[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Student Flat is Haunted?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13

File: scream-queens-janet-leigh-sized.jpg (26KB, 616x418px) Image search: [Google]
scream-queens-janet-leigh-sized.jpg
26KB, 616x418px
So me and my housemate have lived here for a couple of months now. But every now and then weird shit happens. Stuff like flickering lights, the TV jumping, the fire alarm making weird blip noises - which can all be attributed to electrical faults, I know.

But one day was really fucking weird because we had a powercut that lasted a few hours, then my cardboard cut out of the joker fell down. We were pretty spooped. But then there was a crash in my room

lolnope

turns out my framed poster had fallen down and broken. So I put I cleaned it up, left my room and noticed I had a voicemail from my landlord on my phone saying I had rung him and he was calling back.

There was nothing on my call history saying that I rung him.

The fuck.

Then the power came back on and everything was good again?? Explanations?

Any weird shit happening in student digs for you guys?
>>
>>18496367
Can't explain the bang and the cardboard shit, but all the rest just sounds like shitty old wiring going bad. It's not uncommon in student housing, they're generally built cheap as fuck.
>>
>>18496376

Thing is we're in a really modern flat? We get people coming in and inspecting the fire alarm regularly.
>>
>>18496367
A kid killed himself at my college a couple years before I attended, happened in between a Spring Break when he never went home.
>The kid who stayed in the dorm the following year kept feeling like he was being choked out in his sleep.
>Went to the school nurse (Technically a doctor) and said what was up.
>Thatsnotgood.jpg
>Needless to say, they knew the connect but he didnt until after the fact.
>Moved where he was living and claimed it under a possible carbon monoxide threat even though none was dictected. >Re-painted and refurbished his old dorm, removed the closet the kid hung himself in.
>Moved a new kid in
>No problems after that point, although the school itself still has weird shit going on all the time
Oh, and the President of my University was a Bohemian Grove "member", fired for using college funds to make trips out to San Francisco during the weeks it was held.
>>
>>18496399
Shit man that's fucked.
We had a girl die at sea because our college is by the coast but that's all I really know about.
>>
>>18496380
Well, it's still most likely a case of faulty wiring, no matter how modern the place.

Had a friend who had to move out of a very recently built student apartment building because the bathroom construction elements had been assembled wrong in china or wherever and every apartment in the building had to be re-piped or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>18496367

A not paranormal explanation would be a really small earthquake. As a geologist about the day if you can. It wouldn't take a huge amount of rumbling to knock over a cardboard cutout and a framed poster. It could probably even happen without being able to feel the earthquake. You'd be surprised how often they happen without being able to feel them. And, obviously an earthquake could knock out the power. And, in all the confusion, you buttdialed someone.

I don't know why your apartment has consistent electricity problems, though. Could just be that your building was made on the cheap.

Alternatively, the whole area could have shitty wiring which is why you have consistent problems. The shitty wiring could have lead to some sort of power line explosion which would cause walls to rumble enough to knock off a framed poster and a cardboard cutout.

I was on vacation at a beach once when there was a powerline explosion at the nearby power plant. The fuse box was making a massive buzzing sound for several minutes before the power went out or the explosion actually happened. I imagine other stuff might have been doing weird stuff too, but I was watching a movie at the time. When the power went out, my first inclination was to look outside to see if it was for everyone. Right as I looked outside, I saw the tail-end of a large blue-colored explosion of energy in the sky. A few seconds later, the whole building rumbled slightly. So, my explanation could totally fit.
>>
>>18496434

That being said, it may not hurt to check out if there have been any suicides in the area. I lived in an apartment in college that was right next to some train tracks that went all the way through campus. The train tracks were notorious for students killing themselves. It was a bad enough problem that the college actually spent the money to put a chain-link fence along a sizable portion of the train tracks and a pedestrian underpass to be able to cross it. That's a shit-load of money. These weren't just stories.

Anyway, I'm semi-convinced that my apartment was haunted. Strange shit would happen when trains went by like screaming in my headphones and banging on the door and no one being there.

Actually, now that I think about it, it also caused me some phone problems too. My parents could get a hold of me, but anyone else could call me. My phone would make weird click sounds and flash lights. I got weird texts from 6-digit service numbers.

