[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dreaming Advice and General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

ITT: We discuss lucid dreaming, and help each other reclaim their sleep!

I've been into lucid dreaming for about 15 years. When I first heard about people controlling their dreams, I was intent on mastering it.

I'm pretty adept at recognizing dream state, but two out of three times, as soon as I wake up as soon as it I do. Any tips on staying asleep would be awesome.

Anyone else working on lucidity? What sorts of things do you like to do in your dreams?
>>
>>18504538
15 years and yet nothing to show for it

Perhaps because you recognize that they are just dreams, and therefore not real?
>>
Assume everything is real, even the most fantastic dreams must be based in reality

Only by accepting your dreams as truth can you discover your true self.

As Jesus said, if he speaks of bodily things and you cannot even believe, then how can you possibly accept the transcendant wonder of the ethereal?
>>
>>18504543
This is a dream and you're not real. Prove me wrong.
>>
Well this got philosophical quickly.
>>
Does anybody remember the Veelox experiment that /x/ had back in 2011?
>>
I had a lucid dream last night for the first time in years. I couldn't really control anything. I just remembered hearing "Surfin" by Kid Cudi while having hyge feast lol.
>>
>>18505120
http://www.spell-hub.com/2015/11/29/what-happened-to-veelox/
>>
>>18504538
i think i once heard spinning yourself in your dream is supposed to stop this. however i only managed to recognize im dreaming once by accident. have no real technique for it. any one have some working methods?
>>
File: 1483814221748.jpg (65KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1483814221748.jpg
65KB, 633x758px
Hey /X/, I havent really dreamed that much for the last 5 months or so, anyone know why this might be?
>>
I had a pretty successful few sessions last year I think.

>work out from 6am-7am, eat breakfast, and lay in bed
>have to sleep a certain way, lying on my stomach, head turned facing right
It always started the same way
>get the familiar feeling of falling into dream state
>float outside my body, or have a 3rd person view or something
>every time, im hanging from my feet from the ceiling
>i'm lowered slowly towards the floor, towards a group of savage dogs/monsters/orcs
I call this the "gatekeeper" phase. Its like my body tries scaring myself to wake up. If I get scared by being slowly lowered to my death, I wake up. If I keep my nerve, and allow myself to be lowered into the group of monsters, I start lucid dreaming/astral projection/whatever it is

>once making it past the gatekeeper, random wackiness occurs. Sometimes I'm traveling through a medieval castle, sometimes I'm in a forest hunting
>>
>>18505200
Excessive marijuana consumption.
>>
How can I get started on astral projection/lucid dreaming? Is there a guide or anything I can easily follow?
>>
File: lucid dreaming.jpg (737KB, 823x1920px) Image search: [Google]
lucid dreaming.jpg
737KB, 823x1920px
>>18505676
blue fluke has a decent guide.
I would recommend checking the rest of his stuff out for general occult stuff.
There is a lucid dreaming reddit that has the basic techniques.
If you're too lazy to check that out, keep a dream journal where you write down your dreams. There is no point in going lucid and not remembering it. Meditation (I do 30 minutes a day) also helps. Marijuana and some other drugs kill dreams, so try not to take them (LSD does the opposite I've heard, but is risky). Do a dream check every hour or so. I like to hold my nose then breathe out. If I can breath, then it is a dream. Some people say that you can't read in dreams, but I find I can for some reason, so that might be another check (read something). Set an alarm to wake you up during your REM cycle, then walk around for an hour or so, then go back to bed, and you can have dreams.

