[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I lucid dream tonight? Any tips or methods?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: 82coverpic.jpg (97KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
82coverpic.jpg
97KB, 800x600px
How do I lucid dream tonight? Any tips or methods?
>>
I was interested in lucid dreams and astral projection and I tried it for weeks until finally I got some lucid dreams (any astral projection, I doubt they're a thing other than a lucid dream)

They're bullshit. They dissapear pretty easy. You can't wish a thing and make it happen. 99% of times you get conscious and your deal is to try not to wake up in the 5 minutes maximum it lasts.

Fun fact; now I get about 2/3 lucid dreams per week without even trying it. Also I got a bit of exploding head syndrome and more tendence to sleep paralysis.
>>
Next time you wake up from regular sleep, stay STILL and DO NOT open your eyes, not even a tiny bit

The trick is to not let your body "switch" from third-eye view into regular vision. So you wake up and stay still, then you try to visualize stuff. Start playing with your third eye. You will soon reach a state in which you can transition into astral travel or lucid dream. Just follow any regular guide for either of these once you're in this state
>>
>>18478360
Interest bump
>>
Yes, buy dreamroot, also known as Xhosa. The scientific name is Silene capensis I think. It's not regulated so sold lots of places online... just eat a section of the root about an inch or two long before bed on an empty stomach. You will then have very realistic dreams that you can learn to control without much effort. Have funnn <3
>>
File: In-N-Out Animal Fries.jpg (131KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
In-N-Out Animal Fries.jpg
131KB, 500x332px
i just woke up from a lucid dream

i dreamt i was eating at a animal style burger and fries

can someone tell me what it means?

im not shitposting im serious
>>
>>18478416
this. this tends to work for me as well.
especially during the day for some reason.
>>
Does anyone have a link with a guide to learning more about this? Or maybe from personal experience?
>>
>>18480593
i also live on the east coast where there is no in and out burgers

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
>>
>>18478416
>416▶>>18480605
>Next time you wake up from regular sleep, stay
Don't play with your third eye, you'll get pinkeye in the morning!
>>
>>18478360
You may not like it, but you have no chance if you're toking. You have to stop toking, and likely drinking also, for at least a week or two to have the restful mind to explore this in the foggy morning. And put a black curtain on your window. These will mostly happen in the 6-8 am phase
>>
>>18480625
Why the marihuana and smoking references? Did you just say that in a general sense? Asking this because I'm a consumer of both weed and alcohol. lol
>>
I dream every night. It really pisses me off that I do not know that I am dreaming, so I let the nonsense run wild, while believing it is all real.

The one second I come to realization I start murdering and torturing everything in my dreams. Every character that was created by my figment imagination pays. They are not real people. They are subconscious garbage fictional characters that harassed me in my own mind, so I kill those make believe monsters.
>>
>>18478416
This method consistently works for me.
>>
>>18480593
that's not lucid dreaming, that's just dreaming.
>>
>>18480627
not that guy
but ive been smokling regularly for the past 6 months
basically it extends your deep sleep, and you have a hard time remembering your dreams
havent had a proper dream for the past 6 months
>>
>>18480627
THC is massive REM suppressant. I am a regular smoker myself but still get vivid dreams, recently been limiting myself to only smoking in the morning/daytime. But yes if you do wantt o lucid dream not smoking is the best way to go.
>>
>>18478416
Any reliable guides or links you can send me to, to read and practice?
>>
>>18483311
All of them are very similar. Just google.

The astral travel ones involve shit like visualizing a rope above you and pulling your astral self away from your body through it

The lucid dreaming technique I described is called Wake Back To Bed or WBTB. Google.
>>
>>18478360
Get a watch with a small alarm and set it for every thirty minutes. Every time it goes off ask yourself
>Am I dreaming
When it becomes natural you'll end up doing it in your dreams and ask yourself
>am I dreaming
You'll realize you are dreaming which becomes the hard part that takes practice. Sometimes when you realize you are dreaming you'll wake up right away. You have to try and relax, focus, and take control. Once you do that you can do anything you want. The only two good things about lucid dreaming is
>Flying
>Sex
That's really it.
>>
>>18478360
They usually work when you take an afternoon nap. Also, drink half a can of pepsi or coke right before falling asleep, the caffiene will make your brain work overtime whilst your body is too tired to give a shit
>>
It's about exploration, though yeah the dream sex is pretty nice every now and then.

