[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Immortality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 12

So how can we (realistically) achieve immortality?
>>
>>18511576
you dont and if you're asking x for opinions on how to achieve that you are sub 80 iq range and it wouldnt even happen to begin with
>>
>>18511576
Modern medicine will allow us to to become immortal within 40 years most likely.
It is all thanks to deeper understanding about our bodies and aging really.
All you need to do is to keep being alive to that point and having quite a bit of money.
So go out and keep yourself healthy by working out, eating healthy. I would recommend not eating too much protein (not stopping eating it tho, that would be stupid) as that will increase your life quite a lot.
>>
>>18511576
Stop brain cells from dying. That's literally the only way. We can replace everything else relatively easily.
>>
I think that there's some sort of monk technique that lets your soul leave your body, killing it but letting you live free of your flesh.
>>
>>18511576
Mind-state uploading. Cybernetic immortality.
>>
File: 1462848887584.jpg (247KB, 900x578px) Image search: [Google]
1462848887584.jpg
247KB, 900x578px
>>18511634
>within 40 years
>All you need to do is to keep being alive
That's quite a wait.

>>18511641
Actually, neural and muscle tissue are some of the most resistant to aging. Both basically last forever, unless you actually have a degenerative illness.

>>18511644
That's not immortality, you goon.
>>
>>18511648
Uploading your mind to a machine, to be rid of this fleshy mess?

I'd call it a kind of immortality.
>>
>>18511652
Except you still die, stupid. You just produce a simulation of your mind and stick it in a can. If I simulate your faggotry on a computer, that doesn't make the computer gay.
>>
>>18511648
Ship of Theseus method. Slowly replace sections of the brain with synthetic brain until you're completely computer.
>>
>>18511634
Singularitism is religion for atheists.
If you want to try to find a way to become immortal using science yourself go ahead, but just sitting on your ass hoping that someone else will do it before you rot is asinine.
>>
>>18511664
>Ship of Theseus method.
That's literally the only legit method. Anything else is just replacing yourself with something that isn't yourself.

>>18511675
I'm not a billionaire. Gene therapy and organ replacement are great. But I'm not in a position to pioneer these fields.
>>
>>18511576
Everything keeps happening time and again, there is no end, no need to be bioimmortal. Even if you live until all mass decays back into empty space you'll still die then, and the universe will be unrecognizable to its current state long before then.
>>
>>18511685
I find it irritating that everyone just expects the universe to not be eternal with zero evidence, and everyone just accepts without question that the way it will end is by gradually just descending into cold blackness, again, with no evidence to support this delusional belief.

It's simply a trend and it's annoying.
>>
>>18511576
THIS IS A BAIT
DONT SAY ANYTHING
DONT LET THE GOVERNMENT KNOW OUR SECRETS
>>
File: 1384684318436.png (16KB, 276x594px) Image search: [Google]
1384684318436.png
16KB, 276x594px
>>18511648
>Quite a wait
It is, but do you want to live only a few years more or until you get killed in some freak accident thousands of years in the future?

I'm confident I will make it. Not doing any drugs/alcohol, working out and doing a restricted protein intake but with all nutrients.diet.
Doing what I can to keep the brain in shape with crosswords, sudoko, learning new languages, math etc.
Also I seem to have good genes as all my grandparents and great grandparents became 90+.
>>
>>18511694
It's what you learn when you see the light. Once all matter decays every region of the universe will pull equally on itself until it become so dense that it erupts outward again. Mass and energy are formed to allow the space to become more distant from itself again and matter will preserve itself, energy will dissipate itself, both as efficiently as possible.
>>
>>18511675
Well I'm a molucar biologist. With an internship for a pharmaceutical company,
I agree that it can be like a religion for some, but if scientific progress keep going at the same pace as today (and it only show signs of accelerating) then we will reach biological immortality within 40 years.
>>
So what can be done NOW, TODAY to ensure a person lives long enough to become immortal (other than just the obvious diet and exercise)?
>>
>>18511725
One thing a structured learning system won't teach you is how to recognize lore. Where the facts end and interpretation begins.
>>
>>18511576
Philosophical answer: You already have by existing.

