[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Jonestown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: jimjones.jpg (232KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jimjones.jpg
232KB, 1200x1200px
I am looking to start an apocalyptic cult with the goal of gathering the largest flock of rubes I can acquire, and then fleecing them as efficiently as possible. Does /x/ have any tips on how to get the most bang for my buck in my efforts to drain these poor suckers' bank accounts and assume ownership of all their material possessions?
>>
>>18495027
Mix science into it.

Like scientology.
>>
>>18495033
Yes I am certainly planning to use the scientific method and to deeply research the existing literature in planning out my overall brainwashing framework. I may even get the opportunity to exploit some of my followers in controlled experiments. I don't know how much I really want to encourage my flock to embrace science, given that my plan requires I be worshiped as a prophet and a god. But I will definitely use some scientific-sounding multisyllabic words in my speeches and writings.
>>
>>18495027
Srs research more. As many religious/philosophical/scientific sources as possible, it helps to better create a narrative that anyone can have stored evidence that they considered 'verified' in their head that corroborates what you 'teach'. And in that regard, know your audience. Do you ever leave the house, Op? How do you seek to obtain a flock, or did you come here looking for a spell on that? I'd suggest joining a new-age church and becoming more involved in your community. Volunteer at your local homeless shelter. The hardest part is easily networking, people aren't exactly seeking religion nowadays, Op.
>>
>>18495027

the problem is you're not deluded and living in a fantasy world where you believe you're god on earth.
>>
Take a big note from Aum Shinrikyo.
You need to find/create a reason for people to join, most people joined Aum because following WW2 there was a spiritual vacuum left by the war and the Japanese surrender so many tried to put their faith elsewhere. Go to a country in times of stress of create a situation/find something small play it up big and make people think they need you.
>>
>>18496963
dude, i listen to last podcast tool. The aum shinrikyo sodes were fuckin awesome. That fucker was a goddamn maniac.
>>
>>18495027
all you need is charisma, a lot of it
read 'A piece of blue sky'
>>
>>18495033
This reminds me
>>18495027
Why don't you make a cult feeding off of Scientism, OP? There are plenty of armchair atheists and the sort out there that have let the concept of science essentially become a deity and dogma for them, ironically. They let evolution and "what is natural" act as a moral compass for them, and they let science feed them their philosophy, or they let science and "le pure logic" simply become their philosophy

A whole group of weak-minded individuals who consider themselves the smart ones, ripe for the picking
>>
>>18497006
I will commission Richard Dawkins, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Stephen Hawking and Bill Nye to write the four gospels of my new holy book, where I will star as the messiah figure.
>>
>>18497024
Perfect, perfect
Just remember to ease them into it so you can bypass that trademarked Skepticismâ„¢ they're so keen on thinking they have
>>
>>18495027
Read the 48 rules of power.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.