Aim for OOB (out of body) experience rather than purely a self-dominated dream. When you're interacting with those you tend to be a bit more grounded and things come as a surprise that you have to react against. I find a good method is visualizing yourself moving aside and then focusing on the senses of that 'astral body' you have, adjusting your perspective to see through those eyes. Once you do, even switching between 1st and 3rd person a lot, you can start interacting with your surroundings, learn to open portals, or just start walking. With practice you can keep more of your senses at once until you eventually manage the fulldive experience.
>>
>dreaming, lucidity comes and goes
>wild biological mother appears
>passionate and loving sex follows
>embrace her in a post-coitus haze
>open eyes, suddenly wild Milo Yiannopoulos appears
>the dude is pointing his pink boipucci right at me
>go at it for the hell of it
>feels awkward
I had high hopes of traversing the astral realms in search of wisdom and grace; now I find myself taking turns fucking my mother and a gay nazi i don't care much for...
>>
How do you guys keep yourself from waking up? Whenever I lucid dream, my heart gets excited and my body wakes fully with a racing heart
>>
What's weird is when you have a strong lucid dream and you wake up and think "wow!! I haven't had a dream like that in a long time " then you get dressed and walk out into the yard and fly to work.
>>
>want to try this
>lay on my back for about 20 mins
>stay awake but don't move anything, resist itches, the need to roll around, etc
>focus on being in a room, imagine every detail, smell, sound, etc
>eventually sleep paralysis hits me
>herewego.gif
>suddenly everything goes black
>can't see shit
>slowly gain sight
>I'm in my room
>in my own body
>start seeing shit I don't want
>ceiling begins morphing into faces staring at me
>insects start crawling up my body
>also see what I think was the devil
>heart starts racing
>faces come closer, get larger every second
>still can't fucking move
>they touch me
>can actually feel it
>walls start collapsing on me
>eventually succeed in shaking myself out of the dream
>body fully covered in cold sweat
>heart rate won't go down for another 2-3 mins
>hallucinations slowly fade into the darkness
>finally able to move again
>hit the light switch immediately
Jesus fuck never again.
>>
>>18478416
Actually for some reason this works really well, especially with naps during the day
>>
>>18485063
Whenever you're in sleep paralysis you have to follow those step
1 : try to stop being scared like a damn moron and
2: focus on moving your goddamn toes
>>
I get sleep paralysis a lot and lucid dreams, any tips on remaining in a lucid dream when you realise you're dreaming?
>>
>>18485486
For some reason either spinning your dream body like a top or falling over backwards can keep you anchored in the dream state. The only danger is forgetting that you are dreaming and losing the lucidity.
>>
>>18485736
Wouldnt falling over backwards trigger the falling response (like falling) and wake you up?
>>
>>18485736
Thank you anon.
>>
>>18480593
You had a normal dream, it propably means you are American.
>>
More importantly, how can I reduce the chances of seeing fucked up shit?
>>
>>18478366
This.

I try to just explore my dreams now. They try and help sometimes. Often i suprise myself and my subconscious by simply just being aware and making simple small changes.

Its interesting to make something apear out of "thin air" but you will often force yourself awake.

I used to do it alot. I learned that dreams often try to tell you things. I have several I would like to animate or do something with
>>
>>18483544
I once saw my mother in my dreams.
She was yelling or screaming and it was like the 100th time or something. Happened every other time or so.

I snapped once and strangled her to death. I no longer see my mother in my dreams but thank god that bitch finally fucked off out of my head.
>>
>>18484639
Whats even weirder is the nightmare that lasts forever and no matter how many times you try to enjoy your sleep you have an endless stream of them and think you have woken up each time
>>
>>18485063
I now consistently see shadow people after suffering from sleep deprivation caused by ADD pills as a kid. I would have constant nightmares, body spasms and i was awake or brought awake

It would eventually pass but for almost 9 months at about the age of 9. I was never the same after and i sunk into existantal depression
>>
Pro tip for lucid dreaming, get your body addicted to alcohol over the course of a month (or few years) and then try sleeping a night without a drop of alcohol. Once you finally get to sleep, you're in for some shit.
>>
Why when I have got my first lucid dream, there was some creature and I heard a voice: You are finally here, I have been waiting for you. After few seconds talking with that voice that creature appeared I was scared as fuck and woke up.
>>
So you're trying to control your unconscious "consciously"
There is no diff between dreams and nightmares. They show us what we're not dealing with consciously. Sleep should be peaceful and resting: eyeballs flop around is not physically resting.
>>
Make a dream journal, remembering your dreams is important for lucid dreaming.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.