[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rainbow body

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_4325.jpg (54KB, 195x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4325.jpg
54KB, 195x280px
Between China and India (China being Tibet basically) there are 160,000 documented cases of people going through this process
>>
File: IMG_4326.gif (16KB, 173x173px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4326.gif
16KB, 173x173px
Stories of luminosity or saintly radiance are common among Christian saints, Sufis, Taoist sages, Hindu yogis, Buddhist mystics and indigenous shamans. Many are historically documented, not metaphor. I am talking about actually radiating light, about radiance emanating from the physical body like light from a light bulb, to extreme cases of becoming a translucent bubble of light. The ultimate Great Completion culmination is the Rainbow or Body of Light attainment. This is widely recognized as a sign of extreme sanctity in Tibetan Buddhism and among the Bönpo. Reports of this level of transmutation are rare, but still they occur and have been chronicled far into antiquity. Interestingly the Bön lays historical claim to a lineage of Dzogchen that pre-dates the entry of Buddhism into Tibet. Rainbow or Body of Light attainment is not limited to Buddhism, as I started out by saying stories of luminosity abound in all the great religions of the planet, but to understand the process we turn to the rationalist Buddhist of Tibet and the well documented and delineated practice of Dzogpa Chenpo or simply Dzogchen.
>>
>>18502788
go on!!
>>
File: IMG_4327.jpg (196KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4327.jpg
196KB, 480x640px
Padmasambhava, AKA Guru Rinpoche, is said to have
used mind over matter to imprint the image in stone inside the Asura Cave in Nepal.

In the same program Wilcock explains that the below image is, "The hand of Padmassanbhava that melted its way right into the rock... He just mashes his hand right into the rock because he has now achieved command over physical matter, because he is the matter... He can change it right back to it's vibrational state, it's no longer solid."
>>
“Concerning matter, we have been all wrong. What we have called matter is energy, whose vibration has been so lowered as to be perceptible to the senses. There is no matter.”

Albert Einstein
>>
I don't believe it's physical light, though of course wtf do I know. I do know that most people operate at such a low level of expressiom of their inner self that we are all used to not seeing other people's energetic, subtle, spiritual light. On the rare occasions when you come across someone who is operating with a bit more juice and clarity it does affect our energetic sense, basically our ability to sense or 'see' auras, and it is easy to interpret that as physical light if you're not used to perceiving in this way.

