[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manticores?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 56

File: wtfdidisee.png (162KB, 1786x826px) Image search: [Google]
wtfdidisee.png
162KB, 1786x826px
Alright /k/ommando here, but I've always considered myself an /x/phile as well. I'm here today because I have become convinced that monsters are real. Or at least one type of monster. A few years ago I shared a story with you about something I saw as a child. Some of you may remember the story from pic related. The consensus of the thread was that what I saw was a Manticore. I never really accepted that answer because of how fantastical it was.

But that's changed, a few months ago I shared the story again in another /x/ thread about creepy happenings. Someone in that thread informed me of a janitor who posts here that has had a similar experience, if that janitor is reading this please post ITT.

And just earlier today in >>>/k/32484073 a /k/ommando told me he's had the same thing happen while camping. Dude is lucky to be alive imo.

So here's what this thread is about. If you or somebody you know has encountered these "manticores" please share your experience and any information that could help us ID these things.

Data for my encounter
>Happened in the summer of 1993-94, can't quite remember which
>Fargo, North Dakota
>Temperature was pretty typical of a ND summer night, 75-80F
>Creature was about bobcat/lynx size
>At least a double row of sharp needle-like teeth, couldn't tell if there was more because of the contrast between the darkness of the night and the brightness of the motion light
>Red and blue facial markings almost like a mandrill
>Human/simian like face
>>
screencap of the relevant posts from that /k/ thread.
>>
Monitoring this thread.
>>
bump for interest
>>
There's a theory that the aliens have their own genetically created "pets" that they unleash here, and they generally have "psychic powers" which should explain the mental and physical distubances you felt and the blackout.

Not too uncommon stories of isolated places where there's legend of strange animals lurking around, and they can instill from nervousness to calm or voices of people into your head asking for help/crying in the distance to lure a person. Why? Well, tricking people sure is fun... And going innawoods without a big group and unnarmed might then be suicide if you're unlucky to find something worse than a bear... Maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNuPJEiEo5o

Video related is a tai-chi master who trained and meditated meticulously to do this trick. Now immagine what something/somebody biologically "gifted" can do...
>>
>>18479712
>might be suicide
Shit. Only people who dont go innawoods say things like that. Ive been camping and hiking remote wildernesses all over the U.S. for years and never encountered "worse than a bear" or whatever the fuck. Is there something out there? who the fuck knows. are people regularly being killed by it? no. bigger worries exist in the backcountry where a sprained ankle could end up being fatal.

>tl;dr I wouldnt worry about it
>>
>>18479712
>There's a theory that the aliens have their own genetically created "pets"
Is that what these things are? Pets to Ayys?
>>
>>18479027
ayyy I live in Moorhead
>>
>>18479027
They want us kept in mega cities.

You will not be allowed to have comfort away from the city.

The veil is weak and there are others, different species, different dimensions.
>>
the ayys can make u see whatever they want

gg....retpilians tho imo
>>
>>18480373
Been three days in the beach.

It was ok.
>>
>>18480362
ayyy whattup
>>
>>18479027
>>18480362
>>18480594
My sister and her friend seem to have seen Waindigo a few miles from Grand Forks. Her and a date also seen a spectacle event, she witness a blinding bright light, while he seen a bloody woman in the ditch. They later found out that somebody did die there, but why they seen it differently is interesting.

I personally have wondered all over the ND state by foot, rain, sun, blizzard and only come across thing I know was interesting. While it 'could' have been a shooting star, it was moving much faster than an airplane that was in sight as well. It was clearly much farther away but moving 3 times the speed of the plane.

Oh and one time when I was pooping looking out my window I notice the sun was off somewhere while I could clearly make out the moon in daylight, and it seemed to be turning into molten lava, on/off in clear sight. I was much younger then, but it was definitely odd.
>>
>>18480699
Oh drug on a bit, The Waindigo she mentioned appeared to be wolf/man like and crossing the road, walking in a way neither species could, they looked at eachother and said 'da-fuk was that?'

Waindigo is apparently a very well known thing in Minnesota, its actually got signs if you begin to crave human flesh, you may be becoming one, kinda odd that its not just a cannibal, but people seem to go missing when these sudden urges take them.
>>
>>18480711
Ok so some memories are coming back, I did once have a pretty rough dream of endlessly waking up again and again within a dream running into my house, (I use to sleep in the garashe at my parents). The first few times I would go in have a snack/use the bathroom hang out, suddenly I'd wake up again, and before I knew it I would constantly be getting up running, and it was to the point where I felt my physical body I was trying to force myself awake, while running in my dream. And even when I woke up I wasn't sure if I really was awake.

Devils Lake I met a man who showed me photographs of odd flying light-angels that were following him, his friend could see them but he could not. He came into the store I was working and being the crazy alien guy...

A year or two later he RANDOMLY run across him in Grand Forks, I recognize him even though we've only spoke once, he had photo proof that he was there to show the airforce base, in the photo was also a US air jet, it was said to be real evidence, even from this crazy bastard. It was just odd that I didn't really care, but remember him and he just happened to be prepared to show me, having only encountered him once before.
>>
>>18479027
mate, I want to go camping with you. There isn't any excitement in the city
>>
>>18480373
Who are "they?"

Cities are just more convenient and more people choose to live there, there isn't an omnipresent conspiracy to get you to stay in a city
>>
>>18480767
either the imaginary boogymen or the secret jew elite cabal shadow government aliens
>>
>>18480752
>mate, I want to go camping with you. There isn't any excitement in the city
I think you might have me confused with the other /k/ommando. My experience was the one in the pic. But hey camping in NoDak can be pretty great. So long as you like watching stars and prairie dogs.
>>
File: Manticore.jpg (51KB, 620x450px) Image search: [Google]
Manticore.jpg
51KB, 620x450px
>>18479027
>>
Last night i saw a shooting star/UFO i didnt believe them to be real, but i saw it with my own eyes. It was travelling at the speed of light and dissapearred within seconds. It was about 11pm and i was walking in a woods like area in pitch black. It reminded me of my first encouter with these manticore things you speak of, i would have been about 7 years old. Scary shit. I believe aliens have a special intterest in me, and are shaping the world to fit me and me only. I am the chosen one.
>>
File: manticore removal.jpg (173KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
manticore removal.jpg
173KB, 680x650px
>>18480936
info on your encounter please?
what happened?
how big was it?
did it have the same knockout powers as the ones I and the other /k/ommando saw?
Size?
Colorations?
Smells?
Time of day?
Temperature?
Location?
>>
>>18480951
I assume you are somewhat educated about aliens, and the proposed impacts they had on human civilization to get us to where we are today, the connection with pyramids and the advanced progression of technology/ evolution. To understand that they are atleast somewhat real. Southern hemisphere, New Zealand 11pm. I was lying down and looking at the sky, listening to the wind blow in the middle of the night. The wind was warm, staring at the sky really bright light pops out of nowhere and starts moving really fast. Dissapears in seconds. Was not a hallucination. Thats about all the details i can give, make of it what you will.
>>
File: Knee Deep.jpg (172KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
Knee Deep.jpg
172KB, 680x650px
>>18480958
>I assume you are somewhat educated about aliens, and the proposed impacts they had on human civilization
Just a passing familiarity that they are supposedly responsible for the pyramids all over the world and that they helped shaped humanity. Don't really know any specifics.
>>
>>18480958
I believe you just saw a shooting star
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>>18480767
Been around the block with this type of shit, and I can only tell you one thing - keeping a mass population contained in a city would be a good tactic if you wanted to.... "depopulate".

