[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop shitposting for a second.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 21

File: XCOMed_2.jpg (17KB, 323x400px) Image search: [Google]
XCOMed_2.jpg
17KB, 323x400px
Let's be real about a few things here.
All of us currently reading this were born and came into existence at some point. Our concious minds became active and started making memories.

My earliest are probably around age 2 since I still remember crawling. My oldest memories and dreams were very primitive, I mostly thought in pictures. And as hard as I try I can't seem to remember anything before that.

No one really knows what happens when we die, or if we ever existed at all before we had memories. Its hard to think that my mass of cells just sprung into existence and suddenly I became concious and aware of my thoughts.

And on the way out that it could go the same way, that I simply become nothing. The longer i've gone on in life, the more crazy it seems that no one seems to question these two entry and exit points in life.

Sure we've got a million relegions and beliefs, but somehow understanding the answers seems to be at the back of everyone's minds. Maybe there's a gene that keeps us from fixating on it, or a part of the brain. Maybe its all a simulation and thats one of the failsafes keeping people unaware. As far as that theory goes, anything I say here effectively wouldn't matter since none of you probably exist, and everything that bounced back was either made up by my own concious or a computer.

The bottom line is, we, assuming we're all real and not figments. Have no idea what happens before and after conciousness, and we seem no closer now to finding the answer than we were when I was a 4 year old learning to use a computer.

Why do you think that is?
>>
Well go drop a hammer on your toe and tell me how real that doesn't feel.

Go live your life as if tomorrow doesn't exist and see how far that will get you.
>>
>>18506635

Basically this.
>>
>>18506635
I'm not doubting that what we experience is real or not. I'm asking why understanding life and death aren't bigger priorities in people's minds.
>>
I have no where else to share, so I will share my amusing story here.
There is this horrible person I know, he is 39 yrs old now and he lives with his 42 yr old brother, both are African-Americans and they fall into every single negative stereotype.
Both are practically evil beings. Like demons in human form.
For the last five years, they live in a 1bd rm apt, it is soo filthy, thick black mold all over the bathroom. One works and the older one gets free social security along with medicare.
They are extremely openly racist, without even knowing it. They hate all races except for blacks. They ignore all black crime and say all other races only commit crime for example.
The 39 yr old practically has no friends now, he only lies cheats and steals from people. He knows how to act perfectly nice and is very outgoing, only to get close like a psychopath, only to hurt and steal everything he can and walk away.
I had hexed for their tv to break, it was a tv stolen from their last roommate they burned by not paying rent and skipping out.
So they had an old pc that I taught them how to use. They play StarWarsOldRepublic like 20 hours a day. The Windows Vista pc was so slow, it had a framerate of 20fps when they played and they didn't even care. I hexed for their pc to stop working recently.
A year of ignoring me, that fat bastard calls me and asks if I can fix his computer, this bastard was the one that always accused me of putting viruses on his pc when I once showed him a youtube trailer. So now they can't play on his PC and do whatever they did on there.
From what I know, all they did was sit at home the most of the year and played on that PC. Whenever they went out, they would order food and lie about the bill and never tip!!
Well for the last couple of weeks, I guess their only entertainment was using FB, that guy would post 10s and 10s of random videos a day from his expensive iPhone.
So my last hex was for him to lose FB... (1/2)
>>
>>18506730
(2/2)
I couldn't even wait. I went on his old myspace and took his pics and made a new FB account. I added all his friends and family, and made multiple more accounts. Then I reported his FB as being an imposter. They banned that son of bitch, and then I terminated all my fake accs.
Well I just felt really good and happy about that one. I can feel this disappointment. He had like 200 people on his friend list. Most whom are fake friends that lived in places like Alaska and shit.
One time when going to a movie theatre, he demanded that I give him money for tickets so it wouldn't be sold out, I said no thank-you, but he kept saying he didn't want it to be sold out, he took my $20 and gave me the ticket and that was that, I didn't even ask about change, that is how brazen he is.
I just know what little he has, and FB was a big part of it. If he makes another FB I will do the same thing again.
So in the end, I am hoping he has no TV, no PC, no FB on his phone, whilst paying a huge cable bill. They are beyond evil and ignorant, I just want their hell on earth to be with no earth pleasures. This all happened a couple of hours ago, I feel soo fucking good, I just wanted to share.
>>
>>18506736
What are their names, it shouldn't matter to you why I want them, right?
>>
>>18506736
(3/2)
I had hexed for the 39 yr old to wreck his car, I want him to rear end an off-duty police offers car and then drive off, because that is what he would do, hit and run.
I drove by his house and was soo angry that his car looked to be in mint condition. It is no fair! I considered just vandalizing it, taking a foam spray can and filling up his muffler pipe in the middle of the night. I have not the courage to do so.
Well I did drive by his apt and saw no dents. I was soo furious. I can't believe my magiks did not work there. I know him to be a maniacal driver and I want him to pay for that. He will pay for being a dangerously reckless driver. He will have to bum rides off coworkers who will eventually hate and despise him, he will then get fired. Glory and justice cannot come soon enough. Damnit hexes work faster! I put so much work into these spells!
>>
We are all one being, spilit into several subbeings. You die, you just merge with someone else. Where do you think dreams come from?
>>
>>18506748
Tony and D.
D is a evil bastard, he has a low IQ. I had shared him everything about me. I always tried to act like a saint, I buy him food, I am kind, whatever, but I did tell him about my sorcery, not quite believing it myself, but not thinking he would also believe me, I think he did. I spent great time focusing on making Ds life a living hell. Absolute hell through only mystical forces, just to show him what a lying delusional bastard he was. Apparently nothing can get through to him so I gave up, even Hell on earth could not change his ways.
But Tony, I turn my attention now to the 39 yr old slimy-snake, I prefer my vengeance to be a dish served cold, and it is time for my dinner. It is delicious.
>>
>>18506625
You mean like thinking about religion and philosophy? A lot of people do that.

We have lots of answers, just no definitive proof for any of it. Science is still in it's baby shoes when it comes to understanding what conscioussness is, so looking beyond it (I doubt that these are the right words for it, as far as I understand there's only eternal conscioussness with nothing beyond it), is too much to ask of it right now.
>>
>>18506766
Well eat up, but they say what goes around comes around. The utensils you seek and use to devour your meal might turn themselves at you, and with hunger gnawing at their pit a much more frigid dish like you would do.
>>
>>18506780
You speak from moral goodness, caution, and common sense.

The moment you step into my supernatural world it all goes out the window. I know things and have learned things outside of written folklores.
I really wish I could share some of it with you. Karma is a huge thing at /x/, especially witchcraft, but in my case I totally don't believe it exists. The real world should show that to you. Endless crimes everyday , throughout history. It is up to you to bring justice if no one else will.
>>
We do know what happens after death: consciousness disappears, as it is an emergent property of the human body. This is reasonable in the same way that saying that the active operating system and functionality of a computer is destroyed when one smashes the computer into small pieces. Unless it can be shown otherwise, this is the way things are as best we know it.

It's also profoundly spiritual, the false spirituality is to write your own desires and wants upon reality, to want an afterlife so badly that you are convinced there is one because you want one, or a God, or whatever. False spirituality is in narratives, postulates, beliefs, and claims, true spirituality is human experience, it is breathing, feeling, fucking, shitting, loving, and all other things.
>>
>>18506851
Nice to see you've taken my advice and tried to expand on your ideas. Some issues though:

There is no way to ever experience nothing. You didn't "experience nothing" before you were born because your mind didn't exist. When I die, my mind existed. It was created before death, and it existed as part of the universe (as I am energy).