Rational answer: Consciousness swapping into non degradble self sustaining mediums that require no upkeep.
>>
>>18511576
If we as humans can travel through time with our minds ie memories/premonition then we are projecting time and death onto ourselves the further from order we get the less we can effect until we gain the knowledge of how to effect it. If you cannot see past the oncoming transcendence you will be unchanged as to what life is on earth is and your cycle will remain. Earth is alive and it consumes chaos. Do not fear what see if it is what you know.
>>
>>18511820
>Consciousness swapping
We already addressed this. Just how fucking stupid IS the average human?
>>
>>18511695
It's funny you say that, I usually have Peerblock running with various block lists loaded and browsing /x/ and most 4chan boards produces an impressive log of blocked IP's.

This thread for instance blocked Aerojet Rocketdyne multiple times =P
>>
>>18511842
So you think you're not average, that's so cute.
>>
>>18511871
Well I'm certainly not retarded, which apparently everyone else is.

>Hurr durr if I write down my thoughts and a book and then kill myself I live forever!
>>
>>18511874
*in a book
>>
>>18511874
So you think you've provided a resolve to the millenia old questions of identity. Where can i read your paper on the issue?
>>
>>18511885
What are you, legit fucking retarded? If someone makes a clone of you, does that mean it's okay to just kill the original?
>>
>>18511919
You haven't even scratched the surface of these problems to be that cocky, kid. You're in waaay over your head.
>>
>>18511926
Nice non-answer. A copy of something isn't something. It's a second instance of it, even if entirely identical. When identical twins are born, it's not ethical to just kill one because "dude it's the same person lmao".
>>
>>18511931
All you've said is that the issue of identity can lead to dubious moral choices in EXTREME cases. You still haven't provided an argument for why those twins aren't the same person, a priori environmental influence. You know what, done with you. I don't need to be yelled at by a total philosophical ignoramus for the night.
>>
>>18511576
Find a way for our stem cells to produse thelomerase and be able to multiply forever.
>>
>>18511955
>All you've said is that the issue of identity
No, you're just being fucking dense as shit. Jesus christ the p zombie is real.
>>
>>18511955
Oh, and by the way, YES, I fucking did. You're just choosing to be retarded. If I hold one baseball and throw an identical one at your fat fucking retarded head, did I not throw anything because I'm holding an identical one? Two objects are different objects, even if identical IF THERE ARE TWO OF THEM. How is this even remotely difficult to grasp at all?
>>
transfer your consciousness to another body
>>
>>18512237
Now that's strike three.
>>
>>18511576
You are already immortal; the key to it is to be able to remember your quantum immortality jump and use it for personal gain especially being able to use eternal return to your advantage to change a life that isn't really "yours" per se.
>>
>>18511664

Not sure if anyone can give me a vaild answer on here, but our body already kind've does this naturally right?

From what I understood, our cells die off and get recycled after a certain amount of time, so after 7 yrs you a pretty much a new person. (idk if that's true or just a medical myth.)

So the philosophical repercussions of "Am I still Me?" shouldn't really be that big of a deal with Wetware integration.
>>
You attain immortality the same way you attain any other miracle. Know that it is already done, and do not waver. Live in the joy of the wish fulfilled. Die to your old reality and be born again. For what things soever you desire, when you pray, believe you have received them, and they shall surely be thine.

What you chase you can never catch. What you resist persists. Know it now, then you will have won.

Turn inward for your journey.
For all your arts
you will not find the Stone in foreign parts.
>>
>>18511576
You are already immortal. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>18513189
People die. There, you're wrong.
>>
>>18511617
What does the ability to learn new things have to do with wanting to achieve immortality?
>>
>>18511634
>Modern medicine will allow us to to become immortal within 40 years most likely.

Looking at "modern" medicine now we are at a standstill. Not only that- it is not lucrative to the people extending life to make it unending.

