[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wendigo hunting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 11

File: 676.jpg (149KB, 788x1014px) Image search: [Google]
676.jpg
149KB, 788x1014px
Next year my entire family is gathering in some mountain cabins up in Canada, and the thing is I really really want a wendigo skull. This of course seems like the prime opportunity go looking for one.

So, any tips/tricks for hunting wendigo? Ideally I could just find a dead one, but wendigos aren't exactly known for dying of natural causes. I know they are super fast, super stealthy, super strong, super smart, super violent, and nigh-immortal so I'd have to go with traps rather than trying to confront one directly.

I'm pretty sure they can't pass bodies of water since they count as undead. They might be afraid of fire. And according to some copypastas they are allergic to gold dust.

I don't want to spend too much money hunting for an imaginary monster but I do have some supplies on hand and a year of prep time.
>>
>>18474206
No..
>>
>>18474206
I'm sure your 5'6 135 pound self could take down a mythical creature that hunts humans. Good luck OP.
>>
>>18474221
A wendigo would end me so fast I'd be dead before I knew what was happening. I'm so un-athletic a deer could probably take me out fairly easily.

Thus traps being the only (semi)sane option.
>>
>>18474206

When you see one, quickly pull your dick out and masturbate at 3000RPM. That should do the trick
>>
>>18474206
fuck the nay sayers, just go out and do it. worst case scenario you die. no risk, no reward
>>
>>18474230
Wendigos would know what you are doing obviously. Your best bet would be to trick one but they are probably 10x smarter than you so I can't think of anything else
>>
Leave some bait out but spike it with horse tranqlizer so when it is napping you can quickly kill it
>>
>>18474206
Take an incredibly lethal dose of aspirin before you go hunting. that way when it fucking eats you, itll probably die a few days later. that as close to victory as youll get
>>
>>18474272
>>18474296
I don't think wendigos would be susceptible to drugs. I'm thinking more like heavy steel nets that are easy to get tangled in.

Snares may work, but i'm not sure if a wendigo would be able to dis-assemble itself or if it could just break the snare.
>>
>>18474206
I mean for one you wouldn't even find a deer skull. If you did, call that your wendigo skull, because it's probably what you're thinking of appearance wise. What do you think a wendigo is? Why would you just go out and *find* one if they even exist?
>>
>>18474332
I want the power that comes with owning a wendigo skull.

I would imagine that a wendigo looks a lot like a normal deer but with sharper antlers and wolf-like teeth. They'd also probably have thick skin and bird like legs for easy movement in the rocky and icy mountains. From behind they'd probably be easily mistaken for a bear but from the front they'd look more like a satyr.

Sure a deer skull looks the part, but they don't got any paranormal magic.

I actually find deer skulls quite often near where I live since I got a lot coywolves. Not sure if i'd be able to find any in the Canadian mountains though.
>>
File: pocketsand.gif (499KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
pocketsand.gif
499KB, 340x255px
>>18474206
>And according to some copypastas they are allergic to gold dust.

i think you're good to go
>>
>>18474370
>I want the power that comes with owning a wendigo skull.
What power is that

>I would imagine that a wendigo looks a lot like a normal deer but with sharper antlers and wolf-like teeth. They'd also probably have thick skin and bird like legs for easy movement in the rocky and icy mountains. From behind they'd probably be easily mistaken for a bear but from the front they'd look more like a satyr.

Okay. But why? What's your basis for this?
>>
>>18474486
>What power is that
I heard somewhere that a wendigo skull grants you the wendigos power when worn like a mask. The wendigo head also doesn't die, it retains the wendigos conscious. Which the more I think about it the worse this idea seems. I'm pretty sure it also does some other stuff but I forgot what.

>Okay. But why? What's your basis for this?
A mix of eye witness reports and biological inference.
>>
File: forest_god_mononoke_bg_main.jpg (103KB, 750x492px) Image search: [Google]
forest_god_mononoke_bg_main.jpg
103KB, 750x492px
>>18474206

It's the other way around - wendigo hunts you.

Also, you're in a laosian hairdressing mailing list, yet you haven't watched Princess Mononoke?

Even if you pull it off, you'll end up wishing you didn't.
>>
>>18474206

Don't listen to these naysayers OP. It is possible.

I've captured and killed two wendigo and wounded a third. They are smart but can be tricked.

Also, it's not gold dust it's silver. Like werewolves and some other supernatural creatures. Grinding up jewelry sufficiently will do for instance. If you manage to get a hold of a silver knife, sharpen it. One strike will weaken the wendigo enough for you to kill it with a second blow.

