I thought you meant something like he said how people were going to die and then they died that way lol but then i saw>>18514271
He would be major suspect if he did that tho
>>
>>18514736
>crazy stuff like hypnotizing someone to fall asleep OVER A PAYPHONE.
I remember that one episode where he put someone to sleep and put him in a room with people dressed like zombies.

I find it difficult to believe that's legal let alone legit.
>>
>>18514736
Do you know if derren has something against the church or religion? I was watching some of his other shows he does on theathers and such and he mocks the church by saying hallelujah and things
>>
>>18515286
He was a kind of sympathetic voice to the new atheists at one point. You can find interviews with Dawkins on youtube. He isn't as bothered about it as them afaict but remember he is an actual faggot, the CoE has been pretty homophobic in the past, and he regularly argues against spiritualists too.
>>
he fucks with people for the lulz.
>>
>>18515286
>>18515296

Yeah, he is an atheist, radical skeptic, and his hero James Randi is also homosexual so its not unlikely.

He tried to make a music career once and the songs are pretty bad but I'd say they're suggestive of homosexuality - obviously you cant know for sure unless the person admits it or puts out a sex tape with another man.
>>
>>18515319
>>18515319

Nevermind that, he is currently openly gay. I'm a little behind on his social status, sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRqYQTaF14U

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/derren-brown-responds-to-homophobic-troll-with-complete-style-9950180.html

http://derrenbrown.co.uk/derren-brown-interview-the-times/
>>
>>18515319
I think he's the real heir to Randi. Penn and Teller wish they were, but Derren is solid. Bullshit was a bit mundane and sometimes retarded, and influence in advertising and suggestion I think is more relevant now, and DB takes on the new agey cold readers in a better way too.

>>18515340
Lol. I only say faggot because we're on 4chan I'm surprised you didn't know already. He's a top bloke and frankly I don't give a toss about how someone gets their bits rubbed so long as its consensual and enjoyable. The CoE is maybe not as well known for being homophobic as the revivalist type churches in the US but some places they're pretty nasty, like almost gay lynching nasty.
>>
>>18515378

I dont care about his sexuality, I was just relating the likely chance given the atheism and skepticism in the stage magic community because the atheism and skepticism are actually /x/ related.

As for the 'heir to Randi' dude I hope not, Randi is complete trash.

DB has a way better reputation. Even PnT have a better rep than Randi in hollywood, the media, and I'd say even among other magicians.

I feel like DB and PnT put entertainment first and dont let their personal crap consume them but Penn is pretty close to Randi level sometimes.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.