[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why, oh why, do people ALWAYS tell me drugs are the answer to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

File: VOd5izJ.jpg (20KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
VOd5izJ.jpg
20KB, 540x405px
Why, oh why, do people ALWAYS tell me drugs are the answer to truth and enlightenment? Friends keep telling me to try acid and shrooms in particular. Altering the mind with hallucinogenic drugs doesn't change the real world, nothing you 'learn' will apply to reality.
>>
Try opening your mind, and expanding your narrow horizons.
>>
File: 1340758361617.png (303KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1340758361617.png
303KB, 350x350px
>>
File: StepfordCuckoos3-Mayhew.jpg (87KB, 414x530px) Image search: [Google]
StepfordCuckoos3-Mayhew.jpg
87KB, 414x530px
>hasnt tried it
>"it doesnt do anything"

case closed I guess
>>
>>18510077
drugs are one of those things you dont know unless you try.
>nothing you 'learn' will apply to reality
How does that even make sense? on my trips ive made MANY realizations. Gotten out of bed, made friends. Rebuilt family members because i saw a life i did not want (thank acid and shrooms) when you come out you feel like a new person.
>>
>>18510087
>>18510110
Fucking this, God damnit.
>>
>>18510096
this
it will never make you reach constant state of enlightenment but it will tell you enough about your subconsciousness to progress further.
>>
>>18510087
>>18510096
>>18510110
>>18510121

Hmm. Well meme'd, I guess?

OP isn't wrong, guys. So far I've seen you guys defend drugs without offering anything to the OP.

Coming from a fairly heavy drug user, I can tell ya, OP, these guys and the ones you mention in your post are just meme'ing the idea that drugs even give you answers to those questions. You aren't going to find the answers that way. Maybe do some reading on human behavior and psychology. You can learn and get a better understanding of the human condition. Drugs are still cool, but they don't automagically answer questions about the universe.
>>
>>18510077
Assume you are in an entrance to a room. You've been looking at this room all your life from that point. Drugs can simply make you take a step in, or out.
>>
>>18510077

You are not equipped to see the real world. Shrooms aka Dmt show you the real world, and ten million better man than you knew it and know it.
>>
>>18510129
Well there is a difference between drugs in general and psychedelics. Especially while used properly: With a guide/shaman and a mission to uncover something. It is a great tool that can give you answers if you use it properly.
>>
>>18510141
>falling for the shaman meme
you are your best shaman tbqhmd
>>
>>18510141
Yeah, I understand the difference, though. Psychedelics are a viable tool, I agree, but I don't think it's even necessary for greater understanding. A lot of certain people would benefit from it (and probably should experience it for their own sake), but I think OP is looking for alternatives.

>>18510147
Shamans do exist. They're very good at what they do, and there's a reason people tell stories about them providing direction during drug trips.
>>
>>18510155
Well I view them as useful stepping stone for some if they want to embark on their journey. Obviously it wont help you too far (since that requires lots of time and energy) but to deal with the surface issues that one has it is legit.
>>
>>18510077
true true
>>
>>18510077
why are you asking your dipshit stoner friends about enlightenment anyway? sell your shit and go join a buddhist monastery.

also, rule number one of enlightenment is no bitching.
>>
>>18510077
God I can't tell if you're a bigger idiot or a bigger loser. You don't deserve friends you fucking twerp bitch pathetic punk
>>
>>18510165
>>18510155
not that anon but this is what I've heard. as I understand it, there isn't really one right way to enlightenment, but there are many tools that do different things that can help you get there, and psychedelics are one of those tools.

anybody else here feel a desire to become enlightened but also feel afraid of it? like you'd be crossing a point of no return.
>>
>>18510173
That is just your ego trying to preserve itself.
>>
File: 1475344119008.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475344119008.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
>>18510077
It only feels like everything makes sence while you're on drugs. The best thing drugs ever did for me is convince me to stop doing drugs. Theres lots of other ways to gain insight into life.
>>
>>18510077
the answer to truth and enlightenment? the real world? what are these things? who are you? what are you?

i'm guessing you were force fed anti drug"evidence" your whole life. or maybe you saw some people get addicted or have some bad reactions. you don't need entheogens to reach enlightenment, but if you're smart about it, they won't hurt.