Pic related.
>>
>>18479027
My encounter time/place etc.
>central Sweden, deep innawoods
>date was 2010/12/05
>temperature was about -11 degrees celcius, but i don't know if it's correct
>only saw the race of the thing before it "screamed" at me but it matches OP's description from what i could see at the time
>found no prints or tracks at all, and the tent was closed when i woke up even though i left it open for ventilation the previous day

Could it be that the "manticore" clears its tracks to remain hidden? Is it sentient? Are there multiple ones?
>>
File: Totally not fake video.png (2MB, 1587x878px) Image search: [Google]
Totally not fake video.png
2MB, 1587x878px
>>18481939
Did it have the same colorations? Could you hear anything when it 'screamed at you? Did you feel that pulsating pressure as it was 'screaming'? Could you tell how big it was based on it's head size? Did you lose consciousness at all?

>Could it be that the "manticore" clears its tracks to remain hidden?
Maybe?
>Is it sentient?
I do not know, based on my encounter they seem to have keen senses and do NOT like being seen. Not enough info to really say for sure.
>Are there multiple ones?
I'd imagine so since mine was in the middle of Fargo ND and yours was in deep woods Sweden.

This is honestly freaking me out a bit. Now that I know others have experienced what I have I need to know as much as I can.

I'm a bit hesitant to call these things manticores seeing as you, me, and the other /k/ommando I referenced all survived out encounters with no physical harm. And there is no scorpion tail.

What I know for sure so far
>Lion body with human like face
>Red and blue facial colorations like a mandrill or sphynx
>Can induce immense fear in their victims
>Able to render victims unconscious by 'roaring/screaming' silently, possibly uses infrasound
>Size range is unknown, at least bobcat/lynx size. Could grow larger, idk.
>Weight is unknown
>Only 3 maybe 4 witnesses (If janitor anon I heard about finds this thread).
>Sightings all in the Northern Hemisphere.
>>
>>18482041
>Did it have the same colorations?
Not sure, it was too dark to see.
>Could you hear anything as it "screamed" at you?
I had minor tinnitus the next morning, otherwise; nothing.
>Did you feel that pulsating pressure as it was "screaming"?
Only faintly, but seeing as you were 5-6 at the time that might have been why you "heard" it more.
>could you tell how big it was based on its head size?
Nope, it had its head about 0.7 meters off the ground though. I can't tell much from that.
>Did you lose consciousness at all?
I don't know. I might have gone into some sort of paralysis seeing as i remember the following.
>thing "screams" at me
>black
>awake in sleeping bag full of piss and sweat

I'm thinking about going to the same place, smother myself in earpro etc. feign sleep and try to kill this thing.
>thinking as it was the same size as a bobcat i could probably hit it with a shotgun and do some damage
>noguns bc Swedens shitty gun laws but i can make a couple of pipe shottys and have them ready next to me
>plus i own a crossbow thanks to gramps being a weapon smuggler

Should i bring buddies or will that scare it away?
Should i even go back at all? I haven't been within a solid metric mile of the place since i'm thinking it might be nested there but this was six years ago, could it still be there?
>>
File: ghost-cam-1.png (114KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-cam-1.png
114KB, 640x464px
>>18482498
>Should i bring buddies or will that scare it away?
They might scare it away, but it doesn't hurt to have back up.

>Should i even go back at all? I haven't been within a solid metric mile of the place since i'm thinking it might be nested there but this was six years ago, could it still be there?
I wouldn't go there at all without some buddies. And I have no clue what their territories would be like or how long they live so I could not tell ya if it'll still be there. I do think it'd be a good idea to bring cameras like go pros and to place camera traps around the area.
>>
>>18482746
Too poor to afford any trail cams or gopros due to house renovations. I do have a camera though not DLSR quality but it has decent night capabilities. Guess i can bring it along and try to snap a pic of it if it even shows up.

Should i go to the place and piss everywhere and claim its territory? If i can scare it off without confronting it that would be great, seeing as i don't ever want to see that fucking thing again. Unless i have it at gunpoint, of course.
>>
I'm from /k/ as well.

When I was around six, going on seven (so this is around 1990), I witnessed something oddly similar in a friends backyard.
Three friends and myself were playing in his backyard down the road from my house at around dusk and we heard this coughing, anguished sort of roar. It sounded similar to "vixen scream" from a fox but was much deeper and fuller.
A lot more bass and not as sharp.
As we look toward the general sound of the noise, a small, half-acre or so copse of trees separating his backyard from a major highway; we see something coiling and thrashing in the ditch by the road that ran through the trees, about thirty yards from where we were.
My friends freak out and run and I stand there because I want to see what it is.
This thing starts slinking across the two-lane road into view and looks like a very large and elongated feline.
It was bone white with a sort of powder blue accents across its body. Very skinny and drawn-up. It seemed to have a pelt, but if it did, it was very short, like a Siamese cat
For some reason I first thought of Falcor the luck dragon, it was so elongated
You know how cats stretch out with their pelvis in the air but their front paws extended?
Well, that's what this thing was doing except it's hips were at least three and a half to four feet off the ground (bear in mind it's coming out of the ditch from my right side with its back legs still on the grass) and it's front legs were reaching half way *past* the yellow line towards the left side of the road.
Then it made that screeching bellow again and jerked it's head around for a second- it looked like a cross between a baboon and Salacious Crumb from RoTJ, which sounds kind of funny, but trust me, it wasn't.
Cont-
>>
>>18482995

Then it quickly slinked across the road going to the trees on the left-hand side of the road, but it was like this thing stretched out even longer because it didn't really lift its body up more than two feet off the ground. Before my brain clicked in and told me "Get out of here, Stalker", I could see that stretched out from snout to the tip of the tail, it was at least twelve feet long. I also got a quick look at the tail which was covered in either very short hair or may have been bare like a possum's, but didn't appear to have a taper to it.
So I got the Hell out of Dodge and ran back to my house.
Never heard or saw it again.

Also, this was mid-spring in eastern North Carolina.
>>
>>18482999

Another detail I forgot to mention, it seemed to be leaning in towards it's right side a little, like if you ever see a dog play in the snow and they sort of shoulder/neck tackle into it and slide?
I wondered later if it may have been wounded some way, as I mentioned earlier, there's a four lane highway right next to where this happened.
Maybe Mr. Stretchy got his ass ran over?

