[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should you never do with magick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 16

File: LGeygypt2.jpg (41KB, 375x363px) Image search: [Google]
LGeygypt2.jpg
41KB, 375x363px
Hello there!
A beginner here, I've been reading up on magick and all things related recently and before I jump into it I need to ask: What to watch out for? What is dangerous and what safety precautions should I take while attempting anything? Also what are some good things to start with?

Thank you :)
>>
File: 00000d47_medium.jpg (70KB, 639x423px) Image search: [Google]
00000d47_medium.jpg
70KB, 639x423px
>>18504055
Hurt anyone for any reason under any circumstances
>>
>>18504055
Don't tell anyone you do it. You will immediately lose all your friends and basically never have a gf ever.
>>
>>18504072
Yeah I never meant to tell anyone anyway. I can see things going to shit very quickly. Gotta ask, are you speaking from experience?
>>
>>18504083
Yes. Also, make sure to not get a job and just to stay with your parents for the rest of your life. Its easier this way.
>>
File: 1379360106760.png (125KB, 680x545px) Image search: [Google]
1379360106760.png
125KB, 680x545px
>>18504091
>stay with my parents
>implying my parents aren't staying with me
>>
>>18504091
Why would that way be easier?
>>
>>18504055
don't summon demons, hurt people or mess with things "black" or "evil" in nature. In other words, take it seriously and don't do things you wouldn't do in real life! If you wouldn't go meet with a psycho killer, don't summon a demon. If you wouldn't run someone over with a car, don't curse someone to be run over with a car.

But also, don't be afraid and have fun! Just take it seriously as anything. Good luck, indigo memechild.
>>
>>18504096
You have to quit your job if you want to be legit practicing this art. For real, it gets in the way.
>>
>>18504055
>what are some good things to start with?
Get a job and lose weight.
>>
>>18504103
So you're saying I could either be a financially stable and independent or a magick practitioner?
>>
>>18504112
>Be normal
>Practice something that makes you unique
Choose one
>>
>>18504102
Yeah I figured that much. Is there any way I could do something like that on accident tho? Because I REALLY dont feel like having a demon on my back or having a loved one hurt knowing that its my fault.
>>
>>18504121
I dont understand why i couldnt be "normal" (whatever that even is, its technically impossible for anyone to be really "normal") and practice something that makes me unique.
>>
>>18504133
You will learn eventually. Trust me, a couple years down the road you will thank /x/.
>>
>>18504145
ok, well thanks :). What about any good places to start?
>>
>>18504122
Not if you have positive intentions. But if in doubt, don't do it. Only do what you feel is safe and right.

If you don't have bad intentions, then there's nothing to worry about.
>>
>>18504055
>What should you never do with magick?
coming to /x/ for advice, unless you want to summon a succubus to finally get laid out of lack of possibillities to find another way, or creating a tulpa to not be a lonely fuck anymore.

if you want to read som fictional stories you are right here though
>>
>>18504153
You may be surprised to hear this but the people working behind the counters of Barnes and Nobles actually practice magick. They will deny it for a good couple of weeks, but after a month of persistence, they will know you are serious and point you in the right direction.
>>
>>18504168
Hahaha, made me smile :). Ayyy so you're a skeptic? Well good for you, we need you guys too :).
>>
>>18504180
Unfortunately you failed your first real test. Looks like you got a lot of learning to do
>>
>>18504186
You are indeed correct, I do have a lot of learning to do :).
>>
>>18504191
Yet again, failed another test. My goodness, this is not going well for you.
>>
>>18504180
yeah, i am a sceptic, but its not that i dont believe in the supernatural. i just believe most of /x/ is a circlejerk. dont get me wrong, i like to lurk here from time to time, but still
mostly im annoyed you guys didnt want to help when spiritcooking came up, and your occult knowledge could actually helped something meaningfull because you were too busy with said tulpas and succubi.
>>
>>18504175
Barnes and Nobles? Sorry I'm not from america. Do other bookstores count too? xD
>>
>>18504209
Unfortunately no. You may need to convince your parents to move to America as this country is best place for practitioners like yourself. When you get here, I suggest you pick up acorns and bark to make bread out of them.
>>
>>18504197
Maybe if you told me what your god damned tests are I would be able to pass them... ooorr maybe thats the whole point?
>>
>>18504064
I killed someone with magic (not on purpose) and I'm doing just fine. I'm a medically diagnosed psycho though, so that might be why.
>>
>>18504218
I was joking (well kind of, I dont really know if Barnes and Nobles is some kind of a special store as its my first time hearing about it)
>>
>>18504221
You must learn. You will look back on this moment and realize how obvious it was.
>>
>>18504224
Story time?
>>
>>18504230
Seems like no one on this site is a real practitioner then. I honestly should not have told you this information, especially on a website that has many visitors.
>>
>>18504203
Most of any paranormal community is a circlejerk desu.
>>
the line between actual magic and trolling gets ever more vaporous... may mays.... maaaaaaay maaaaaaaays!!!!!!!