Unending life through manipulation of the human body is not something that will ever become reality. However, the storage and implantation of what we perceive as consciousness through technology is something that is very possible.
>>
>>18511641
That's not true at all
A more accurate statement would be preserve central nervous system but even that is a huge stretch
>>
>>18513203
>we
None of us ITT have died yet, hence there is a reasonably good chance we are immortal.
>>
it's still a little to far ahead, sorry you all die of old age n disease. our not having millions of dollars.
>>
>>18513285
Because everyone ITT hardly leaves their house to even come close to the sweet kiss of accidental death. There's a reasonably good chance that people who stay indoors face less danger than those who go outside. Dumbass.
>>
>>18513299
>le ebin everyone on the anonymous website is the same meme

3 broken bones, shitload of hospital visits, national level in extreme sports, ex-army. I have had a few run ins with potential death.

The point still stands, what proof do you have that you are not immortal?
What if "we" only inhabit the reality in which we are not already dead?
>>
>>18511576
Transplantation of my frontal cortex into an identical clone is how I would go about immortality. The problem is with all of the damn nuclei and axons you would have to some how connect.
>>
>>18513315
You got lucky, is all. I'd rather live a normal lifespan. In all honesty, I'd chalk it up to it not being your time. People like you court this idea that everyone's immortal and you wonder why this generation pops drugs and fucks up their livers with alcohol poisoning. Everyone thinks they're immortal, until they're not.
>>
>>18513268
>However, the storage and implantation of what we perceive as consciousness through technology is something that is very possible.
Enough of this horseshit. Kill yourself NOW.

>>18513299
Don't respond to sophists. They just like hearing themselves talk. They don't have any other goal.
>>
>>18513336
Ey bud, I personally don't think I am immortal, just lucky as you say.
I an very aware of how fragile life appears, I simply have no proof that I am not immortal.
>>
>>18511576
Telling you wont help you reach it.

But for the sake of your curiosity,
If you comprehend enough laws of the universe you will have control over these laws, allowing you to change the processes in your body as you like(In other words, be immortal as long as you want to).
>>
>>18513366
Isn't this what the Sith Lord told Anakin Skywalker?
>>
>>18513339
>implying it is possible to kill yourself
Prove it
>>
>>18513366
However if your body reach that comprehension before your mind does then you have no choice but to be immortal without a way to stop it without first comprehending these laws with your consciousness, which could take thousands if not millions of years unless you get a sudden enlightment(sudden idea/understanding) of it.
>>
>>18513396
And obviously, you would know all about millions of years, wouldn't you?
>>
>>18513398
No comment :)
>>
>>18513339
>Enough of this horseshit. Kill yourself NOW.
Holy shit you think you are an edgy snowflake; however, you're just a series of unfortunate stored memories inside of a middle aged virgin.

Two middle aged virgins (such as yourself) that are identical twins are not the same person. However, if for some fucked off reason someone decides to clone you, and transfer your sad life sequence into your clone. I could shoot your dumbass in the face, and no one could tell the difference.
>>
File: 1421906942032.gif (988KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1421906942032.gif
988KB, 500x400px
>>18513268
>we are at a standstill.
You have no idea what you are talking about, it is accelerating.
For example the CRISPR/Cas9 method. It makes it cheaper, easier and much more accurate to edit genes, it makes it really easy to exploring how genomes work.

Molecular biologists are riding a fucking wave of new technologies and discoveries made possible by CRISPR.