It's funny that I found this thread today because I was just in those trees earlier this week shooting some squirrels and I was replaying that night over and again in my head while I was out there.
Hadn't thought about in years.
>>
>>18482999
Did it notice you? Did you feel total dread when you saw it? If this is the same thing as i and the other /k/ommando saw, or a variation or mutation of it then this will be a whole new shitstorm.
>>
>>18483043

It seemed to regard me for just a second when it threw its head around and I saw the face. Also, the eyes seemed black and not like there was much there.

Notice me, I'd say so, but maybe found me to be inconsequential. Or maybe it was just distracted.

As for dread?
I ran a block home in a dead-panic and his for the rest of the night, so yeah, I wasn't having a good night.
>>
>>18483063

*Hid for the rest of the night*
>>
File: pure nightmares.png (3MB, 1332x1636px) Image search: [Google]
pure nightmares.png
3MB, 1332x1636px
>>18483043
>or a variation or mutation of it then this will be a whole new shitstorm.
Op here, maybe the one he saw was an adult. Maybe their fur takes on different hues as they mature. Remember, the one I saw was only the size of a lynx.

>Also, the eyes seemed black and not like there was much there.
Fits with what I saw as well. Pitch black eyes with no shine or sparkle.
>>
First time poster on /x/. I think I've seen this creature myself, but nowhere near anyplace cold and not really could be considered innawoods... in West Texas, north of Amsted.

>be a ranch kid, now 39

This happened when I was around 15.
>be out rabbit hunting with my cousins, because no TV, barely any radio
>spotlighting
>shooting all kinds of varmits
>see wierd looking animal quickly dart through the spotlight

We were all raised out there, and we knew the land like the back of our hands. Hence, we knew every animal out there, even at night.

>all of simultaneously WTF and stop the truck
>start searching on foot with a driver and a spotlight operator alongside
>see creature again for a microsecond and we all froze
>literally couldn't move
>about 5 seconds pass and we start to talk about what we saw
>all claim it had a monkey-ish body weird neck with the face of a small lion, about 2-2.5' tall

I still work out there about 10 days a month, and have seen nothing like it again.
>>
>>18483074
>>18483063
>>18483071
One of us should really get to making a sketch of these things.
>>
NC /k/ here, I'm just going to use my old trip from years back on /k/ to make distinguishing us easier.
>>
File: Fluffy.jpg (13KB, 480x360px)
Fluffy.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>18483083
Op here, I'll see if I can find my sketchpad. In the meantime though here's a pretty accurate representation of their teeth. At least that's what the choppers looked like on the one I saw.

>>18483116
Good Idea, I'll pop on a trip as well.
>>
Tripcode is in business for swedenman here as well. I'll see if i can draw something with photoshop that remotely looks like what i saw.
>>
>>18483071

Well, bear with me on this- I got into Cryptozoology and the paranormal way before I got into guns.
So consider this, first off, things like this aren't natural. At all.
No what does a Manticore and a Dragon both have in common?
They're amalgamation of various aspects of apex predators meant to create some form of super predator, right?

Now let's say these things are created or engineered in some way; government/alien technology, magic, extra-dimensional entities crafting a physical body to enter our own dimension of maybe the Earth's creating "antibodies" to fuck with humans?
Hell, I don't know.

But through a refinement process, maybe the bodies or shells that are being made are drifting more towards being innocuous and low-key as to not be noticed as readily?
And who knows what sort of per-ternatural defenses they may have to help them evade people or to just incapacitate them.
>>
>>18483074

Can you describe it a bit more?
Maybe how long it was, was it a quadruped?
Rough estimate of weight?
>>
>>18483118

Reminds me of something.

Another thing that'll make you wonder.
Ever heard of "The Beast of the Seven Chutes"?
I was listening to a paranormal podcast this past weekend and found this.
Mandrill-like face with a Dogman/Sasquatch body.
Because, hey, shit can always get worse.

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2012/05/beast-of-seven-chutes-what-heck-is-it.html
>>
Accounts and lore vary, but yeah that sounds in many ways like the classical manticore. The manticore has similarities to the chimaera. Both are seemingly made from parts of other animals. Manticores are sometimes described as having bat wings, but not always. The tail is often said to be either akin to that of a scorpion, or simply spiky. Regarding it's roar however, it is said to be like a blare of trumpets.
>>
>>18483196
It was about 3-4 feet long with tail. Quadruped, but could easily walk upright I believe. Maybe 50-70 pounds. It was almost albino it was so light in color.
>>
>>18483233
From the lore I've read, the manticore paralyses by shooting spikes at it's target. But then it is also,said to be living in India. Similarities here for sure tho.
>>
File: my sighting.png (3MB, 1136x1584px) Image search: [Google]
my sighting.png
3MB, 1136x1584px
>>18483196
Here's a quick sketch I made of it. Forgive the shoddiness I'm a bit out of practice.
>>18483229
Spooky, but this thing was definitely was a feline quadruped.
>>18483233
>>18483263
I read up on a bunch of manticore folklore after I made that first /x/ thread. And you are spot on with the description. Which is why I'm hesitant to call these things manticores. The only similarities between manticores and these 'manticores' are the human/simian-like face and the feline body. The one I saw had a tuft on the end of it's tail like a regular lion, whether or not it was hiding spines down there I don't know. But that's what this threads for, consolidating the data from all of our encounters.
>>
File: cowabunga.png (3MB, 1448x958px) Image search: [Google]
cowabunga.png
3MB, 1448x958px
>>18483353
should also mention I couldn't remember exactly the pattern of the facial markings so I kind of just winged it.
>>
>>18483263

But also it could be some form of bio-manipulation from the Manticore's part where maybe it raised its tail and back (like a cat when threatened) and perhaps an inaudible frequency emitted from the creature caused paralysis or sensation of stinging in the skin.

Consider in the case with Dragons allegedly "breathing fire"; an animal capable of spewing a caustic venom like a spitting cobra, capable of blinding the eyes and burning the skin like battery acid, especially if having a necrotic effect. The accounts of any survivors and bodies found would certainly appear like someone who had been burned.
Especially if it was as told by someone it had actually happened to.
>>
>>18483353
Holy balls that's the fucker right there.
Not sure if the markings on mine correlate but it looks right in general, otherwise that the one i saw had a more pronounced jaw, to the point of it being a snout.
>>
File: 1455921392445.jpg (107KB, 336x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455921392445.jpg
107KB, 336x480px
>>18483374
You have no idea how absolutely fucking spooked I am right now swede-bro
>>
File: TheMooseWrestlerclose.jpg (20KB, 107x100px) Image search: [Google]
TheMooseWrestlerclose.jpg
20KB, 107x100px
>>18483397
Still gonna slap on earpro and pipe shotties to try to kill that fucker. Heres to hoping it's not bulletproof.
>>
File: COPwHYpWIAARjOS.jpg (65KB, 600x473px) Image search: [Google]
COPwHYpWIAARjOS.jpg
65KB, 600x473px
>>18483353

Yeah, now that looks a bit messed up. (nothing like what I saw as a kid)
But!
It does at least appear to be biologically viable.
And because we are from /k/... pic related.
>>
>>18483397
>>18483421
Brb gonna see if any of gramps stashes are still around
>>
>>18483416

Nah, be smart.
Set up snares or traps, pitfalls if you have the time.