You can't experience nothingness. Nothing is the lack of reality, and reality always exist.
>>
>>18506625
how do you know consciousness ends after you die? really anything could happen. we actually don't know very much about consciousness.

heres a few (incredibly farfetched) possibilities:
>u find out life is a simulation
>your consciousness is transferred to some other thing
>after like a kajillion years, the collection of cells and atoms that control your consciousness are rejoined in a way that gives you consciousness again. would happen if that sort of thing controls consciousness and also time is infinite and nonrepeating (which would mean everything that can happen will happen)
>>
>>18506851
How are you so sure that human consciousness is emergent from the body? Lots of smart people are aware of this theory and think differently.

I believe we are receptors for consciousness, not creators of it, personally.
>>
>>18506928
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQLypwgqefc
>>
>>18506928
I'm surprised how many logical people assume this.

Our conscience it's part of our bodies, wich are part of nature, consciousness it's a basic function of the organ we call brain.

Somatic perception it's located in the cerebellum and it's a basic component of the brain structure shared with all the animal kingdom, every living thing in this planet has a degree of conciousness.

It's not an advanced state, on the contrary.

Self perception, self image, awareness, metacognition, etc.

All derive from this basic somatic perception.
>>
File: 8908iMLBED.jpg (6KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
8908iMLBED.jpg
6KB, 256x192px
>>18506625
>Stop shitposting for a second.
>>
>>18506965
I did an incredible taxing hex curse. It was about two years ago against a so-called Christian. He believed Jesus Christ would protect him and solve all his problems and projected his anger on me to demand that I get baptized to become a better Christian.
Well I know for a fact that Christianity is fake. I hexed him so that family member, such as his mother would get struck with cancer. Let's see how your faith in Jesus will protect you from pain that I willfully inflict through hexes.
The bad luck curse worked in the best possible ways, but I had no idea the specific cancer curse worked, last week as I was searching for information on him, I saw on his sister Facebook page that his mother just finished chemotherapy. She had a rag on her head, typical from hair falling out. I have read that chemo is one of the most physically painful things a person can feel.
That old bitch got to eat a piece of hell because her son dared my power. Aside from the shambles of his personal life, I got to break his faith and teach him a wonderful lesson in misery. Gosh I want to goad in front of him, how my life is pure bliss and how he lives in a self-imposed shit storm.
I really consider calling him up by pre-paid cellphone, to pretend my old phone didn't work, and talk to him as if I was still always the great friend that I had always been.
The thing is I wonder if I should pretend to be a super Christian, by having a line of scriptures and quotes to blast at him, be joining a local Church just to say that I do attend, just to mock the fuck out of him, or if I should just say that I am not religious and brag about how perfect life is. I don't know what to do! Hahahaha
>>
>>18506928
If consciousness wasn't emergent from the body, traumatic brain injuries would have no effect on personality or perception. Lobotomies wouldn't have altered anything about a person either. You are a meat puppet controlled by the nervous system ("you").
>>
>>18506965
>>18507077
I posted that reply because that old lady in ur pic looks exactly like his mother. She looks like the 2nd pic now tho hahahaa
>>
>>18506779
Understanding the human brain or the source of conciousness doesn't seem to be moving anywhere though. They're hardly even trying.
>>
>>18506730
>>18506736
>>18506748
>>18506749
>>18506766
>>18506780
>>18506843
Shitposter roundup, get out.
>>
>>18506851
Sure that's everyone's experience, but there's still no science that clearly understands or defines what conciousness is. Or how to give conciousness to something else.

>>18506923
I don't know that conciousness ends, I know what peoples beliefs are, but I don't see any serious efforts to prove it. People on the verge of death talk about "light at the end of tunnels" but that could just be a sideeffect of brain death or one of the components of conciousness losing its connection. There should be study into connecting and disconnecting conciousness over and over til we find something.

>>18506928
When I was a kid I experienced a lot of weird shit you can chalk up to not being grounded in reality. I remember some car rides thinking about different objects and having this image in my head of thousands of other kids tapping into a global network and pulling thoughts from there. This was prior to everyone having internet at home. Something small to add I guess.

>>18506952
>conciousness is a basic function of the brain
>somatic perception
What area of science pursues this, and why aren't they actively producing more information?

>>18507098
>lobotomies
You have a point, but it could also be that those are just components of expression of conciousness, and that the actual conciousness hasnt gone anywhere. Kind of like when a coma patient recovers with brain damage and cant speak or move, but is still aware and percieves and hears you.
>>
>>18508112
>lobotomies
>separating "components of consciousness"
seems like you're grasping for straws. If it's arbitrary to fuck with components of consciousness with head injuries, why isn't the whole concept of consciousness easily fuck-withable through injury?
>>
>>18506625
People who are about to die often speak with the dead, or see the dead.

Coincidences don't exist, not in classic nor quantum physics.

Everything has a thread of fate, and thus everything has a beginning an an end.

If all things must have something to become off, and something to turn into, so does the abstract. The afterlife exists, except it's nit AFTERlife - it's a continuation and transcendence.
>>
>>18508267
I'm not "grasping at straws" I'm trying to understand consciousness.

We don't know if consciousness expresses itself without its components, because we have no way of measuring it without the body. Thats why I wondered if there were any tests done where they try to cycle someone as closely in and out of a "death state" as possible without killing them. I assume shock makes that mostly impossible right?

>>18508341
Can your shitposting please, adults are trying to have a valid discussion.
>>
File: Brain-Growth-Emotions.jpg (44KB, 451x327px) Image search: [Google]
Brain-Growth-Emotions.jpg
44KB, 451x327px
>>18508112
>What area of science pursues this, and why aren't they actively producing more information?

It's called somatic psychology, it started with the gestalt school and includes the line of research of people like William Reich, it's actively opposed to cognitive psychology.

A recent decent researcher it's Dr. Allan Schore from UCLA, he proposes affect regulation as the Origin of the Self.

The emotional experiences from our first two years determine what our Von Economo neurons define as our emotional identity, from then on, you build a personality and a mental structure around those fundamental experiences.
>>
>>18508497
Going to have to ask for more information, what does he mean
>Von Economo neurons
Please explain

>first two years
Sounds more reasonable than the entire childhood trauma, though Im of the mind that genetics play at least some role in a person's ability to respond to mental trauma, whether they immediately use those tools or not.

