[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making game, need help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: PLACEHOLDER.gif (5KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
PLACEHOLDER.gif
5KB, 512x384px
A game about collecting junk and using it to get by day after day.
Basically a hobo simulator.
Setting is some kind of town/city.
You wake up, and everyones gone.
Vanished.
And very few that remained are a tiny bit closer to insanity than you would like them to be.
Or are they?

I had most mechanics programmed, but dropped it about two years ago when hdd wiped itself and I had no backup.
I have no experience in /x/ stuff, so help Anon out.
So post
>possible endgame scenarios
>possible reasons for people to vanish
>possible weird shit that will murder players character
>that OP is a faggot and should get /out/
>>
>>18498583
Reminds me of that game dayz. Well there's something you can be based arojnd
>>
hobo simulator kinda sounds fun, it would just be like gta , rape and kill hookers and steal cars and have the police and army chase you around while you shoot at them with bazookas.

hobos in real life are very lazy and very stupid though. and they steal, and they stink, and they love to steal and stink.
>>
you need an ideas guy?
>>
>>18498593
Yeah, but when your choice is to be lazy and dead or not lazy and alive, it makes you think about priorities.
>>18498594
Basically.
Think you woke up in Weirdshit City, population- you and few nutjobs.
What do you expect to find?
Circles in wheat on nearby farm?
Fishman in the sewers?
Occult shit in happening in the old cabin in the middle of the woods?
I need stuff like that.
>>
>>18498607
add a perfect family in a perfect home who are oblivious to all the shit in ur game
>>
/tg/ or /lit/ might be a better fit but here is my take

check out pic related The Crawling City by parororo

>I would make things more meta, make the game a statement about how we as individuals and a society ignore the homeless
>Our protagonist only sees people who acknowledge him, the other homeless, good guy priest at the church, valuable NPCs but a little hard to interact with
>everyone else is still there but because they don't "see" him he can't see them (or sees them as shadow people)
>have dangers like harassing cops or violent dogs show up as slendy style faceless suits and tentacular horrors
>The occasional good Samaritan showing up as angels when they give him something
>>
>>18498620
You meam one that looks like they were pulled straight out of 80 commercial?
A happy housewife cocking dinner every day, successful husband coming home from work as a selesman and being welcomed with a kiss, A sweet little daughter and a son, no older than 7yo and a family dog.

Yeah, that could work.
How would they react to players character?
Ignore?
Help out?
Loose all their shit and become aggressive when you try to tell them how things are?
Is dog the only one aware that somethings wrong?
Hubby and kids vanish shortly after leaving the house for work/school, just to appear back again when its 5pm?
>>
>>18498637
>Loose all their shit and become aggressive when you try to tell them how things are?
definitely not that

just make them really normal/out of place for ur game
i feel like that woude be the spookiest
>>
File: p48267_p_v8_aa.jpg (313KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p48267_p_v8_aa.jpg
313KB, 960x1440px
>>18498583
>possible reasons for people to vanish

Watch pic related for an interesting doomsday scenario that hasn't been overdone to death.
>>
>>18498652
So how would normal people react to being told that outside everything is different than they perceive it?
Just deny you, and if you persist, take you as one of those deranged man preaching that the end is near in the middle of the streets, politely tell you to leave, lock the door and never open them to you again?
>>
>>18498664
idk they laugh at you telling you ur silly for making this kinda shit up...
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.