>>18510129
the answers to what questions? read the op again. doesn't even know what ask. i could offer you numerous examples of what acid and shrooms can do but i have to get ready for work.

also: stop overusing the word meme. it makes you sound boring. there are much more specific words you could be using.
>>
>>18510077

Psychedelic drugs like LSD or psilocybin mushrooms just temporarily knock you out of the rut of your normal mindset, way of thinking, preconceived notions about yourself and others, etc. It's the closest you can get to seeing yourself through someone else's eyes for a while.

Sometimes that reveals personal blindspots, increased awareness of how you come off to other people in your appearance/mannerisms, ideas you wouldn't normally come up with, and alternative interpretations. Helped me realize I was being a cynical dickwad and pushing others away, that my excuses for continuing to be a hamplanet were bullshit, and generally sparked some highly positive changes in my life.
>>
That's why their illegal.
You have to follow the system.
>>
>i have found truth and enlightenment
>better post about it on a Taiwanese cartoon forum
>>
>>18510129
>it didn't work for me
>so it can't work for anybody else
>>
>>18510077
we know drugs exist and that they have a very real effect upon people

that's more that can be said of 99% of the things we discuss here
>>
>>18510077
drugs are shit, you should look for different friends
>>
>>18510077
I've never done drugs, but I think there might actually be something to that idea OP.

I mean, I don't think drugs are any magical mystical thing or whatever. Basically I think drugs are the equivalent of a big finger pressing down on an LCD screen and producing all kinds of colors that look nice but area ultimately pointless.

However, imagine you're a calculator and all you've ever known was black and white. Having that finger press down on you and show you colors you've never seen would actually give you insight into your own makeup.

That's sort of what I'm thinking drugs might do. By fucking up the processes in your brain it might actually give you a better understanding of how your brain works or maybe even some insight into how consciousness works at a fundamental level or something.

I still don't think I'd do any really hard drugs though. But maybe I'd smoke some weed to give it a shot. If there's something to the whole idea then I might consider trying something a little harder.
>tfw too nerdy to ever get asked to try drugs in school
>>
>>18510137
>Shrooms aka Dmt

Psychedelic mushrooms do not contain DMT, anon. The psychoactive substance in mushrooms is psilocybin, DMT is found in plants such as Mimosa Tenuiflora (Tepezcohuite) or Psychotria Viridis (Chacruna).
Inform yourself.
>>
File: 1483640128707.jpg (8KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
1483640128707.jpg
8KB, 290x174px
>>18510077
>if you use drugs for enlightenment your life is based on lies
>>
I'm just going to leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrYvH71tqrE
>>
>>18511205
>I mean, I don't think drugs are any magical mystical thing or whatever. Basically I think drugs are the equivalent of a big finger pressing down on an LCD screen and producing all kinds of colors that look nice but area ultimately pointless.
Funny you say that. Supposedly there are colors that can only be seen after having done LSD. Don't know if it's true or not, but it's one of those rumors that's been around for so long that I've just accepted that it's true without any actual evidence.
>>
memes is the answer
>>
>>18512990

It's true.

t. LSD user of 15+ years
>>
>>18510077
You can find enlightenment and truth without them, drugs just help bridge that gap quicker.
>>
>>18510077
It's not worth devoting your life to, but a good acid or shroom trip or three might show you a thing or two. It alters your perspective and shows you just how uncertain we are of our own humanity. It may flip on a switch in your brain too that's long lasting. Shrooms have been reported to treat depression fairly well, also.
>>
>>18510077

Hi there OP.
Drugs certainly aren't the end all, but if you're already on the path then taking some LSD can help trigger ego death, giving you a frame of reference to look for during meditation. Despite not "affecting the real world", it can pave the way to great understanding.

As above, so below; as within, so without.
>>
Psychedelic are a shortcut to "enlightenment". The thought processes that come with psychedelic drug use are attainable sober but are harder to reach. There is nothing wrong with them per se, but alot of people who do them act like prophets and talk out of their ass because they did psychedelics once.
>>
1) A child is not told that he is not the biological son of his father who actually adopted him when he was born. However, he appears in a photograph with his parents on the day they were married.

2) A young woman is raped when she is in college. She keeps this a secret from her family, friends, and the police. This secret stays with her for ten years before she finally reveals it to her therapist.

3) A father of young children has a dark secret known by no one but his wife. He wears women's underwear under his clothes. He hides this when he is out of the house but the underwear shows when he is at home. He and his wife deny the fact that everyone in the family probably suspects what he is doing.
>>
>>18513431

wat
>>
>>18510129

The idea isn't so much in receiving and coming to answers so much as it is to open up to alternatives and possibilities. Some are able to reach this open mindset naturally, while others require assistance. All is as it should be.