The skull is nothing spectacular tho, however it does excrete a rust colored substance for several months even after you dry it. I do not know if this "Boneblood" has any properties.
>>
>>18474206
I believe their skin is resistant to penetration by basically all firearms, but large bore slugs can pack enough punch to stun them.

Fire is great, but they're pretty fast. Good luck aiming and firing a flamethrower at something that sprints by at 30mph.

Maybe a combination? Stun/daze then with an elephant gun with a quick followup by a flame attack? Or maybe just a submachine gun with incindiary rounds?
>>
File: 1482386155104.jpg (40KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1482386155104.jpg
40KB, 500x447px
>>18474296
>>
>>18474486
That's an entirely modern interpretation of what they look like. Virtually every single Native story about wendigos basically describes them as more or less human looking giants.
>>
>>18474510
RPG rulebooks are not a good source of information. There isn't a single American Indian story that says that.
>>
>>18475561
>I've captured and killed two wendigo and wounded a third. They are smart but can be tricked.
Pics or it didn't happen, Tardlard.
>>
>>18474234
Kekk'd
>>
>>18475553
Too true, dont mess with mythical nature
>>
>>18475806

pics of what? a deerskull?
>>
>>18475824
Why would it have a deer head? That's modern white man shit, not Algonquin.
>>
>>18475824
I don't know, the whole corpse maybe? Seeing as he shot it and all.
>>
>>18475827

so a pic of a human skull? wow, really proves something
>>
Kill wendigo->wendigo spirit controls your body->now youre the wendigo
>>
>>18475832
Giant.
>>
>>18474206

AmerIndian here. Don't do such foolish things. All Creatures are born free, let them remain free.
>>
Tips:

-Shower, but don't use soap or put any deordrant after the fact. Your scent needs to be as natural as possible and camoflague with the wilderness.

-Don't masturbate or be aroused often when planning to hunt a Wendigo. They can easily catch onto animals in heat and target them.

-Make sure the firearm you carry with you on the hunt is lightweight, but with a critical inflicting calibur of rounds. Having a heavy firearm for better physical trauma against the Wendigo will just slow down your manueverbility.

-DO NOT solo hunt, ever.

-Make sure you bring a good piercing impliment on you. A Wendigo pounces and would need to stab it in a vital area quickly. You"ll have a brief window to roll away before the adrenaline flowing through it turns on.

-Mostly people Wendigo hunt for the glory and the attraction from females. Don't hunt for this reason, hunt for the spiritual side of it.
>>
>>18474370
THIS DUDE IS GONNA DIE LMFAOOOOOOO
>>
>>18476029
As female can confirm, I'd fuck the shit out of any guy who could prove he killed a wendigo.
>>
>>18474304
>I don't think wendigos would be susceptible to drugs
I remember a story where a bunch of heroin addicts went out into the woods, one of them got replaced by a wendigo/skinwalker/fleshgait/whateverthefuckyoucallthem, and when the other druggies convinced it to shoot up, it died. Sure, it went completely berserk first and killed all the druggies except the OP of the story, but at least we know that hard enough drugs CAN kill these things.
>>
>>18475561
Prove it. Pics & timestamp.
>>
OP you might as well Kill Yourself right now. prolly a more pleasant experience
>>
>>18475561
Yeah right, the chances of dying from a single wendigo hunt is like 99.9%

and gold dust just forces them to remove their human disguise
>>
File: 1463144873577.jpg (367KB, 1024x1737px) Image search: [Google]
1463144873577.jpg
367KB, 1024x1737px
Does anyone recall the story of how the Wendigo incapacitates prey by grabbing a hold on the person's shoulders and torso and running them until their feet are sloughed off by the ground? This was the tale I heard when first learning of the Wendigo, but I have never seen any reference to it in Wendigo lore since. Am I thinking of another creature?
>>
>>18475561

pics or it didn't happen, fag.
>>
>>18474206
Wendigo don't have a physical form, they only possesses people. So you'd end up with a regular old human skull and an immortal gluttony spirit with a serious grudge against you.
>>
>>18476809
That's witches.
>>
File: 12098701.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
12098701.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>18474238
>>
>>18474370
Wendingos look like emaciated humans they dont have a fucking dear skull.

Old Wendingos are well over 90ft tall and have their hearts entombed in ice, making them nearly impossible to kill.