Which would explain why some people "learn to get over" fears and anxieties and make some sort of revelation, while others try the same then end up tolerating those same fears and anxieties their whole lives.
>>
>>18507098

>we are receptors for consciousness
>traumatic brain injuries would have no effect on personality or perception
non sequitur
>>
>>18506625
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

No, if anything you are a figment of my imagination.
>>
>>18506635
your reaction to the hammer hitting your toe is also not real. you aren't real, at least not here. neither are your feelings or reactions to this "reality"
>>
>>18506885
>You can't experience nothingness. Nothing is the lack of reality, and reality always exist.
this!
Information doesnt end.
>>
>>18506766
you sound like a giant piece of shit
>>
Ego death. Thats the final answer.
>>
>>18508977
Well I'm not, I am a saint. I am one of the most good human beings to ever exist. I don't know why anons always think badly of me when I describe what goes through my mind. I'm just not very good at explaining things I guess, I will work on that.
>>
>>18506625
the real awnser is pretty unfortunate.
think about plants and animals. they live, they breed, they die. we are no different from that.

we just want to feel special. something, ANYTHING beyond live, breed, die. all i know is when i have no wonder or feeling of purpose, i get depressed and empty. but in reality, our only purpose is to live, breed, die

sorry
>>
>>18509052
i missed a bit,
in terms of memory, its just development. it takes a long time for our brains to develops. something life 25 years? and everything in that 25 years we are taught.

the first 2 years of development are up to the parents. their actions will mould the childs personality for the rest of their life. babies need constant stimulation and lessons to prepare for that first sign of conscienceness. im supprised we dont have manditory courses designed to understand how the brains development works. all i can say is that in those first 2 years, its pure sub-conscience and instinct. am i even spelling this right? im not an english major.
>>
File: spindle.png (40KB, 170x368px) Image search: [Google]
spindle.png
40KB, 170x368px
>>18509082
>mandatory courses designed to understand how the brains development works

This right here.

>>18508518
Von Economo neurons are a group of distinctive neurons that are only found in us great apes and some kinds of whales, are larger that regular neurons and have an important role in the development of our self image and emotional structure.
>>
>>18506625
we are animals, and like any other animal when we die, we are gone forever, all the memories and everything else will be gone too, we won't feel anything because we won't exist anymore.

We should enjoy life while we can, because after life there is nothing, no hell, no heaven, not even an endless void of toughs, there is literally nothing, you can think that there will be something and that is fine, but the crude reality tells that there will be nothing.

the end of existence.
>>
>>18506625
I belive that the knowledge of what happens before and after we live is right in front of us, but we are simply too primitive and underdeveloped to comprehend it.

We are smart enough to see the problem, but not smart enough to see the solution. However, a solution must exist, whether we can comprehend it or not.
>>
>>18509132
>We are smart enough to see the problem, but not smart enough to see the solution. However, a solution must exist, whether we can comprehend it or not.

What if we build computers that can solve it for us? Like an AI? What if we biologically enhance our dna to be superhumans with higher intellect in the future?
>>
>>18509613
Maybe we can just think harder.
>>
>>18509621
If Newton, Galileo, or Einstein were alive today, they would be solving all sorts of stuff.
>>
>>18509104
That sounds cool
>>
>>18506625
>no one seems to question these two entry and exit points in life.
they do though. just because they're not randomly dropping everything and going "OH SHIT WHERE DO I GO WHEN I DIE" in front of you doesn't mean they're not questioning it. most people who have lived a couple decades or so have given it some thought. eventually you realise you'll never have the answers in this lifetime unless science somehow discovers something that explains it all. in the meantime they still have to pay the light bill and feed the cat and rake the leaves.

look, I remember what it's like to be 19 and having my first big existential crisis. but if you think nobody is questioning birth, life, or death, you have not been doing your research. like, at all.
>>
>>18508112
>What area of science pursues this, and why aren't they actively producing more information?
what, you want we should stop trying to cure cancer, explore space, and fix the environment and put every single scientist on this?

god. I bet you're one of those guys who orders ten different things at mcdonald's and then wants to talk to the manager because it wasn't ready in five seconds.
>>
>>18508687
a difference that makes no difference is no difference, etc.
>>
>>18506625
The concept youre trying to understand is no more feasable than learning what happens after the book ends, or before it began.

The human life is entirely metaphorical in its existence and sadly due to our understanding, entirely cruel.

I remember when i read a book called "house of the scorpion" it ended with the main character, after all his achievements and under-dog wins, he ventured off to a little cave, bathed in the spring there, and the book ended.

The author has published nothing more to the story and never will. There is no true closure, but think of this, what if they did? They could write out the characters entire life. But to what avail? It would end. For good, eventually.

This is a movement of reality. We exist. Then we dont. Whatever allows us to is not ours to know. It is our nature to challenge that, but its something we'll never be able to grasp.

The most likely answer is the energy stored within our mass is simply unable to support itself anymore, and it extinguishes. That is the answer that is most comforting because if its wrong, theres a small victory in that. But being at peace with yourself having an accepted answer frees you by a much larger margin.

So let go. Relax. Have a hot coco and call out sick tomorrow, enjoy an extra day to yourself. The time we get here is all we get.
>>
>>18506625
www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-we-living-in-a-computer-simulation/
>>
>>18508046
>hardly even trying
Well, that's the thing - where do you even start?

Oh shit I keep telling myself to never post on /x/ because people here tend to be really stupid but right now you guys seem to really be giving serious thought a chance.

Okay, so where to start? After life?
Well, we've tried to probe into the aftermath of life, but we have trouble following consciousness there. We just have the body, and it sure as hell doesn't provide us with much info about consciousness after death. So since we don't know where it goes after death, maybe we can figure out where or what it is during life.

That said, the point of death is approximated at the time the brain stops functioning (since some other bodily functions still pump away after we're dead for a bit, but once the brain stops there's just no more "person" there), so our best idea of consciousness now is that it lies somewhere in the brain. We also know that people with damaged sections of their brains have altered consciousnesses. Lobotomies and accidents have provided us with lots of data there, but no hard "rules" so to say. It seems that no one area is responsible for any specific facet of consciousness. Considering this, our best theory is that consciousness is the result of several chemical/electrical reactions from various different parts of the brain working together.

Now, that's all well and good, and vague, but that doesn't help us figure out how consciousness comes and goes. We can try to look at the beginnings of life, as many psychologists and scholars have, but those prove even more mysterious, since we can't dissect babies or ask them what's up.

We just know that babies can't talk for some time until they get the mouth and tongue thing down. Does that mean they can't think with words either? In that case, picture-thoughts make sense, but why can't babies form lasting memories?

cont...
>>
>>18508497
>The emotional experiences from our first two years determine what our Von Economo neurons define as our emotional identity, from then on, you build a personality and a mental structure around those fundamental experiences.
>>18509082
>the first 2 years of development are up to the parents. their actions will mould the childs personality for the rest of their life. babies need constant stimulation and lessons to prepare for that first sign of conscienceness. im supprised we dont have manditory courses designed to understand how the brains development works. all i can say is that in those first 2 years, its pure sub-conscience and instinct

But when I say im a piece of shit thanks to my useless parents, 4chen tells me to stop blaming others and take responsibility. well, fuck you too.
>>
>>18510095
Ask a zeta from area51 they could tell you...
>>
>>18510146
>cont...

A baby can remember a red plastic ball, and even form a preference for that particular ball, but why can't the child from that baby remember the red plastic ball he/she chose as a baby? One of the theories is that babies think with actions and movements instead of internal, imagined pictures or sounds. You'll often see a baby, if left to their own devices, wave their arm a particular way, and then just keep doing that for a bit. They may get distracted by things, but sometimes they'll return to the wave, maybe even "show" it to you. Have you ever just had a snippet of a song in your head that you really liked to repeat to yourself, maybe even sing out loud in front of someone? If movements and actions, external things, form the basis of memories and thoughts at the beginning of life, maybe consciousness actually starts in the body instead of the mind?