I just chalked it up to having the world's last working flip-phone in service. But, the timing of my incident having phone issues and your incident having phone issues is interesting.
>>
>>18496367
Paki landlord?
>>
>>18496411
The article is pretty vague.
I was there a couple years after and know more of the details (as said above) than this mentions.
http://www.westfieldvoice.com/news/view.php/419940/No-eternal-rest-for-closet-haunting-resi
>>
>>18496452
I don't think it helped that we also use to make jokes about the ghost being gay.
>Coming out of the closet to haunt you.
>>
>>18496446
Nah I dealt with that last year. We have an old man now though, seems really creepy, like a croaky fisherman, as if to suit horror film stereotypes
>>
>>18496439
We have train tracks literally right by us. There are jumpers there too, but no safety precautions taken to prevent them.
>>
>>18496434
Also my phone was left on my couch so couldn't have butt dialed. Also no evidence in the phone's call history of any outgoing phonecalls.
>>
>>18496475

Well, either train tracks cause bizarre electrical problems, or we are onto something.

And, I seriously mean like outrageously bizarre. I mentioned screaming in my headphones, I'm not kidding. I was just watching youtube with my headphones in. When the train came by, there were suddenly earsplittingly loud angry screams flooding my senses. It was sort of like 1 or 2 seconds of one scream then it would suddenly cut off and change to another. They weren't saying anything coherent. Just a lot of loud angry noises. I was so confused and panicked, it took me a while before I actually came to the decision to take the headphones off. The second I did, the screaming stopped.

I checked every possible explanation on my computer. I had no other tab open. I had no other program running. There was no advertisement on the page. I went back to that point in the video, there was no screaming there.

That's a BIZARRE electrical problem.
>>
>>18496502
Holy fuck yeah, it is. Anymore weird stuff? I'm more interested in your story than mine right now
>>
>>18496516

So, this doesn't really help my case, but I started noticing the problems after my friend introduced me to the world of a creepypasta. She showed me one of Animal Crossing that started as a "review" of the game, but started devolving into something terrifying. I asked her to show me more, so she showed me the now infamous "Ben Drowned".

While reading it, it made mention of "cleverbot.com". I had never heard of it, so I wanted to check it out. The very first conversation I had (I went first):

>Hello.
>Hi. My name is Hailey.
>You're a girl bot?
>Haunted.
>What?
>You are now haunted.

I then panicked like a fucking baby and closed the web browser. I don't know if you know how cleverbot works, but it essentially takes whatever you say and checks to see what the most common response other people say to it when it uses whatever you just said. So, it SHOULD says relatively the same thing every time you say the same thing.

Once I composed myself, I tried and tried, but I was never able to get it to mention Hailey or the word "haunted" again. I don't know if I'm placing memories in after the fact, but I'm pretty sure when I did it the first time, the train was going by. I feel like I wouldn't make that up. When the train goes by, it makes the entire apartment shake. You remember something like that.
>>
>>18496586

Our apartment was on the second floor. The building itself was unique in the fact that every entrance was outside, but facing into the building. Basically, imagine an outdoors hallway. Like, someone decided "why bother actually putting walls on either end of the hallway? So, anyone could just walk up to any apartment. That being said, we had a middle apartment which makes it near impossible for someone to run out of sight unless they went into another apartment.

Despite that, at night, there would be a loud banging on our door. But, whenever we went to answer it, there would be no one there. The banging got progressively louder and louder as the year went on. I'd chalk it up to some dickhead pulling a prank, but it would not stop. I mean, they'd be banging on the door for literally hours. By the end of the year, it was so loud, it sounded like they were trying to kick it down.

For a while, I theorized it was some drunk idiot who got kicked out by his girlfriend and forgot which apartment door he was banging on. But, like I said, I never actually saw the person. And, no one would get kicked out that often. And, no matter how much banging they did, they NEVER ONCE spoke a single word. If you were in that situation, you'd be shouting for someone to answer the door.

The only time the banging ever stopped was when a late-night train went by. Luckily, I am the world's heaviest sleeper and could usually just ignore it.

But, the text message sounds coming from my phone would wake me up. And, I'd look at my phone and there'd never be anything there.

