[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend found this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: received_10211312221230274.jpg (67KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
received_10211312221230274.jpg
67KB, 720x960px
So I'm just chillin at my friends house, when his wife asks me if I knew anything about potential occult symbolism, pic related.

Now, friends wife and her sister found pic related in the addic of their late uncles house. Dude was from the early 1900's and had a history of dabbling in the occult. Based on my limited knowledge I'd wager that it is either local occultism or something about alchemy.

Now, the kicker is: I'm from the rural farmlands of Denmark, religion isn't big here anymore and hasn't really been for the last couple of decades and I only ever heard the occasional druggie rumor about devil worshippers in the local forests.

Some more info, it might be related to a friend of the uncle, who came from Iceland. And we all know Iceland is a magical paradise filled with shady shit.

>TL;DR
Need any info on jewelry in pic related.
If it turns out to be nothing, I'll just delete this thread so as to not waste precious board space
>>
Shameless selfbump
>>
>>18504035
*attic

Fucktard
>>
>>18504035
bumpo
>>
>>18504035
Bumpp
>>
looks to be of Nordic origin judging by its structure. best guess, but its a start.
>>
File: gi[1].png (13KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
gi[1].png
13KB, 375x500px
Looks kind of like a cross with an upside down fehu stuck on it.
>>
some say any perversion of the Christian cross can be used as a symbol by the Illuminati
>>
Looks like a guy spreading his legs and showing of his dick if im not mistaken.
>>
>>18504035
not legit
>>
>>18504035
It looks like a sigil. Can't tell what it is for though.
>>
>>18504035
wow OP it's been awhile since Ive seen a glyph or symbol I have no idea on. At the risk of coming off arrogant, I know a lot of occult and religious symbols and I dont recognize this at all.

Its reminiscent of an eastern orthodox cross, but clearly not that. The double diagonal seems related to Fehu like >>18505491
said. but its presence on a cross like that is weird

I dont believe it's strictly germanic or icelandic it doesnt look like any seidr staffs or bindrunes Im familiar with. I dont recognize it as any of the alchemical symbols I know.

The crossbars on the ends of the cross are weird, its again reminiscent of a christian cross variant, but the fact that the bottom crossbar is cut off is weird.

As weird as this sounds it kind of reminds me of a cattle brand.

If this isnt a personal sigil, Im not really sure what it could be, the influences on the shape are all weird, I cannot find any refferences in any of my symbol or language dictionaries, Im stumped af.

You might ask in /omg/ they know a lot of the weird stuff.
>>
>>18505874
Sounds legit
>>
>>18505874
/thread
>>
>>18506073
Thanks to everyone and you especially.
Your idea about the eastern orthodox might be a clue, asked if the uncle had friends in eastern Europe and he did have a few people he wrote letters to. So it might just be a fun little personal thing made by an orthodox dude who dabbled in nordic culture.

In any case, we now have a better idea of what it is and I appreciate the help.

Thread can die now unless any of you have some personal stories about sigils and what not
>>
>>18505491
I was thinking maybe Anzus would be more appropriate. It is a rune of being close to the god after all.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.