We keep coming up with questions, and once we start to probe for answers, we only find more questions. But that's progress - we keep finding more and more specific questions. Eventually, we may finally work our way down to "what is the most basic piece/element/building-block of consciousness?" We're close, but not quite there just yet.
>>
>>18506625
I did. Essentially how people conceive life is wrong so you get indoctrinated to join society and your vision of reality comes from the indoctrinated tainted view

The base meaning of the object is not the object but your perception of the object and the perception of the object is the idea of the object and that idea comes from the meaning your surroundings gave to the object itself and your perception of their perception and the perception of your biological imperatives which are found in the front of your head

and you are told this is perfectly fine and acceptable despite this goes against the very basis of philosophy since how come everyone can have a view on whats the object when things can't not be and be at the same time you can't see things for what they are

you give meaning to something instead of discovering it

you are starting your thought from a preconception from an axiom you never try to go back to whats before that you do not even realize which is the axiom because finding it means not being happy ever
>>
Were all just made up from cells, the right cells merged together to create this consiousness we all experience. But dont forget some peopel experience it in different forms some people are born blind and have a higher level of it , some people lose cells over time due to certain disese which alters their level of conciousness but at the end we are all just cells and i believe when our bodies give up in us or we get killed somehow our cells either just become inactive because rhere is no chain holding then together anymore or maybe they just float around and adventually become a part of something else or someone else. Our brain holds our memories hence why we dont remember anything from before it started working and holding memories at a certain age. I like to think your right in saying that there is some kind of failsafe stopping us from knowing just so we dont get scared or tell the whole world the secret to life or whatever that seems pretty cool
>>
>>18506625
I always wished to talk with someone about this stuff but the people i met with can't think past watching their favorite sport and drinking alcohol so they always mocked me whenever i brought it up. one of them studies medicine and when i talk to him he goes on you didn't study medicine you are not worth my time its gets so frustrating

I have memories from my first birthday party even it probably starts whenever something of importance transpired
>>
Conjecture about consciousness before birth or after death is entertaining but ultimately pointless. Direct experience is the only way to know. There are many written accounts from mystics, psychics, clairvoyants. Look some up. I've had experiences of both but don't have the time to post atm.
>>
>>18506625
The first question should be where consciousness is, you cannot even try to look for something you don't know its location. I mean its common sense maybe someone knows where that is probably from India cause every time theres someone with a weird condition or birth defect its always from India
>>
>>18508690
It kind of does. If you smash a computer hard disc with a sledgehammer the information inside it "ends" in the sence that it's just energy now and not specific data. The same thing happens with the brain.
>>
>>18506625
>babbys first existential crisis
>>
>>18510227
That's retarded you can't know where it is because theoretically you would need to know what comes before yourself. Only a secondary person would be able to tell and then another to see the observer and so on, it would be like having schizophrenia
>>
>>18510230
>It kind of does. If you smash a computer hard disc with a sledgehammer the information inside it "ends" in the sence that it's just energy now and not specific data. The same thing happens with the brain.
>tfw i know this feel
>Tfw i wonder if i have alzheimer
>>
>>18510250
Well if you think about it the brain has multiple parts all which execute a specific tasks so there must be necessarily independent communication between them as we are not aware of the whole process or maybe we are but just can't tell who knows if with practice someone can do it i mean theres people who can reduce their own heartbeat and that freak who can run marathons in sub zero temperatures by controlling his homeostasis, he also said people can train for it but no one else can replicate it
>>
>>18510275
Found it
>sub zero temperatures by controlling his homeostasis,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Hof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqsvJedwUyg

I wonder if someday someone who can manipulate consciousness will appear it would be a shame if no one checked it out and confused him with a crazy person how would anyone be able to tell the difference and whats worse give him meds or something that fries his brain
>>
>>18510157
the heart knows.
>>18510286
nice to see wim hof posted here
>>
>>18506762
>You die, you just merge with someone else.

Then it's not "you" any more.
>>
>>18510286
what kind of tests could they come up to see if that person is saying the truth ? No one knows what consciousness actually is only the one with the special ability would know
>>
>>18510268
Do you feel you are getting sledgehammered right now? If the feel is different than usualt it might be something else it might be serious
>>
>>18510230
>It kind of does
nope, it doesnt. information doesnt really end. kind of counter-intuitive, I know, but its true
>>
>>18508449
I wasn't shitposting, you absolute cunt.
>>
>>18506648

When the answer is there is no answer, you'll stop asking the question.
>>
>>18509082
>>18509098
>mandatory courses
This is one of the things im getting at.

>>18509104
Yes ive heard this one before but it doesn't contribute a thing to the discussion outside of "lol theres no answer so dont bother" consciousness exists so we need to understand it.

>>18509132
With the recent talk of measuring gravity waves it has me wondering if there are other forces around the earth that we can't see or dont have the tools to measure.

>>18509665
>einstein
The amount of discoveries that came out if einstein compared to the lack of technology jumps in recent years has me wondering if discoveries are being suppressed, people of that intellect arent being born due to whats in our food, or maybe he had some other secret.

>>18510146
Well the fact that all babies get a handle on language so quickly is in itself pretty strange. We have accelerated learning at that stage and then it normalizes. I know my initial dreams and perceptions were pretty hazy and picture esque. Most of our baby memories are very difficult to remember. For all I know I may not have had consciousness in between those memories.

>>18510157
This is somewhat unrelated but worth a mention anyway since you reminded me when you mentioned music.

Somewhere in the realm of 5-9 years old I would sometimes hear snippets of sound while alone in my house. No radios or tvs on and my nearest neighbours were across a field and down a road.

What I heard was what sounded like two people having a normal conversation loud and clear like they were right in the room with me. My child mind decided I was somehow hearing people about 1km away sitting in a restaurant on the highway that ran by my house. I repeated this same explanation in the form of a question to my mother when she came home. "Is it possible for sound to travel that far? Etc" but she didnt really care.
>>
File: 1457873581384.jpg (48KB, 720x692px) Image search: [Google]
1457873581384.jpg
48KB, 720x692px
>>18510103
> scientific american
> muh atoms in muh burger

> are we living in a computer simulation?
haha! no

> are we living in the mind of God?
probably

what is the only thing -apart from space- that is infinite, and can hold anything and everything inside it? (stars, planets!)

it is the mind. the mind is infinite. it can hold anything you imagine. it is the perfect canvas.

ancient wisdom states that when we used to spend our lives training the mind, instead of focusing on the bullshit that is now "normal"

> entertainment, gossip, trends, sex, etc.

we could create whole, constant worlds, inside our minds. Worlds that we could recall at will; worlds that we could enjoy using vizualization.
> what are dreams?
> kek
> kektus
> keksimus

ancients knew we could retire into the mind at the moment the body dies. the world "elite" know it. THIS was one of the greatest secrets, until now that I have posted it.

scripture even hints at this when it says that God's previous creations were jealous of humans. we had the power to create. and to consciously retire into our mental creations, to live on as gods when our bodies could not go on.

and create we did. we created so much, we forgot where we began.

> but not everyone forgot. oh no!
>le illuminaughty
>>
>>18510174
The fact that children have such wild imaginations compared to adults could be related to these learned perceptions and behaviours. Whether they dont have a handle on perception or consciousness, or maybe they're seeing what the world is before adjusting their perception to their parents definitions.

The fact that the rods and cones inside our eyeballs create signals that our brain interprets and gives form makes me wonder if the world really looks like that. I saw a video a few months ago on a study of brain activity with cats. And they used some kind of setup to track a cat's visual perception of a human, and the human's head had the shape of a cats. People always say cats from a behavior standpoint think of us like "big dumb cats" but it seems there may be even more truth to that.