I LOVE MAY MAYS!!!!!
>>
>>18504244
I wouldnt say noone is a real practitioner, but most probably arent.

if its a big secret then no, you probably shouldnt have
>>
>>18504055
so im not sure if you were just playing along with me or not but don't do any of the things i suggested. I was just joking around and killing time before i have to go out and eat. Was fun, keep your day job and don't go to barnes & nobles and do what i said.
>>
>>18504270
Yeah thought that much. well it was fun talking to you here while waiting for some serious comments :).
>>
>never offer a pregnant woman's baby as a vessel to some entity

>never use a human being as an alchemical laboratory (correspondences are salt = bones, mercury = blood, sulphur = sexual fluids)

>never summon spirits into a pile of flesh from random beings
>>
>>18504055
Never make significant decisions based on magick because it's not real.

Also, do you have any dick pics?
>>
>>18504306
Thanks. Is that it? What happens if you do those things? I would never actually do any of those things but im just curious.
>>
>>18504318

Cool things may happen.

Also,

>Never beat someone to an almost death state and make them look at a demonic sigil.
>>
>>18504330
Souds like a good rule of tumb. Also sounds really fucked up and something I probably wouldnt want to try. ever.
>>
>>18504055
Never do a curse on someone who doesnt deserve it. The funny part is that its totally fine as long as they are a piece of shit.
>>
OP you're getting trolled pretty hard in here. This is probably a question to ask in /omg/. I've been practicing for a decade or two... I'll do my best here without going overboard.

>what to watch out for
Your sanity. I'm being entirely serious. Do not permit yourself to become overly superstitious or obsessive. I mean if you plan to quit your job abandon your family and be a lunatic, then sure, throw caution to the wind, otherwise do not cook your brain. You should be very careful engaging in magic if you are not of sound mind, all magical practitioners are a little crazy to begin with, but Im talking about the serious mental disabilities, crippling depression, schizophrenia, etc. they're a bad combination. Magic is going to require you to open your mind a lot, it runs the risk of falling out.

>What is dangerous and what safety precautions should I take
Everything is dangerous, it's still life afterall. Here's my short list:
Do not underestimate or show disrespect to any spirit or god. I don't care if you think they're a demon or a monster or they personally just shit in your tea, show humility and respect. In fact, you may want to avoid work with deities and stronger spirits until later when you know more.
Regarding magical substances, herbs, powders etc. Know your shit before you use it, seriously. Do your research. There are herbs powders and substances that can seriously hurt you and those around you if you do not use them properly.
Watch your finances, depending on the school of magic you're interested in, you can put yourself in the poor house buying supplies or making them.

(cont...)
>>
>>18504398
>what safety precautions should I take
Meditate a lot. Even simple magics require a lot of concentration and focus of mind, it's useful. Some people can get decent results without meditation, there are even some practitioners who are reasonably advanced whove never done it, but it's generally the best way.
Learn your apotropaic magics first. There are a million ways to protect, learn as many as you can.
Your best defense is common sense, fire is hot, herbs can be poisonous, rooms filled with various smokes can be dangerous, children should not play near open fire and naked blades, that sort of shit. Just use common sense.

>Also what are some good things to start with?
Again, meditation and apotropaic magics. As you begin learning protective magics, you're going to start finding things that pique your interest. Do you have any idea what types of magic, or what traditions or cultures you're interested in working with? Are you interested in working with specific kinds of gods or spirits?
>>
>>18504411
Thanks mate, you're one of the few with actual answers i've been looking for. I know im getting trolled but i just roll with it while im waiting for people who know something to comment :). I honestly dont know what I want to be working with. Sigils are pretty simple as far as I've heard so I'll probably be trying that, maybe telekinesis later on? I cant say im interested in working with specific gods or spirits yet, working with entities kind of scares me because I wouldnt know if it is going to hurt me, maybe i would accidentally spawn a demon and i wouldnt know and so on. what gods or spirits are good to work with tho? Again, thank you for your reply :).
>>
>>18504587
>sigils
good starting place, you'll be looking into chaos magick, which seems to be the current paradigm and has a lot of exciting shit going on. You sound like a developing chaote anyway. I really would recommend heading over to /omg/ and asking further questions of them and perusing the library.

>telekinesis
probably not going to happen, there's a reason you don't see this occuring. In my estimation, magic has certain laws that it operates under, it's a natural force (even if we don't understand it yet) and it is governed by laws of conservation and entropic principles. Magic is: When you want something more than the universe doesn't want you to have it, and when the easiest way to give it to you violates causality. Telekenesis violates several of these rules usually because even if the universe wants you to have the thing, the easier way to give it to you is to get your ass off the chair and walk over and pick it up. I'm not saying telekinesis is impossible, Im just saying it's very unlikely. Id encourage you to prove me wrong with a TK sigil or something, give it a shot.