Even if you kill a Wendingos body, you then have to destroy the evil spirit that possessed it. Unless you have magic power you can't do that.
>>
>>18477279
Wouldnt killing the physical wendigo give you magical power?
>>
>>18477332
The wendigo spirit will attach itself to another human. So if you call that gaining magical power ya
>>
>>18477332
No, it will possess you next. You will be the new Wendingo unless you are a shaman of great spiritual fortitude, or any powerful magician.

You don't seem to realize the Wendingo is going to be more than a physical threat. It's going to haunt your dreams and weaken you spiritually.
>>
>>18477332
It would be less risky to just eat some human flesh to get those magic powers.
>>
File: Wendigos love it.jpg (8KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
Wendigos love it.jpg
8KB, 210x210px
>>18474230
>setting lethal traps in the woods
Well be sure to screencap the thread OP, if you use it as evidence in your manslaughter trial the judge might buy your insanity plea.

Anyways for RP purposes I guess since Wendigos are Native American spirits you're going to want some spirits of your own, and by that I mean use whiskey as bait. Worst case scenario he gets drunk and you can get away easier.
>>
>>18476014
This
>>
>>18477378
Why dont cannibals turn into wendigos?
>>
>>18478636
Vendetta
>>
>>18478644
I dont understand
>>
>>18474206
Fuck you for wanting to kill one
I hope it menaces you and your entire family for generations
>>
>>18477458
good ol' fire-water. always works against them
>>
Play [spoiler]Until Dawn[/spoiler] on PS4, it's cheaper.
>>
>>18474206
Good luck lol
They don't even exist
It's like saying you want to hunt down a Unicorn or a Leprechaun
>>
>>18478799
Worth the adventure.
>>
>>18474230
You stupid fucking guy.
You realize wendigo have BEEN human, right? That they aren't mindless monsters?
A wendigo is likely considerably smarter than you are, and exponentially more capable. If you go setting traps for wendigo, that asshole is gonna set traps right back. And you don't want it to catch you alive.

FURTHERMORE. It is a possessive spirit. Meaning if you catch a wendigo in it's natural form, there will be no skull. If it is a corporeal thing with a skull, it will be a human skull. It possesses humans and eats human flesh.

So here is an alternate plan:
A) don't do this. You windowlicking idiot.
B) bring a handgun. To shoot yourself when you find a wendigo
C) pretend you hunted a wendigo, then bring a deer skull home and make believe it's a wendigo skull, since you obviously get all your info on First Nations folklore from super spooky skinwalker threads.

You faggot.

Sincerely, Ontario Anishinaabe.

Ps. You fucking stupid fucker. Don't do this, I swear I will slap your shit.
>>
They're not real. Just find a deer skull and glue some shit/paint some shit on it.
>>
File: Oh.jpg (98KB, 634x603px) Image search: [Google]
Oh.jpg
98KB, 634x603px
>>18479153 here.

>>18474370
>>18474510
Oh what he fuck, I didn't even read these until after I posted. What the fuck is wrong with you, man? Does your family tree lack branches? What made you like this?
There is a reason the rest of 4chan considers /x/ a retard containment zone. And folk like this guy is that reason.
>>
>>18475728
Or a katana a gas tak and lighter
FIRE SWORD HYAAAAAAAA!!!
>>
>>18476072
Finish this sentence
____ or gtfo
>>
>>18478799
Says the guy that doesnt have the balls to hunt the spider in the corner of his room. Too spoopy for you pansie?
>>
>>18474221
Hey if the cubs can win the World Series, it's not out of the question
>>
>>18474206
In terms of bullets, I'm pretty sure anything short of a 50 cal would be useless. But Dynamite should get the trick done
>>
File: spoder.jpg (3MB, 2324x1580px) Image search: [Google]
spoder.jpg
3MB, 2324x1580px
>>18479550
well the worst the Wendigos in the story do is try to spook you and maybe dress up as your friend, depending on the spider you can get quite a bit worse than a scare.
>>
Are wendigos evil spirits like ghosts, or are they flesh and blood cryptids like bigfoot?

Or are there two different monsters that share the name 'wendigo'? Or are skinwalkers/fleshgaits wendigos?