We live in promising times my friend.
>>
>>18511576
There are a fuckload of esotheric practices which supposedly open up a path to immortality, daoist neigong for example. Start practicing and see where it takes you. If you're obsessed enough, you might just get what you want.
>>
Does anyone here have information regarding how witches can use magic to steal the life forces from other people to live longer? They can reverse aging and practically live forever if they can keep on absorbing the life from other humans?
>>
>>18511576
information is an indestructible phenomenon.
over greater distances, information grows exponentially harder to detect as a point is influenced by a greater sphere.
this is a law, information is contained in energy forever rippling through space. this is why there is only one possible future. all things in the future is the result of external information.
think of time progression as a simulation, this is the easiest way to imagine it. if you were to look at a single frame of time, picture a crossection of the brain of a person in a sensory deprivation tank, as in no utside information streams, and if you had recorded all information out of it, as in the velocity of every electron, the position of every proton, the exact temperature and placement of every particle and if you were able to apply perfect physics to this model, then minute for minute, the thoughts of this person would align exactly with their computer replica. in real time. this is the nature of information. it behaves like any other tangible part of our universe. energy cannot be created or destroyed, neither can matter, neither can information. information just happens to be the highest form of existance.
since space is infinite, there are infinite instances of alien life. in the natural progression of life, all life in any form will eventually develop artificial intelligence greater than their own intelligence. something that is neither like a computer mind, nor like an organic brain. a cluster of synapses that cover their home planet, transmitting data throughout their solar system. at this stage of life, alien life will no longer resemble life as we know it. there will be no need for bodies, since reality itself can be simulated within a mind such as this with a higher level of detail than reality itself. there will be no births or death, there will be no currency, there will be no trade, or pain. all will be known. distant echoes of static energy reverberating through space can be
>>
>>18513591
Deep. Makes perfect sense though, I agree with every word.
>>
>>18513591
>>18513591
as easily as one looks through a telescope. all events future past and present can be observed over and over again instantaneously. the end of the universe as well as the beginning of the universe could be as easily observed asflipping to the end or the beginning of a book. this is how a biological organism could, over a very very long expanse of time, take the form of something you would imagine as a god.

wrapping it up i promise

remember that part about information being indestructible? time being infinite? such being already exist, recording information from electromagnetic frequencies rippling through the universe. we are being watched. all that is, and was, and will be is being recorded and accounted for. this includes you anon. whether by alien life that will only exist in 11 million years once our "light" reaches them, or by our own race once it has gained the technology to peer this far into the past with enough detail.

back to the part about the brains. if someones brain was recorded, down to the exact motions of the electrons (the part about having simulations more complex than reality) and put into a perfect physics simulation, this "computerized brain" would think the same thoughts and make the same choices as the biological brain. it would be a copy of you that was pure information. picture this purely information version of you as a soul. it already exists. you will never be immortal, everything dies. but who you were, are, and will be is an indestructible force frozen in time, (time cannot pass over information in the form of light) reverberating into space.
so in a sense everything is immortal.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>18513591
Information isn't indestructible. Information is very easily corrupt-able and therefor destroy-able.

You are making wayyy too many baseless speculations.

>This is why there is only one possible future
So you know the future?
>if you had recorded all information out of it, as in the velocity of every electron, the position of every proton, the exact temperature and placement of every particle and if you were able to apply perfect physics to this model, then minute for minute, the thoughts of this person would align exactly with their computer replica. in real time. this is the nature of information.
Another huge baseless speculation.

Also what makes you think information has to behave like energy and follow the law of conversation of energy? That doesn't make any sense and if you logically think about it for 2 seconds you might figure out why without me having to explain it.

>since space is infinite, there are infinite instances of alien life
Another retarded speculation. There's definitely a finite amount of civilizations, who know's how large the number is, but unless there's an infinite number of parallel universes this is also just another logical fallacy.

>a cluster of synapses that cover their home planet, transmitting data throughout their solar system. at this stage of life, alien life will no longer resemble life as we know it. there will be no need for bodies, since reality itself can be simulated within a mind such as this with a higher level of detail than reality itself. there will be no births or death, there will be no currency, there will be no trade, or pain. all will be known. distant echoes of static energy reverberating through space can be
However this isn't such a preposterous thing to speculate. I also lean towards simulation hypothesis and also think that it's likely there are many forms of superior intelligences that don't resemble us biologically or perhaps intelligences that have no biological form at all
>>
>>18513615
or at least this is how i can beleive in the "christian god" and beleive in the big bang at the same time
>>18513611
thank you ive put alot of thought into it
>>
This explanation is fallacious and idiotic. This post sucketh the dick of a dead man's nuts.
>>
>>18513618
>information isnt indestructible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole_information_paradox
yes information isn't indestructible
someones close minded
and yes, space being infinite means that it is big enough for every combination of matter to appear including alien life, and including even complete copies of our earth with human life
>>
>>18513618
of course it isnt the law of conservation of energy, i never said that, its conservation of information. kind of different except for the conservation part
>>
>>18513618
im on some hawking level shit here, so don't come at me with some "space is infinite, but alien life isn't infinite" shit, and you can shove that "i dont understand it so it must be dumb" stuff up your butt
>>
>>18513632
I'm not closed minded because I don't agree with something that's logically refutable.

