[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dream Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1443765551865.gif (320KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
1443765551865.gif
320KB, 500x409px
Okay /x/ I've been keeping a dream journal for about 6 years now and have yet to have a single lucid dream.
Is lucid dreaming just a meme that I'm not in on? I thought keeping a dream journal was supposed to help and so far I've gotten jack fuckin squat.
I'm scared of trying any of the supposed self-induced methods because I don't want to see horrifying otherworldly shit during sleep paralysis.
Pic related, I don't want to see something like this fucker standing at the foot of my bed.
wat do guise
>>
>>18496869
Just keeping a journal won't make you lucid dream. Study those dreams for reoccurring themes or places that you can recognize while dreaming. Becoming aware in a dream is half the battle because then you have to fight getting woken up by that consciousness. One practice I've seen is staying completely still when waking up from a dream. Do not move and just be there in between sleep and awake.
>>
>>18496948
But will OPs related pic still occur or am I doomed to keep experiencing this from time to time if I keep trying to lucid dream. I am too scared to attempt LD again because of the things that have stood a the foot of my bed. Is LD worth putting up with the occasional sleep paralysis + hellish visitors at night?
>>
>>18497072
It's possible. What you don't want to do is obsess over that outcome. Think about what it is you want to dream about while in bed. LD is a mental exercise and has to be built up. If you train your mind to prepare for a monster, well be prepared for one. That goes without saying sleep paralysis is weird by itself with no monster just know that.
>>
>>18496869
Try the WBTB technique, it worked for me the first time I tried. The WILD technique always leads me into sleep paralysis.
>>
>>18496869
Beware of sleep paralysis. I had Sleep paralysis while half conscious and dreamed a close friend was assaulting me. Couldn't be in the same room as them for days afterward.
>>
>>18496869

The dream journal's main use is remember dreams. I don't use one (I remember most dreams fairly well without one) and I have lucid dreams fairly often (around once every other month or so).

You have to learn to realize you are dreaming. That is the first step. I have gotten progressively better at this. I will literally be in the middle of a normal dream and then something will happen that makes me realize I am dreaming. It's important to have someway to "test" dreams, for example, when I feel like I could be dreaming even when i 'know' that I'm awake, I look at the palm of my hand and count my fingers and I know if I'm dreaming or not.

The second step is stopping yourself from waking up. Nothing pisses me off more than realizing i'm dreaming, and start controlling the dream in ways I want, and then wake up. For me, when I feel I am starting to wake up (you will eventually learn to recognize this) I look down and spin circles, willing myself to stay asleep. I don't know why, but this works for me.

The third thing, and step I struggle the most with is actually controlling my dream. I can control myself and if I focus I can cause certain things to happen, like start flying or making lights come on. But I can't change the "setting" of my dream yet and I don't know how to make people/things come or leave the dream.

Long story short, lucid dreaming is real, but takes a lot of practice to "master" and personally I think the people that say they lucid dream every single night or that they have methods to ensuring a lucid dream are lying.
>>
>>18497179
I think I will look into other methods besides the dream journal (that is what started the SP+Hallucination combos at night). Thinking about what you want to dream is what I should focus on more since my head is everywhere when I am lying down at night.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.