[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Missing 411 and You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Haven't seen one in a bit. I have some thoughts on Paulides below but I want to know if anyone on /x/ has any stories which fall into the realm of this phenomenon, whatever it is.

I'm listening to an interview I haven't heard before (link below) wherein he focuses on instances of hunters, in particular, going missing in the same fashion as the other cases. As a result, there are a couple of things on my mind.

1) Paulides might be the worst interviewee that I've ever heard in my life. I haven't been able to read his books so I don't know whether they're well written, but unless he's in the process of telling the story of a specific case, he doesn't seem to understand that he's not sitting at a bar having a chat with a friend. Whether it's this one or his interviews on C2C, he mostly gives one-word answers, sits quietly while the interviewer tries to figure out how to pry information out of him and when he does actually speak for longer than three seconds he tries way too hard to add drama (through bizarre pauses) to his stories when just the information would suffice.

2) Because of how hard it is to listen to this guy, I'm wondering if there are any other people or sources of stories/info on this phenomenon. I find it beyond fascinating but Paulides is damn near insufferable.

Interview mentioned above:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDLJtKWVzk0
>>
bamp

I also just heard in that interview that he apparently uses psychics occasionally in his cases? That's kind of bizarre for a guy who seems to go out of his way to avoid offering specific explanations/theories for fear of being lumped in with crazy people.
>>
You haven't fucked with much Paulides yet. Lurk moar before starting threads
>>
>>18501382
Or, and hear me out here, you could kill yourself immediately. Thanks for the input tho my guy.
>>
>>18501189
Bump.

Live in the Sierra Nevada, always like hearing about these cases.

It is pretty easy to get swallowed up by nature here. I got a wild hair to hike the hill behind my house once. Long story short, I wandered into mountain lion territory and fell down a steep hill, hurting myself badly. Could've easily been eaten/killed/injured and succumbed to exposure within sight of my house, and not a soul I know would have known where to look.
>>
I feel like the guy is just trying to sell his shit. Click bait ad based business marketing model looking ass nigga .
>>
>>18501189
I've listened to 3 coast to coast interviews and they're the opposite of what you're describing. He's really talkative and exercise everything in detail.
>>
>>18502663
Explains not exercise .
>>
File: 1435356071474.png (62KB, 352x176px) Image search: [Google]
1435356071474.png
62KB, 352x176px
>>18501189
Missing 411 on Unsolved Mysteries

Kurt Sova - missing shoes, body found in an area previously searched, autopsy unable to determine cause of death, (the episode also mentions another shoeless body found near the same area under similar circumstances months later)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7PX6KDuVik
>>
>>18502811
Wow, I used to watch a ton of Unsolved Mysteries as a kid and I never saw this episode, thanks.

>>18502663
When he's talking about the cases, yes, you're absolutely right. What I'm referring to is every other part of the interviews, when the host asks him a question other than "Tell me about this case" or offers their own thoughts on the phenomenon.
>>
File: 1464065006892.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464065006892.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>18503526
Because he doesn't speculate on the actual cause ioff the disappearances. He seems like a pretty staunch skeptic, so you won't hear him presenting anything without evidence. In fact, he seems mostly intent on cataloguing and presenting the evidence. I actually really respect him for that.
>>
I've heard a couple of interviews with him, and he does seem kind of quiet for radio.

I say he is on to something. Obviously the fact that the national parks service does not keep track of missing or dead people is a huge problem. And obviously there is a pattern to disappearances. The conclusions have yet to be decided, and to his credit he does not offer any.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.