> cant say im interested in working with specific gods or spirits yet
That's fine, it's not really required, you can get a lot of shit done on your own willpower and energy anyway. Chaotes have a different view of gods and spirits anyway, which you will encounter if you go down that road.

(cont..)
>>
>>18504650
>maybe i would accidentally spawn a demon
I'm going to say this now because you seem to have a hang up about it. Spirits, gods, demons etc., are not what you have been taught that they are. Accidentally spawning a demon is not necessarily the catastrophic event you think it is, treating any spirit (demons included) like a very unwelcome guest, cursing them out, and treating them like shit is not advised. Like I said you're going to need to open your mind and stop believing what you've been told. I know that comes off as condescending but its not intended that way, it's just that what we have been taught is very far from the truth, which is a much more subtle thing.

Humans like duality, they like things to be black and white, good and evil, us and them, right and wrong. That's not really how anything works, it's just a convenient guide for people who don't want to understand more.

Most people are taught these concepts as one would teach a child... the power plug in the house is not "bad" its a power plug, it does what it does, if you put a proper device in it, it's fucking magic and awesome, if you stick a fork in it you're going to hurt yourself. When you have a child you tell them "the power plug is bad and dangerous" so you'll stay the fuck away from it and not electrocute yourself. But its less than a half truth, its a safety measure.

Again, you respect the power plug, you dont fear it, or board it over or freak out if anyone mentions it's name, because you're an adult, you know how it works.

The metaphor is getting stretched, but I think you get my point.
>>
>>18504072
What a load of bullshit.
Yeah you shouldn't talk to normies about it but you'd be surprised which people are ecstatic to open up about magick and the occult.
The more you practice and the more your curiosity grows, you'll find yourself attracting people with like minds and outing closeted practitioners.
>>
>>18504055
Magic; there is no good. it's all evil, and God thinks it is disgusting.
>>
>>18504696
wow, no one has ever said anything like that to me before, and certainly never on a magic thread on /x/ thanks anon, you've certainly presented a unique perspective and changed everyone's mind.
>>
>>18504723
hey i'm just telling you the truth.
>>
>>18504681
Hmm i see. See thats what i want most, forget what i've been thought and grow a bigger understanding of things. Thank you :). PS: i dont see an /omg/ board, how do i get to it?
>>
>>18504747
yeah great man, like I said 100% turned around, going to church right now, thanks bro good looking at, job well done. Take care.
>>
>>18504775
/omg/ is a thread on /x/ current one is located at:
>>18493171
>>
Magic aint fucking real. If i were to come upon a group of you faggots in a circle burning candles and engraving symbols Id first ask who the leader was. Id gouge out your fucking eyes and then knee you into the face knocking you out so you would shut the fuck up. Then i would look at your followers and remove the fingers from their prominent hands and kick you all in the face. (The goal of which is breaking your teeth). Then id slash all your tires.
>>
>>18504796
aww shit threads over, the bad-asses have arrived.
>>
File: betterthanthebest.jpg (48KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
betterthanthebest.jpg
48KB, 640x400px
>>18504796
My teeth are pretty fucked up.
Could you help a bro out?
>>
>>18504055
Spell it with with the superflous "k"
>>
>>18504837
Speak of heresy then.
>>
>>18504796
RUDE desu
>>
>>18504796
Psalms 11:5 - The Lord tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence.

Genesis 9:5-6
And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man. “Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.

Matthew 7:1-2
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

I can keep going, the point here is: you aint right.
>>
>>18504938
Justice is recognized in the eyes of the Lord. Those who poison the minds of his children will be vanquished. Whether by my hand, or (crossing fingers), jesus. When he returns for thr 2nd coming.
>>
>>18504969
>Whether by my hand,
Your book SPECIFICALLY and REPEATEDLY prohibits you from taking this violent judgement into your own hands. You will be in hell right next to the sinners you claim it is your right to act upon violently. If your really believe what you claim to, get your shit together or you're going to hell with the rest of us.

Romans 12:19 “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Galatians 6:1
"Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted. "

By your own faith you are sinning and abominable in the eyes of the lord by your profession of violent thoughts and wishes, you will burn in hell along with those you condemn if you don't get your shit together.
>>
>>18504995
I shall never hurt a soul my friend. That does not mean the wrath i would deliver would not be justice.
>>

Violate a person's true will.

/thread
>>
>>18505018
Did you not just say:
>"Id gouge out your fucking eyes and then knee you into the face knocking you out so you would shut the fuck up. Then i would look at your followers and remove the fingers from their prominent hands and kick you all in the face. (The goal of which is breaking your teeth)."

Also I'd like to remind you that wrath is a fucking SIN. Son you are going to hell.
>>
>>18504224
Wow, you're pretty edgy.
I bet you're really deep and interesting and dark and stuff.
Like, woah.
>>
File: judgementday.png (355KB, 476x600px) Image search: [Google]
judgementday.png
355KB, 476x600px
>>18504995
That is the sacrifice Jesus makes for us all. He is the Judge, so we don't have to bear that responsibility.