To other lucid dreamers, I find when I am lucid dreaming, I tried to fall asleep. I managed to fall asleep once, but when I tried again I heard a very loud buzzing, that woke me up. Anyone know what this is?
>>
>>18505410
It seems like so many of my problems would go away if I stopped smoking weed
>depression
>no dreams
>blanking out with my brain (that might be permanent effects of LSD)
>cant ever figure out what I want (dinner, college major)
but I dont want to stop :c
>>
This happened to me:
Have bad dream where a creature persecutes me, I notice it is a dream and make an effort to wake, I'm suddenly in my room, I check the drawers and shit, all in order, I exit the room and I'm on a viking boat on fire, youcheatedme.jpg, try to force wake up again, I'm on my room, daylight enters and my uncle is coming in and calling me, realize that it is my old room from my old house, dreamingagain.jpg.exe, and I spent the rest of the night trying to wake up while more consecutive false awakenings mocked me.
>>
I've have been trying to lucid dream for some years without success. Last time i almost made it, it happened about a month ago, i noticed i was dreaming, but as soon as i did everything looked so real i tried to wake up to test if i was dreaming
>>
>>18506554
I get very loud buzzing and body vibrations too, and that's when I know it's about to start. I just have to focus and not get top excited, then I have the "gatekeeper" I mentioned earlier, then the fun starts
>>
A friend told me this joke in a dream.

"What do you call people from Arabia?"

"Uh. Arabs?"

"What a bunch of freakin' Belgians, man."

And I thought it was really funny. Then I woke up. You can't trust your own sense of humour in a dream. You can't trust anything, man! CONSTANT VIGILANCE.
Holy fuck !!
Tonight, I will try again and see if any weird ass jokes alert me.
>>
>>18504538

Spin in your dream
>>
>>18504538
I heard about lucid dreaming about 10 years ago, managed to get 1 lucid dream after about half a year of dream logging and reality checks, eventually it was something as simple as my socks changed when i went into another room, i got exited and woke up

what came next has been years of sleep paralysis, every night basically and many times per night

>tired
>go to bed
>start falling asleep
>body slowly starts to tingle like you would have an electric currant going through your body
>the current grows stronger and stronger and i start hearing static noice
>feeling of fear creeps over me like cold air
>know that i should not open my eyes
>hear all kinds of noises like growling, whisper, laughter, hissing, dripping, wind, creaking, footsteps...
>can "feel" wind, rain, moist, touch, pain... yeah anything you could while awake, yet it is simulated by the brain

>wake up eventually in a panic
>if i try to fall asleep right away i fall back into sleep paralysis rather fast, it literally takes seconds of me lying still
>after each SP i feel terribly afraid, i hear things and see things
>thanks to SP i usually get from 0-4h sleep each night
>eventually my body and mind is so tired that i cannot possibly stay up
>only night i can fully rest

