[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chaos Magic; is it real or just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (8KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 256x256px
Chaos Magic; is it real or just a meme?
>>
>>18482137
Memes are real. Ask KEK
>>
It's real

But don't expect to get any results before months and months of hard work.
>>
Chaos magick is a model about reality. Are the models of reality real?
>>
>>18482157
Everything is real in your head.
>>
File: 6alqjhF1uj6v2go1_500.png (315KB, 447x408px) Image search: [Google]
6alqjhF1uj6v2go1_500.png
315KB, 447x408px
>>18482157
Maybe the real important thing is be aware of there are just symbols with meaning and this can be manipulated for you or for others.
If you don't program yourself, you will be programmed.
>>
File: IMG_1054.jpg (88KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1054.jpg
88KB, 640x640px
It is both.
Do not disrespect the disgusting power of Magick.
>>
File: Heresy.jpg (43KB, 480x494px) Image search: [Google]
Heresy.jpg
43KB, 480x494px
>>
I think Magick and Will are the same thing.
>>
>>18482137
Yes it is. I find Chaos Magick a good introduction for some kind of people, but looking how chaotes act and what they do, it seems to be a dead end path. They get distracted, ignores the important stuff (like the augoeidess) because "hurr is my reality".
>>
>>18482217
>augoeidess
What's that?
>>
>>18482230
A fancy, stupid way of saying soul
>>
>>18482305
It is how Carrol called it, that's why I use the term.
>>
>>18482230
Sorry, forget to post this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augoeides
>>
I believe it to be real
>>
Chaos magic is a solid system and in and of itself a good introduction to magic, provided you practice it rigorously.

By contrast Discordians are usually edgy faggots who don't cast many, if any, functional workings and who treat their circles as tumblr-tier methods of social expression and magic as a special snowflake orientation ala demi-sexuality.

In short a good method that attracts shitty practitioners.
>>
File: math_lorenz_owl1_1.jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
math_lorenz_owl1_1.jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
>>18482137
Chaos is an expression of that which we find random. Randomness is an expression of that which we are too unintelligent to see the pattern of. Not in an insulting way, but just literally because of the limits of human cognition (presuming cognition to be a framework of rational thought that orders things causally in a linear fashion). Research the Strange Attractor (pic related: it's the Lorenz Attractor, the first one). Patterns always exist, but they are only determinable in hindsight because we are forced to experience the universe through the empirical lens of linear causality. Except we aren't, because quantum entanglement allows us to experience information instantaneously, however we cannot express this information outside of the bound linear causality of the speed of light (yet). So, chaos magic is really the expression of the "forbidden" knowledge of that which we perceive outside of the specific vector of spacetime we inhabit. It doesn't require any anthropomorphic theism, it can be based on the principal of the collapse of wave-functions on a quantum level at the point of the observer (seeing as how there must be an observer outside all possible superpositional quantum states, and that quantum entanglement provides a way to know these various states instantaneously), and it properly contextualizes the limits of human understanding. It's like, a very useful metaphor for how shit is, yeah?
>>
>>18482152
What kind of hard work? I've tried loads of sigils, but have never gotten one to work. Where do I go from here?

I was thinking I would try charging them in a way directly related to what I want. I want a boyfriend? I charge it by going to the gym. I want a new job? I charge it by coding.
>>
>>18483323
Get your mental strength way up first. Meditate for this. A LOT. Hours per day, for months.

Then also make your will stronger. Make your will stand above anything else, including bodily desires. Set yourself a goal to not eat for a week and follow through. Don't be on your phone for a month. Take freezing cold showers for the sake of it. None of these actions have any meaning except to strengthen your willpower.

All of this will take years if not decades for actual strong results. Did you really think you could influence the world with just a few sigils and charging it with mundane ways? If so, then chaos magick is not your way. Chaos magick works but takes A LOT of work. Why not pray instead?
And also on a more philosophical level, what makes you think what you want is better than what the universe wants and has planned for you?
>>
>>18483394
I'm not sure I have spare hours to meditate (I work full time, take online classes, work out, teach myself to code, and practice instruments). But thanks for the thoughtful response. Maybe one day...
>>
>>18483498
Just don't let your search for Truth end so swiftly. Continue to learn about reality and the universe.
>>
>>18483640
I have some books on chaos that I'll be sure to read. Thanks.
>>
>>18482197
not exactly, as a psychologist i can say that "will" is a more conscious penomena, will would be the conceptions and motivation you have about something, a conglomerate of cognitions and plans of behavior towards a goal.
Magick (as i began o understand) have an influence on the subconscious part of you, and also the consciouss part. That`s why you must do certain things and then forget them, if you keep it in your "will" it will not work.
sorry about my shitty english
>>
it's real, it's been around since late 70's early 80's from the UK. newsgroups and irc a resurgence and it kept growing. plenty of resources on it still.
>>
>>18482451
Lewis?
>>
File: hoy.png (137KB, 689x491px) Image search: [Google]
hoy.png
137KB, 689x491px
>>18482477
Haha, clever.

[spoiler]Nice dubs[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1479237124918-v.jpg (93KB, 751x560px) Image search: [Google]
1479237124918-v.jpg
93KB, 751x560px
Chaos?
>>
>>18485098
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_J._Carroll
>>
>>18483317
Wow good explanation
>>
File: gSM5rv2.gif (2MB, 295x203px) Image search: [Google]
gSM5rv2.gif
2MB, 295x203px
>>18482137
Its moar like a lifestyle/philosophy for me
>>
>>18482137
>is it real or just a meme?

It's meme magic for aging hippies and edgy black metal musicians.
>>
>>18485399
very good, ty for quote i skipped it cuz it was pretty long, but worth the read
>>
File: 1480738729342.jpg (836KB, 611x536px) Image search: [Google]
1480738729342.jpg
836KB, 611x536px
>>
Hey OP Go ask /pol/

They Fucking used Pepe to elect trump. AND IT WORKED.

Fuck you for doubting of it.
>>
>>18482137
Chaos magic is mostly an oxymoron. Think about what magic is. It's just like anything else. It's a system used to get a desired result. Now consider other things with "Chaos" as the them. Chaos Driving. Chaos Grocery Shopping. Chaos Dating. How much do you think you're going to get accomplished in any of those? They are all predicated on Order. Chaos defuses the effort.
>>
>>18488652
Read Austin Osman Spare to understand what means Chaos.
>>
>>18488676
I know what chaos is. It's the majority who don't and think it's edgy cool. Chaos is just the driving non-force behind entropy. Anything else is a lie to suck in the stupid.
>>
>>18488686
>non-force

Say that to the stupid coincidence that will kill you.
>>
>>18488714
You're actually proving my point. Death is simply the absence of life.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.