[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what kind of time travel/manipulation is possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Is any kind of time travel or time manipulation possible? how do you do it if it is? what are the limits?
>>
None
>>
just because you're puny mind can't not comprehend it does not mean it is not possible
>>
>>18503789
My puny mind knows the difference between your and you're.
>>
I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that if you could travel around earth at the speed of light then your body would not age. So theoretically it is possible to travel forward in time.
>>
>>18503935
You are always traveling forward in time...
>>
>>18503328
t=T(1/sqr[1-v^2/C^2]

there you go OP. Time dilation. t is the dilated time, T is the actual time, V is velocity, C is speed of light.

things that have energy bend space time. I.e. if you are traveling very fast, time acts differently. The same as if you are on a body that hass a lot of mass, it will dilate time.

Fun fact: some douche in a plane flying at low orbit level realized that his clock was different than the clock at the base from which it took off.

this led to a series of experiments where they noted that a plane flying at low orbit would experience a different passage of time than felt on earth.

p.s. Your body is a time traveling device and you are always traveling forward in time.
>>
>>18503798
yore kidding me right?
>>
>>18503718
this.
>>
>>18505134
Duuuuuuude
>>
Time Travel paradoxes always confused the hell out of me.

>go back in time to stop hitler
>kill hitler
>everything cancels out and nothing changes because if hitler was stopped, then you had no reason to go back in time to kill him.
>>
>>18506066
You would just be jumping timelines.
Everything forks.
>>
>>18505220
Yer a jerk
>>
>>18503328
Things in the present can change things in the past in quantum physics.
>>
>>18503328
If it is, and if the past has been travelled to by our descendants, any repercussions are already being felt. I would guess that only time loops that can possibly exist are stable ones.
We're already quite sure we can travel through time. In fact, it's the reason why this year was one second longer than it should've been. Gravity has a tendency to make time go slightly slower, according to the current atomic clocks we have, and speeds beyond that of light tend to make time go faster. So, approaching a singularity with enough gravitational pull would probably eventually make time go into reverse (although the stretching associated with that would kill you far before you would start to actually time travel,) or creating an engine that would go fast enough to approach the speed of light would cause you to go forward in time (although, again, going at that speed would probably crush you and any vessel that we currently have available.)
I'm guessing you're asking if there is any way that humans would be able to survive time travel, though, and at this point, there isn't any foreseeable way to do so, physically speaking, unless we can somehow figure out how to do it indirectly, with super resilient robotics/brain uploads of some sort.
Physics is fucked, yo.
>>
File: i wonder which loop this one is.jpg (174KB, 840x840px) Image search: [Google]
i wonder which loop this one is.jpg
174KB, 840x840px
>>18506066
>kill Hitler
>everything converges back into the exact same moment where you decided to go back in time, by some kind of near-impossible series of coincidences that leads to a mass delusion where everyone believes Hitler existed and caused the holocaust
>you're the only one who knows that Hitler was really dead all along and couldn't have caused it
>or do you
>you start doubting yourself
>you travel back in time again to kill Hitler
>same thing repeats
>we're all stuck in an infinite loop between Date of Hitler's death and Date of first time travel, and the events in between keep changing between "hitler really killed the jews, making time travel necessary" and "hitler did nothing wrong but mass delusion caused the time travel"
>great job you broke the universe
>>
>>18506607
i totally get where you're coming from, dude, but at the same time, i don't know that unstable time loops are even possible. as soon as something is changed, the effects are felt automatically, including in the person who has time travelled. As soon as any change significant enough is made, everything leading up to someone wanting to change something is different, and people's intentions are different.
i'm thinking that every time loop is stable to the point that nothing will be changed through time travel, if it exists.
believe me, dude, some idiot is going to want to see dinosaurs, and is going to invariably fuck something up. if they do so in the future, it has already happened, and we are already feeling the effects.
>>
>>18506607
>mass delusion
>holocaust

well actually...
>>
>>18503935
Basic time dilation. Nothing esoteric at all. This is just a property of Einstein's theory of relativity
>>
>>18506642
Yep. Which one are we in? There's gotta be a "jews did it" loop in the mix, too.

Better go back in time to kill the je... wait
>>
>>18506655
>people still automatically think of hitler as the worst despite there clearly being worse out there (like associating a sport with a country that comes 3rd in it)
>questioning the holocaust can get you 12 year sentences

haha nah man doesn't matter you just do your thing
>>
Imagine if someone did have the power to time travel, would they tell you or share with the world?
What kind of destruction would they bring at the thought of others threatening them or just the knowledge of others just having the same power?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.