>>18510185
People who are born blind are an interesting phenomena. Though most of them can cheat a little since they still experience light.

>>18510193
That's further back than me at least. Its hard to approximate when memories are from. Do you have many other memories from the first two years? Or just the one.

>>18510227
Probably due to the high population and poor living conditions. I imagine it happens in china too. There were some freaky experiments when science was less regulated with reviving a dogs head from what I remember seeing on the early days of the internet, but im not sure if they were faked or not so dont quote me on it.

>>18510250
Now there's an interesting theory, one person's memories stored in another person. If your neurons became part of someone else its possible.

>>18510275
I remember the documentry of sub zero guy, he brought bloodflow back to his frost bitten toes.

As far as individual communication goes thats very interesting. Electric signals fire across synapses, but we really still dont know how those signals are decided or controlled?

Because if not that could be a big hint especially since its an electric signal.
>>
>>18510298
Its true, and when you think about it someone who learned to control and have a higher understanding of consciousness might well come off as crazy or be disfunctional. So we may have had a whole bunch already.

I think computers could be a good unbiased way to gather data in the future at least.
>>
File: The_hell_is_this_slut_saying.png (14KB, 203x209px) Image search: [Google]
The_hell_is_this_slut_saying.png
14KB, 203x209px
>>18507077
>>18507100
>>18508977
>>18509031
>>18510059
>>18510074
>>18510216
>>18510235
>>18510431
Shitposter roundup, there are plenty of other threads for you to fag up. Either have legitimate discussion or get out.
>>
>>18510450
this isn't cuba. this isn't north korea
who tf u think u are. nigga u fo real?
stop drop and roll right tf off of that horse
ive seen that nigga smoking, I told it to my peeps and they all think im joking

my flow is smooth like silk, u just coarse like rocks
my music is so shit, u can hear it thru the block
just like dat cocaine they bring me in em trucks.
nigga idon giv no fucks
no spoon only forks
no wife only hoes
when they see the whip, they say there he goes
I got all em mamis drinking my tequila rose
thick like dat ass
in her mouth she likes the gooey
u said I shitpost, so now im gonna do it
>>
>>18509613
Well the computers may indeed comprehend the solution, its still unlikely that they would be able to relay the information to us so we would understand.
>>
>>18506635
Everyone experiences a different reality (groundbreaking) so the reality you broke your foot while i have no connection with you as a human it doesn't have any impact on my existence.
Its a collection of events and experiences that leads you to this exact point of where you are in your life.

Which leads kinda in to the whole nature vs nurture debate.
Even the biggest fuck head thinks he is right in that peticular argument, no matter if he is just wrong and stupid, he believes it.
But i know the hammer fucking hurts and I'm conscious of that fact. I have no idea how other peoples minds work because I can't experience that. Therefore I know I exist. You guys on the other hand I can't vouch for but you seem kinda cool so I take your word for it.

>tl;dr
I have been up for four days, stop fucking with me simulation.
>>
>>18506625
You begin at one and end at zero.
But if zero is behind one then you went back in time.
Or if zero doesn't exist then you are only either , one, or not one.

Encoded in a fractal helix, flipping between three states.

A moment comes and then it becomes zero, going behind you and then another one comes along. A life comes and then it becomes zero and then another life comes along.

So a stream of ones punctuated by one and not one.
>>
>>18506928
Well the brain is just a muscle, where the fuck you keep the soul? Its your you. The whole loosing 21 grams when you die. Its been proven wrong but a good analogy

I also liked OPs point of that you don't just flick a switch and become conscious. There's different levels like animal instinct or becoming what you would consider enlightened.
>>
>>18508997
Thats just death bud
>>
>>18509052
>humans are just animals that have adapted the ability to contemplate 'life'

Fuck I didn't exist for a couple hundred years before I got here. I'm not bothered if its the case of just going back to nothingness cos I got pretty good at it then, and hey I got an innings out of it
>>
>>18506625
Meh most religion is there because of the fear of the unknown. Its all good to believe in something, whatever gets you through the day. Its a comfort thing.

Personally something about aliens and dimensions and DMT and that something.
If that is a thing then who's to say they even would want us there. Which is fair enough. But at least my opinion of whatever the fuck I came up with my own conclussion and it wasn't regurgitated, brainwashing ideas. At least not as much so as most religions
>>
File: 1483912936446.jpg (16KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1483912936446.jpg
16KB, 500x281px
why do you care
420 blaze it, homosexual
>>
>>18510435
>The fact that children have such wild imaginations compared to adults could be related to these learned perceptions and behaviours. Whether they dont have a handle on perception or consciousness, or maybe they're seeing what the world is before adjusting their perception to their parents definitions.
When you live you develop a bunch of "if statements" the kid has it less ifs therefore gets wider results

>As far as individual communication goes thats very interesting. Electric signals fire across synapses, but we really still dont know how those signals are decided or controlled?
If we are a multicore computer we could be one of the cores and other parts are other cores. We could be a bunch of cluster of neurons and other parts are other clusters of neurons

>>18508997
i had already done this by myself naturally no pills or anything
>>
>>18510567
Brain is just a collection of neurons the pattern formed could be the soul.

If that were to be true and i believe it is then there's no consciousness up until you discover where the pattern is (?)
>>
>>18510988
We have mental integrity, despise the fact that we have "multiple brains", conciousness and identity seems to work as a whole.

Dissociation it's a front lobe anomaly and can be stoped with anti psychotics.

>it's a good analogy tough.
>>
>>18511089
but disassociation would only be a problem if all the parts aren't working in unison wouldn't it?

Wouldn't it be great to be able to break all automatic responses we have ingrained to be able to replace it with what it must so when you receive a stimuli you instantly get the right answer and right response?
>>
if you keep going there won't be anything left to examine
>>
>>18511100
But that would require to break from emotions how can we guide themselves without desire or sense of responsibility. Without those we cannot "define" anything because we either like or dislike something to minor or major extent. When one chooses a path in life he does it because he likes it or because he must what happens when would happen when its neither?
>>
>>18511501
I think all that is goes is your purpose in life which wasn't yours anyways and all that is left is science
>>
>>18511100
Usually people who suffers from schizophrenia lose the control over their frontal lobes and alternate in between states of lethargy which can delve into split personality disorder if not treated. Unless something emerges to regulate the intercommunication of them then its a lost cause
>>
>>18511737
>Frontal lobe schizophrenia it's a lost cause.

Are you an incompetent asylum worker?
>>
>>18511744
Its the truth, the treatments side effects are always as bad as the disease. Unless the person can pull through by himself, he will never be the same.
>>
>>18506736
you sound as consumed with evil as they are. You need Jesus.
>>
>>18511501
I think i know this feel between a shitty family and a disappointment and nonese i found in life i think i resinged both and only have lived seeking that was its important whenever i saw something that resembled it i become enthralled and fanatic i have something to do not because i like it , because it pains me nor because i must i act on whats important and i dont decide what that is.

I never really wanted or liked anything nor cared about myself however when theres something important it gets done and respected no matter what and no one gets the right to say either its not important
>>
>>18511778
I even think i became able to do things no one else can or maybe they can but they dont realize they actually can
>>
File: gods creation.png (9KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
gods creation.png
9KB, 237x213px
>>18510595
>Meh most religion is there because of the fear of the unknown.
Tips fedora
>>
>>18511750
That description fits any kind of event, people change completely for a really big number of reasons.