OP seems to be treating them like bigfeet while everyone else is acting like they're spooky ghosts.
>>
>>18480034
A Wendigo is a person who has been possessed by an evil spirit and the spirit has altered their physical appearance.
>>
>>18476072
As a female I can confirm that I don't fuck idiots who do stupid shit. Hunting a wendigo would be considered "doing stupid shit".
>>
>>18476114
Assuming that OP wasn't a lying ass tard
>>
>>18477279
90 ft tall? Dats too tall
>>
>>18476809
That sounds inefficient.
>>
>>18476809
I remember that too. I think I got the idea from the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark books--there was, if I remember correctly (i don't want to go flip through them all)--a story about a wendigo doing that to someone.
>>
If you find a totem on the floor and see a dying person in it, remember to tell that person what you saw.
>>
>>18474221
Wendigos, skinwalkers and such are only dangerous to negroes and red indians and such.
Hardly any supernatural entity is dangerous to whites.

Just look at what the legends tell you: "There used to be X here but we killed them all."
Giants, trolls, faeries, werewolves, vampires, selkies, you name it.
The whites always and invariably kill off these things.

I'd be more impressed if a Wendigo came to /x/ and asked for advice on how to add a white man's skull to it's collection.
>>
>>18481337
White people have a natural aura that dispels all supernatural forces. Its called reason.
>>
>>18481364
I don't know why or how, I simply make an observation.

Plenty of unreasonable whites around, to be honest.

OK, Grendel got his ass handed to him in a fight but what he/it was I don't know. A troll or something, I suppose.
>>
>>18474206

Canada huh? Don't know about shit like wendigos, but you can go hunting for sasquatch or dogmen, OP.

I'd recommend taking some people with you and large bore guns though.
>>
I just read through this thread. OP, you're a fucking retard. This is how people get shot in the woods you dumb fuck.
>>
>>18481479
Good point.

I'm surprised there aren't more chucklefucks found dead in the wounds, wearing a bigfoot suit and a thirty-ought-six in the head.
>>
>>18481379
Something like that. It doesn't really say, just that he has large and ate black-out drunk vikings.
>>
>>18481507
His mother seems to be subject to some controversy, according to Wikipedia.
Apparently her name/title pretty much seems to mean "badass lady".
>>
>>18481507
Or seting up booby-traps? I guarantee OP doesn't own land. He's gonna go out to some reserve or state land. Hike in for about half an hour. Think to himself "yup, this is plenty deep for where spooky wendigos are." then proceed to cover some hi-traffic area with traps, and booby trap some poor family trying to have a picnic.
>>
>>18481539
Meant for

>>18481498
>>
>>18481539
OP is an idiot
>>
>>18476783

>Yeah right, the chances of dying from a single wendigo hunt is like 99.9%

that's bullshit. im living proof of that.
>>
>>18481588
Then post pics, you lying sack of shit.
>>
File: 1166122.jpg (89KB, 960x507px) Image search: [Google]
1166122.jpg
89KB, 960x507px
>>18481598

I'm not at home over the holidays. besides I didnt kill those wendigos to prove to /x/ that it can be done. don't believe me? Tough luck, fuck you. go out and try for yourself, anyone who is an experienced hunter has a good shot at it.
>>
>>18481539
That will, most likely end in a lawsuit at best and death at worst.

So yeah, OP might get himself into more trouble than it's worth.
>>
>>18481625
>I'm not at home over the holidays.

Isn't that convenient?
>>
>>18481635
it IS the holidays....
>>
>>18481625
If you killed them, there are bodies, presumably ones that don't look human (unless you just killed some homeless dudes or backpackers). Pics of the bones or GTFO
>>
>>18481691

>i have never hunted in my life: the post
>>
>>18481696
Explain to me how that works. Every time I've killed an animal, there was a dead body remaining. Sheep, goat, racoon, possum, chicken, deer. It's really not that much work to remove the head.
>>
>>18481691
>asking someone to provide proof that they killed a made up folk lore monster

Do you not see the ridiculousness in this? Stop arguing with a roleplayer.
>>
>>18481724

>Every time I've killed an animal, there was a dead body remaining

And then you bring it with you everywhere right? In fact, I've got a dead elephant in my back pocket!

exactly and the head
>>
>>18481625
Being a good hunter has nothing to do with the success rate of killing a Wendingo.

Describe exactly how you killed the Wendingos or you're full of shit.
>>
>>18482372
He can't on account of he's full of shit.

I guarantee this autist would be 10 feet in the woods at night and shaking like a dog shitting razor blades he so scared
>>
>>18482372

You're an idiot. You know nothing abort hunting.
>>
>>18482670
I know a lot about Wendingos you forceless little animal.
>>
>>18479153
>"First Nations"
shut up and let the white man conquer, timber monkey
>>
>>18481625
I bet you killed them you little pansy faggot.
>>
>>18474272
If I was a wendigo i would love to get wasted on ketamine
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.