Something to be eternally grateful for.
>>
>>18505041
yeah that's kinda what Im saying.
>>
>>18504224
I accidentally killed someone with magic, and I'm definitely not okay with it.

It's not normal to be "doing just fine" after killing someone, even if you are a diagnosed psychopath. If you're okay with the results, then on some level you must have wanted it to happen.
>>
>>18504790
Ayy thanks :)
>>
Can anyone tell me where to start exploring mesoamerican shamanisn? I'm half salvadorian and the Mayan civilization is almost always in the back of my mind.
>>
Never go on /x/ to ask how to summon a succubus.

But really- never do anything to harm anyone. Very bad news there.
>>
>>18505085
>I accidentally killed someone with magic, and I'm definitely not okay with it.
Can you elaborate? At least so someone else doesn't do the same thing?
>>
>>18504055
leave it be.
>>
File: 1479308873656.jpg (16KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479308873656.jpg
16KB, 250x250px
>>18504064
is this a screenshot from my sexual fantasies jesus christ
>>
>>18504055
Don't use fucking magic
By its very nature it is unpredictable
>>
>>18506060
Do you have any experience with it? The way i see it anything is unpredictable if you dont know what you're doing, thats why im asking about it here first.
>>
>>18504859
It is the occult tradition to butcher language, respect it.
>>
Tell me /x. Do you have a theory of what happens to suicides after they remove themselves from his plane of existence?
>>
The most important thing to remember is that use of energy of any sort creates an imbalance, you must constantly correct this imbalance or you will be bombarded by outside forces attracted by the imbalance. This is the process known as karma. It has little to do with your morals and intentions, it is literally a corection of an imbalance of energy.
>>
>>18504064
>Hurt anyone for any reason under any circumstances
>>18504072
>Don't tell anyone you do it.

It is almost terrifying to me that there are others here exactly like me. I wouldn't normally wouldn't offer my personal advice but these two guys just said exactly what I do.
>>
>>18506479
How do you correct imbalance?
>>
>>18504398
>>18504411
>>18504650
>>18504681
not OP, but how long would it take me/how much would I have to spend to simply prove to myself that magik exists?
>>
File: Sorcery Spell Book Jackson (3).jpg (179KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sorcery Spell Book Jackson (3).jpg
179KB, 1600x1200px
>>18504102
>If you wouldn't run someone over with a car, don't curse someone to be run over with a car.
You're nuts.
The reason most people don't go killing others is because normal people know of consequences. Only people with extremely low intelligence, such as the African-American population, act out impulsively , completely unaware of the near future. They get immediately caught and they are held accountable by the US court system.
That is exactly why the Holy and gifted among us do exactly that, cast curses and binding spellings, for the evil sinner to be crushed to death by a car.
Hands clean, scott-free. Pure justice and harmony brought forth by the living saints of this earth.
>>
>>18504111
nice trips, your advice works for any living human being regardless of circumstances or need.
>>
>>18505085
>It's not normal to be "doing just fine" after killing someone, even if you are a diagnosed psychopath.

Wtf that's not how actual psychopathy works. It isn't just not caring much it's lacking the ability to experience empathy and remorse for negatively affecting others.
If it wasn't normal for a person to do fine after knowing they caused a death they wouldn't fucking be a psychopath.
>>
>>18506597
But some people work too much and/or are underweight
>>
>>18504696
Thank you so much for your meaningless input. If you're not willing to be a bit more open-minded then get out of the thread. You Christcucks are the worst.
>>
>>18506612
What about a cop that just shot a black robber who carjacked and killed a preggo lady, had a laundry list of violent offenses, and was holding children as hostages.
What about that so-called brave soldier in Iraq who got to shoot up a bunch of arabs who were defending their homes?
How about just having bombs dropped on Syria killing children and women?
You don't have be a sociopath to be a killer, you can still justify anything and sleep well at night.
>>
>>18506624
Oh sure I'm not saying people can't kill and do fine.
Just that a psychopath by definition isn't going to care. A non-reaction is normal for them, even if it's sick to us.
>>
>>18506633
i agree with you mr. double dubs

i believe that psychopaths deserve to be tortured to death. justice.
>>
>>18504398
>>18504411

this guy is a fucking professional. it is nice when the real deals come out to play with us.
>>
>>18506651
Psychopathy is prevalent in most positions of power so good luck with that.
>>
>>18506658
Don't worry, they make the easiest targets for magik users.
>>
>>18504398
I'm more interested in the spiritual than I'm on any tradittion of magic buuuut charlatans tend to have bad meditation techniques while some crazy wizard may have preserved something useful, rec me traditions to "pillage"?
>>
>>18504111
Use magic to lose weight and to get a job. :)
>>
>>18505707
>Can anyone tell me where to start exploring mesoamerican shamanisn? I'm half salvadorian and the Mayan civilization is almost always in the back of my mind.