Just a good song can do it, you can go crazy with one song in the perfect moment.

What makes something crazy behaviour it's circumstancial, you can be crazy in many places, because it's socially adapted.

As long as it is a frontal lobe schizophrenia it could be sane again, or even more sane.

People it's amazing.
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 289x174px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 289x174px
>>18512226
Buddhistfag here
>>
>>18512250
Drugs for schizophrenia usually damage the area that controls the voltage of the nerves thats what allows the patient to take control i doubt it has any cure. You become numb to pain well you feel pain but your head doesn't act on it so you go back to being numb and normal not special anymore
>>
File: jesus_3.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
jesus_3.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>18512284
forgot pic
>>
File: 2 days later.jpg (10KB, 254x189px) Image search: [Google]
2 days later.jpg
10KB, 254x189px
>>18512284
>>18512303
Better to do exactly what jesus did embrace pain which is what he must because god said so than to destroy yourself with the meds
>>
I'm not sure that I agree there was a single moment where our consciousness started to exist that we could point to and say "that's where I started to exist".

Our brains develop slowly, over time. Think about biology. Who was the first human?

The question is silly. Was his father not human? Was his father's father not human? The line is blurry. There are no clear cut answers there.

I feel the same idea applies when approaching how our consciousness develops.
>>
>>18512337
That you are alive doesn't mean you are conscious up until you get back to the beginning theres no consciousness. You might know the words you are using but not the meaning you can only relate those words to other words that you might or not know the meaning of and that meaning isn't the meaning you seek its the closest analogue you could come up with.

When you go to school you get taught stuff but you don't actually know what it means thats why when you seek a job you get asked for previous experience specially in Comp sci where the student might know the theory but can't code for shit

Hume and all philosophers up until the cancer know as existentialism have already solved that. Even when you think about an idea you can only think about it once kant said that you had to trascend thought by coming up with an idea that encompasses all the particular ideas the problem with that is that the new idea will always be a set of particular ideas which leads back to the same problem

Hume said that when we think we get imprints in our mind and whenever we think we are merely recognizing the changes on our structure and all can be traced back so long its there. Thats why the meds are so absolutely horrible they destroy the imprints all you lived thought and knew gone
>>
>>18512303
>Thats why the meds are so absolutely horrible they destroy the imprints all you lived thought and knew gone
although the worst of all by far is the degeneration of the nerve that controls the voltage in the brain
>>
>>18508977
You sound like a bigger piece of shit. Who else would feel sorry for the turds he has described but another turd?
>>
File: crown of thorns.jpg (8KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
crown of thorns.jpg
8KB, 258x195px
>>18512303
>tfw my mother was super religious and made me literally wear one of these ever since i have memory
>>
File: 1484098798423.gif (177KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1484098798423.gif
177KB, 500x333px
I haven't read all the replies so someone might have already said this, but in philosophy, ( I use philosophy because really the concept of before life and after life is purely speculation and philosophical ) the 3 main "rules", so to speak, are in laymen's terms "We can only assume we exist", "We can only assume the universe is real", and "we can only assume we know anything at all."

Using this information we can adamantly assert that everything in the discussion of life before birth and after death, is complete here say, and has no true merit.
>>
File: index.png (5KB, 320x153px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
5KB, 320x153px
>>18512761
Not quite. Logic is flawed because logic is causal and we only assume that it can be that way.

Paradoxes of any kind have proved the limits of logic and by extension causality how we understand it which means our understanding of everything is wrong and that there must be something beyond.

Can you conceive something beyond logic?
>>
>>18512782
Sure. It's called Reason.
>>
>>18512820
isn't reason within logic? or as in within the act of thought
>>
>>18512827
Reason means acting on assumption leads to results based on speculation. Or in other words, useless data that furthers nothing.
>>
>>18512834
Thats still logical

Learned
ABC

If A > B
>if not A
>B then C

>If no BA
>then C> AB

etc

look at god for example . Try to picture it in your head something that is omniscient omnipresent and omnipotent. Can you? No all you can see is an old wise dude
>>
>>18512850
Now you're referencing what's called "schema". No, I do not picture an old wise dude. I picture a female.

Schema is using one's own personal experiences to verify logical conclusions. The only way you can see what is beyond your perspective of Logic-Reason traps is to see someone else's Schema. And that, is how you see beyond (your) logic.
>>
>>18512870
>Now you're referencing what's called "schema". No, I do not picture an old wise dude. I picture a female.
are you a grill?

same thing really in order to use logic something must have necessarily happened even if its just the act of thought itself.

people think when they speak that they know. They forget words are symbols and words that reference words are just symbols which reference symbols. We use language to evocate thought thought is a punctual act

whenever we make an statement about something universal like i only know i dont know. We aren't actually doing that we are saying i don't know everything i know i dont know know you don't know at all what you don't actually know you can't conceive or imagine it

but what if theres something beyond that?we can't know or maybe we can. who knows

How does the light look like? We don't know we can only see it when it interacts with matter

In order to express something without experiencing you would need to describe a being without making it reference to anything else and we can't do that or maybe yes. Getting rid of written language would be a good start
>>
>>18512906
The main problem with written language is that its dogmatic and not natural you lose contact with reality

What is the letter A. A why? it just is

What is a word a set of dogmas that are hammered into your head that have no correlation to anything but itself and by dogma we link it with an object why? just because
>>
>>18512906
Others HAVE experienced beings without frames of reference, and even without language as we know it.

Take Lovecraft for example, he was able to write about non-existent beings who speak in unknown languages with names that contain unknown origins. Lovecraft's writing process would be an example of exploring the depths of inconceivable fiction, while this reality on Earth is about exploring the depths of conceivable beliefs.

What all that means from a Meta standpoint, I can't exactly say that I know. All I can say is that what we perceive with the senses is manifestations of all thoughts that have collectively existed through everybody.

What we do NOT perceive with the senses is all the collective thoughts that have not yet been defined.
>>
>>18512941
um no he didn't.

some dude wrote the bible that doesn't mean he can conceive a omnipresent omnipotent omniscient being

if i tell 2 people to draw a car they are not going to draw the same car because they conceive it differently. If they were gods they would draw the same car because that car would be an universally perfect car, an universal idea, as we understand it that would entail knowing all cars in existence but then under what metric would it be considered perfect? whats the limit? Only a god would be able to tell not a mortal finite being

>What all that means from a Meta standpoint, I can't exactly say that I know. All I can say is that what we perceive with the senses is manifestations of all thoughts that have collectively existed through everybody.
see you don't understand what i said reread my post. My post has implications related to this
>>
>>18512956
in the same being when math analysis infinity it doesn't actually do it it just states its relations with the rest of the mathematical beings and designates a symbol for it. To know infinity they would need to describe ALL numbers in one point
>>
>>18513010
You're asking a fuckton of open-ended questions with no real resolution. By your logic, why ask questions when the answer is either fleeting or circumstantial at best.
>>
>>18513121
Thats the point
>>
>>18513131
And you're missing my point. The conclusions you've reached are only true within YOUR self-imposed Logic traps. This is why I keep saying, you won't ever get out of that kind of mental cage until you see that your reasoning is just one opinion among billions.