Information is destructible. A hard drive and human memory is a good example. Yeah the destruction can be attributed to physical phenomenon but it doesn't change the fact that information can cease to exist without ever being able to be replicated again... as an artist this is painfully obvious.

>Links a wikipedia page about a hypothetical paradox
Okay? That doesn't explain why information can't be destroyed?

Black holes aren't even proven, they're also just a theory to explain observable phenomenon.

Here's the key word out of what you just linked
>Calculations suggest that physical information could permanently disappear in a black hole, allowing many physical states to devolve into the same state.
SUGGEST

I can tell you're one of those people who says anyone who doesn't agree with you in closed minded.
>>
>>18513618
>so you know the future?

i know the logical progression of information, building into more and denser information. past that, yes it is information, but ive obviously put more thought into it than you have. and quit it with this straw man shit. corruptibility and destructibility are two completely different things. ill say it again, information can never be destroyed. you layer more information on top of information, its corrupted, but it isn't destroyed. origional information can always be retreived with a higher level of examination. go back to the spheres part.
>>
>>18513642
I do understand it lol, it's you who doesn't understand why that's ridiculous.
>>18513639
You did say that. Read your own post.

>>18513642
The only hawking level you're on is having a bit of retardation, only unfortunately for you it seems to be of the mental variety.
>>
>>18513651
So when you die, the information in your brain is never destroyed?

So when I format my hard drive, the information isn't destroyed?

You sir, are dumb as shit.
>>
>>18513644
>Calculations suggest that physical information could permanently disappear in a black hole, allowing many physical states to devolve into the same state.

read a little bit further until youve arrived at a little concept called hawking radiation
>>
>>18513654
no. formatting your hard drive does not destroy the information. i think im going to have to break down the concept of information to you.
what sound does the computer make when the hard drive was written?
electromagnetic frequencies constantly being given off by the hard drive?
electromagnetic frequencies given off by the hard drive when it was written?
the data in a hard drive cannot be equated to information.

when the hard drive was written, an electromagnetic frequency echoed off into space. it is very tiny, yes, it is impossible to decode (by our technology) even a few feet away, yes
and the farther away it gets, the smaller of a point it is, but it is never gone.
destroying the hard drive does not stop that wave from flying off into space, the wave will always be flying off into space.
>>
>>18513655
I'm not saying it's impossible, but just think for a second m8, logically, information can be destroyed. Corruption can be a form of destruction.

Everything you're basing this on is speculation just like the idea itself even though reality points in the opposite direction...

> A fundamental postulate of quantum mechanics is that complete information about a system is encoded in its wave function up to when the wave function collapses.

When that wave function collapses, so does the information. You basically refuted yourself in your own argument and didn't even notice.

I'm not gonna reply anymore though, this is clearly a waste of time if you can't logically understand how information, when it's changed, ceases to be the same information.
>>
>>18511576
we are immortal
>>
>>18513663
that is light. until it turns into another form of energy (information conserved, in the form of space or frequency) it becomes 2 dimensional, time cannot pass over moving light
>>
>>18513664
a wave fuction collapses when light turns back into some other form of energy.
like light turning into heat maybe?
like maybe a camera flash hitting a lense?
wave form collapses on the lense, does that mean that the information within the wave form collapses too? no, it turns into an image. information changes forms, whether contained within matter or energy, however, the information, however corrupted, no matter where it goes, remains information, and yes i do hope you stop replying, i feel like im argueing with a child
>>
File: IMG_2496.jpg (86KB, 887x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2496.jpg
86KB, 887x500px
reply KA KAAAHH if you stared.
>>
how do i save this thread? i feel like i accomplished something here
>>
>>18513652
did you really just call steven hawking retarded?
>>
>>18511694
it is eternal you retarded fuck
it just changes
>>
>>18511694
recursion
'nuff said
>>
>>18511874
you're retarded
>>
>>18511931
tell that to quantum physics
ie quantum super position
>>
>>18511986
identical doesn't mean similar
stop calling others retarded when you can't even words
>>
File: 1484108587498.jpg (52KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1484108587498.jpg
52KB, 540x540px
>Scared of death because skeptical of afterlife
>scared of being immortal because >tfw 2012 was 200 million years ago
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>18512336
it's all about consciousness
we have to fully understand how it's created and expressed
>>
>>18511661
i have a friend ive been trying to explain this to. hes still all hurr durr immortal though
>>
>>18513336
we're immortal because consciousness swaps realities when the physical body dies or due to quantum superposition
all we are is information organized in recursion
>>
File: pikachu_laughing_6363.gif (15KB, 198x198px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu_laughing_6363.gif
15KB, 198x198px
>>18513723
>you can't even words
>>
>>18513591
>this is why there is only one possible future

