[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the Wiccan theology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Pagan Flag.jpg (341KB, 1900x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Pagan Flag.jpg
341KB, 1900x1100px
What are your thoughts on Wicca, the religion. Not it's history, Gardner, its magic, or its practicioners
>>
>>18494356
I can't dismiss it. The Goddess that has helped me , is one they praise
>>
>>18494366
I personally think that while the Horned God and the (Triple/Moon) Goddess are real, they are not the only gods/source of divinity
>>
>>18494356
Beginner shit.
>>
>>18494733
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>18494604
Agreed. While the Star lights my path, I notice something trying hard to disrupt me. You have to put in effort and not expect them to do it all for you.
>>
Wicca is the Taco Bell of religions.
>>
>>18494857
Is that supposed to be an insult?! Taco Bell tastes great!
>>
>>18494864
Pretty much.

Since it's a bastardized version of Tex-Mex, American and Mexican food while being considered Mexican.

Just like how wicca is a hippie cult from the 60's that bastardized paganism, druidism, Buddhism, Christianity and other little cults.
>>
File: x-theride.png (1MB, 720x713px) Image search: [Google]
x-theride.png
1MB, 720x713px
Wicca can't be discussed on /x/ as the lads here are terrified of women and they associate Wicca with some kind of all girl's club.
>>
>>18494886
I'm a lad myself, albeit a gay one but /x/ seems to have a higher woman percentage than the most of the boards. I don't know the relative numbers of men and women in Wicca but it seems to skew towards women.
>>
>>18494841
Was wiccan a long time ago and have learned much since then.
>>
>>18494886
What are you talking about?
>>
>>18494876
This is why I cannot abide by Wicca. And I also began to think it was some sort of "but I am different than you think" backlash against conservative Christianity and Bible-thumping. However, it seems that I am horrendously ignorant of paganism of any sort, and I must do research of my own. So far I am beginning to understand Hinduism, but I want to learn more about Western pagan practices. I am stuck with finding out about Crowley, who supposedly helped Gardner create Wicca (so I have heard). I don't know what else to research from there.
>>
>>18495016
It's literally an after-school group for weak willed, edgy, "different" kids who want to feel like they're a part of something. The only adults who are into it are just stereotypical camp counselors that just prefer to wear black and pentagrams.

Most that join are goth girls that got picked on for being fat/acne/thin/gay/ect. and want to be around people that feel similar too.
>>
>>18494356
never received any assistance from the god or goddess of wicca. and too many people believe its a religion where you can copy and paste different gods to the main diety.

my understanding is
male God is child of goddess. he fucks her. she gets preggers. he dies. she gives birth to him. she gets old dies reincarnates then he fucks her again. rinse lather and repeat.
>>
>>18494994
What have you learned?
>>18495016
I am also more interested in Western Paganism than Wicca myself.
>>18495067
>What are your thoughts on Wicca, the religion. Not it's history, Gardner, its magic, or ITS PRACTIONERS
>>18495072
I don't personally honor either deity. I am somewhat interested in the Horned God. That's strange but understandable for a mystic sex cult.
>>
>>18494857
I would call it the Denny's of religions, since it's mostly kept alive by the edgy teens in black hoodies who smoke cigarettes underage.
>>
>>18495114

>gave my thoughts on the "religion"

>can't get past the fact I described you

Sorry your "religion" is as legit as pastafarianism.
>>
>>18495148
I'm not Wicca. I am mildly interested in it. I wondered what people on /x/ thought of it. As for my religion it is polytheistic but not really from any of the old religions because I am an Amerimutt
>>
>>18495152
>polytheism

Lmao

>Pretending to believe in some superstitious voodoo shit that illiterate islanders practice
>>
>>18495164
Think whatever you like.
>>
>>18495168
Oh, so you have no clue and are bullshitting yourself to feel better.

So you are wiccan...
>>
>>18495196
I'm not Wiccan because I don't want to justify my opinion to a stranger on the internet because he's anti-religious
>>
>>18495201
But I'm not.

I'm just not a fan of the Twilight of religions.
>>
imo wicca is a rebranding of several pieces of older religions. I would much prefer the source material.
>>
>>18495114
>What have you learned?
That world isnt as nice or happy as they say and just putting on a happy face doesnt help. Ive learned much more than that but thats the firsr thing that comes to mind. As I grew older, I just stopped being into it. Just too feel good hippy for what ive seen in life.
>>
>>18495205
>>18495164
You used the word "voodoo" as synonymous with "superstitious nonsense" and as a descriptor for Wicca. You are either anti-religious, you don't know shit about religions outside your own, or you really dont belong on /x/.
>>
>>18495286
I said Voodoo?

Other anon did.

And sucks that your safe space is completely open to the public.

It must suck believing in something that's no different than believing in the Force.

But, sucks to suck, silly hippie.
>>
File: 5548ed9702caaaf8.jpg (102KB, 433x600px) Image search: [Google]
5548ed9702caaaf8.jpg
102KB, 433x600px
The male/female duality is cool, and I like the idea of honoring the goddess while my boyfriend honors the god. Their love is our love, there's poetry in that.

Plus, it triggers neckbeards. Having an extra layer of beta-male repellent never hurts.
>>
>>18496532
>beta male repellent
>me and my boyfriend
get the fuck off my board, you normie faggot
>>
>>18496537
I can see you hate the way we intermingle /
But I think you're just mad cuz you're single
>>
File: yuppie pepe.png (29KB, 310x326px) Image search: [Google]
yuppie pepe.png
29KB, 310x326px
>>18496545
You get your low rent homosex magic away from me, oh creature of sucrose and multiculturalism
>>
>>18494886
this

It's 4chan, people here hate Wicca for the same reason they hate Twilight and Steven Universe. Bitter virgins who hate anything women like.
>>
>>18496532
Lol that is the part that attracts me to it. I think the deities are cool, but I don't think they are the only god and goddess and that all come from them.
>>
File: The reality.png (189KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
The reality.png
189KB, 800x600px
The end
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.