[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ego death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

How do I experience ego death without using drugs? And if the answer's meditation what do I meditate on?
>>
>>18472840
give yourself PTSD

or read taoist literature

or just try to be as boring as fucking possible.
>>
>>18472845
What does PTSD have to do with ego death? I've experienced symptoms before like hypervigilance and flashbacks
>>
>>18472856

its the psychological form of "shock"

people with true ego death act like they are in a contant state of shock, medically speaking.
>>
>>18472867
How does ego death equate to constant state of shock?
>>
>>18472968
have you ever been in shock?

you don't really feel
or express opinions
you don't even have much of a facial expression

your body is just concerned about maintaining basic biological functions.
your personality, eg ego is pretty low on survivial priorities.

I mean just look at coma patients.
>>
>>18472985
But I heard it's supposed to be tranquil, like you experience a feeling that everything is as it is and that's okay
>>
>>18472840
Meditation is difficult, but it really just takes practice.
I mean like, every day, for years.
I've been meditating every day for a couple years and I've managed to get to about ~20 minutes without stopping, though I can go a couple hours if I get up and stretch.
You said you don't want to use drugs, but I've found marijuana to take me leagues when meditating.
While meditating it is important to realize that you can't stop the thoughts that are coming to you, seemingly at random.
When you try to stop the flow of water, it simply knocks you over with greater ease.
The way to meditate is to be above these base thoughts, rise of above them, let them exist but simply look beyond them.
Ego death (as I've experienced it) is becoming so lost in your mind that 30 minutes suddenly seems to pass in an instant.
It almost seems like being asleep, but you know you were "there" the whole time.
>>
>>18472840
Sorry, you absolutely need a decent dose of LSD for this. I would say anywhere more than 150 micrograms, careful not to take too much though.
>>
>>18473010
thats just your will bruv
>>
>>18472840
Why the aversion to mind altering substances OP? I suggest a very high dose of dried psychedelic mushrooms, minimum of 3.5 grams, 5 grams if possible, done in a comfortable setting of your choosing. Changed my life permanently for the better.

Also, read through this

http://deoxy.org/psyexp.htm
>>
>>18473041
progressive muscle relaxation

focused centered meditation-where you focus all your focus on one object,point,idea,sound etc...

breathing exercises

just sitting alone in a room with the lights off, and just examining your thoughts

doing yoga

even journaling, doing the dishes, cleaning,

any sort of repetitive, mundane exercise

all these things provide some sort of biological feedback.
-breathing and controlling your breathing, better trains to to breathe normally under anxious situations. Also let us not forget about the euphoric effects of having well oxginated blood.

-repetitive exercise also provides release of endorphins, and they are mundane enough to "loose yourself in thought".

-just sitting down and thinking about shit, undistractedly, like many of the hermits did provides a chance to exercise your critical thinking skills, and way to control your thoughts by first being able to examine them.

doing this enough times will train you to overcome your ego and control your life.
>>
>>18473092
Because for 1 I'm on probation and will go to fucking jail if I do drugs
For 2 I have schizophreniform disorder and drugs will probably make me relapse into a psychotic state
>>
>>18473107
Important info there friend. Then I advise you stay away from psychedelics, not because of your probation (psychs leave the bloodstream very quickly) but because of your mental disorder. Good luck out there.
>>
>>18473104
i also forgot

radical acceptance is pretty fucking huge in Buddhism as well.
>>
>>18472840
Sense depravation chamber+white noise+24hrs of not eating+4 hours past sleep hour.

That will do.
>>
>>18472985
this guy gets it

Never done hallucinogen drugs but after having major throat surgery at age 4 I have had recurring dreams where I die in various ways. Not nightmares, they were never scary. These were especially vivid and more frequent when I was a child.
These dreams inhibited ego development and you have perfectly summed up how I feel and have felt since childhood. Its not pleasant, its not unpleasant, nothing moves you or scares you or causes you any kind of feeling.
>>
>>18473655
to some up ego death as I have experienced it, you basically shed all personal feelings and personal identity and become an uninvolved observer to everything, IE: the all seeing eye, nothing but viewing life as it is without the filter of the personality clouding things.
>>
>>18472840
I don't believe its possible. There is more to ego death than what you'll find in a description of ego death, certain things about it cannot be described with words. There's something strange and impossible about the experience, and I've never been able to grasp it sober.

I've only been able to replicate the experience with psychedelics. And I highly doubt you can get there without them unless you have serious brain damage or something.
>>
>>18472840
>How do I experience ego death without using drugs?
If you stop thinking about it.
>>
>>18472840
Ego death isn't an experience because the ego doesn't exist. Chasing some experience will only take you farther away from that fact. What happens when you give up all resistance is a simple insight, and then everything is the same as it ever was.
>>
>>18473107

I'm gonna go against >>18473119
and say do psychadelics anyway. In the woods with some friends. It's not scary. Nothing is scary. Scary isn't even a feeling once your ego dies. Only love and its deformities.