quantum physics says hi
>>
>>18513732
you can't even understand im mocking your pathetic intelligence with humorous chains of words
you're a pathetic ego whore
>>
>>18511696
fucking millennials
>>
>>18511576
Watch Holy Mountain.
>>
File: 1483651223713.png (209KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1483651223713.png
209KB, 510x346px
>>18513735
>>
>>18513654
i beleive your confusing data with information
>>
>>18513733
exactly.
having difficulties explaining the concept of quantum information to people who think a hard drive or biiological memories are the most complex forms of information
>>
>>18511576
anyone else have any other theories or speculation to add other than triggered shitposting?
>>
File: VITRIOL.png (753KB, 626x630px) Image search: [Google]
VITRIOL.png
753KB, 626x630px
>>18513181
>>
to trust N0 thot
>>
>>18511725
>molacur
We're doomed.
>>
>>18511576
The most realistic way I can figure is through a combination of medicine and tech. Figuring out a way to put our consciousness into a machine body and keep us from going insane after being alive for thousands of years is a pretty huge task though. That being said, if we could manage such a thing somehow, our transition into a fully space-faring race would be very easy. Once we got to that point it would just be a matter of expanding our population throughout the solar system and eventually the universe so that we can fit the trillions upon trillions of undying cyborgs somewhere.
>>
>>18515128
>put our consciousness into a machine body
You. Fucking. Faggot.
>>
File: ausfags.jpg (34KB, 540x358px) Image search: [Google]
ausfags.jpg
34KB, 540x358px
>>18515133
SAVAGE!!!1one!11!!
>>
>>18515141
>Putting data in a robot is the same as me becoming immortal

How many of you fake human p zombies are there? I swear to christ it's like you subhuman monsters can't grasp the meaning of the pronoun "You".
>>
>>18513728
I'm convinced of this: >>18515154

These literal subhumans are not really human. They're like humans with part of the mind shaved off or something through degeneration. They literally can't grasp the concept of personality.

>Haha but the old philosphers couldn't figure it out. Checkmate non-retards!
That's because most people are blatant idiots. The self has never been a difficult concept. People are composite entities. Take away all the parts and they cease to be. Body, mind, spirit (if there even is such a thing) are all disparate, and upon death flee from one another and decay. MAYBE if you were ACTUALLY taking the mental storage components of the actual meatware brain and putting physically into a robot, THEN you could say that you had "put your mind in a robot". But just copying information out of your brain? You literally have to not be a fully functional human to not be capable of grasping that isn't you. Is a reflection of yourself in a mirror you? This is basic fucking shit, people, god damn.
>>
I heard something about Telomerase being a key feature to unlocking immortality. Have to research it more
>>
>>18515180
There's so much shit. Telomeres can also shorten due to processes that cause mutation (in highly inbred lines there seems to be a process whereby telomeres are shortened via mutation).
>>
>>18515154
>I can't grasp the concept of moving 'you' from one body to another, so you're a subhuman retard
>>
>>18515256
Woops didn't finish the comments.

Some aspects of aging seem to be related to how the organelles are packaged in the cell. So in those early aging children there are like bubbles between the nucleus and cytoplasm and it's not well understand why it causes the effects of aging. How the DNA is packaged and read also changes over time.
>>
>>18515269
No, you actually can't, because if you could you'd realize nothing is "moved" when you copy and paste. You make a copy and install that COPY into the new vessel. The same thing is true with fucking computer files. You're not "moving" anything. People who use this "muh zombie robit" retard argument literally don't know enough about computers to have an opinion on the subject. You can't even grasp basic software concepts, but you think you're going to turn into a robot?

