[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...what does /x/ think of L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (81KB, 700x906px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 700x906px
...what does /x/ think of L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 512x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 512x640px
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/warhero/connection.htm

under close scrutiny during the trial of his former archivist, Gerry Armstrong. Witnesses were cross-examined on matters documented in the record, and Scientology itself placed Hubbard's former second-in-command, Thomas Moulton, on the witness stand. The results were disastrous for Scientology. The case was lost and the judge found that Hubbard had lied systematically about his past. The records themselves ended up either being read into the proceedings or were entered as exhibits in the case. Either way, many of the more damaging documents were now part of the public record.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 860x484px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 860x484px
In short, virtually every significant claim made by Prouty appears to be have a non-sinister resolution, to be based on false assumptions, or to be quite simply incorrect. He already does not have a reputation as a reliable source of information; as one Prouty skeptic comments, "unfortunately, he has a record of making statements that sound plausible but that don't hold up when compared to the historical record." 6 This certainly rings true concerning his comments on Hubbard's naval career. Considering that Prouty is a self-proclaimed expert witness, it is somewhat perplexing that he should have made fundamental errors of fact - such as the non-existent medals or the corvettes which never went to Australia - which he could have caught had he done only a little bit of research. Col Prouty lives in Alexandria, Virginia, a few miles from the US Navy Historical Center at Washington Navy Yard. Did he check his assertions with the Navy? If not, why not? Since he never served with the Navy, what knowledge does he have of its practices in World War 2?

All of these points suggest strongly that Col L. Fletcher Prouty is not a credible analyst of Hubbard's naval career. Unfortunately for the Church of Scientology, he happens to be the only quasi-independent "expert" supporter of their theory that Hubbard's record is fabricated. This is of considerable significance in analysing the final aspect of Hubbard's naval records - their veracity.
>>
>>18483082
The anatomy of this girl is disconcerting.
>>
I read that L. Ron Hubbard was a bit of a humanitarian and social worker and he spoke out openly against the C.I.A. and the intelligence community regarding things like 'false flags' and MK ULTRA
>>
Wish I had thought of it so I could be rich off the stupidity of others
>>
I wonder if Scientologists want their adherents to sell their soul to that organization (perhaps covert soul-harvesting)

....although I don't wish to accuse them falsely or give them a bad reputation

I remember the anti-Scientology stuff anonymous did, but I don't trust anonymous in the first place anyway
>>
I think it's a dumb transparent scam.

But no different than any other religion.
>>
>>18483135
Nigger what? By posting here you are part of Anonymous. Do you mean you don't trust yourself? Or do you mean you don't trust every single individual that uses this site? Because the latter would be very foolish while the former would make you a madman.
>>
>>18483082
Would allow her to try to suck the alien possession out of me.
>>
>>18483082
I'm fascinated by the extreme lengths they'll adopt to protect their organization. Unlike any religion operating in the 21st century.
>>
>>18484006
Really hope this is b8...
>>
There is a book called "Going Clear" that is basically a tell-all book on how Scientology was started, and how it maintains itself as some sort of fucked up corporation that sells religious salvation through some pseudo-spiritual means. In Hubbard's early days of lying about his Navy career, he also got involved in OTO and tried to outdo Aliester Crowley. Another strange story revealed was the time the Scientologists almost took over the country of Morocco. I highly recommend that book.

I was for the Anonymous against Scientology event. That was what got me onto 4chan to begin with.

There is a tv show that comes on late at night now. I think it's called "Leihea Remini and Scientology Revealed. " I think it's late night AMC or something. She gets a camera crew to interview people and nothing good about Scientology is ever said.
>>
>>18484222
If you want to correct any mistakes I've made you can feel free to. I'm thinking you're referring to thinking I'm mistaking the hacker group and the users of 4chan ourselves, though that's obviously not the case. The hacker group identified as Anonymous in reference to 4chan and this is where they were founded. They are the Anonymous users who know how to and want to hack though. This doesn't make users of this site not part of Anonymous. See it over every post? This is like looking at a company and saying their customer service division is somehow a very distinct and separate entity. Additionally, invasions and the like still start on 4chan. The people that don't hack often spam gore, raid websites, etc. Still showing cooperation between the hacker group and the site they're a part of.