The drugs are literally just a push or shortcut to alternative styles of thinking. It doesn't necessarily mean they're needed or should always be pusued to achieve a shift in perspective.
>>
>>18513408
Yeah. It just goes to show that people are idiots.

There's a certain principle in psychology that says the people who claim to know everything about a certain subject know very little, and those who claim to know nothing know more than others. It's because the more you know, the more you know that you don't know, y'know?
>>
>>18513614
It's no different with psychedelics. Infact the principle would probably suit psychedelics the most. You have people claiming that they have seen the meaning of life that go on to ruin it for others the next day because they feel like it.
>>
>>18510147
Try to be your own shaman on a bad DMT trip and you'll see why this statement is a load of shit. You can't guide yourself out of hell if you don't know the way out so to speak.

There's definitely people out there we call "shamans" who are more experienced at handling these sorts of experiences and guiding people through them.
>>
>>18510096
this, OP obviously is a faggot
>>
>>18510207
>who are you? what are you?
Who cares? These are just naval gazing questions.
>>
>>18511263
Shrooms actually do contain a large amount of dmt in an orally available form without the need of a MAOI inhibitor that you use for ayauasca. The form is phosplated dmt
>>
>>18515519
They are very molecularly similar, but they are certainly not the same.
>>
File: framed.jpg (106KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
framed.jpg
106KB, 1080x720px
>>18511275

drugs can alter mental states and enable strange things
>>
File: Tfw yee.png (69KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
Tfw yee.png
69KB, 326x326px
>>18510077
Consider the fact that reality as you know it is merely a representation of your environment constructed by your brain. A model of the universe that your brain builds in it's attempt to understand the stimuli you receive through your senses. This fact coupled with the fact that your brain is a physical, chemical structure and that "truth" and "enlightenment" are concepts that exist in an entirely subjective and mental/emotional plane, it's definitely not hard to understand how drugs, which by definition alter your mind, would help you discover new things about your mind and therefore reality itself that you may come to know as truth or enlightenment. Drugs are definitely not necessary but they do open new doors and patterns of thought that might help you find the right path for your own journey to what you would consider enlightenment.
>>
Its for everyone op
It helped me advance in some artistic stuff and felt very trippy and "enlightened" while under the influence but after its gone you realize you where just tripping.
My fav psychedelic is datura brugmansia its risky but kind of a mindfuck
I have yet to see anyone on x or for that matter 4chan talk about their scopolamine experiences. But if anyone did I'm willing to get into a discussion about stuff
>>
>>18516856
Its *not for everyone
Sorry
>>
>>18510096
I've tried it that enlightenment stuff is bullshit. Every time i've done i had my head up my ass without realizing it then woke up the next day thinking that was stupid.
>>
>>18516861
you're doing it wrong
>>
>>18516861
In my own personal path to enlightenment, I've learned that the first step was understanding the limitations of our own understanding.
>>
File: 1484063910816.jpg (165KB, 640x533px) Image search: [Google]
1484063910816.jpg
165KB, 640x533px
>>18516827
Source: my ass
>>
Drugs are parasitic entities that get their hosts to try and infect others. Not worth it.
>>
Psychedelics won't help you learn anything just by taking them. However altering your consciousness is an amazing way of taking a look at everything you do know from a different perspective.
>>
>>18516870
>>18516872
If you guys think the hallucinations you have are real or that you think delusions are trustworthy I hope you find better answers in life.
>>
>>18516883

Pretty much your entire personality is a byproduct of drugs.
>>
>>18513431
Wtf wearing women's underwear isn't that dark of a secret. How american.
>>
Psychedelics are really rather entheogens than hallucinogens, at higher "breakthrough" doses the more powerful ones (DMT, Ayahuasca, Salvia, Psilocybin, LSD) can literally transport your consciousness out of your body and into higher (or lower) dimensional spaces, as well as bring them/their native entities to our 3d realm. I've read too many trip reports and experienced too much otherwise unexplainable things on these substances. Divine chemicals basically.

Plus, psychedelics obviously can have a profound effect on your mindset, life philosophy, and way of being for a long time after a trip, usually on the positive side. You just have to make sure to treat these chemicals with respect. Take mind of your set and setting before/during a trip and whatnot.
>>
>>18510077
Druggies trip and then want to make their wasted time feel relevant and important.