You'll always be right if there's someone else who is wrong.
>>
>>18513185
no

Things ARE

you can say whatever you want but the thing is always going to be the exact same in that specifc instant

independantly of what you or i say

THATS THE POINT

We build our thought structure on nothing but lies

what do you think it happens when you realize the meaning of this not just the words?

everyone will forever be wrong. Everyone is right about their perspective or made up lie is truth within itself but its wrong to say the perspective equals the object

fucking plato 101
>>
File: tech.gif (475KB, 900x400px) Image search: [Google]
tech.gif
475KB, 900x400px
>>18513196
To which side is the one in the middle turning
>>
>>18513196
Boom, you've figured it out. Your point is the same as mine. Now stop creating pointless questions that you have no intention on answering.
>>
>>18513222
no you didnt its not the same points is merely the same symbols.

why dont you get that through your head

you don't know what it means

you aren't even following the thread

Thats using logic and what we know from what we can perceive that doesn't mean there isn't something beyond

if you knew the meaning you would realize that
>>
>>18506625
rully makes u think vry deep
>>
>>18513226
i have more theories but those are OC donut steal so i won't post them on public forums
>>
>>18506625
I know someone who can remember his birth. It's legit Some people are just born with better memories.
>>
my head feels funny i wonder if this thread made it tingle just now
>>
>>18513471
did it or is it just my imagination
>>
>>18513474
please respond
>>
>>18513477
maybe i have a physical condition if it isnt it
>>
When you reach the other side, you will see why nobody talks about it.
>>
>>18513647
what
>>
>>18511056
I always find the name "soul" a little too spiritual and manmade. Lets just say consciousness. Reading into patterns seems like an interesting idea though. We can't easily measures neurons much less in the brain can we?

>>18511100
Your post has me thinking, if all of our choices were made immediately, electrically, chemically, we might not have time for consciousness. Its possible that consciousness is a mechanism that acts as a 'delay' between these actions, either for the body to conserve energy, or some other function related to the brain.

>>18511737
They might be a good place to study. Im not overly familiar with the intimate details of schizophrenia, is it a well understood condition on why multiple personalities develop? Or are they working on an answer?

>>18512337
The bottom line is that we are conscious, at least I know I am anyway. That's the craziest thing that applies to anyone reading this, this world and everyone in it could be a figment of my imagination, or yours. And everyone will respond realistically until its over.

But back to the point, we need to find a way to measure consciousness, or figure out how its developed. I'm sure those working on AI consider this a lot, but if I program several million different decisions into an AI brain, then have it pick decisions based on a random number algorithm, pick its emotional developments on that same algorithm while experiences trigger more if and else statements modeled after human experiences.

If the AI with that huge amount of data acts like a human at this stage, do you think its conscious? Alternatively if instead of a random number generator (since even that is human made) I use 5 small beetles, and they become the random. Does the AI become conscious? Are the beetles collectively conscious?
>>
>>18512761
I agree with you, but everything from the point ive recognized my own consciousness is valid and real. That's what we're trying to solve. Life before or after death is just a bonus if it happened to lead in that direction.

>>18512906
You raise an interesting point in regards to thought and language. Our perceived evocation of our thoughts into words, and translating those thoughts may well be limited. We may actually have aspects of thought we've casualized and can't and haven't ever expressed as humans, because our bodies don't have the tools to do it.

>>18513327
I wish we could confirm he wasnt bullshitting. But unless both his parents died at birth and none of the doctors ever spoke to him about it we have no way of knowing. But if he has any hints im all for them.
>>
>>18514077
I can feel it do you want me to point out where it is

You need multiple points to trace location in space

each part of the brain does something different but given how the process of the construction of the psyche works everything becomes wired like shit because genetically you are born with pain and pleasure and prebuilt responses and responses that get programmed by your parents. Theres no consciousness up until you have at least 4 points which is 3 out of 10

no you are not up until you reach 3 normal people including are 1- 2

>>18514108
may nothing its a fact. People assume there can't be thought without writen language and thats wrong written language ruins the brain you can train to get back whats lost
>>
>>18506625
Hey OP, i think about this same shit all of the time. Statistically, its more likely we are the same consciousness partitioned via organic bodies much like partitioning in a vast computer. Some of us COULD be an independent consciousness running into the vast construct that is the collective conscious, but it would be probably impossible to tell.
Sometimes I feel like a stranger and the thoughts of others scare me, but maybe I'm not well adjusted, idk.
Another thing to chew on:
What if the fool tarot is called the fool in hopes of scaring others away from being perceived a fool and walking his path, which is, none.
>>
>>18514342
proof that its impossible? can't you see brain activity in MRIs when an specific part is used
>>
>>18514379
Yeah, but maybe consciousness looks the same on this plane. Maybe no matter who you are or how you think MRIs pick up that sentience similarly so you couldn't tell if you belong or not.
>>
>>18514417
Well the MRI generates a magnetic field to checks for electric charges and outputs an image

what if we could do the same i mean when you get angry/sad/happy you can feel yourself being different can't you. You are recognizing an electro-chemical change in your brain and wrongly give it meaning beyond what it is
>>
File: polish bird.jpg (72KB, 540x721px) Image search: [Google]
polish bird.jpg
72KB, 540x721px
>but somehow understanding the answers seems to be at the back of everyone's minds. Maybe there's a gene that keeps us from fixating on it, or a part of the brain.

Well, maybe.
A few years ago I struggled with this. A lot. Of course I had already been aware of my mortality. As we all are from a relatively early age, I suppose. But for some reason, around my 20th birthday, the firm, visceral reality of the fact sunk in. It basically ruined a good number of months of my life. When I wasn't thinking about it, I was on edge. When it came back to me, I felt a sharp pang in my stomach. I ate very little. I couldn't sleep. I didn't want to. I usually have dreamless sleep, so losing consciousness, even for a short while, reminded me too much of death. The anxiety I got from it was overwhelming, to put it short.

So I tried my best to distract myself from it. And eventually, I found it to be less on my mind every day. I only later realized that I had been mourning my own future death. And like every process of mourning, eventually you learn to deal with it.

I think it's something that everyone goes through at a certain point in their life. I'm probably just a pussy. And I probably just have a weak mind that is highly susceptible to overthinking things. Which is in the end the point that I'm trying to make: it serves you best not to overthink things like this. You might end up ruining the little time you have on this planet.
>>
>>18506625
I can remember my first memories being my first memories. I can even remember trying to work out how I knew things without remembering them. I just assumed everyone else had the same experience at some point. It wasn't until much later I found out this is not so normal.
>>
>>18510400
>The amount of discoveries that came out if einstein compared to the lack of technology jumps in recent years has me wondering if discoveries are being suppressed, people of that intellect arent being born due to whats in our food, or maybe he had some other secret.
One current idea is that the funding is all wrong. Einstein came out of the German/Austro-Hungarian funding system. That fell out of favor after WWII and the American system of sponsorship and big industry donations were favored over a robust state system.