That is pretty specific, I don't think anyone here is experienced or knowledgeable in that sort of magics, you may have to research googles on your own for that one
>>
>>18504055
you should never let evil people live happy.
>>
>>18507145
>you should never let evil people live happy.
Your words are beautiful. Your wisdom is great.
You are beautiful and great.
>>
rushing it. doing something you don't know how to properly do. playing with it.
>>
>>18506571
there's no accurate answer to that statement.
Some people are convinced after their first encounter with the most simple folk magic, in which case it might cost you a trip to your kitchen, some cooking spices, and the time it took to read up on the spellwork. Other people spend their entire lives trying to prove it to themselves. It's a little like saying "If I take up carpentry, how long until I enjoy it?" It's really going to depend on the person and their experiences.

I gave the warning regarding watching finances as higher magick, and even the serious practicing of low magic can call for a number of material components that over time can start to really add up. It's just good to give yourself some limits before you end up with a house full of magical detritus. Same as any hobby really.
>>
>>18507171
>I gave the warning regarding watching finances
The cost can be more than just money. It will take time. Stealing precious time from your life. Which in turn will cost you family friends job social functions.
It can even cost you your sanity. You do one real magic spell, and then try to do more, doing anything and everything to do it but never getting it to work again, like the first time someone does cocaine/heroin/meth, doing it over and over again hoping to get that same feeling as the first high but never getting it.
These are some of the worst case scenarios you should be aware of.
>>
>its another lets pawn favors off spirits and call it magic episode
>>
>>18504723
Changed everyones mind lmfao your such a stupid dipshit. Have fun harry potter
>>
>>18504055
Beware of trolls young cockmancer, they'll bait you into hell.
>>
>>18507179
Like any hobby or fascination. This is what I meant when I warned against obsession.

>>18507182
No seriously, your post changed my life, you've done great work here. Your post was inspired, creative, original and very powerful. No one has ever forwarded those ideas before. Well done keep up the good work. Im sorry you feel the need to insult me, but Ill take it as constructive criticism from what is clearly a great mind, thank you.
>>
How about this your an autist. Do you really believe chanting some dumb rhymes in your bedroom while burning frankensence is going to give you some sort of cosmic power to manipulate this universe in anyway. Really what goes through your fucking head. Heres a spell. A strength spell it will give you actual power. Lift weights. Lift actual weights get actual muscle and actual power. Your body will be "charming" and "hypnotic" you can "bedazzle" people. Want to know an intelligence spell. Read a fucking book. Then read more books learn more things. Pow before you know it you will actually be knowledgeable on things and wont look so stupid. Knowledge is power. There is no shortcut to unlockable power hidden in roots or tiger paws you idiot.
>>
>>18507193
thats some tasty pasta
>>
>>18504055
Believe in it
>>
Im literally flabergasted. This idiot is probably buying magic wands on the internet mad of special african wood from the jungle. Same wood used in allister crowleys wand totally worth 500. Now how much for the toad eyes and the bat wings?
>>
>>18507194
Thats my streamin conscious if you want to copy an pasta it go for it. Maybe people wont be so damn stupid
>>
File: deathcurse.jpg (28KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
deathcurse.jpg
28KB, 800x430px
>>18504696
>Magic; there is no good. it's all evil, and God thinks it is disgusting.

Don't take offense to criticism online silly billys.
I will give you a secret in life for us magic users. Christians are sheep. The best kinds of sheep!
Unlike the Muslims who truthfully tell you that they will hunt you down for their asinine beliefs, Christians are inherently evil whilst being taught contradictory to be ignorant and forgiving.
These religious cucks are nothing but target practice for magic users. Whenever tragedy strikes a Christian, the universe rejoices. The only real karma that exists is when bad things happen to Christians.
That is the only reason they exist, they must exist, it is a gift to you!
>>
>>18507201
Oh I totally will, you're brilliant. You totally wrecked this thread, good work. I bet nobodies ever told these magic fags to just work out or get a job or read books. Thats probably what's wrong with them. Do you have a blog or anything?
>>
>>18504055
The main danger is going too deep too fast and becoming some kind of faggot otherkin. Or exacerbating existing mental illness or personality disorders.

