[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Schizophrenia and the Occult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1481651307523.jpg (154KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481651307523.jpg
154KB, 1080x1080px
My doctors now believe me to be schizophrenic and I don't doubt them. I know many schizophrenics tend to have an obsession with religion or the Occult but recently quite a few people have put in into my mind that the schizophrenia Either results from magical activities or abilities. Some claim what I see is real, some say I predict events with outstanding accuracy and when I was going through an episode, I managed to heal a persons migraines several times. Plenty of people I know think I don't seem like the schizophrenics they've met and I don't seem like I'm one.

Now, my question is, do you think that the schizophrenia could be from peering to close to what I shouldnt have and the more I look, the more sanity I lose? That it's just a side effect of abilities, or that the abilities are from the amount I believe in the delusions?
>>
Also, I should also include that before diagnosis I would try to meditate to find the answers to the big questions of the universe and the more I'd learn, the more sanity I'd lose and even as the answers I found left my active conciousness and had been forgotten, the sanity had not returned.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
am i talking to me
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480692596643.jpg (18KB, 598x295px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480692596643.jpg
18KB, 598x295px
>>18482671
Arnt we all just talking to ourselves?
>>
>>18482517
Schizophrenia isn't real, you can claim that title if you wish, but nothing will change, you get access to free gov bux, (disability) but that's about it, they will give you meds that fuck you up, which you don't need, you are normal, everyone is normal, but everyone is different, with different perspectives, embrace it, learn from it, become it, at least your not boring like everyone else
>>
I suppose anything's possible, and I've sometimes wondered if there's a connection between psychic shit and mental illness. I've known a schizophrenic or two who was clearly unhinged, yet strikingly perceptive in limited ways. like, they could barely carry on a coherent conversation, but they could look at you and tell you something about yourself that was completely out of left field. I have no idea if that is an ESP thing or just some kind of cold reading ability they get.

I do know that "losing sanity" is an overly simplistic way of looking at it. it's not like losing sanity points in a cthulhu game. while I don't necessarily agree with >>18482760, it is true that there's way more to your cognitive functioning than just "sane" and "not sane." so try not to think of it like that.

another important thing you should remember is, you should always try to maintain a part of yourself that is skeptical and analytical and questioning about the strange things you experience. I don't mean like "is this reality real" kind of questioning, I mean more like getting in the habit of doing periodic reality checks. this might be hard but you should get in the habit of doing it. it will serve you well whether you are dealing with the occult, or mental illness, or both. I have known quite a few occultists, quite a few mentally ill folk, and some who were both. and this seems to make the difference between whether they can hang onto themselves and actually cope with their experiences.
>>
If your doctors believe you to be schizophrenic, and you believe them and are not currently on medications, you are probably not schizophrenic.
>>
any drugs to help with voices in head ? hallucinations and stuff
>>
>>18482819
>you should always try to maintain a part of yourself that is skeptical and analytical and questioning about the strange things
Absolutely. I have been recently diagnosed with schizoafftive disorder, and I've been waaayy off, a lot.. For me, it's more that remember details of events that never happened. Sometimes I hear things, like the intercom in the hospital that say things that don't make sense and that's when you need to ask the person next to you if that actually happened.
>>18483055
>any drugs to help with voices in head
You need to be taking either benzodiazapines or antipsychotics such as olanzapine. I have a friend that swears by klonopin.

As for my own schizophrenic opinion... I think it all comes back to monarch brainwashing. You can definitely trigger yourself into insanity, and insanity has been known the follow those that aspire to Kundalini yoga.

More realistically, it's just your delusions begetting delusions.

>realistically
yeah seeing auras is a disease that i gave to myself but then i get to see auras
>>
>>18483155
Klonopin is for anti-anxiety, and not an antipsychotic, just for the record.

Otherwise, we really need to reckon with the utility of diagnoses. Schizophrenia has *always* been a catch-all for a number of possibly unrelated symptoms, and as such has had a long history of debate surrounding the efficacy of even continuing to maintain its inclusion in the DSM.

OP, ask yourself these two questions: Are you a physical threat to yourself? Are you a physical threat to others? If not, then literally everything about your interpretation of stimulus is a valid and necessary piece of the puzzle of understanding the world around us. I like to think of everything as a useful metaphor, and while science has given us a language to discuss verifiable and seemingly objective phenomena in the physical world, even it is a metaphor for the indescribable noumena that lies behind the veil.

Write, paint, draw, sing, dance - get it out and share your perspective however possible. Consider the effect of your words and actions on others, but speak your truth above all else, because anything else would be a lie.

Just be prepared to submit to others if your behavior tends toward physical harm in any way. That's the line you cannot cross.

Madness and genius are really the same thing, after all.
>>
No worries, Anon. You're just gaining INSIGHT(tm)!
:D
>>
I honestly never thought I'd get back on here to see so many wonderfully supportive replys. Im not a danger to anyone or even myself anymore, although in the past it's lead me to quite a few addictive substances. Two years clean off heroin and I've stopped taking psych meds again. On them, I have no imagination, no feelings, no wonderful experiences. Hell, on them I don't even enjoy music and I went to college for classical and conventional guitar. And all that is if I'm lucky. Anti psychotics are fucked up.

Either way, you've all changed the way I've looked at it and I'm happy about it. It gave me the courage to allow me to be myself off the meds. Im used to doing reality checks, ever since I had a specific delusion.
>>
Plus, most anti psychotics tend to make me a really mean and uncaring person, completely void of caring for others. They've done geneswipe things on me to see which meds could possibly work the best, but I don't want to be a robot or a zombie on a cocktail mixture of strange medications.

The only thing is that sometimes without them, it's hard to tell delusions and fantasy from reality because often the delusions coincide with real events causing a mixture of the two making it hard to distinguish fact and fiction.

But who knows, maybe I really am a prophet.
>>
Protip: Drugs of any sort that mess with your brain and change your personality aren't good for you. Whether it's doctor prescribed or habitual fun.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.