[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this podcast any good? I heard they talk about some spoopy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (581KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
581KB, 1400x1400px
Is this podcast any good? I heard they talk about some spoopy shit on it
>>
It's the morning radio show version of a paranormal podcast. They're pretty funny, but not scholars.
>>
File: marcus-parks-B46A6439.jpg (275KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
marcus-parks-B46A6439.jpg
275KB, 1000x667px
>>18482057
This and LORE are my favorite, this podcast is the 10/10 theres also a stream around 8pm on Fridays on adultswim.com defiantly worth checking out
>>
This is the third time Im seeing this podcast mentioned so I'll take that as the universe sending me a message and give these guys a listen.
>>
>>18482057
First listened to them about two years ago and they just clicked. Been a fan ever since. All three guys have a schtick that's very hit-or-miss, so your general impression will probably depend on whether you like said quirks or not. The episode library is massive at this point (over 250), ranging from the occult, Big Foot, the suburban paranormal, through cults and UFO sightings to shit like reincarnation, religions and urban legends. As >>18482116 said, they're not investigators or scholars. They do their research (recently aided by some part-time interns), recommend books and list their sources, though, so you probably won't mind that if you're serious about a given topic.

Give them a go.
>>
File: 20161217_203209.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161217_203209.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Its good stuff; at this point i just like listening to them talk as background noise
>>
>>18482057
I listen to Coast to Coast, what is this pod-cast?
>>
>>18482057
It is pretty good. I have listened to it enough that I feel I know the guys pretty well and they can occasionally get on my nerves, especially Marcus.
>>
I think these guys are definitely worth a listen. I suggest the Charles ng episode and the manifestos episodes to get a feel for the guys.
>>
They get a lot of shit (on /x/) for focusing too much on humor, but they do go pretty in depth on the subjects they cover. They don't hit play on a Youtube clip and let it roll for ten minutes like a lot of other similar shows, they actually write and discuss the topics. That's something I've always liked about them, even if they do go on tangents from time to time. Out of all the podcasts I listen to, they're probably the one I've listened to the longest/most consistently.
>>
If you're 15 years old, you'll love it. Absolutely devoid of humour.
>>
>>18483366
>That one autist that absolutely fucking despises any particular piece of entertainment.

Go back to /v/
>>
>>18483382
Are you feeling alright?
>>
these guys make my morning commute bearable.

they're neither total skeptics nor total believers, which is nice, but probably also results in them alienating 3/4 of the retards on /x/. and yes, there is almost too much fucking around.

i'd recommend starting somewhere in the middle of the series to decide if you like the sense of humor and then panning around. the first several episodes consist mostly of them reviewing movies they've seen and other garbage like that, and are pretty much shit.
>>
File: PS_Etna.png (616KB, 1000x1472px) Image search: [Google]
PS_Etna.png
616KB, 1000x1472px
Please recommend me some podcasts here.

I can listen to music/podcasts/audiobooks all day at work, and its the only thing that makes my job bearable.

Currently listen to the paranormal report and the gralien report, and need more paranormal stuff.
>>
>>18482057
These people are insufferable. I've given countless episodes multiple tries, but they go off-topic and make fun of the topics too much so it seems like they don't even like paranormal shit. Or they do goofy ass voices or inside jokes we couldn't get or just act like children for half hour intervals until talking about the subject again for 5 minutes or so
>>
>>18482057

The paranormies is the best spooky podcast
>>
I think they're insufferable but I still listen to it religiously, so it must be pretty good.

Kissel has an infuriating habit of sarcastically saying "I *love* (insert thing)" when he can't think of a joke or anything else to say, which is very fucking often.
>>
>>18483752
Lore is really good. I tried listening to this Last podcast on the left and it was bunch of people laughing and shit that kinda pissed me off. The same thing with mysterious universe, those fuckers can't take anything seriously
>>
>>18482057
I know alot of people say they like this podcast, but i just cant get into it. Its hard having good taste sometimes. You just see shit for how god awful and shitty it is, and decide to listen to real media, not shit.
>>
I like those conspiracy guys.

They are fun.
>>
>>18483752
George Knapp on Sunday night's Coast to Coast

Steve Warner's Dark City

Lore
>>
>>18483752
Expanded Perspective
>>
File: 1480687702438.png (130KB, 342x277px) Image search: [Google]
1480687702438.png
130KB, 342x277px
All I want in a paranormal podcast is /x/-chapo trap house.

Why will this never be
>>
They're alright, I don't think they are as good as everyone says. They can be pretty funny, but they can also completely throw off the podcast. I guess it's their style and they can do what they want. I just don't think they're worthy of the praise thet receive.

