[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seeing Otherworldly Places?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

>Early teens.
>Be bombarded at random with intricate and vivid images of places I've never been to in both dreams and the waking world.
>Places were clearly not of this world.
>Not futuristic or extraterrestrial by any means, but just clearly not on earth or our current time.
>Feel extremely homesick when I think of them.
>Feel an intense longing to visit physically followed by temporary depression.
>Each place's discovery is instant and detailed down to the miscellaneous objects in the shelves and the paintings on the walls.
>As I grow older and reach my current age, I see less and less of them.
>Still sometimes fondly remember them and occasionally but rarely discover a new area.

So /x/, is there anything to this or am I just overthinking something unimportant?
>>
>>18500284
Just some glimpses of your past lives or alternative realities. You're here for a reason and you have to live your current life. I have dreams and waking visions of other worlds and I took it upon myself to copy the visions of architecture and landscapes into notebooks just so I can remember them.

Just two nights ago I visited this immense structure carved high into red rock mountains within my dream. I had scaled the mountain only to find a dead structure full of these carapaced monstrosities that would pursue me. I woke up and drew the dead structure from memory. I had explored it thoroughly had found it quite significant connection to it upon waking. I had also dreamed up an entire modernistic city for myself to explore the same night. I also dream up many mansions and homes within my dreams. I say you should attempt to bring what you dream into the world.
>>
>>18500284
Your imagination is dying, it is becoming more and more restricted because of the experiences that shape your beliefs.

you are also stagnating, these things no longer happen because you dont need them to, you have few new experiences, your mind is complacent in its existence, stimulate your mind in new ways and itll adapt and seek new or interesting experience.

Realise that rules dont exist, the only limits are the ones that are self imposed.

If you want to experience these places you need to let yourself, itll be fuzzy at first but theyll come, its like exercising a muscle you havent used for a long time.

I found painting helps, nothing in particular, just things, colours, shapes, it gets the mind working in new ways.
>>
>>18500325
>>18500342

OP here. Sounds familiar to my situation. Random homes and mansions, places in nature, hamlets, cities, etc.

Indeed life has gotten quite monotonous, and I've entered a very strong depression recently that keeps me from exploring my personal interest and enjoying life over all.

I made this thread because I was bored and was going over some old documents I had on my computer. Among them was a collection of places I had written down. Felt like I wanted to hear other open minded opinions so I came here.
>>
>>18500380
I'd read what you write about the places you've been.
>>
>>18500380
The fact that your asking questions is a good sign. A curious and creative mind is the best tool to escape any situation, including a depresssive slump.

Heres some stuff that helps me break my depressive cycles.

Physical exercise, a long walk, a gentle jog or lifting some weights will usually release some endorphins and mess with the shitty body chemistry thats fucking your shit up.

Vitamin D, do some research of your own but i find this fundamental to mood regulation, and youd be surprised how little we get in a modern society. Take a supp, see if it helps, i know it did wonders for me.

Forming new routines and breaking old ones. If you lay in bed all day, stop, will your body to get up, if your neglecting your hygene, shower. Im not sure how bad your situation is but at my worst i was completely neglecting myself, which only compounded the situation, if you treat yourself like shit then youll feel like shit.

Stop somewhere new on the way to or from work, wander the streets at night (if your area is safe), stop and look at flowers, rear a book, soak in the bath for an hour and listen to an album from start to finish.

I hope you can shake your funk, just remember, it gets better, but you have to want it to.
>>
>>18500446
I've documented about five areas, the rest are all sealed up in my head from memory. I was never quite good at putting such indescribable places into words. Their grandeur is bet witnessed through sight, as opposed through words.

>>18500486
Yeah, I've been in this fight for a while. There's been an intervention done by my friends and family, and I'm receiving the support I need to push on. I know very well that improvement depends solely on my will to do so, it's just hard to motivate myself after putting myself down for so long. Rest assured, I haven't surrendered just yet.
>>
File: lovecraftcat.jpg (102KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
lovecraftcat.jpg
102KB, 625x625px
>>18500284
>>18500325
>>18500342
>>18500380
>>18500446
>>18500486
>>18500515
This thread sounds like the start of a HP lovecraft story.
Anyway, as anon has explained, they're past lives. i have strong connections to the language of my ancestors and when their instruments are played i can feel their connection, etc. Reincarnation is real. perhaps your past life was on a different planet or universe or plane of existence. i suggest lucid dreaming, so you can look into it more.
>>
>>18500515
Good to hear. From the way you write it sounds like your going to make it, i havent spoken with a lot of people who are that self aware in regards to motivations who then go on slip into "unsaveable territory", i mean itll be rough but your totally going to make it through this.
>>
You are loved
>>
>>18500529
Love me some Lovecraft. I've also attempted that, I figured that if I could control myself in a dream, I could vividly explore these areas.