But yes, the path of attainment is well documented and we can follow it. It's 1.20pm and I've got a hangover, a coffee and a bacon sandwich. Namaste.
>>
>>18502801
Thanks! I've been here the whole time!
>>
File: IMG_4328.jpg (36KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4328.jpg
36KB, 300x226px
To-gal is the final practice of Dzogchen. This final practice enables the master yogi or yogini to dissolve his or her physical body into the essence of the elements at the time of death. The master disappears into a body of light becoming the wisdom body, the term is called ‘Ja’-lus or The Rainbow Body, in Tibetan. It has other names in other mystical traditions. This level of attainment is also the central aim of Indian Buddhist tantricism known as Vajrayana that the Taoists call the golden body. Another term is Soruba Samidhi, the golden body, a state of God-realization in which Divinity descends and transforms the spiritual, intellectual, mental, vital and physical bodies. It is considered physical immortality or the highest perfection.
The final process of dissolution of the body happens over varying amounts of time ranging from a short period to many days. During this process the body shrinks dramatically eventually down to only bits of hair, toe-finger nails, and possible nasal septum left behind. Some saints such as the great Milarepa (1050-1123) and Padmasambhava dissolved entirely into light, leaving no relics behind at all...
Often masters that attain the Body of Light will return one last time out of compassion for their beloved disciples and give what are known as posthumous teachings, delivered in the form of a last testament. Often the master is in the transfigured state on occasion suspended in the sky.
>>
MORE BUDDHIST MAY MAYS PLOX! im about to attain the shit out of this
>>
File: IMG_4329.jpg (51KB, 207x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4329.jpg
51KB, 207x280px
Thogal – Translates as “direct crossing” or “leap over”.
It comprises of the final stage practice in Dzogchen in order to ‘attain’ the Body of Light, although in actual fact it is ones true body and one is merely dissolving that which obscures it.
Practices include sun and sky gazing, staring into the Vajra chains, various yogic postures and the Six Lamps of Awareness.
In short, it mostly involves literally integrating the universe ‘out there’ with ones consciousness. Realizing that it is all made up of dancing light and that it is in fact your very self, one eventually (re)turns into light, able to take on any form at any time and go anywhere.
>>
lurking for the may mays. p sure im about to do this
>>
>>18502821
im kind of serious keep em coming
>>
File: IMG_4330.jpg (51KB, 307x359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4330.jpg
51KB, 307x359px
In short, it mostly involves literally integrating the universe ‘out there’ with ones consciousness. Realizing that it is all made up of dancing light and that it is in fact your very self, one eventually (re)turns into light, able to take on any form at any time and go anywhere.
http://www.buddhabrats.com/glossary/thogal#sthash.g2b2FQIS.dpuf
The ultimate fruition of the thodgal practices is a body of pure light, called a rainbow body (Wylie 'ja' lus, pronounced Jalü.)[5] If the four visions of thogal are not completed before death, then at death, from the point of view of an external observer, the following happens: the corpse does not start to decompose, but starts to shrink until it disappears. Usually fingernails, toenails and hair are left behind[6] (see e.g. Togden Urgyen Tendzin, Ayu Khandro, Changchub Dorje.) The attainment of the rainbow body is typically accompanied by the appearance of lights and rainbows.[5]
>>
File: IMG_4331.jpg (35KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4331.jpg
35KB, 600x450px
The four visions (Tib. སྣང་བ་བཞི་, Wyl. snang ba bzhi) of tögal are:
direct realization of reality itself (Tib. ཆོས་ཉིད་མངོན་སུམ་, chönyi ngön sum; Wyl. chos nyid mngon sum)
increasing experience (Tib. ཉམས་གོང་འཕེལ་, nyam gong pel; Wyl. nyams gong ‘phel)
awareness reaching full maturity (Tib. རིག་པ་ཚད་ཕེབས་, rigpa tsé pep; Wyl. rig pa tshad phebs)
dissolution of experience into the nature of reality (Tib. ཆོས་ཉིད་ཟད་ས་, chönyi zésa, chönyi zépa or chözé lodé; Wyl.chos nyid zad sa)
>>
>>18502829
oh well now that you say it
>>
File: IMG_4332.jpg (83KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4332.jpg
83KB, 500x375px
Rainbow Body practitioner
Composed by His Eminence Dzogchen Khenpo Choga Rinpoche and his disciples on the 23rd of November, 2013, the auspicious day of Lha Bab Duchen, the Buddha’s Mother’s Day, at the auspicious place of the Dzogchen Retreat Center, USA.
Dear Students,
As you know from my recent message, my precious teacher Dzogchen Lama Karma Rinpoche passed away on the 11th of November, 2013. Yesterday I received extraordinary news from my Dharma friends in the holy Dzogchen area of Tibet that the sacred body of my kind teacher Lama Karma has obviously and dramatically shrunk in size. Lama Karma’s body was about 175cm (approx. 5’9”) tall, but two weeks after he passed away, his seated body has now shrunk to about 20cm (approx. 8”), which means his body, including his skeleton, shrank nearly 80%. According to Dzogchen tantra, this kind of miraculous display shows he has attained the Small Rainbow Body, which is a sign that he has attained the supreme accomplishment of Buddha in this very life. Please deeply rejoice in his devoted practice and realization of Dzogchen. In doing so, you accumulate immeasurable merit.
https://bodhiactivity.wordpress.com/2013/11/29/rainbow-body-practitioner/
>>
>>18502834
I rejoice.
>>
File: IMG_4333.jpg (85KB, 338x341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4333.jpg
85KB, 338x341px
Tradition holds that terma may be a physical object such as a text or ritual implement that is buried in the ground (or earth), hidden in a rock or crystal, secreted in a herb, or a tree, hidden in a lake (or water), or hidden in the sky (space). Though a literal understanding of terma is "hidden treasure", and sometimes objects are hidden away, the teachings associated should be understood as being 'concealed within the mind of the guru', that is, the true place of concealment is in the tertön's mindstream. If the concealed or encoded teaching or object is a text, it is often written in dakini script: a non-human type of code or writing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terma_%28religion%29

"Termas are very interesting, because one of the things that these monks would do throughout the next 1,200 years is they would download the Termas. They would channel the original texts, without having any documents in front of them and they were tested based on how accurately they could transcribe the original and they would fail the test if they didn't get every single word exactly correct. Now these scriptures in some cases would be hidden away in far off Monasteries that nobody had visited in a long time and then after they had channeled the Terma, they would go back to the Monastery where the original copy was stored and then compare the two" - Wisdom Teachings with David Wilcock: [#71] The Path of Padmasambhava - See more at: http://www.gaiamtv.com/video/71-path-padmasambhava#sthash.kIBO4hnZ.dpuf
"Some of the Termas included material that was embeded in rocks and converted skeptics because they didn't believe in any of this stuff and then the master would say well then break open that rock over there and then they would and there would be an object in it just like he described. So this ultimately knocked down people's denial and helped them on this rainbow body quest." - Wisdom Teachings with David Wilcock
>>
File: IMG_4336.jpg (29KB, 248x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4336.jpg
29KB, 248x280px
Lama A-chos told Tiso that it takes sixty years of intensive practice to achieve the rainbow body. “Whether it always takes that long, I don’t know,” acknowledges Tiso, “but we would like to be able to incorporate, in a respectful way, some of these practices into our own Western philosophical and religious traditions.”