Or try to meditate until your ego dies. No idea how to do that. Not the route I took. Wish you luck.
>>
>>18472840
Try reading more about Falun Dafa OP and Zhuan Falun. The book is free online. Ego death is nothing. You must u derstand what is the purpose. This book helped me a lot.
>>
File: images-27.jpg (16KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images-27.jpg
16KB, 443x332px
How do you astrally project /x/ ?
i browsed the webs but they are not helping as much i saw you helped alot.
>>
>>18472840

I don't really know what to tell you
>>
>>18472840
Solvent abuse. Get a can of lighter fluid and huff it in one.
>>
>>18472840

A lot of these people don't really know

The cost of moving towards enlightenment is you become more predisposed to wanting to kill yourself because you realize it doesn't matter either way

The more you grow the less you care about your shell

One day all of us hermit crabs find new shells anyway. No need to rush. Just enjoy yourself. Youre exactly where you're supposed to be
>>
>And if the answer's meditation what do I meditate on?

Exactly. What do you meditate on? Who is meditating? What is being meditated?

Meditation is a kind of deep inquiry into the nature of one's self. But to do that, you have to be totally still. Enough to witness witnessing, or observe observing, or focusing attention on attention itself.

It also might help to question what "ego death" means to you. What is ego and what is implied by its death? Get clarified on what it is you're actually contemplating.

Your image might also help. Your image shows a single eye. What does that single eye represent to you? Is it reflective of your experience right now? If so, how? Take a look. Pay attention to that clear sense of seeing that is always present.
>>
>>18472840
You don't. The ego death a person gets from meditation has them become selfless, not acting on what their ego tells them they want. They do that by periodically distancing their focus from the ego. Ego death from hallucinogenics is death of the ego. You could compare it with death.
>>
>>18472840
Find something that makes you experience flow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)
>>
>>18472840
There is no need to induce ego death without drugs
Find mushrooms and buy them. It'll take you all the way, more in depth than any experience you can procure with just your mind.
>>
Realize that you are a physical object without any freewill. If you go down to one atom of you, there is no consciousness or soul or freewill in it; one molecule, the same; an organ, etc, etc. There is no difference between you and the universe outside of you. Enjoy.
>>
>>18472840
>What do I meditate on
Nothing, you do indeed meditate, but you don't meditate on anything
>>
The best way to achieve ego death without drugs is a combination of Zazen meditation and attempting to fully define yourself as an individual, independent of the rest of the universe. Once you find that you can't actually separate yourself from everything else, you realise that ego is simply a construct and you kill it.
>>
I took an astronmonical hit of LSD a few months back then became homeless and wondered the streets in constant fear.

I've since quit everything. I don't smoke weed/cigarettes/drink/masturbate.

And I've since focused on the law of attraction and next month is a big one for me.

I heard you can experience this same reality shattering experience similar to how the Druids did it back in the day. Simply go into a cave or rig your apartment for complete darkness and give yourself the means to use a toilet and eat or fast. I fasted for about a week on nothing but water then I started slowly getting my regular diet back while paying a great deal to what I was actually eating.

Start eating vegetables, or from food sources you know has the least amount of chemical and government alteration. Go to farmers markets, and basically just go with the flow of life. Ask the universe to provide the things you want and it will.

What do you want most out of life OP?
>>
>>18472840
You want your ego to die is that correct?
Well show me your ego and I will kill it.
>>
>>18473977

Ain't that the truth. I mean I could kill myself, learn the deepest mysteries of life and cosmos, open Pandora's box, but then, on that side, I'll eventually be like, you know, now that I know all this..there's nothing more to learn...you know, I actually didn't want to know all this, can I just forget and start over? So I'll end up back in another body, in another place, posting in the same thread on x.

Or I can stay here, in a temporary world filled with beings who believe the world is permanent.

The 'soul journey' idea doesn't even interest me anymore, I know it's just a circle. The narrative, of evolving into higher consciousness, is presented to ego oriented beings as being a path, a road, a journey from a to b. When really, it's a circle, the end leads to another beginning, meaning there is never an end.
>>
>>18472840
You have to realize you are worthless and you must above all not want to be a douche bag being a douchebag means being wrong

being wrong is worse than death
>>
File: 1410372776653.gif (1MB, 140x140px) Image search: [Google]
1410372776653.gif
1MB, 140x140px
>>18474952
>Enjoy.
thank you, I will
>existing as part of the universe = being like a cell or other component of that universe
>cells and components can only fulfil the function for which they exist, i.e. a lung cell can't filter blood like a kidney cell, a headlight is not an alternator, etc.
>whatever it's capable of is what it is there to do
>therefore whatever you choose to do, within the realm of what's possible, is your purpose in life
>you never have to worry about what your purpose in life is because whatever you're doing is it
>>
>>18472840
>"What do I meditate on"
so first off you don't even fucking know what meditation is you stupid faggot
>>
>>18478014
not OP but from your hostility it doesn't sound like you know either
>>
>>18472840
Ego death through meditation requires a ton of practice for most people. It's way weirder than ego death on drugs too, like you've entered a separate dimension, leaving everything behind, no body, no memories, no thoughts, no perception, only pure existence, one with the universe if you will. It's a form of enlighenment and the longer you manage to stay there, the greater the benefits.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.