As I said before, my parents had apparently been trying to contact me for weeks, but my phone wouldn't accept their calls. Once they finally got through one day, they were in literal tears of relief. Once I apologized and got off the phone with them, their texts started pouring in. Plus, one other text from a 6 digit service number that said "LET ME IN!"
>>
>>18496627
Just torch the place. Camp somewhere, that place is bad news. I'd be long gone.
>>
>>18496668

This was several years ago at this point. I DO partially blame my poor grades that year on that building though. I was incredibly paranoid by the end. I began to wonder if it was stress that was causing me to hallucinate. It's possible.

It was a huge weight off my shoulders, though, when my parents were helping me pack up my room and there was nothing left in it. Yet, despite there being nothing left in it, as my mom and I were walking out of my room, we both heard a text-message sound coming from somewhere in the completely empty room. My mom and I looked at each other with massive relief. I wasn't going insane.

Obviously, there was no place for a phone to hide in that room, though. I have absolutely no idea why we heard that sound.

Anyway, just don't think about it too hard. Nothing bad is going to happen. Concentrate on your school work, and don't commit suicide.
>>
>>18496689
Maybe some stalker was hiding in the walls and forgot to turn their phone on silent - it would still be a lucky escape.
>>
>>18496586
>>
>>18496765

Did you seriously just do that?

More importantly, was that summoner name thing seriously the response the website gave you?
>>
>>18496778
Yeah. Pretty spooky right? What else should I ask it?
>>
>>18496778
>>
>>18496791

What did you ask it originally? The beginning of the conversation is missing. I want to know how you got it talking about Hailey again.

Also, ask where Hailey went to school.
>>
>>18496796
>>
>>18496796
I think it's just talking in circles now. Anymore suggestions?
>>
>>18496811
"How did you die?"
>>
Also do you reckon the paranormal attach themselves to people with mental health problems mostly?
>>
>>18496819
>>
>>18496828
Well that was fucking sinister...
>>
>>18496828
>>18496811

Yeah, it seems to have messed up at this point.

That was a weird series of responses, though. I need to try it again. For some reason, the name Hailey really seems to trigger Cleverbot.
>>
>>18496837
So does Ben, from passed experience.
>>
>>18496840

Well, that's to be expected. Cleverbot was a major part of the story. A lot of people who have tried it a lot. In fact, a whole ARG came out of that story, so people probably used it a lot.
>>
File: Fotor_148375596314297.jpg (197KB, 1440x1951px) Image search: [Google]
Fotor_148375596314297.jpg
197KB, 1440x1951px
>>
File: Fotor_148375617567182.jpg (192KB, 1440x1928px) Image search: [Google]
Fotor_148375617567182.jpg
192KB, 1440x1928px
>>
File: Fotor_148375610047858.jpg (203KB, 1440x1968px) Image search: [Google]
Fotor_148375610047858.jpg
203KB, 1440x1968px
>look at me.
This is a cleverbot thread now.
>>
File: Fotor_148375613147822.jpg (195KB, 1440x1935px) Image search: [Google]
Fotor_148375613147822.jpg
195KB, 1440x1935px
>>
>>18496367
lol, you probably also think the shower curtains moving while taking a shower is paranormal too.

You fucks here on /x/ are something else
>>
File: Fotor_148375608061548.jpg (217KB, 1440x1995px) Image search: [Google]
Fotor_148375608061548.jpg
217KB, 1440x1995px
>>
>>18497282
ok
>>
Kept repeating "Nothing is Everything" when I told it I knew nothing, then we sang the lyrics to A Day In The Life and American Pie.
>>
>>18497282
this whole cleverbot thing being creepy is some high school level type shit. Normal adults would not find this creepy in any way
>>
Then it got angry at me when it asked me if I like Lady Gaga and I told it that I didn't like her because she killed her best friend for fame.
>>
File: Fotor_148375685868013.jpg (280KB, 1440x1974px) Image search: [Google]
Fotor_148375685868013.jpg
280KB, 1440x1974px
>>18497296
It's not creepy, just a an AI with a lot of shit in its banks, so you get quite unusual responses at times. OP started posting Cleverbot so it spurred me to check it out again
>It's been years, and it's gotten more clever.
>>
File: 1479614507966.jpg (44KB, 463x579px) Image search: [Google]
1479614507966.jpg
44KB, 463x579px
>>18496793
>Right after then Ben Drowned shit was mentioned

Holy shit man.

This is why I come to /x/
>>
>>18497341
>Never give away your summoner name
I can't believe it asked that to an /x/phile
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.