[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: online-security.jpg (70KB, 400x283px)
online-security.jpg
70KB, 400x283px
hey guy/x/

let's say that you have a piece of information that is quite important.

let's say that there are multiple parties interested in that kind of information and you don't want to be involved with them.

what would you do to publish this kind of information? where to go, what to use? how can you keep you anonymity?

how can you avoid to be traced back?

let's say, the information is in an analog format, and requires to be digitized. what format provides the lesser amount of traceable data?

I'm just curious.
>>
Don't publish it yourself. Keep it analog format. Keep living your life, and at some point, find a journalist through non-digital means... maybe write a letter... and arrange a meetup somewhere where there are no cameras, and the route toward that place contains few cameras.

Doesn't matter what kind of journalist it is, they love this kind of shit.

Did my best for you, that will be more than sufficient to protect you and get the word out. Copy it. Don't get digital at all. The best way to protect your identity is to use another person.
>>
File: 1468183250973.jpg (37KB, 910x446px) Image search: [Google]
1468183250973.jpg
37KB, 910x446px
hi
>>
>>18501110
actually, don't meet them in person, do a dead drop. basic spook shit senpai get a grip
>>
>>18501115
oh yeah, nvm on the letter. the postal service digitizes everything. just go full caveman breh. that's the only way to protect your identity these days. depends on how spook your information is, johnny mnemonic
>>
>>18501110
that's where my concerns begin.

how can you contact a reputable journalist? nowadays every article is a clickbait propaganda.

how can you ensure the journalist doesn't rat you?

>>18501115
let's say, that if you fear for the journalist to keep it shut because it would also endanger him, how do you take it to the web?
>>
>>18501113
also why would he be f wasp retina, what do you think theyre even doing, checking how smart we are?
>>
>>18501126
Got a chuckle out of me.
>>
>>18501125
this is an interesting puzzle. I'm just a guy, but I think I can recommend a good common sense solution.

Again, as I've established, go full caveman. Not even the postal service. If you have to approach a location, don't go through anywhere with cameras.

Literally go camping with friends as a cover to go into the woods and then make the dead drop location in the woods. idk, depends on how paranoid you want to get.

Then contact the journo from a payphone somewhere remote. same deal, no cameras. pay a homeless guy to make the actual call and verbally deliver the message so they can't trace your voice.

don't get the number from google, get it from an analog source. your cover for hanging out with the hobo, if anyone sees, is drugs. so start looking like you do drugs.

idk, like I said, the game is plausible deniability/multiple interpretations for your actions. and like I said it depends on how paranoid you want to get. I think I've given a good impression of the type of shit you should be doing.

As far as the journo keeping it shut out of fear for their own life, I wouldn't worry. Pick someone motivated and of good character. They are part of a community. If they are afraid, they will go to someone more prominent in that community. basically, someone's going to have to take the risk, and a journo will feel safest doing it.

does all that help?
>>
>>18501139
And at the end of the day, you may not want to pick up this part of my philosophy, but I'll say it anyway. Your best defense against the kind of thing you're talking about is full disclosure.

No amount of secrecy can keep you safe from being rubbed out, but a certain amount of publicity can. If you can make yourself famous or at least noted in a public way, then it will be too much of a liability for (them) to kill you, because it would prove your story.

That means going public with everything, including your name and everything. You would need a good plan to get exposure. That's just my philosophical two cents. Otherwise, I already gave you my epic strategy.
>>
>>18501139
that has been very helpful.

i was thinking that taking it on line would be best, just because once its there, there is no way to hide it anymore.

i always thought of journalists as a coward bunch, i know many in my country where they prefer to stay quiet instead of looking for the truth.

that being said, you do make a good point, a good cover will help. thank you
>>
>>18501165
I tried, friend. Best of luck. Keep fighting for truth, and hopefully the powers that be will protect you.

I have dealt with similar things in the past; I believe that for every devil there are two angels. Good luck and I hope somebody else can give you additional help.
>>
One more thing, you might want to ask on /k/
>>
My favorites bing. Like google.
People won't get the bing reference,
but it's the same joke. Bing just
won me over. Anyway.. There is
always a wealth of info on the
Internet.
>>
>>18501087
Third party contact/proxy.
>>
I'd say get a throwaway email off of tor, and contact someone who is a known whistleblower already, like the wikileaks crew, or someone similar. or someone who works for a foreign news agency that is big enough to make it well-known while still being small enough to not be completely controlled by these multiple parties that you don't want to be involved with. while also using some sort of internet cafe/computer that isn't yours.
the only thing i would personally worry about is the fact that, by the very nature of the information, they will probably know who put it out to be published. like, say you're one of 5 people with access to a certain thing. they've got it narrowed down, and will put you under scrutiny because of it, along with the other 5.
or, as everyone else has mentioned, you can go full caveman and make a usb dead drop. email them a few times and have them, say, update their twitter with a certain code word that won't attract too much attention in order for ensure they're getting the messages, then make a usb dead drop somewhere near them.
honestly though, you'll need to use multiple failsafes in order to be sure that they don't find it out by some fluke.
>>
>>18501087
>>>/g/
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.