Also if they would quit fucking around so much and derailing their own fucking podcast, those 4 parter episodes could be done in an hour and 20.
>>
>>18482057
Liked the Lake/Ng eps

MKUltra was okay

Aum Shinrykyo is pretty good so far

Give them a listen, there's a surprising amount of keks for a spooky show
>>
I like it even though they are liberal scum
>>
>>18483366
>>18483814

Pretty much this. They're a bunch of white guys acting very wacky, like morning radio personalities. It's very odd.

>>18483752

I just listen to Mysterious Universe. They're a couple of australians guys who are more bearable, though still use humour; but they also interview a guest usually each week and give the topic some respect.
>>
>>18486328
Maybe you would appreciate it more if they were more diverse?
>>
>>18486462
No. They're just really white. I feel like I'm spying or hearing people i shouldn't. By the way, not all white people are this white. Mysterious Universe hosts are not as white as best of the left
>>
>>18486609
>white as an insult
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>18482057

I know a lot of folks in the thread are saying these guys do their research but if you listen to their chaos magic episodes it is pretty bad.

They go on to claim having spent over a year looking into it and months really digging deep only to generalize the concept of subjective synthesis to the point that its strictly roleplay.

I dont really care for it because it feels like 3 everyday guys talking about something they're only mildly curious towards and the archetypes come across as joker, nerd, atheist. Kinda like 3/5 of the breakfast club feel.

They hit the key points but seem more interested in having a fun chat than really digging into anything. That might be your thing though, not gonna bash it.
>>
Depends, some topics they go pretty in depth, they do their homework. More than anything they're entertaining, and they are skeptics about some stuff which is nice.
>>
>>18486882

Yeah, I totally agree that its more about entertainment than paranormal stoof.
>>
Scrolled through pretty quick, so I didn't see if any anons recommended this, but Darkness Radio is a good one to listen to. Their archives are free online (Coast to Coast's aren't) and they just started a podcast called Beyond the Darkness. Three episodes in and it's already pretty engrossing. They add a good amount of humour in their broadcasts, but take on interesting subjects. The host Dave Schrader also hosts on Coast to Coast pretty often, so I'd say he's knowledgeable enough.
>>
I finally gave these guys a try, but it seems like I agree with the majority of you. It's like listening to nerds with ADHD that try to be funny, and laugh, but they're not. I tried to listen to one of them introduce the episode, and give an overview of the story they were going to discuss, but he was interrupted countless times with lame ass jokes. It kind of makes things hard to follow when they discuss something for 30 seconds, and then joke about whatever for 2 minutes before returning.

It's a shame, because I honestly wanted to like them. Show has a cool intro, cool name, cool logo, etc... but they fail at being good hosts. What can ya do?

I did give Lore a listen, and that was pretty damn good, although the dude sounds scripted as fuck, and could use more emotion.
>>
Listen to Anything Ghost
>>
you guys are gonna make Henry cry. He has said in many episodes he browses /x/

Honestly he knows a lot about alien conspiracies, and you can tell how excited he gets on the alien episodes.

Marcus is the great lover of serial killers.

Kissell is their 'heard everything' uncle who is also a bigfoot.

You've got a loud Chris Farley like conspiritist, a dude who had a magic wand and ADHD as a child, and a large puffy man.... Once you appreciate their pacing and friendship, it becomes hilarious.
>>
>>18487189
It's about a 50/50 split anon and this is 4chan. He's a big boy and making good money he can take the criticism.

I just think they stretch out the episodes too long. I don't give a shit about some bullshit Christian sex cult that (literally did nothing else except have sex) for one episode, they turned it into like four. So that's four weeks of content I don't care about, I'm likely to go somewhere else. There's some great podcast suggestions in this thread.

They also very rarely do alien episodes. They're content with doing serial killer episodes because the research is easier.
>>
Big fan of this podcast for sure. Always have interesting episodes, and the humor is great for me.
>>
Any link where i can hear they?
>>
HONG KONG ZEBROWSKI
>>
>>18487932
fucking google it you mong.
>>
>>18483752
I've been getting into a podcast called Astonishing Legends recently. Very good storytellers, with a bit of a tendency to ramble. They did a few episodes about something called 'The Sludge Entity' that scared my pants off. Blurry Photos is good too, but they're more skeptic/humor focused.
>>
They do really great research, but they wouldn't know humour if it hit them with a truck. Also lately they haven't really been focusing on topics that are of interest to me, but their back catalogue is still worth checking out imo.
>>
>>18482057

I think I tried to listen to this one.

Nothing but "dude bros" constantly laughing without being funny.

Avoid.
>>
>>18488124
AKA The chubby behemoth
>>
It's good if you realize it's more for comedy and entertainment than actual paranormal discussion. They talk about a story, after a few details they make some jokes, sidetrack then repeat, but they're usually funny and give a decent amount of detail like other anons said though, it depends on the topic, their alien topics would be my favourite because you can tell that all 3 actually enjoy talking about it.