However, in the attempts I've tried, I either turned up unsuccessful or I never managed to push myself over that tiny edge I needed to make it into a lucid state. I've had many strange encounters in dreams as well; I might make a thread about it some day.

>>18500551
>>18500559
Thanks for the good vibes my dudes.
>>
File: lovecraft.jpg (83KB, 969x1281px) Image search: [Google]
lovecraft.jpg
83KB, 969x1281px
>>18500570
your post sounds exactly like something in a lovecraft novel. visiting other worlds beyond human imagination, etc.
Advice. if you smoke weed for a few weeks and then stop immdiatly, your dreams become incredibly vivid and strong.

There are also herbs and teas to help you dream, mugwort, african dream root, etc.

as others have said psychedelics can be tried, as well as other drugs.
i also suggest multiple days of solitude and meditation. get a cabin or go camping in the wilderness for 2 weeks. when you're there, meditate, do drugs, try lucid dreaming, etc. try not to use too much modern technology. when you're there your mind "wakes up" and you become connected to the universe in a different way.

i'm interested, OP
>>
>>18500529
Funny you should mention lovecraft, since this anons story is basically the same as "The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath"

A lot of people don't get why the dream cycle is terrifying. The anons in this thread who have seen beautiful and impossible places, walked their streets, and know that they can never return realize how horrifying the concepts in the dream cycle are.

Seeing tentacle monsters and terrible dreams isn't the scary part, the scary part is knowing that the moment was ephemeral and that you will never again know that feeling, whether it was joy or fear. That numbness and separation from the fantastic is the most terrifying notion of all.
>>
I also had one of these experiences, and this seems like the best place to share. The dream I had felt oddly real, I was just wandering around and looking at things. It was honestly the most beautiful landscape I had ever seen.

The place itself was kinda hard to describe, maybe I'll draw it or something for better visualization. It was nighttime on a large field, on which strange plants grew in neat rows on plots of earth. The strange thing is that no objects had color, even though it wasn't particularly dark everything was monochrome in grey. The amazing thing was the night sky, where huge stars and nebulas all shone in brilliant, almost blindingly bright turquoise and purple. The scope and colors alone made shivers run down my spine.

Scattered about on the fields were large, blue glowing crystals, which appeared to have fallen from the sky. In the middle of this vast expanse of field was a hill on which a huge, dark mansion stood. It was dark, with no lights inside, also monochrome. The only colors that seemed to exist in this world came from the stars and the crystals. I remember walking up to it on a gravel path, and the crystals making the plants cast long shadows which moved and swayed. The walk up to the mansion was pretty eerie.

For some reason I walked around it, and not inside, onto a sort of terrace area. There stood standing stones, with purple glowing runes carved into them. They filled me with a peaceful feeling, and even though the mansion looked foreboding in the darkness, I felt no fear. I remember the door creaking open slowly, with blackness inside. The next memory is waking up.

After I woke up all purples and blues seemed super bright and high contrast, which normalized after a few hours.
>>
File: BB_DA_Shopping_tcm13-54040.jpg (78KB, 650x302px) Image search: [Google]
BB_DA_Shopping_tcm13-54040.jpg
78KB, 650x302px
>>18500647
>>18500446
Some of the places I've been to are unique and different from the others. Other times, some of the places I've been to fall under some category or are just smaller sectors of a bigger place. For example, I know of this one humongous castle in the middle of a sea of woods. Nothing but trees surrounding the place. I've seen many rooms, places, and nearby towns in the trees near the castle.

The place seems so big it's almost endless. One thing that catches my attention is the castle's grand library. Within the library's first floor there are aisles where their walls are lined with stores like the ones in the picture. Each "store" (they don't seem to sell, but rather just display) is different, but I know some of them are dedicated to studying herbs, while another seems to have very macabre sketches and displays of animal anatomy and bones.

Each sketch is also accompanied by strange runes and pentagram looking drawings. It's all very bizarre and detailed, and this is just one of the many.
>>
>>18500668
I couldn't agree more. The sadness I felt when I realized I'd never physically visit these places in my lifetime almost breaks the heart.
>>
>>18500724
And it will eventually drive you mad.
>>
>>18500668
i actually haven't read the dream quest of unknown kadath. i have, however, read "the silver key". this quote from it is relateable:

"So Carter had tried to do as others did, and pretended that the common events and emotions of earthy minds were more important than the fantasies of rare and delicate souls. He did not dissent when they told him that the animal pain of a stuck pig or dyspeptic ploughman in real life is a greater thing than the peerless beauty of Narath with its hundred carven gates and domes of chalcedony, which he dimly remembered from his dreams; and under their guidance he cultivated a painstaking sense of pity and tragedy.
Once in a while, though, he could not help seeing how shallow, fickle, and meaningless all human aspirations are, and how emptily our real impulses contrast with those pompous ideals we profess to hold. Then he would have recourse to the polite laughter they had taught him to use against the extravagance and artificiality of dreams; for he saw that the daily life of our world is every inch as extravagant and artificial, and far less worthy of respect because of its poverty in beauty and its silly reluctance to admit its own lack of reason and purpose. In this way he became a kind of humorist, for he did not see that even humour is empty in a mindless universe devoid of any true standard of consistency or inconsistency."
>>18500709
damn. i reccomend lucid dreaming. try EVERYTHING to lucid dream and get to those realms. read lovecrafts dream stories, something may awaken in your mind.
>>
>>18500809
I've actually gotten my hands on a PDF containing his complete works. I read every now and then I'm in the mood. Good way to pass the time.