If all you have are make-shift pipe guns, DON'T!
>>
>>18483421

Aw, damn it!
I used the wrong picture with a typo.

"If if bleeds"
Dumb.
>>
>>18482041
Ok, now I'm not saying it's real but I'm not saying it's fake either. If you don't want to call it a manticore, you CAN make up your own name/term for it if you want. The only resemblance so far is the human/lion structure.
>>
>>18483442

A "Caliban"?
>>
>>18483469
"Northern screamer"?
>>
>>18483442
"Mandrilluscore" or "Mandracore"
Name structure is similar to manticore, and it describes what it looks like, a mandrill manticore.
>>18483421
I dunno about pipe shotties. But I can load him up with 3 flavors of freedom: 7.62x38, .45, .300 svg.
Also have a long sword I'll probably strap on, cause ya know, if you're gonna fight a monster you need the proper equipment.
>>
>>18483508
>7.62x38
x39* cold fingers. . .
>>
>>18483432
Okay, after finishing raiding grandpas stashes i have the following:
>50 12 gauge birdshot
>Winchester M1897
>One Luger P 08 with 10 clips of ammo

There was a bunch of other shit too but i hardly think "explosive 'D'" will be necessary for this.
>>
File: 1468967969138.jpg (868KB, 1190x3012px) Image search: [Google]
1468967969138.jpg
868KB, 1190x3012px
>>18483540
>clips
memes aside, get yourself some buckshot or slugs and you should be good.
>>
>>18483540

Birdshot?

Nah, you got 50 slugs if you want to put the work in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBWWqXVbAfA
>>
File: 1330978560278.jpg (8KB, 640x432px)
1330978560278.jpg
8KB, 640x432px
>>18483540
>Winchester M1897
Beautiful shotgun as well, my grandpa left me his as well.
>>
>>18483580
Mine's a bit rusted on the top of the barrel, but it seems to be external only.
Lemme check if i can find the MG42 he kept blabbering on about.
>>
>>18483353

I'm this anon
>>18483074

That's what I saw without as bright a face and more lionish.
>>
File: 1361962687868.png (110KB, 585x631px) Image search: [Google]
1361962687868.png
110KB, 585x631px
>>18483588
>MG42
Why wasn't that the first thing you looked for?
>>18483595
Can you remember any more details?
>>
>>18483580

My Grandpa left me his 1969 870 Wingmaster.
>>
>>18483612
I wish. This was 24 years ago for me. This thread just jogged my memory.
>>
File: SCP-173.jpg (169KB, 1200x981px) Image search: [Google]
SCP-173.jpg
169KB, 1200x981px
>>18483623
>This thread just jogged my memory.
Funny thing, it was an /x/ thread that reminded me of my encounter. I must've suppressed the memory because as soon as I saw pic related's thumbnail in an SCP thread. It gave me a very familiar sense of dread and I'm sure it's because of the facepaint, but I started to remember that night way back when. Maybe this thread will do the same for you.
>>
/k/omrades-

It may be that we all have been given ancestral shotguns for a reason...
>>
File: DII Paladin.jpg (13KB, 250x450px)
DII Paladin.jpg
13KB, 250x450px
>>18483618
>>18483639
>I shall cleanse this wilderness
>>
>>18483508
I like Mandracore, but it's up to the ones who have encountered it
>>
>>18483637
I hope so, man.
>>
>>18483645
>>18483639
I shall head out tomorrow evening with all the guns and hopefully kill this shit. Gonna set up in the tent at the exact same location and if that fucker tries peeping in he's gonna get boolet facepalm. Gotta sleep now, i'll see if the thread is still up by tomorrow and post plans there. Otherwise i'll make a new one.
Goodnight fellas.
>>
>>>18483659
Mind making the thread name similar to this one so it's a bit easier to find?
>>
File: Krenshar.jpg (87KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
Krenshar.jpg
87KB, 400x265px
>>18483649
So do I, but I might be biased
>>
>>18483659
>>18483664
this
If this thread get's pruned feel free to start a new one.
>>
File: Picture 176.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 176.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>>18483645

Reporting in.
>>
>>18483671
i have mad respect for you, you mad lad, if you die in the wilderness, remember that i have a F on and ready for you
>>
>>18479027
Op why couldn't it have been a baboon?
>>
>>18479027
Hey op and others that claim to have seen something this may be of interest to you.
I don't know America (British ) but see if you can compare your encounter with this document.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.humanesociety.org/assets/pdfs/wildlife/captive/big-cat-incidents.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwihyJr386TRAhUrD8AKHZ0vCdwQFghOMAo&usg=AFQjCNFbFffWtECHwlAxIutlNguxfY4YYw

Hopefully this will work.
Bump
>>
File: shiggy diggy.png (1MB, 1010x1104px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy diggy.png
1MB, 1010x1104px
>>18483671
Ready for duty.
>>18483702
I would've wrote it off as that except it's body was clearly feline. It was missing the large upper body that's prominent in baboon species.
>>
File: 0122151615-01.jpg (266KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
0122151615-01.jpg
266KB, 1280x960px
>>18483796

Ever notice anytime /k/ gets the ball rolling, we tend to get shit done? Or at least do something dangerous and entertaining.

Also, sometimes you got use a JB Weld enforced light mount to affix a sharpened stake to your quad rail. Because fuck vampires, that's why.
>>
File: Savage.jpg (93KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
Savage.jpg
93KB, 1024x684px
>>18483826
>sharpened stake to your quad rail. Because fuck vampires, that's why.
very nice
>>
File: IMG_0729.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0729.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>18483683
Well, Cheeki your Breeki too, good buddy!

Here, have a picture of this Racoon pelt I done gone and did.
>>
Each of us should take screenshots of all the relevant data ITT. Don't wanna lose it for the next thread.
>>
>>18483859
I know this is always the first thing in everyone's mind, but if you do encounter it (keeping your own safety in mind of course) try to get a picture of it
>>
File: 1471498686273.gif (1MB, 233x291px) Image search: [Google]
1471498686273.gif
1MB, 233x291px
>>18483826
You took the time to spike your hair before going out to the forest to take selfies?
>>
>>18483859

This should be archived.

The day /k/ invaded /x/ and made a good thread.
>>
File: 1471930898948.png (135KB, 601x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471930898948.png
135KB, 601x600px
>>18483880
>if you do encounter it (keeping your own safety in mind of course) try to get a picture of it
Of course. I doubt I'll ever see another one though since it's been about 22 years but you never know.