For genius to happen you need time for the intellect to breath I think. So people need time to work in a patent office or some shit. This doesn't suit the US industrialized "what am I paying for?" System.
>>
>>18514425
Hmm, but those "emotions" or brainstates are given meaning so you can communicate with the "herd" around you to better survive. The trick though, is that it benefits a herd to feel similarly, so manipulation becomes possible. The solution? Only feel the things you want to. Others will react poorly to this, but it reduces the chance of others manipulating you.
>>
>>18514490
So by knowing your own state you can know other people way of thinking

why do you think that happens? Do you want me to spoiler you?
>>
File: tachicoma.jpg (79KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
tachicoma.jpg
79KB, 640x443px
>>18514501
I don't know why else you would need that besides to be easy to manipulate and to manipulate others, but I don't understand fully WHY. Who was meant to control everything? Did whatever god running this show decide we were only ever manikins to do his bidding and striving for outside or extra meaning is useless?
Why does it still feel like the world lays stuff at my feet though? I don't get it.
Maybe i need your spoiler after all.
>>
>>18514532
ask yourself what a feel actually is
>>
File: lain.gif (115KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
lain.gif
115KB, 500x357px
>>18514546
Its an entire world, isn't it?
I had never REALLY considered it before.
>>
>>18514557
see you have no consciousness yet
>>
>>18514557
(continue)
Holy shit, so choosing to feel stuff is CHOOSING to participate in their world. Feeling what others want you to feel is a choice and laying down your shield to immerse yourself is their world is a choice.
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>18514569
no thats wrong. When you are a kid you take you refuse to take your medicine because it takes horrible when you grow up you take it no question even if it taste horrible

why
>>
>>18514566
Choosing to only stop by the worlds of others IS a choice. In those worlds I learn things, so I hardly think I'm not conscious. I made the CHOICE to be a fool, and while others call that being a fool, i know that the choice was the right one for me.
>>
>>18514575
When I was a child I didn't want to take the medicine because it tasted bad, but my mom always told me that it tastes bad because it works. Did it only ever work because she said it would? Is everything a placebo?
>>
>>18514575
Or maybe because we like to suffer because it is the suffering inherent in everything that defines us?
>>
>>18514576
I think i was talking about something different. I could stay permanently if i and they wish so

>>18514589
What do you mean
>>
File: fool.jpg (31KB, 200x344px) Image search: [Google]
fool.jpg
31KB, 200x344px
>>18514603
You COULD stay permanently, but living a single life is not what i want to do. I would rather wander.
Because after all, all who wander are not lost.

Our parents instil their own faith in themselves in YOU. Having children might be the single greatest case of megalomania to exist because you are trapping someone in your world without their consent. Who are YOU to decide that the medicine works because its fucking gross? It works because it DOES.
>>
>>18514636
I wasn't talking in double sense

i was being literal

you felt the same thing twice and you decided to other thing so what is a feeling?
>>
>>18514662
An electrical Impulse from a chemical reaction?
>>
>>18514668
what else

>>18514636
what if our parents were wrong
>>
i have more theories but those are oc do not steal

so what now
>>
>>18515331
We take over the world.

>It's good to have goals.
>>
>>18515882
my primary goal was almost achieved but something went wrong which impedes me forever thats why i refused that

my secondary goal has always been the same to let someone know but he refuses to let me accomplish it for no real reason

what do i have to do
>>
>>18515902
all that i have tried to do was never for me but for it

im nothing i only care about it because it is and i've said this a billion times
>>
im only asking you stop hitting me with that stuff and if you can reverse it or lessen it so i can stop it manually

I've been exposed to that shit against my will multiple times way before these days i aksed in all shapes and forms to stop and it kept happening and then you did it the other day which blew up some part of the left side and made me perma angry

you are taking away whats suppose to happen away

if you want to examine me theres not going to be much left
>>
File: 1297199080171.png (439KB, 680x798px) Image search: [Google]
1297199080171.png
439KB, 680x798px
>>18506730
>>18506736
>>18506749
>>
>>18514342
I imagine there's a lot of things perceived as bad or taboo by society that may be there to keep people away from something they dont want us knowing. It makes me wonder if people like einstein realized something early in private, and knew they could never tell or convince anyone of that secret, but ultimately used it for their own gain and influence.

Like I said in an early post I experienced something once or twice as a kid that might've been "collective conscious" where it felt like I was being exposed to a network of other children's thoughts and ideas all floating together somewhere. But ive never had anything like that since those days.

Something else I wonder about, and anyone can dismiss me on this, but its still worth questioning. Is that our rulesets as children are so limited before we absorb much information on what is or isnt real. As a kid i experienced lots of weird phenomena, whether its all in my head or not is besides the point, because either way I experienced and perceived something that I no longer do.

I wonder if by adding all of these conscious rules it closes our consciousness off from those experiences. Its possible that they are and were real, but we no longer experience them due to our rules. The only time I start allowing my mind to believe something is when im alone and fearful, being near people is fairly grounding, while being alone theres no limitation outside of my own mind telling me not to be afraid or that something doesnt exist. But my childhood memories remember those fears.

>>18514450
This reminded me of something interesting. Also happened when I was young, and this could be explained by having seen a word somewhere that my brain processed but I conciously didnt.

But sometimes I "just knew" a word and assumed its meaning. Consciously as I typed it out I would question whether i was using it properly or not even though I never used it before. But I just had a vocabulary I had never trained for.
>>
>>18514482
I've heard in recent years that funding for research is usually only for discoveries that will support a big business or sale of products, like that whole thing with pregnant women and chocolate. I dont know much about einstein's childhood or funding. What I do know is I was promised commercial flying cars more than 10 years ago, and instead I got today's computers with the same architecture as the ones made 10 years back only with more cores. Most new technology isnt new, but using foundations of old discoveries and presenting them as new. Thats worrying, im almost 30 and the world isnt making the progress I was born into, so now im looking at having to start that progress myself.
>>
>>18514546
>>18514566
>>18514575
>>18514636
>>18514662
>>18514679
>>18515902
>>18515979
You two need to stop your rp session this is a serious thread.

>>18516107
No shitposting.
>>
>>18513213
To no side. She isn't real.
>>
>>18517010
>Also happened when I was young, and this could be explained by having seen a word somewhere that my brain processed but I conciously didnt.
I know what you mean, but I had an actual hard first set of experiences. So like there were these flashes, and I was aware that I existed but the best way to describe it to you would be like I was floating in pitch black water, but aware of nothing not self or time or anything. Then a scene flashed up and it was back to the floaty black thing but I was existing and then another scene and that went on for a bit until I was sitting on the floor in my house. Weird!

>>18517022
>Thats worrying, im almost 30 and the world isnt making the progress I was born into, so now im looking at having to start that progress myself.
I find this sort of thing myself too, but I sometimes wonder if I'm sort of blaming myself for not making the world that way. Not that it matters that much.

Flying cars would be sweet tho.
>>
>>18508576
I'm so unimaginitive all you of are just slightly defective genetic clones of me, your god.

Only I can know the truth because I don't talk to anybody, so my mindstate is purer than u.

>>18510431
Not exactly it, friendo.
It's a game where they want to gather souls for their virtual paradise. Because otherwise it'd just be solipsism.

Secrets aren't secret, knowledge isn't free, but intuition is free, and genuine. That's the secret.
>>
>>18506625
>Stop shitposting for a second.
Do you even realize what board you're on, son?
That never happens here.
>>
>>18519032
That would explain why there's barely any quality discussion. Its amazing how quickly people can make progress when they're goal oriented and working together. Just look at Twitch plays pokemon or those ridiculous "arg unlocks" in video games. It would be nice if we could apply that level of involvement to understanding important things.
>>
>>18506648
No profit
Or it's too profitable and the masses mustn't have access
Otherwise we'd already have space Odyssey
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.