i also have trouble falling and staying asleep

All this started when i tried to lucid dream and i cannot get rid of it now
>>
File: 1483759502165.png (1MB, 1496x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1483759502165.png
1MB, 1496x1077px
Everybody on here, im reviving veelox look for my thread with the weird bleeding eyes thumbnail
>>
>>18504561
stab yourself in the kidney! No consequences!!!!
>>
>>18504561
you are getting a phone call while reading this
>>
Does anyone else get a full-body feeling when they are becoming lucid in a dream? This happens to me often, but it feels so fantastical that when I wake up and go over the dream I just assume that I was dreaming that I was lucid dreaming.
>>
>>18506566
That sounds like it's mostly you, but it doesn't hurt to de-fog the mind by doing a cleanse
>>
>>18504561
You cant feel this much pain in a dream
>>
>>18508385
brb, gotta answer the phone.
>>
Hello /x/, I am a beginner lucid dreamer. I've been able to lucid dream for a couple of months now, but stopped because I got bored of it.
For a couple of days now, I just allowed my mind to dream whatever it wanted. But whenever I went to sleep I felt locked away within the dream. I noticed that I spent days within dreams but when I woke up, only a couple of hours had passed (2-3 hours). I began to constantly wake up at 12 or at 1 in the morning (I go to bed at 10).
And because of this I wasn't able to get any rest. Well you could say I could go back to sleep, but the same thing would happen again. I would have a really long dream but only a couple of hours would pass by. I wanted time to go faster, I didn't like waking up in the middle of the night, I really wanted it to be morning already.
The dreams themselves weren't normal either. At least not in my opinion. In my dream I would be attacked by someone which was quite unusual since I normally dreamed about being in my house, or in the middle of the woods. In these dreams I was constantly attacked, I felt scared, everything seemed eerie, even after I woke up.
This kept on going for a couple of days. I got tired of it and decided to see if I could end it all quickly if I lucid dreamed. So I did just that and the following happened:
>>
>>18510790
"They have no mind, They have no mind" was what I heard before waking up from those humanistic figures in my dream, as they nodded their heads wildly, and with an ominous look on their face. It wasn't normal, I was extremely frightened but relived when the dream ended.
In my dream I was in a sort of school, in a library, with a group of people who apparently were my friends. We hanged out before going to school, we also did a lot of fun stuff together, so I didn't feel the need to break out of the cycle just yet.
Back in school, the teachers wanted to know how good we were at reading so they made us pick up a random book and made us read a page out loud. I saw my friends pass one by one to read their book. I was the last one, but while I waited for my turn, I think, I accidentally broke the cycle. I didn't gave it much importance tho.
So I kept going with the dream, I read my page out loud and once I was done I walked towards my friends. "All done? Let's go out to get some pizza" they said and I nodded my head, they were all smiling except for two girls that were with us. It caught my attention, the look in their eye it wasn't normal, they exchanged looks as they looked at me.
I then went back to the classroom to get my stuff, my friends were all waiting at the door for me. That's when the two girls from earlier walked towards me. They said they knew that I was different, they said I wasn't suppose to be aware. My eyes grew wide with shock as they both tried to attack me, I was scared and yelled back at my friends for help. They came to my rescue and saved me, pushing one of the girls away, making her vanish.
>>
Whenever i realise im dreaming i get scared and wake up. Anything to stop this?
>>
>>18510795
The last girl took out a weapon, it was the size of a pen and I could see it generated electricity. It was some type of stun gun(?). This girl was tougher and stronger than the other one, she was able to take on all of my friends alone and she then ran towards me, and tried to attack me with the weapon. I grabbed a hold of her arm before she could hurt me, but she was pretty strong, I then kicked her in the gut making her fall back and drop her weapon. I then grabbed it, and attacked her with it. She then disappeared. I was shocked by what had happened, what did she mean by I wasn't suppose to be aware?
I thought that none of it was normal, that wasn't suppose to happen.
In this dream everything was so vivid, I could see everything so clearly.
Next thing I knew, I was in some ship. I believe it was my ship since I felt safe there, like it was a sort of home. Still somewhat shocked by what happened moments ago I decided to flee, so I flew up into space with my ship. I saw as I left the planet and it's atmosphere, I could see through the ship, it was like it was transparent. 'Thats so cool' I thought to myself as I looked up and saw the stars. I wanted to wake up, but before doing that I wanted to visit another planet. Who wouldn't? My curiosity kept me in my dream. So I grabbed onto the controllers but...
I didn't know how to use them so I decided to just explore my ship. I was super excited and walked throughout the ship until I walked into a nearby room, close to the control room. Said room had a bed, and desk and everything else. It was my room, that's what I thought when I saw it. But something was off...
There were creatures there, they had bloodshot eyes, they whispered to me "They have no mind, They have no mind" over and over again as their heads moved from side to side. They looked creepy as fuck, and they slowly walked towards me.
>>
>>18510799
With no way to escape, I said fuck it, and decided it was time to wake up, so I did.
I opened my eyes and my whole body felt paralyzed, and my body was extremely cold even tho I was covered with blankets. I was paralyzed for a couple of seconds before finally being able to move again. I felt relieved but couldn't get much rest. I didn't want to go back to sleep. I didn't want to experience any of those dreams again.
There were so many question , what did they mean by that? The girl from earlier also said something similar.
Did they mean that I wasn't suppose to be aware that I was dreaming? Why? That was the most vivid dream I've experienced as of yet.
Does anyone have an explanation to this? Has anyone experienced something similar?
>>
>>18510798
Tell yourself this affirmation before you go to bed "Whenever I realize I'm dreaming, I won't be a pussy and wake up"
Or something like that.
Also meditate, that should help you stay calm.
>>
I can easily lucid dream, but only when i wake up on the morning, any tips for lucid dream earlier in the night ?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.