I still remember >pics or it didn't happen. So I'll be sure to try to get a few pics before I swiss cheese the thing.
>>
File: 1417403800872.png (237KB, 382x597px) Image search: [Google]
1417403800872.png
237KB, 382x597px
>>18483891
/k/ommandos get shit done.
>>
>>18483885

I wasn't hunting that day, just exploring.
Being part Maori, my hair fros the Hell out, so I put some gel in it to keep it *down*.
Precipitation, moisture and the friction of taking my hood off and on a few dozen times, kinda makes that happen.
But it's okay.
I bet you're cute too.
>>
>>18483885
I gel my moustache so I don't bit it while eating. It's a tactical decision.
>>
>>18481114
i made that pic in 2009, glad to see it still floating around.
>>
File: 1470364300815.jpg (144KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470364300815.jpg
144KB, 682x600px
>>18483914
do you post these photos on facebook too
>>
>>18479027
Have you ever considered the possibility that you were just hallucinating? It's interesting that you say it happened when waking up. It's also possible that you were still sleeping, and just having a rather vivid dream.
>>
>>18483953
That's what I was thinking until other anons ITT, the /k/ thread I linked in OP, and that /x/ thread from a few months ago spoke of very similar encounters.
>>
>>18483930
>not getting dressed up before taking pics of you and your raifu.
Plain barbaric if you ask me.
>>
>>18480699
A Wendigo, by definition, is just a giant, starved, evil, and frozen creature, that craves warm human flesh.
>>
>>18480699
>>18480711
>>18480733

Nice dubs.
>>
>>18483965
Humans tend to have similar thoughts and dreams. Although others having similar encounters makes it seem more credible, it's just as likely that these are people similar to yourself, and thus prone to imagining similar kinds of creatures to that of your own. Perhaps for instance you all grew up watching the same TV Shows or Movies.

Not to say that your monster isn't real, it's just wise to question oneself. The human mind, although powerful, is quite easily fooled.
>>
Well, ignoring all trolls aside and all that are probably pissed that no one's paying attention to them pretending they're wizards or some shit; on with the thread.

So we've done some /x/ing on speculating about what these creatures may be and so on.

How about let's do some /k/illing!
Based on what's been said so far and the rough physiology and size, speed and all, I'm going to advocate for good ol' 04 to 00 buckshot.
Especially if you've got a semi-auto shotgun.
Even better if you could get your hands on a magazine-fed shotgun Saiga-12.
Decent spread and knockdown.

Doesn't make sense to try and glass and stalk or set up a stand or blind for one.
Especially considering that all the sightings so far seem to have been in pretty close range and expectantly.
>>
File: Star Wars.png (3MB, 1920x1272px) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars.png
3MB, 1920x1272px
>>18480699
>While it 'could' have been a shooting star, it was moving much faster than an airplane that was in sight as well. It was clearly much farther away but moving 3 times the speed of the plane
I believe you. My brother, our friend, and myself saw what we can only describe as a star war one night. Shit looked like pic related. They just circled each other and we could see faint red beams going between the black spots in the night before they both took off at a stupid fast speed.
>>
File: Eternal_Darkness_box.jpg (73KB, 334x468px) Image search: [Google]
Eternal_Darkness_box.jpg
73KB, 334x468px
>>18484023
>Not to say that your monster isn't real, it's just wise to question oneself.
I understand completely. That's what most of the discussion of that first thread 3 years ago was. Been questioning it ever since. But now that I've been in 3 threads where people have had extremely similar experiences I figured it's time to make another /x/ thread to try to get all our facts on the table.
>>
>>18484033
space battles like that always make me wanna go to tosche station to pick up some power converters.
>>
>>18484032
>Doesn't make sense to try and glass and stalk or set up a stand or blind for one.
>Especially considering that all the sightings so far seem to have been in pretty close range and expectantly.
My vote goes to sword and board. Riot shield/scutum with a large knife or shortsword plus a pistol or rifle "pistol". Turtle up, dump your mag, switch to blade to fend off counter attack.
>>
File: shev.jpg (74KB, 374x626px) Image search: [Google]
shev.jpg
74KB, 374x626px
>>18484071
They make me want to pick up some communication disruptions.
>>
>>18480362
shit! me too m8
>>
>>18484092
does clicking the image give weird results for other people too?
>>
My friend went camping with his dad when he was also 5-6 when they were setting up camp he saw what he described as a giant fucking dog as tall as half a pine not really a Manti core but it's something also he and his dad are both really fucked
>>
File: SpiderwickManticore.jpg (3MB, 1268x1650px) Image search: [Google]
SpiderwickManticore.jpg
3MB, 1268x1650px
A lot of this thread reminded me of the manticore from the Spiderwick Chronicles field guide book. Like many animals, there is a chance it was brought to other countries and spread that way. Over the years, it could change and adapt, and look more like what you've all described as opposed to the 'classic' description.
>>
bumping to keep this thread alive. This is like a lurker's paradise
>>
>>18484636
I vividly remember my friend in elementary school showing me this page
>>
Okay, game plan.

>grab MG42, shotty and luger
>go innawoods to same spot as before
>make fucktons of noise so it knows that i'm there
>set up tent, camp out inside with MG42, shotty and camera
>get tons of earpro in case it tries to "howl" again
>wait and see if the fucker tries to peek in thorugh the opening again
>magdump the fucker in the face
>sell the corpse to national geographic after pissing on it
>become the cryptid hunter
>all the profit
Packing my shit right now and getting ready to head out. Should be back in 24-50 hours. Keep the thread alive with bumps and cryptid shitposting until then. If i'm not back in a week, assume that i am dead.
>>
>>18485371

Take pictures!
>>
>>18479718
T. Manticore
>>
>>18482999
What is it with North Carolina and weird big cats?
>>
OP from the OG /k/ /fears/ thread here. I've followed the thread this far and while I've never had any paranormal experiences and I think all the govt/ayys shit is /bullshit/, I'm terrified of anything like this. If I can help, or you need a research buddy, hit me up all of you.
>>
>>18485743

Hell if I know, we've got "Wampus cats" and the "Vampire Beast of Bladenboro" too.

Most of ya'll won't remember this but back in 2013, "Creepfinder" from /k/ went out one night to try and find the beast of Bladenboro.
I was the one he was sending pictures to on his phone and I was uploading them to both the threads on /k/ and /x/ and keeping both boards updated while he was out gettin' spooky.
Ah, good times.

Of course I had ya'll dicks on both boards accusing me of being a skinwalker the whole time.
>>
You are all so idiotic.
>>
File: 1478764051924.png (422KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478764051924.png
422KB, 540x720px
>>18483748
Thanks for the link anon. But I'm positive that this wasn't a lion or tiger (or a cougar, lynx, bobcat, etc). It's face was clearly visible to me and if the thing didn't look so human/apelike I'd chalk it up to a bad dream or an escaped exotic pet. You have no idea how badly I want this to just be my imagination.

>>18485371
Be sure to post the photos here or another /x/ or /k/ thread before informing the authorities. Just to avoid any possibility of cover ups.

>>18485870
Can only speak for myself but any extra help is good in my book.