At the same time, continues Tiso, the research team plans to expend the scope of this research beyond the confines of the Tibetan culture, so they can compare the rainbow body phenomenon with the resurrection of Jesus Christ. To our knowledge, says Tiso, the bodies of most Christian saints did not disappear or shrink after their deaths.
“Highly realized saints in Catholic and Orthodox Christianity tend to move in the direction of incorruption, so that the body does not decay after death.”
However, he adds, bodily ascensions are mentioned in the Bible and other traditional texts for Enoch, Mary, Elijah, and possibly Moses. And there are numerous stories of saints materializing after their death, similar to the widespread phenomenon known as the “light-body.”
“In my church of Saints Cosmas and Damian in Italy, we have a large number of accounts, going back centuries, that indicate that these saints appeared in dreams and visions, rescued people from harm, and cured them of diseases. Even today, people still tell me they have these visions,” says Tiso.
>>
File: IMG_4337.jpg (50KB, 280x255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4337.jpg
50KB, 280x255px
In Dream Yoga and the Practice of Natural Light, Chögyal Namkhai Norbu gives instructions for developing clarity within the sleep and dream states. He goes beyond the practices of lucid dreaming that have been popularized in the West by presenting methods for guiding dream states that are part of a broader system for enhancing self-awareness called Dzogchen. In this tradition, the development of lucidity in the dream state is understood in the context of generating greater awareness for the ultimate purpose of attaining liberation.
This revised and expanded edition includes additional material from a profound and personal Dzogchen book, which Chögyal Namkhai Norbu wrote over many years. This material deepens the first edition's emphasis on specific exercises to develop awareness within the dream and sleep states. Also included in this book is a text written by Mipham, the nineteenth-century master of Dzogchen, which offers additional insights into this extraordinary form of meditation and awareness.

The god Heimdallr stands before the rainbow bridge while blowing a horn (1905) by Emil Doepler. In Norse mythology, Bifröst (Listeni//[1] or sometimes Bilröst or Bivrost) is a burning rainbow bridge that reaches between Midgard (the world) and Asgard, the realm of the gods.
>>
>>18502805
Reminds a lot of Christ's body vanishing from the tomb. Also Enoch being taken entirely up into the heavens.
>>
>>18502893
Oh yeah, that's mentioned here >>18502846

Yeah, interesting thread, OP. Thanks.
>>
>>18502785
Just wanted to bump and say great thread, OP. Threads like this are why I wade through the rivers of shit posting on /x/. Sometimes you find gold
>>
>>18502785
Where are those documents then?
>>
This might be unrelated but I have seen 2 people die and both times it seemed like minutes after death their skin tone became more dull, they lost their glow or light. Sure since blood isn't flowing the skin tone will change but both times it seemed like more than that had happened
>>
>>18503005
+1
>>
File: IMG_4334.jpg (115KB, 399x510px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4334.jpg
115KB, 399x510px
The Good Heart: A Buddhist Perspective on the Teachings of Jesus -
The result of the Dalai Lama's decision to lead the 1994 John Main Seminar sponsored by the World Community for Christian Meditation, this book is a record of the seminar. It is refreshing to read the Dalai Lama's meditations on the New Testament selections, many of which he had never read before this seminar but which are among the most familiar for Christians. As His Holiness thinks about famous passages like the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5:1-10) and Jesus' resurrection appearance to Mary (John 20:10-18), we see them from the entirely new perspective of Tibetan Buddhist spiritual knowledge and understanding. Consequently, familiar passages are renewed and opened to unexpected insights. In his readings and his dialogues with other seminar participants, the Dalai Lama establishes himself as an authentic presence respectful of Christian traditions. Indeed, he insists that his purpose in the dialogues is not to cast doubt on Christianity but to help others rediscover the deeper meaning and power of the Christian tradition. This is a fascinating book which deserves a great deal of attention in these times of multicultural exchange. Related:

Jesus was a Buddhist Monk BBC Documentary
The Tibetan Book of Meditation - Meditation helps us relax, sharpens our minds, and increases our creativity. In The Tibetan Book of Meditation, Lama Christie McNally demonstrates that meditation also provides a much greater gift. It awakens our innate potential to shape our reality, to make moments of joy last forever, and to bring us the peace and contentment that we all ultimately seek.
>>
File: IMG_4338.jpg (30KB, 250x289px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4338.jpg
30KB, 250x289px
So how is it that we can avoid falling under the power of conditions, it is through
stabilizing mindful awareness. When we go outside and we engage our daily activities, if
we do so with mindfulness then we will become like Milarepa, who sang “Whenever I go
from one place to another, I am bring all appearances onto the path.” So for example if
we are sitting down and suddenly we have the wish to get up and go do something, we
should just for a moment look at the mind that wants to get up and do. When we do this,
the wish to get up and go dissipates and then within a state free of needing to get up, we
can get up and engage our activities. When we want to eat something, we should first just
recognize that desire to eat, and then the desire itself is liberated. And within a state of
desirelessness eat the food. When we suddenly give rise to anger at something someone
has said to us, we can look at that mind of anger and it will dissipate and then we can
respond in a state free of anger. In this way by cultivating mindful awareness we can
engage all of our activities in a state free of negative emotions. We can enjoy all of the
five objects of senses pleasure in a state free of fixation. This is what it means to mix
awareness with conduct.
>>
File: IMG_4201.jpg (417KB, 1489x2558px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4201.jpg
417KB, 1489x2558px
At the time when we are engaging activities, we should do so in the context of the
Tregchod practice or the practice of destroying delusion. So what is this Dzogchen view
of Tregchod, it is when the mind is abiding in a state free of fixation on negative
emotions as being real. So for example when you are extremely hungry and then you see
food, you immediately want to eat it so that you mouth starts watering, and if in that
moment you look at the desire to eat, the desire itself dissipates. In this way you directly
cut through the fixation. That is what we call Tregchod or the direct cutting through. We
also use this term “Trushak” in Tibetan, which means destroying delusion. And so for
example if you taste something and it tastes so delicious to you, in that moment you
should think, its not that this food is ultimately delicious because for someone else it
doesn’t taste the same way. I see it as delicious because I have been habituated in that
way from an early age, if it was ultimately delicious, everyone would think it was
delicious. So in this way my notion that this food is so delicious, it is delusion. So when I
recognize my habituated perception as delusion, then I can let go of it and I can eat
whatever is healthy, whatever supports the health of the body without creating a lot of
distinction between delicious and not delicious. In this way, I destroy my delusive
fixation. Then I can enjoy whatever food I eat, as I would enjoy partaking of the five
nectars.
>>
File: IMG_4340.jpg (100KB, 340x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4340.jpg
100KB, 340x420px
These teachings on Tregchod and destroying delusions can be understood in another way,
whenever we give rise to attachment and aversion and we have fixation on them, that
fixation obscures the mind. If we recognize the fixation, through the power of our
meditation or our awareness, the fixation itself dissipates and then it does not obscure the
mind. If we have pure water for example and we pour milk into it, the water becomes
clouded, it is obscured and in a similar way, fixation on negative emotions obscures the
mind. If we give rise to great anger and then we recognize the anger, it is purified through
the recognition. So we should understand that the fixation is what obscures the mind and
when we are free of fixation, negative emotions are spontaneously purified. The
awareness that we cultivate is like a flame that burns away the fuel of all arising
afflictions. In this way although anger may arise, it does no harm at all. When the anger
is recognized with awareness, it is rendered impotent, there is no sensation, there is no
feeling associated with the anger, this is what is meant by destroying delusion. If on the
other hand we fixate on the anger and we remain in a state of fixation that is the very
essence of delusion. Now it is through engaging the practice of the natural state that you
will experience, you will understand experientially what I am talking about. When you
are in a state free of fixation, there is nothing at that can arise that obscures the mind, this
is what is meant by destroying delusion.
>>
>>18503254
yes, or you could live your life and quit being such a fool.
>>
hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that buddhism is retarded.
>>
>>18503249
Fuck the Dalai Lama. Why doesn't he quit sucking China's dick, and go lead his people out of oppression? Oh right, he's too busy giving dharma talks about mindfulness to white people with money.
>>
i fukin love buddhist may mays
>>
Last bamp
>>
>>18504700
>>18504704
>>18504715
>>18504768
>>18506427

Oh look, America just woke up. Hey Guys...
>>
>>18506632
i was being serious when i said i love may mays
>>
PRAISE KEK SHADILAY
>>
>>18506664

I'm sure you were...
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.