YES, this actually means you are a literal subhuman retard who CAN'T THINK.
>>
>>18515283
You're constricting concepts of altering human consciousness into the copy paste function on your computer. If anyone is a subhuman retard incapable of thought, I'd have to argue that it's you. But keep typing in all caps, that'll make you look at least halfway intelligent, right?
>>
>>18515291
It's the exact same process, you idiot.
>>
>>18513499
Biologist here, CRISPR is neat, but only has a programmable binding domain. Meaning we can target specific sections of DNA it's still pretty far from being up to this task. The insertion protocol is basically spray and pray.

Throw a bunch of nucleotide sequences at it, and hope the DNA repair enzymes incorporate one of them after the break. They might grab zero, one, two, twelve.... Who knows.

Also, imagine doing this for every single cell in your body. Several times. If you were still a zygote, it would be feasible but I wouldn't count on this kind of gene editing helping anyone but your theoretical children.
>>
>>18511576
Singularity. Once we achieve this it will allow us to UL/DL consciousness. Basically YOU will be data that can be stored indefinitely, hence immortal. Bearing in mind that as long as there is technology available to keep the data safe.
>>
>>18515634
>UL/DL consciousness
So people who believe in muh robot body can't read either, right? That's what you're telling me.
>>
>>18515661
I can read just fine. Problem?
>>
>>18515535
I didn't realize you'd done it successfully. Congratulations, you're years ahead of the brightest scientific communities on Earth!
>>
>>18511634
Not immortal but expanded life, most definitely sure. I think the average age of death should increase to around 100. I don't think immortality should be doled out to everyone, because humans are fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>18512269

uh oh spaghetti-os looks like everyone knows the truth and that it's easier to transfer consciousness from neuron to neuron instead of from neuron to machine
>>
File: wtf.gif (246KB, 212x199px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
246KB, 212x199px
>>18511576
>implying I want to live forever in this shit life
>>
>>18516121
This man has the right answer.

>>18515661
>>18515291
>>18515283
>>18515269
>>18515133
>if I copy the information from one vessel to another, the vessels, and information, will be identical!

Who is to say your consiousness will transfer to said vessel, and you won't just get an imperfect copy walking around mimicking your soul?
>>
>>18511576
on a body programmed to decay over time?
>>
>>18511661
Underrated
>>
I want to be the only immortal on earth though, I want to be the first and only immortal human in history.
>>
>>18517333
nice triplets
>>
>>18517689
Have fun floating in a starless void, alone and unable to die, when the heat death of the universe happens.
>>
>>18511576
re-read this comment, i guarantee you will achieve immortality xx
>>
Reproduction. Every parents knows this lol.
>>
>>18511576
https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=vlBAKAESSg4C
Here a possible starting point.

The person to live past 1000 years old has already been born, but isn't immortal yet.
>>
>>18511652
I always thought this was stupid.
If being made of metal is better, then why are we made flesh? Metal rust and needs regular manual maintenance. Then i realized it's because flesh is more flexible and adaptable. You can build a flesh to grow as strong as a steel, but not be as rigid. Or maybe make itself rigid for a bit and then proceed to be flesh. Or perhaps a metal produced from your flesh, but shed when not needed. Then we can go further and create biological modifications to adapt to any obstacle. Machines made flesh would be a true solution. Though i guess at some point the line between organic and mechanical would be unimportant in the pursuit of innovation, which i think would be a success.
>>
>>18514446
don't forget it goes beyond quantum physics, as is the nature of our fractal/recursive universe. scientists don't even understand quantum physics enough yet to see the next yet.
>>
>>18516994
he means the data of consciousness as well which may or may not be possible outside of this thought experiment
>>
>>18515982
i don't think immortality should be kept secret
vandal savage
>>
Infinite amounts of kidney Jing makes one immortal. You would have to create a Qi energy body, purify all meridians with plenty of Qi. Open main energy centers and connect them so all colors of Qi mix together as a preparation for Rainbow Body.