I'd also like to mention that all of these places carry with them the feeling that they've been abandoned. I've never encountered a living creature.

Although, the castle grounds and the areas surrounding its woods do suggest that people have lived there once. The only one time I ever found an evidence of what they dressed like, was when I was in the office of a mayor in a town nearby.

They dressed rather odd, at least, the two men in the portrait did. One was tall and lanky, wearing what looked oddly similar to the Xanthous Crown from Dark Souls. Resting on his back was an odd wheel full of dangling ornaments and his clothing was almost ceremonial and flashy.

The short and chubby man at his side is what I assume to be his assistant. He wore a top hat, one of those odd white round looking fabrics from the old times that people wore on their necks and some formal attire consisting of unusual colors.
>>
>>18500809
silver key is part of the dream cycle, of which unknown kadath is part. I think the rest of the cycle is extremely potent, but it requires the other pieces to come into total focus, silver key is, if youll pardon me, the key to the rest of the cycle because it outlines the feelings so well, and brings into focus the themes in the rest of the cycle. Quest of Iranon, Ex Oblivione and "through the gates of the silver key" are also high points.
>>
>>18500284
Your picture is just Petra though
>>
>>18501537
Really couldn't think of anything else to put as a pic so I just picked whatever I had. Should've probably said "pic unrelated"
>>
starseed
>>
File: ty45-228-kotlarnia.jpg (151KB, 800x583px) Image search: [Google]
ty45-228-kotlarnia.jpg
151KB, 800x583px
>>18500284
>>18500380
I have been dealing with this my whole life. I have been planning to write about in on /x/ for some time too.

I have always had dreams about the most mundane things - going to a store, pumping gas, talking to a street vendor or catching a train. It was around my late teens that I haver realized that those were connected by an underlying theme, that is, being located in the same, consistent universe. Those dreams were separate from the surreal ones about monsters or some such, which were pretty much based in random generated locations created from recent memories. No, these were all taking place in the same world, and they showed some sort of continuity - in the sense that the "me" in them would go to a school, find a job, travel some place and spend some time there, etc. Of which I would get minor glimpses in my waking life. Even later I have noticed, that those dreams were taking part in the same time of the day in which they were dreamt. If it was during the night, it was dark and the streets were empty. If it was during an afternoon nap, the theme was pretty much just picking up something after work. In the waking world, I found myself longing for that world, and found the visions of it captivating. I still get glimpses of it occasionally, and I still sometimes feel homesick for it. Its a gritty, dirty world. Think of New York in the 70's. The locations I see are similar to ones I see in my normal life, but they look somewhat different for this reason. The technology is different or older. I see steam engines regularly (mind you, where I am, they were still common in the early 90's). Cars are a mixture of older ones and new ones - somewhat like Cuba. No ever present screens. Yet I am sure this is not the past, as dates were sometimes mentioned. I have arrived at the conclusion that this is an alternate reality where at least the last world war was less intense. So the development of diesel engines and computers did not follow.
>>
One of the places I remembered once and still can recall, is a dead world of red sands, white spires with their inhabitants who lived in permanent sleep, ochre sky covered with black glyphs of false creation and the severed head of a mad Demiurge that attempted to invade it.
It's been long since this world died and was cast into the abyss yet I'm able to revisit it. It's like everything was paused but went into a loop, all died but the wind keeps blowing without stopping and the severed head moans some babble that long since lost its sense.
>>
I've had similar feelings brought on by locations in dreams, but the only time I feel any kind of sadness or depression is when I remember them and think back to better times in my life. One in particular I remembered from about 10 years ago just from reading OP's first post. It was apparently a motel, and it was a giant sandstone building carved into a cliff probably 300m above the ocean. It was raining when I first looked down on the building and the cliff was getting hit by massive waves, probably 60m or so as they were breaking. Kinda looked like Navarre in Portugal, but much more fantastic. The building had open balconies out to the edge of the cliff on all floors, thick green vines in certain areas and fountains that flowed put of walls and into wells that funneled down through the floor. I remember the sound of the waves and rain and I remember being with familiar people, but I don't remember who. I just get an intense feeling of longing when I think of it now
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.