I'd avoid working with spirits right off the bat.
>>
File: 519711436.jpg (76KB, 509x339px) Image search: [Google]
519711436.jpg
76KB, 509x339px
>>18507193
Donald Trump, Obama, George Bush aren't all that particularly bright, strong or athletic, yet were arguably the most powerful men in the world at one point. Not that what you said isn't true, for the most part it is.
Just sayin'.
>>
>>18507193
Well of course that's not going to work.
Frankensence is just a potentiator for other incense
>>
>>18507232
that's more like dragons blood, Frankincense does have it's own specific correspondences and it's a favorite offertory incense for several powers.
>>
>>18507193
>magic is rhymes and tying a rat tail to your nose
that's what folklore says, not what mages do
>>
>>18507223
Lol dude knowledge isnt just memoriZing the periodic table you dumb fuck. Theres alot of qualities and characteristics to be learned. Charisma for instance also. Also did george grasp power for himself or his he part of one of thr richest most powrrful families that he spent 8 yrs humiliating and destroying with his own powerless stupidity. Probably why his stupid weak idiot brother lost to trump. There dad is a complete badass tho. Not cause e fucked goats and worshipped skulls
>>
>>18507213
Yeah i got a blog. Its called brazzers
>>
>>18507242
Dude, your typing and grammar are atrocious. You have little room to be calling anyone a dumb fuck. Calm the fuck down.
>>
>>18507249
Sorry malfoy
>>
>>18507246
HAHAHA oh shit you're funny too, you should be a celebrity or something man, thanks for being on this thread, I'm sure you have better things to be doing with all that intellect and talent.
>>
>>18507242
Both our points, being that success and power can be achieved by different means.
Even murder... now how nice would it be to do that without ever being caught.
How nice to be able to do ANYTHING without being caught. That is the true power of magik.
>>
>>18507250
Is Harry Potter the only pop cultural reference you're capable of making? Or do you just think its still clever and apropos after the fifth time simply because of the subject matter of the thread?
>>
>>18507256
Better summon a death note
>>
>>18507257
Calm down merlin. I did make an allister crowley joke too. So dont get all bewitched on me.
>>
>>18504055

There's something you must keep present always, wether you believe magic originates from an external source (entity, object..etc) or from your mind, there's something sure and that's you're mind is the catalyst for every process.

Circles of protection are just a visual reinforcement, your mental state is the nexus for every process so learn how to control your mind first, there are plenty of exercises that involve mental endurance.
>>
If you're a beginner you're unlikely to be good enough to fall into any danger. It's like asking what to watch out for while at the kiddy pool.
>>
>>18507259
Why would Americans most successful serial killers share with you their trade secrets.
Why would a mage who can do real magics ever share his power with you.
You can and will live your whole life ever seeing magiks, but sure enough, something of utmost improbability will cause nasty things to happen, at which point you will wonder if you got hit with a real life magik curse. And then maybe not.
>>
>>18507264
The only danger is falling into the trap of reading endless books but never doing consistent practice.
>>
>>18507260
Ooh three pop cultural magic references, I take it all back, you're super fucking relevant. Thanks for the input champ.
>>
>>18507267
This isn't even really dangerous, it's just kind of a waste of time, but if you enjoy the reading material, whatever.
>>
>>18507265
Yeah its like why would big foot reveal himself when he can still live underground with the mole people
>>
>>18507267
Yeah godforbid they never burn any pentragrams in there floor while sacrificing livestock
>>
>>18504055
never use magic to get a girlfriend, they are always fat
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 179x281px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 179x281px
>>18507274
Well, people make up the myth of creatures for entertainment purposes...
I do get your attempt of analogy though.
As responsible human beings, we are to live by facts and science, everything can be explained.
Now explain why 70% of Americans are Christians?
>>
>>18507278
As a responsible human being, I can presume then that your background is in the hard sciences somewhere?
>>
>>18507275
I meant meditative work. The success of any workings are directly related to the strength of your focus. If you can't sit down and focus for ten minutes then all the grimoires in the world won't help you.
>>
>>18504055
Love. It will never be real and true if you use magic.

Lust is fine, if you only care about a superficial sexual relationship, but don't fuck around with love.
>>
>>18507278
Darwanism. Its the religion that is left standing. Nothing to do with horcrux or books of the dead.
>>
>>18504055
Pick up women.
>>
>>18507278
Is this a real question. Are you implying christianity is the only religions that involves magic? Because every single one is all based on magic.
>>
>>18507281
I would hope everyone on this forum is educated up to their age level, teens being highschool and adults as college educated.
This forum is almost a joke, but the topic is specific.
I would demand that most people be skeptics to the point of offensiveness. I to demand proof for outlandish stupid claims. But what if you have a gift of... say, you can rob ATMs consistently and with 100% fullproof safety. Would would ever feel the need to share that personal fact if confronted?
We all hope to live and die without ever seeing the supernatural, and we can say with full confidence that it isn't real, fortunately, or unfortunately, some people get to experience magik. That is all.
>>
>>18507291
It's spelled Darwinism.
If you're going to be a knight of the fedora you might as well spell properly.
>>
>>18507295
I imply that ALL religion is fake and nonsense. But magik is real. That is what I believe, don't take it personal and try not to get offended.
>>
>>18507291
I'm with you bro. My favorite book is Stephen Hawking's: A Brief History of Time.

No magics about it, but I believe magic is real, that is why I am so damn superstitious, that is a terrible thing to have to live by, not knowing what is out there.
>>
>>18507296
Yeah magik the gathering
>>
>>18507302
Your the one who posed the stupid ass question then flip flopped
>>
>>18504938
Exodus 22:18
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."