If you need drugs to be creative and enlightened then you yourself are neither.
>>
>>18510077
Yay you're smarter than your friends now ditch them and the idea of enlightenment and just spend your days being productive and happy. It's not a destination or anything specific. It's just a "nice" way of being selfish and putting your enjoyment and understanding of your life in simple people terms. So sick of seeing it be spoken about in long ridiculous discussions about drugs and euphoria. Please.
>>
File: 8d3.png (26KB, 437x435px) Image search: [Google]
8d3.png
26KB, 437x435px
>>18516894
enlightenment is not hallucinations
those are two different things.
>>
>>18510206

read >>18510141
>Well there is a difference between drugs in general and psychedelics
>>
I'll be as honest as possible here so
take the advice of this post into consideration before you do anything.

Listen to yourself not what others have to say. If you want to do them that's your choice. if you don't want to do them that's your choice.

They're not going to do anything spectacular for you but I've found that people on drugs like mushrooms/mdma/lsd/marijuana are more themselves than drugs like alcohol/cocaine/speed.

Look into the side effects and ask yourself if you want to roll the dice on possibly receiving any of those.

If you you want to hallucinate be sure to be emotionally strong and aware that any revelations/visions/feelings you come to are fake.

In short drugs give people a false sense of security or false sense of enlightenment. They temporarily fill a void, provide a feeling that one wishes they had, or trick the brain into allowing the person to shamelessly behave in a manner that they deem ideal.

With that being said you already have many keys to many doors you just need to figure out which room you want to enter and which outfit you feel most comfortable in.
>>
>>18510077
As someone who barely did any drugs i do believe some drugs are a shortcut to spirituallity, and thius probably to enlightment. For example weed will make you go of the usual thinking patterns and will let you theorize about stuff in more depth, but since thoughts are often racing it also makes it harder to focus on one thought

Furthermore one concept is that every truth out there is also inside you, so exploring yourself is exploring the universe and some drugs will let you explore yourself from a new angle, especially psychodelic ones (surely not all though, and not for everyone)

That being said most people saying this are probably as far away from enlightment as can be and are the psychodelic equivalent of "dude, weed lmao"
>>
>hey /x/ i have a story that is definitely paranormal!!!
>be me
>smoking weed/taking acid/shooting up/etc
Instantly disregarded

It's one thing to have a paranormal experience, it's another to bake your brains until you see shit that isn't actually there
>>
>>18517666
To be fair, weed shouldnt make you see shit unless it was mixed with something else. About the others in /x/ stories i feel the same though
>>
>>18510077
The answers you get from drugs aren't going to be any more or less meaningless than the ones you get without them.
>>
File: 1478315199827.gif (2MB, 400x260px) Image search: [Google]
1478315199827.gif
2MB, 400x260px
>>18510077
Drugs are like looking at the problem of like algebraically. Not everyone is meant to be spiritual though, most of your friends are like you, and stupid.
>>
>>18517577
Seconding this
>>
>>18516883
https://youtu.be/vxj8xjWEwNw
>>
>>18510077
When I had a bad trip on mushrooms. It was so intense, fear and discomfort and anxiety poured into every nerve in my body. The closest way I could describe it is like the exact opposite of an orgasm, but like everywhere in your body and for several hours. Its not like you can fight it or resist it either, that only makes it worse, you have to embrace it. Even if it is bad. It ate away at my ego, I could feel that voice in my head drifting away until all I could no longer have my own thoughts. My ego died. Its really hard to explain unless you have been there and felt that kind if thing. The closest experience I have had to that before was being on the verge of death, very similar. I don't regret it at all but it is defiantly an experience I wouldn't want to repeat.
>>
>>18510077
people who say that are idiots. I've done mushrooms countless times as well as acid. They are not an answer to truth or enlightenment. Maybe if your spiritual they will make you feel that way but if you aren't you're just going to have a good or bad time depending on your surroundings and state of mind.

>>18519978
This is actually a pretty good description of a bad trip. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. it's the worst thing I have ever felt. Worse than when I got hit by a car.
>>
>>18510077
I get deja vu more often and it lasts longer after i did shrooms. What i mean by longer is it used to be quick like a second of "oh i did this before" but now its like 4 to 6 seconds and i realize it halfway and i still don't change it cause that shit is scary.
>>
>>18510077
well it kinda does, just look far back enough and you will find it ALL applies to reality
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.