What we know so far:
>Sightings only in the Northern Hemisphere
>Sightings reported in Fargo North Dakota, Eastern North Carolina, and Central Sweden deep woods.
>Size seems to range from bobcat/lynx range to full grown lion/tiger
>Lion-like body with tawny fur and a brown tuft on the end. Pinion's creature could be a mature version, sub-species, or a related species since it sounds like they have the same(ish) shaped face and a felid body.
>Human-simian face, snout is more baboon/mandrill-like than human
>Red and Blue facial coloring
>Able to cause immense fear and dread
>"Roars/Screams" silently to render victims unconscious. Possibly uses infrasound based on mine (pulsating pressure around head) and other anon's encounters
>Thin dagger-like teeth spaced close together
>Appeared to have an extra row of teeth
>Eyes that are impossibly black
>Current name suggestions are "Caliban", "Northern Screamer", and "Mandracore"

>>18486170
>Most of ya'll won't remember this but back in 2013, "Creepfinder" from /k/ went out one night to try and find the beast of Bladenboro.
I remember that shit. Wasn't in the thread but I remember scrolling past it.
>>
>>18485371
hang on, do you live anywhere close to värmland? if so, i can probably help you out somewhat.
>>
>>18486577
damn, too late. i have a couple mates who are into hunting and think there are thing in the woods unknown to man. They'd have jumped on the chance to find something like this
>>
>>18486597
i now embarassingly realized that he must have been gone for hours by now. not used to how slow x threads are. well atleast i wont have to get outta bed now
>>
>>18486604
/x/ threads are super slow, this one just seems fast cause there's 4 /k/ommandos in here.
>>
>>18486621
shame as well, i was litteraly in the best possible position to help him
>>
>>18486621
So there are three times as many people as usual? Makes sense to me
>>
File: Cmm-bWqWIAAOnIH.jpg (149KB, 1200x601px) Image search: [Google]
Cmm-bWqWIAAOnIH.jpg
149KB, 1200x601px
>>
>>18484071
Lulz
>>
sounds more like you may be dealing with something that's either a chimera or a macadonian wingless sphynx rather than a manticore.
>>
>>18486566
Don't forget West Texas as well>>18483074
>>
>>18480936
Schizo
>>
File: 1480058999906.jpg (23KB, 240x251px) Image search: [Google]
1480058999906.jpg
23KB, 240x251px
>>18487360
>calls people schizo
>posts on /x/

look who's talking
>>
Bump. I want to see if /k/ comes back with some win.
>>
Holy shit this picture was in a book i stole from the library 20 years ago.
Also bumping bring us back a rekt manticore
>>
>>18487794
Bump again, because that's close to what I saw.
Ranch kid reporting in.
>>
>>18487794
Well what does the book say? Source on book?
>>
I don't know if it's relevant.. but your description reminded me of a dream I had not too long ago. Nightmare actually.

It's pretty much how you described minus the face paint. Saw a large cat, except it's face was eerily human. Same pitch black eyes, and what I thought was an evil smile, but perhaps wasn't a smile and was just bearing teeth. It also did the same silent scream. Definitely woke up in a cold sweat.

So weird to hear that someone may have actually seen this thing in real life, cause that nightmare actually made me quite afraid of even my own cat, and she's a bro.

So, bump. Definitely wanna hear more about this
>>
>>18487794
JUST
>>
Bump, I hope the guy gets some good photos
>>
File: DSCN2755.jpg (259KB, 1532x1174px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2755.jpg
259KB, 1532x1174px
I'm back from the woods. The fucking thing made an act two, took camera, guns and earpro with it and left a fucking scar on my cheek.
>sitting fully geared in tent
>waiting to see if the fucker would arrive after i pissed everywhere in a 40 something metre radius of tent to anger/attract it
>hear rustling outside
>strap on earplugs and earpro
>unable to hear shit now, believe i'm safe
>feel something TAPPING MY FUCKING SHOULDER
>turn around so fucking fast
>the fucking thing is barely a foot from my face just staring at me with those dead fucking eyes
>don't even have time to react before it yanks off the earpro from my head with it's mouth and "howls" again
>unable to move at all
Maybe because i had the earplugs it only had half effect?
I don't ask you believe the next part, but bear with me
>IT FUCKING STANDS UP AND STARTS GRABBING THE GUNS AND THE CAMERA
>I'm still unable to move, but trying to scream
>some "ghhk" noise is all that comes out
>The howler spins its head 180 fucking degrees and stares right at me
>drops guns and walks up to me
>takes its hand/claw thing and gives me picrelated
>pulls out earplugs with its mouth and howls straight into my fucking ear
>wake up the next morning drenched in piss and sweat, all my shit is gone save the tent and my backpack
>Search the area, find nothing at all
>go back home take picrelated and post this
Does anyone know why it would fucking claw at me without actually doing any real damage?
And don't even ask me to go back, because i won't do that ever because i think that thing will actually fucking kill me then.
>>
>>18487794
Well that pic is also on wikipedia so yeah.
>>
>>18488670
because it's only partly physical, it's a spirit entity fueled by your thoughts and attention. turn down for what
>>
>>18488670
Well obviously that doesn't sound too believable, but playing along. You say it stood up, as on hind legs? Grabbed your stuff, opposable thumbs? The clawing sounds like a "It's been fun and all mate, but get out of me swamp (woods). Probably recognized you.
Going with that story, would mean that they are obviously fairly intelligent. Also you say it appeared behind you inside the tent?
>>
>>18488683
>>18488670
Also, would killing you really be beneficial to it? You say,it tapped you on the shoulder. Sounds like it doesn't want you there, bu that it also has a concept of humor. Killing you would bring about a search team. Better to simply scare you off. Wearing ear protection while it may help against scream, just makes it even easier sneaking up on you.
>>
>>18488670
Any other pics? That part about hind leg standing is making me start to doubt...
>>
>>18488670
That scratch ain't fresh. If you're going to RP faggotry, at least don't provide photos that prove you're full of shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 636x932px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 636x932px
>>18488670
You HAVE to have other pictures besides this, c'mon dude
>>
File: Picture 178.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 178.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>18488670
God damn, where do I start!?

Okay, so you have no picture of your gear, guns or terrain?

You just gave two contradictory statements as to what happened - so it sneaks up on you and pulled your earpro off? and screams at you, Right?
But then it was there the whole time niggin' your gear, not sneaking up on you and tapping you on the shoulder, but then pulls your earpro out a second time and screams at you again!?

And you're from Sweden, correct?
I'm an English major and I've had several linguistic classes...
Buddy, you don't have the "grammatical thumbprint" of someone that's learned English as a second language, but the kind of person that's learned greentext thoroughly.

And that mark on your face IS a feline scratch- from a common house cat. A thumb pressed on the fore-paw of a cat will extend their claws, involuntarily.

You're full of shit.
>>
>>18488878
I don't believe him, but it sounded like he had earplugs on under those big earmuffs things.
>>
So we went from: I had this one experience with this creature to a few others saying they encountered it too and now simply go out, hunt, find it, seemingly it exists and you can find it no bother.