Leviticus 19:31
"Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I [am] the LORD your God."

Leviticus 20:6
"And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people."

Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Leviticus 20:27 "A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood [shall be] upon them."

1 Chronicles 10:13 "So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, [even] against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking [counsel] of [one that had] a familiar spirit, to enquire [of it];"

Deuteronomy 18:11 - Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

Deuteronomy 18:10-11 "There shall not be found among you [any one] that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, [or] that useth divination, [or] an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
>>
>>18507296
>adults as college educated.
You hope in vain.

>This forum is almost a joke
Then leave.

>I would demand
Who are you to demand anything of anyone?

>I to demand proof for outlandish stupid claims.
*too (are you fully educated for your age?)
You again are in no position to make demands, no one has demanded anything of you.

>We all hope to live and die without ever seeing the supernatural
Speak for yourself.

>we can say with full confidence that it isn't real
Again, are you fully educated? That is not how science or predictive models work, you cannot say anything of the sort.

>some people get to experience magik
Well if some people experience it how can you say with any certainty at all that it doesn't exist?
>>
>>18507311
I believe in magic or magik. Just not like these idiots. When are a girl wants to be beautiful she learns to do make up and gets in shape learns to dress. She doesnt whisper incantations till she metamorphasiZes. They dont grasp that make up is a magic transformation its an illusion and thats about as magical as it gets. The moon wont give you power unless your talking about the reflected sunlight that gives you vitamen d.
>>
>>18507319
Most stupid people do stupid things, most stupid people believe in stupid things, accept it.
A smart person, you, should know that superstition is false. As a smart person, you should also accept that there are still nearly infinite things that we cannot explain with science.
Mankind just hasn't be around that long to research everything, compounded with science being held back centuries at a time by religious fanatics.
Use your own education and experiences to fully live your life better than your peers. Magic isn't for everyone, but some people are gifted, or cursed with it. History will show how the ignorant lived, it was by magic and superstition, just because they didn't know any better doesn't fully dispel the notion that all supernatural occurrences were fake.
>>
>>18507336
Yeah i could dispel them all just doesnt mean you will listen. You can drag a donkey to water doesnt mean he will drink even if hes dying.

Most of these idiots will always believe this stupid superstitions. Just like a christian assume dumb random shit is a sign on confirmation of said supernatural forces. People do the same lame shit with karma. Oh something bad happened cause i did something bad. I better go do good deeds so something good happens.
>>
>>18507325
>Well if some people experience it how can you say with any certainty at all that it doesn't exist?
That is why I say I believe magik, I know it to be real, because ... I have experienced it. :D
Even if I were the only one on earth to have ever, I know it to be real..., that only opens the Pandoras box.
Most may only have romantic hopes of being a magic user, hence the mainstream popularity, but for those who can do magic, it is almost a drug, we want more and we can't stop, we will search endlessly for answers, well it is that way for me.
>>
>>18507347
:D Very good points! I agree with all statements.
>>
>>18507352
What will you do if or when you find its all explained by science and you have been chasing the unicorn like a junky
>>
>>18507323
>"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."
Exodus 22? are you fucking serious?
So you practice Dowries for virgins and believe that all foreigners and strangers should always be treated with total respect right? You NEVER speak badly about your rulers and leaders right? You naturally give god part of your groceries, and of course you sacrificed your first born son right? And naturally youve never eaten wild game?

Because thats Ex 22, hope youre following instructions.

As for Leviticus, you're already breaking the rules by being here, whoops.

Rev 21 gives you no authority, that right is claimed by god.

Lev 20:27 also condemns anyone who cheats, any male who sees their female family members naked, anyone who has unclothed sex during menstruation (somehow), to either death or ostracization. Do you observe all of those?

Youre misinterpreting 1 Chronicles 10:13 read it again

Deutoronomy 18:14 specifically states:
“For those nations, which you shall dispossess, listen to those who practice witchcraft and to diviners, but as for you, the LORD your God has not allowed you to do so."
Meaning, fuck off. Those of us who practice it are allowed to, you however are not.

Using the bible to win this argument is going to fail, change tactics.
>>
>>18507347
>You can drag a donkey to water doesnt mean he will drink even if hes dying.

yes... yes it will, no living creature would die from dehydration when it has the ability to drink water
>>
>>18507361
I can't speak for anonymous, but the religious and spiritual practices I follow specifically allow for this and get just as excited as anyone else when new information is discovered or old superstitions are destroyed. There's always a unicorn though.