Don't expect some super in-depth analysis of spooky happenings though, there are a million other podcasts hosted by dreary men in their 40s trying to copy coast to coast in podcast form if you want that, these guys arent the cream of the crop but they're atleast different.
>>
>>18488950
dude bros?

don't think you understand what that means anon.
>>
They do enough research and reading before their episodes that even if you are generally familiar on the topic, you'll learn something. The serial killer, alien, and occult episodes are my favorite - they get a lot of passion from Marcus and Henry.

Whether you click with the humor is your own taste, but I do think they do a good job of returning to the topic on hand quickly before some side tirade or joke gets too lengthy.
>>
Is bretty good

My favorite podcast
>>
>It's bad because they joke about stuff I like

Come on, if you can't joke about yourself or stuff you like you need to stop being a baby. Henry and Marcus both obviously atleast believe in some of the shit they joke about and are very interested in it.
>>
>>18483653
THis is what I like. Listening to Noory sometimes he actually believes some of the fucking wacky things his guests talk about. The LPOTL guys are very skeptical and make fun of the dumb ass things people claim to be true. I find them hilarious. They make my long commutes to work enjoyable.
>>
>>18486908
I'm really enjoying beyond the darkness too. Dave Schader is a great host. I like how he challenges the guests, and tries to flesh out explanations for paranormal phenomena. He also doesn't hesitate to cut off guests who are rude or too off the wall. Or who are only shilling their books and refuse to offer up details. Love when he does that.
>>
File: 0503 - 0AqBLez.jpg (382B, 9x8px) Image search: [Google]
0503 - 0AqBLez.jpg
382B, 9x8px
>>18488381
Started listening to these guys - really liking it.
>>
I like it but sometimes i think they are trying too hard to be funny and repeating the same jokes.

But when it's funny, it's really funny. And they also talk about a wide range of subject matter pretty in depth (for a podcast
>>
The Folklore Podcast is the best, if you're into folklore and British accents.

LORE and Astonishing Legends are nice too.

Creepypodden is amazing if you know Swedish.
>>
They mentioned /x/ was shit recently, so they at least do their research.
>>
>>18488381
Are these the hillbillies that blatantly ripped off MU even down to their website?
>>
>>18493313
whoops I was thinking of expanded perspectives.
>>
http://www.blurryphotos.org/podcast/
>>
>>18493380
Yeah blurry photos is pretty tight too. just the right amount of corniness
>>
File: rich.jpg (24KB, 265x289px) Image search: [Google]
rich.jpg
24KB, 265x289px
>last podcast on the left
>SJW faggots
>paranormies
>white nationalist faggots

I just wanted to listen to spooky shit NOT your identity politics garbage.
>>
>>18494378
Good lord this.
>>
>>18483291
Its like some people trying to be funny while doing a paranormal show. Its pretty shit. You need to be a little subdued to do paranormal, you cant be hyper and uppity imo. Theyre annoying.
>>
>>18494378
I feel that Last podcast is fine if you do your best to avoid listening the the SJW bits. It's not all bad, I'm 99% sure Henry posts here and just doesn't say so.
>>
my favorite chunk of episodes were the ones about the son of sam, if only because that fucking character voice henry uses for him is hilarious. but yeah i really like them, i've listened to whole run of episodes probably two or three times through. the early episodes can be rough, and they've admitted they used to not do tons of research. but they work really really hard and i think they're funny.
>>
>>18494378
Its funny cause when I've seen LPOTL mentioned on reddit people claim Henry's accents are too "politically incorrect". Like I saw someone say his Japanese accents from the Aum Shiryiko episode were like WW2 propaganda cartoons.
>>
>>18494378
wait what, are you saying LPOTL are white nationalists AND SJW faggots?
>>
Henry and Ben are fucking based
Marcus is okay
Overall its my favorite podcast to listen to
>>
>>18494835
His Charles Manson and Richard Chase voices are really good too.
Detective Popcorn was funny but he did it too much
>>
>>18496571
>>18494835
His voice in the episode on Gnome is top tier
>>
>>18496053
can't win 2bh
>>
>>18494835
>>18496571
>>18496975
his charles ng is objectively, the best one
>>
>>18494378
This

Marcus parks is a lazy fuck that wants to be "punk" while playing it safe and being as lazy as possible.
I hate him, enough to wish the comedians and fans he exploits burn him at the stake someday.
Fuck Marcus parks
>>
marcus is cancer
>>
>>18482057
Not bad, but it would be much better if Henry took some goddamn Ritalin or something to calm him the fuck down. I don't mind their humor, but more often than not he just beats a joke to death.
>>
Their serial killer episodes are their best works. Others are kind of meh.

They really don't take the subject matter seriously, they just use it as a jumping off point for lols. If that's not your thing you won't like it.

At the very least check out the btk killer and manifesto episodes. Both of which made me laugh hard enough to have to pause the podcast regularly and kept me laughing for days afterwards when I thought about them.
>>
>>18498716
funny that he is the most successful one.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.