Yeah I want to believe Mulder but the evidence and story just doesn't add up.
>>
>>18489020
Yeah this was at its most enjoyable when a few others mentioned that they had seen something similar. Mildly spooky and believable enough. Now I'm sorry I came back because it's ruined
>>
>>18488470
I wish i could remember. Long lost at my old abandoned childhood home. It was some old ass book from like the 50's about cryptids.
>>
>>18488670
Are you 12? I had that much facial hair around then.
>>
File: dakota.png (25KB, 1044x122px) Image search: [Google]
dakota.png
25KB, 1044x122px
>>18479027
>North Dakota
>Fargo
Nigga that is my favorite show. There is even a spacecraft in the show.
>>
The simple idea that a creature could emit a noise at such a frequency to cause fear is scarier than the idea of a razor tooth monkey cat.

Nothing is scarier than fear.

Other than that, while manticores are described to be sentient in some accounts of them. These manticores likely are no smarter than dogs. It doesn't make sense that they'd screech just from being seen though, it'd be more likely that they would screech if confronted. Also, while the entire feinting screech idea is pretty far fetched it's not as odd as some animal abilities like electric eels shock blasts.

I'd recommend setting out traps baited with canned cat food slop. Small predators (not just cats) fucking love that stuff. Judging by their description they probably live around the underbrush or possibly in trees where they're hard to see but can move around easily.

Or if you decide to try to track them down they're probably going to hear you from a mile away, like a raccoon or weasel would. But in the off chance you do wander into one you'd need more than just earplugs, you'll want noise canceling headmuffs as well just in case.

Judging from the previous stated encounters they curious. So your best bet would be to set up a tent and stay inside it, possibly leaving food outside so they get the scent of something tasty. If you plan on shooting it you'd better be prepared to shoot through the tent wall the second it shows its face. Otherwise it'll probably get away or knock you unconscious.
>>
File: 160535495.jpg (70KB, 385x257px) Image search: [Google]
160535495.jpg
70KB, 385x257px
michigan reporting in. i live in a very populated area, one of the top three cities. this happened a couple weeks ago, before christmas, when we got hit with literal feet of snow

>be in house i share with 4 roomies
>i have the attic-turned-loft bedroom on the 3rd floor
>for the first time in my whole 22 years of living, i have a migraine
>up till 3 am, never experienced such brain pain
>open window so i can have a cig without going out into the tundra hell
>bretty good view of the few blocks/houses around me
>there was a slight lull in the shitstorm, a few breaks in the clouds, so i can see the moon is a few days off full
>half the streetlights in my area don't work anyways, so i wasn't too surprised when a few of em went out
>then there were only 4 left, in a row on the block perpendicular to mine
>i had been hearing ringing in my ears before but suddenly it gets to max volume
>figure it's a migraine thing, hold head for a bit and it seems to quiet down
>continue smoking cig
>out of the corner of my eye, the last 4 streetlights go out
>in a row
>in my direction
>>
>>18489380
>i know the ear ringing is still happening but i don't really register it, i've frozen in a sort of dull fear/desire to know if something is actually afoot
>turns out there was
>i see what looks at first like a real big raccoon , kinda rotund
>it stretches out though, snuffling at the snow covered street
>now looks like a big ol ferret
>it raises its head, still sniffin, and i see the side of its face
>looked like a macaque to me, face didn't have any color other than a deep black
>didn't see the eyes, they looked like they were deep set
>very suddenly it darts off down the street
>no tracks in snow behind it
>migraine brain can barely function, feel a dull shock at what i just saw
>go lay down and fall asleep immediately, but only get 3 hours of sleep
>>
>>18489394
i have no idea what to think of it. i've never in my life had hallucinations of any kind. the next day i was fine, i just felt a little hungover. i've honestly just been trying not to think about it, trying to brush it off as a waking dream or something. but god, this is the only way i can think of describing it: intense. everything was really intense. the atmosphere was heavy, the pain in my head was immense, my focus was directed solely at this creature. and then nothing.
>>
>>18479027
Hi OP!
I remember that thread, not only that but Im the one that told you about Highly Paranormal Janitor (the guy who allegedly worked as a janitor for what can only be called the Canadian Bureau of Paranormal Activity). Sadly, after closing his Tumblr (after almost 3 years of activity) Janny has not being heard of, neither in /x/ or Reddit where I think he made a couple of threads a loooong time ago. So I really doubt well hear of him ever again. Still, theres is dropbox with recopilation of some of the info he gave.
As far as I remember, and as I told you last thread, what you saw was probably an American Manticore (i doubt the term Manticore has any relevance to the mythological creature, except maybe on a very general sense). An American Manticore is a horrible looking creature with a face janny described as looking similar to a "native american", but aside from its aspect (again as far as I remember) it behaved as any other animal meaning its behaviour followed primal impulses and it had no special powers. The paralyzing fear you and some other anons (Im not trusting the refugeee loving swede) maybe have been just that, fear.
Again, thats all I can remember. Im posting the Dropbox link but it may be broken and most of the info was muddle with other different sources (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vc3zrtxb4dshx3f/AACiCdbm6xGEqKCsq8slVB3Ea/janitor?dl=0)
Picture related as its part of a series of drawings made by the Janitor trying to explain the taxonomy of paranormla beings.
>>
>>18489959
I checked the link again and its working, also the info there is mostly from his blog so its A-ok. Enjoy an bag yourself some critters
>>
File: 1467771169563.jpg (40KB, 823x549px) Image search: [Google]
1467771169563.jpg
40KB, 823x549px
>>18488670
I'm with Pinion on this, doesn't sound real at all. Sorry dude, but I don't believe you. And I'm starting to think you don't have an mg42, or a luger, or even a 1897.
No Pics of mandracore, gear, or even the campsite. So we have no way of knowing if you even went out there. Everything needs to be documented when going on an /x/pedition.

>>18486762
Yes

>>18487131
>macadonian wingless sphynx rather than a manticore
Info please?

>>18488761
>>18488878
>>18489020
So much this

>>18489148
Saw the movie, haven't gotten around to watching the show. Heard good things though.

>>18489229
>I'd recommend setting out traps baited with canned cat food slop
Don't think I could do that in Fargo, would probably just end up catching all the neighborhood cats.

>>18489380
>>18489394
>>18489414
Could you provide a full description of what your creature looked like? Sounds like it could've been something different but nonetheless interesting and deserving of discussion.
>>
File: 1417794698345.jpg (38KB, 699x286px) Image search: [Google]
1417794698345.jpg
38KB, 699x286px
>>18489959
Holy shit thank you for info man. Sucks we might not be able to hear from HPJ on this. Gonna dig around in your link for a bit see what I can find.
>>
>>18486566
We're calling them Mandrillcores
>>
>>18489959
Hey um the Canadian Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense? That's from the comic book series hellboy. (Maybe that was already known, but I wasn't around when the janitor was so maybe he used it as code)
>>
File: 1481730878221.jpg (85KB, 780x505px) Image search: [Google]
1481730878221.jpg
85KB, 780x505px
>>18490889
>Hey um the Canadian Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense? That's from the comic book series hellboy.
He was describing the organization. Not saying it was literally the Canadian Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense.

>>18490841
Nah, Mandracore flows better. Mandrillcore sounds like what angsty baboons listen to.