The problem I think a lot of people in this thread are making is to assume that anyone who is religious or spiritual clings to unwavering dogma in the face of progress like so many of the abrahamic traditions require, and that is not the case.
>>
>>18507361
Well when science gives quantum powers to individuals where they can spontaneously create, levitate, teleport, destroy things with their minds or simple hand gestures, I will change my beliefs that witchcraft is really an advanced science field.
Right now all we have is to seek others who are more versed and knowledgeable, there is endless literature of the subject, which many are repetitious dead ends.
There is also the possibility that I am unique from all others and I am special? Pure delusion and fantasy I would say if I heard others say it, but life is 1000x times better knowing that I know magik is real and applicable to daily life. Take that however you want.
>>
>>18507385
If you could really levitate and fly you would be considered a god. Enjoy your stupid parlour tricks or ignorant fantasies david copperfield wannabe
>>
>>18504064
YOU'RE TEARING ME APART ANON!
>>
>>18504055
Never share your secret with the world, they will only steal your power and abuse it, after they killed you.
>>
>>18504064

Turn-the-other-cheekism doesn't belong in ANY magical philosophy of any kind - except perhaps the Abrahamic.
>>
>>18504398
>>18504411

Wow, something I've rarely seen on /x/ before... someone who actually seems to know what they're talking about! A tip of the pointy wizard cap to you sir/ma'am.
>>
>>18504224
There a no such thing as a 'medically diagnosed psychopath' you stupid fucking kid.
>>
>>18508379
Are you retarded? Psychopathy is a mental disorder also refered to as "antisocial personality disorder" and you can be diagnosed with it by a fucking professionall.
>>
>>18508269
what does this guy mean?
>>
>>18504055
The first message will tell you that God removed his presence from your life. His blessings go to.
>>
Never use your special abilities other than for self benefit.
>>
File: 1480552052994.gif (827KB, 350x437px) Image search: [Google]
1480552052994.gif
827KB, 350x437px
You can
-give a person a speedy or healthy recovery
-bring good fortune upon yourself or others (amount of luck varies)
-bring misfortune onto others without harming them
-give from yourself to make any of the above more potent

You should not
-try to bring anyone back to life. Not because of karmic backlash or anything, it just won't work and is a waste of time
-directly cause someone's death. The amount of power needed to actually kill someone with magic is far too severe for a human to handle karma-wise.
-summon a demon. Literally no good can come of it, and no quick pleasure is worth the bad stuff they can put you through
-offer another person's soul as any kind of payment without their consent. Offering their blood is different, but a soul is a person's possession that only they can give. Or something like that.
-try and give yourself wizard powers. Won't work, and on the off chance it does karmic/demonic punishment will occur eventually. But it won't work anyway, so meh.
-turning back time or turning someone into an animal or some shit. Doesn't work and you look like an idiot trying.

The stuff humans can actually do is fairly limited. Mostly by the fact that we simply aren't meant to use magic. Our bodies are created by God, who may or may not have put limits on our bodies/souls to keep us from doing so. Some people try, and some succeed. But in doing so give up their souls/bodies to beings no one should meet.

Up to you if you think it's worth the risk. I believe in magic, but I also believe we just aren't meant to have it.
>>
>>18510139

I frequently do one of those you listed as "You can"

I also frequently do one of the listed as "You should not"

It is my entire life now, that is all I do. Life is now heaven.
>>
>>18507552
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEDrMriKsFM
Bow down to your god.
>>
>>18510139
All humans possess some kind of lock within them. It's up to the individual to figure out what its key is. Killing through magic isn't wrong. None of those things are wrong. However, the more imbalance you generate, the stronger the feedback is. It's possible to do most of these things through sheer willpower. Wear the seal of your choice for a month. Try meditating and talking to the entity on a daily basis. The results are real. Also it isn't possible to turn back time but it's possible to bend it
>>
>>18510668
>Also it isn't possible to turn back time but it's possible to bend it
Ooh, now here is an interesting ideal. Can you tell us more about what you think on how that works? It is all new to me, the concept seems plausible. Gravitation waves between two colliding blackholes were just discovered, relativity is real, gps satellites confirm it.
>>
>>18506596
You are an evil sinner.
>>
>>18510693
What do you mean? Why do you think that? If you had the power, wouldn't you destroy all the evil beings that you came across? Like a trigger happy police officer who wasn't bound by broken US laws that protects and releases murderous criminals onto the public?
>>
>>18510704
This person adopted a young girl, beat, abused, and then had her raped, strangled, then chopped up into pieces. She lied to police saying the girl ran away, while continuing to collect weekly government checks that were meant for the girl. She worked for a government welfare agency.

Who is the evil sinner? Her, or you, the liberal that to continues to protect evil criminals?
>>
>>18505707

Shit there was a link to a huge amount of books, your best bet is to try and get that mega link.
i could have sworn this was talked about in a thread about 4-5 weeks ago. never bothered reading this stuff but II somehow remebered it now. Just look for that mega link
>>
>>18510712
>drew some circles and lit a candle in their room
>I only use my powers to smite evil, you pleb!
>>
>>18504055
love spells
anything Christianized
>>
>>18510734
what link mate?
>>
As a simple thumb of rule, if you see them, think twice about talking to them.

Once you start talking to them it increases the chance dramatically of them noticing you. Once that happens... well... better you than me.
>>
>>18510712
>her
>beard
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.