With strong kidney Jing the mixture of Qi with it creates Shen/light to open the pineal gland as a holographic sensor. The amrita fluid from pineal gland forms a shen elixir that further alters the meridians by restoring optimal genetic programming.

And then . . .
>>
Depends on your definition of immortality. I'd say the most likely way will not involve having a body, but an upload of our consciousness.
>>
We are all already immortal because we are all part of the infinite consciousness that we will return to when we die. Humanity is so small compared to the Infinite, why would you want to stay?
>>
>>18511576
Nanomachines son. The 3 biggest factors that result in death are Age, Trauma, or Sickness. With nano-machines installed into our bodies, we can regenerate cells at an accelerated rate to prevent aging. We can use them similar to fight infections, and we use them to enhance our bones,muscle tissue, and skin to make it so it is practically impossible for us to get hurt.

Now we just have to wait for robotics and medicine to have a breakthrough to implement these into people.
>>
>>18519196
>We are all already immortal because we are all part of the infinite consciousness that we will return to when we die. Humanity is so small compared to the Infinite, why would you want to stay?

I'll just stay a few billion years, maybe a few trillion years, then go on to infinity afterwards when I am bored, I just like having the choice you know.
>>
>>18519967
damn this thread is fire lol
>>
>>18511576
You don't want it. You have know idea just how long "forever" really is.
>>
>>18518958
I don't think anyone deserves immortality. Reduced suffering? yes.
>>
>>18513499
we live in promising, but also dangerous times my friend. I am far from convinced that immortality is feasible, nor morally aight.
>>
>>18513285
Fuck off Descartes
>>
Well I want to be immortal like an Asguardian or a Vampire. Practically immortal , but not really, just long lived, where I don't age, but only die by other means such as decapitation or incineration.
>>
>>18511576
NANO MACHINES SON
(Literally.) (It is real...)
>>
>>18518958
>i don't think immortality should be kept secret
>vandal savage
Vandal Savage is immortal... but then so is Superman
>>
>>18519110
Sigh...... well..
I find this very funny because your troll is actually pretty close to how it is done, theres a small yet fatal mistake in your approach though lol...
>>
>>18519110
Also by mixing qi of all attributes together you create an invisible/transparent universal(/'chaos') qi.

Also more important than the body cultivation(/refinement) is, the comprehension of laws.
Unless you comprehend enough, your foundation will be flawed, meaning the body cultivation(/refinement) gets wasted as it follows your comprehension.

>>18513366 is the only way to do it correctly without limiting your own potentional and without side-effects.
>>
>>18522670
>potentional
potential*
>>
File: b31.jpg (36KB, 528x492px) Image search: [Google]
b31.jpg
36KB, 528x492px
i chose to believe dark souls canon. we are all undeD at various levels on our way to becoming hollow, the more powerful and successful of us can wield gigantic magic weapons that cost them trillions of souls to be strong enough to lift, some the size of buildings. dont roll off a cliff...
>>
>>18522705
You see, in Dark Souls the Flame (Qi energy) is fading from the universe. The undead are branded with a dark hole in the middle of their foreheads, which inevitably drains away their Qi until they go mad and become nothing but husks. And of course, accumulating tons of Qi makes you a Saiyan-magi.

Actually pretty accurate, though I'm not sure what the curse of the darksign is supposed to represent... And I believe the human age is one of a mixture of Light/Dark, as both qualities are present in humans - being undead is a 'condition'.
>>
>>18522448
Superman it's not inmortal, not like Vandal Savage is, he's just harder to kill.

>>18522874
Necromancy it's a kind of inmortality.
>>
>>18511576
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>18522882
Can you elaborate on Necromancy and it's relationship to Dark Souls? I'm guessing the Darkwraith-concept applies, where you drain other people of their humanity to prolong your own life/energy sources? But that seems like building a glass house...
>>
>>18515128
You just perfectly described the Necrons in WH40K.
>>
You have to find a way to slow down the ways your cells divide and grow and die. I forget where I heard it but theres meds that already do this only elites use.
>>
>>18511919
Another instance of the physical conditions that allow your mind to be would produce you. That you dont share the same subjective experience just speaks of you not having a channel to communicate perceptions and the relevant processes.
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.