>>18489959
This is an interesting find.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vc3zrtxb4dshx3f/AACiCdbm6xGEqKCsq8slVB3Ea/janitor?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vc3zrtxb4dshx3f/AABM508LpzEuPRFa_6iR0j52a/janitor/Cryptozoology/Mysterious%20Creatures%20A%20Guide%20to%20Cryptozoology.pdf?dl=0

Columbus’s Ape-Faced Cat

Odd Cat or other mammal of Central America,seen on Columbus’s fourth voyage.Physical description: Large cat. Apelike face.Prehensile tail.Behavior:Aggressive. Killed a peccary withonly its foreleg and thick tail.Distribution: Costa Rica.Significant sighting:Christopher Columbussent an armed party into the interior of CostaRica in 1502, and this odd-looking animal wascaptured.Possible explanations:(1) The Central American spider monkey(Ateles geoffroyi) has a prehensile tail and acatlike body 1–2 feet long. The Costa Ricanvariety is brown to silvery above, lighterbelow. It growls and acts threatening whendisturbed, but whether this fruit-eating
CON RIT 113monkey, even if provoked, could dispatch apig is doubtful.(2) The Kinkajou (Potos flavus), a relative ofthe raccoon, is even more catlike, also has aprehensile tail, and is common in CentralAmerican forests. However, it is extremelydocile.(3) An unknown species of carnivorous cat,now extinct, suggested by Herbert Wendt.Sources: Letter from Christopher Columbusto the King and Queen of Spain, July 7, 1503,in J. M. Cohen, trans., The Four Voyages ofChristopher Columbus(New York: Penguin,1969), p. 298; Herbert Wendt,Out of Noah’sArk(Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1959).
>>
>>18479027
Sorry to tell you this OP but you might just be experiencing sleep hallucinations. I think there might be another more specific name but it's when you are tired you hallucinate something that is not there. I had it really bad with spiders for half a year when i was young and I still get it every once and a while. I had it just the other day and thinking back I had no clear vision of it other than a small black object but I instantly knew it was a spider. I screamed for a second then woke up a little and realised there was nothing there. It's possible you really did see a cat then imagined the other parts and fear pushed the rest of the encounter to reality. For anyone who has never experienced it you can't realy understand the absolute fear that it draws in you.
TL;DR:OP probably just sleep hallucinated the whole thing
>>
File: cactusface.png (13KB, 800x600px)
cactusface.png
13KB, 800x600px
I started drawing the mandrillcore for fun using some monkies as reference, the more and more I got into it the more and more I realized you guys are just describing howler monkies. How they got where they are is a mystery, but you people are most definitely describing howler monkies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howler_monkey
>>
File: IMG_1879.jpg (137KB, 800x581px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1879.jpg
137KB, 800x581px
>>18490982
Though howler monkies don't come with painted faces or a fear screech, these 'mandrillcores' could be some kind of sub-set or possibly baboon hybrid of some kind
>>
File: IMG_1879.jpg (59KB, 650x435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1879.jpg
59KB, 650x435px
>>18490996
There bottom teeth are even structured in such a way as to appear as two rows of sharp teeth despite only being one.
>>
File: IMG_1879.jpg (238KB, 600x807px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1879.jpg
238KB, 600x807px
>>18491009
I can't find anything on it on google, but I once heard that a howler monkey can scream so loud it can render you deaf for several hours if you stand too close.
>>
File: IMG_1879.jpg (19KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1879.jpg
19KB, 236x354px
>>18491039
Which may explain why you can't hear it. Or perhaps if it's some kind of sub-species that adapted to life outside of it's natural habitat the feinting frequency could be a helpful mutation.

(dragged this out as an excuse to post more pictures of howler monkies)
>>
>>18484636
Oh man, I haven't thought about that book in years. Great introduction to cryptids for children.
>>
>>18479718
I want the dogmen to leave
>>
>>18488670
>go to fight spook
>it steals your shit
haha
>>
>>18490996
Hybrid with what? Most of you people don't even have the most basic understanding of genetics.
>>
>>18492156
Aliens made howler monkey baboon hybrids and unleashed them onto the world using their superior genetic technology
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU8Wc6a1r7o
>>
>>18488670
Must be 18 to post here, peach fuzz
>>
>>18480699
You most probably saw a sattelite orbiting earth
>>
File: krpa.gif (988KB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
krpa.gif
988KB, 450x250px
Sounds like local Drekavac creature

the voice
the looks

minor thing but does it have a squirrel tail?
>>
>>18479027
>2007 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Angra region, full of untouched beaches and wildlife reserve areas)
>biking through path in a reserve jungle with little sister and cousin, it's in a gated resort so it's safe. The place spans for miles and miles of untouched Atlantic Jungle but we didn't go very far.
>sun had set on us while we were out, so we had to go back through the path til we reached our beach house. Nights there are light as fuck during full moons so we didn't give a fuck about the dark.
>100 ft from the house, lil sis trips slightly, we stop, she's ok
>I look in the direction of the beach, there are some trees that grow where the grass meets the sand. They're pretty dense so they cast a very dark shadow, obscuring that area from moonlight
>I notice an animal the size of a Great Dane laying on the sand under the trees, can't exactly make out it's shape
>Dogs sometimes ran away from the houses to play on the beach, they were mostly family pets so no biggie
>Whistle to it and call it over
>Animal rises to that "stalking cat position"
>Motherfucker is the size of a full-grown leopard but built like a fucking pitbull
>Short wide head with a pronounced muzzle, dark short fur, buff as fuck from what I could tell. Eyes slightly reflective like when light hits animal eyes.
>Never noped as hard as that, I grabbed my sis and literally dragged/carried her while bolting to the house on foot, fuck the bikes
>Thought I was having a heart attack for a good 10 mins after that

>told family
>native maid says it's a werewolf and they're regularly seen in that area
>dad says it's a jaguar and goes out with his gun to look for the animal
>mom thinks we did drugs and scolds us
>aunt is too drunk to care
>such is life in South America, but I'm 100% sure it wasn't any normal animal
>>
>>18493588

Your dad sounds cool.
>>
>>18493858
He is, used to be a Special Ops member in the Military Police (the BOPE, as seen on that movie "Elite Squad").
He didn't like shooting animals but he had a deep passion/fear of paranormal stuff after seeing a load of shit during his training years, from weird animals to UFOs to black magic. I believe he only went after the beast in my story because he wasn't 100% sure it was a jaguar either.
>>
>>18480711
i've been craving human flesh in recent days, what are any other signs i'm going to be a wendigo? my lower back and kidneys area hurts a lot too
>>
>>18488670
>a demon lion attacked me
>look what it did to my face
and it stood up and grabbed your camera and guns? kek almighty
>>
>>18480699
>>18480711
God damn, just reading this I felt I could literally hear how moronic and inbred you are.
>>
>>18493588
>mom thinks we did drugs and scolds us
lmao
>>
>>18493588
what does your native maid knows about huehue werewolves? did she ever tell you stories n shiet?
>>
>ctrl+f
>"shreds" not found

Hrmmm.
>>
>any of this shit is real anyway
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.