Aside from this, the only other thing I can think of from my post you assume to be bait is me saying that only madmen don't trust themselves. It's true though. If you don't trust yourself you're suffering from some depression at least. Which makes madman a bit of a hyperbole in this case but depression is still a mental disorder.
>>
I'm not qualified to speak on the beliefs of Scientologists. For all I care they can believe whatever they want.

I can say, that how they treat their followers and those who decide to leave the church is disgusting and should be publicized and dealt with swiftly.
>>
>>18483082
possibly the most successful con artist of all time
>>
>>18483082
baller
>>
>>18484089
The Vatican makes the Scientologists look like amateurs. The Jesuits operate the world's most thorough intelligence network.
>>
>>18485021
where can i find more info?
>>
>>18485041
biblioteca pleyades, i love that website. a trove of /x/ related primary sources
>>
>>18483082
With the redhead from Pic before me, i could Not Care less for the ranting of a hack SF writer.
>>
>>18485021
K mate
>>
Everything in this thread is horseshit. Scientology has a purpose if you open your minds and listen to what they have to offer you would embrace it.
>>
>>18486750
>Scientology has a purpose

grabbing all your monies and depriving you of your mental health?
>>
el ron hoyabembe
>>
>hubbard was a occultist
>did workings with parsons
>started a cult whose literature lifted heavily from some of his fiction novels
>created an soul based extortion racket for the ding dongs of the world.
the principles of the intro stuff isnt so bad from i hear but it gets over the top at the higher levels.
I wonder where it would have been if he were still alive. the guy that took over seems to have taken the controlling and abusive aspects to an extreme.
>>
>>18484006
no
>>
>>18484941
Thanks for the confirmation
>>
>>18485065
thank you soldier
>>
>>18486750
perfect troll. we would probably know something if there was any good in it, but all we hear is terrible things coming from former members. so good of a troll, you made me reply,but for other lurkers to understand.
>>
>>18483082

Scam for rich idiots. I've read a good amount about it, it's all ripped off of something else.

Like this anon >>18483132 said I wish I had thought of it first.
>>
>>18487442
Okay, so you must be doing some kind of reverse-bait kind of shit with me. I'm not mad or anything, just legitimately confused. You know that even if I was baiting you getting mad shows that you were baited right? You explaining your point with no anger is just doing what you're expected to do in a conversation when asked a question, you sperg.

>>18487436
No to what part?
>>
>>18487442
When did 4chan get so paranoid that they might get trolled that they can't answer questions or clarify points or anything? I know /x/ is full of paranoid schizos and shit but this is some next level sort of retardation.
>>
>>18487785
certainly. that social fear of being trolled diminishes discussions and people learning from each other. no furthering the conversation, just 'hey bud, uh uh i hope you dont think i am mad or passionate about our conversation or that i think you aren't trolling me'
>>
>>18487946
Thank you. I feel like if I say a point and someone chooses not to correct me for fear of being trolled and losing some imaginary game that I'm not even trying to play then not only do they make themselves look dumb, as though they don't have a good point to make and can't back up their words, but it also means that if I actually am wrong nobody ever corrects me, leading me to continue spreading misinformation out of ignorance. The worst part is that, unlike most, if someone makes a coherent point that I have no counter for I concede and take on the winning view point. I care more about having correct knowledge than being right and stroking my ego. I find it hilarious how arrogant so many supposedly enlightened and magical individuals are, proving they're full of bullshit by having a bigger ego than any of the groups they try to condemn and having the very same mindstate that most anyone will admit to being the very antithesis to spiritual awakening. Not saying I'm some super enlightened new age messiah or anything but I can at least honestly say that I strive as hard as I can to avoid being a hypocrite, which is more that can be said for most people unfortunately.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.