[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Longneck Lake Monsters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Surgeon's_photo.jpg (96KB, 892x660px) Image search: [Google]
Surgeon's_photo.jpg
96KB, 892x660px
Discuss. I think they're reptiles, seeing how flexible the neck is supposed to be.
>>
File: Water-Giraffe-Swiming-111573.jpg (157KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Water-Giraffe-Swiming-111573.jpg
157KB, 1000x750px
Last I checked a flexible neck was not an identifying characteristic of reptiles.
>>
File: flamingos.jpg (157KB, 950x623px) Image search: [Google]
flamingos.jpg
157KB, 950x623px
>>18472801
They must be birds
>>
>>18472850
All mammals have 7 neck vertebrae, making our necks stiff in comparison.>>18472873
>>
>>18472873
That gave me a good kek
>>
>>18472936
Ignore that second one
>>
Tourist attractions. Nothing more
>>
>>18473353
I've thought about this one. Lakes with established traditions of dino-like monsters fit a profile. Mid-latitude, mesotrophic, deep, cold, canyon-walled lakes in the northern hemisphere. Lake Champlain, Lake Okanagan, Loch Ness. Lake Como.

What is it about that particular lacustrine profile that inspires cynical ploys to attract tourists? Why are the thousands of eutrophic and relatively shallow lakes of Minnesota and Wisconsin surrounded by such ethical inhabitants? What is it about Lake Superior (not canyon-walled) that engenders such noble resistance to making up a lake monster?
>>
>>18473353
The other thing about those lakes - they overlay the range of the Northern Pike. A fish found in both Northern Europe, and North America. Because the population used to be sympatric when the continents were still connected. A fish known to go five feet and 55 pounds.

Same goes for the lake sturgeon.
>>
>>18472801
The guy who took this photo admitted it was a hoax. He used a toy submarine.
>>
>>18475203
The pic was included in this post as an illustration. Most people are aware it was hoaxed.
>>
>>18473601
It is generally accepted among paleontologists that plesiosaurs were endothermic, since their fossils have been found in Antarctica at a time when it still would have been cold. I just thought it was interesting, since they're most often reported from frigid waters.
>>
>>18475435
They also did find prehistoric fish off the coast of South Africa when they thought they died off millions of years ago.
>>
its a ghost dinosaur
>>
what do you do when your gov ignores spikes going in your skull form soem agency that hurt jeremy hammond?
how do i explain thats theres also soviets doign weird thigns to me in shelburne nova scotia why r we getting ignored
>>
lianna i went too school with i know u put a telsa in ym skull
>>
>>18475528
Are...are you ok? Should i call an ambulance?
>>
>>18475591
Well obviously he's not okay. he has a spike in his skull.
>>
>>18473586
You mean "unethical inhabitants", not ethical. Post discarded due to your error.
>>
>>18473586
>dino-like
Check yourself m8
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauropterygia
>>
>>18475624
You missed his point. By ethical he means people who don't make up shit. The Midwest has nice easy going lakes (not many canyon-esque drops, if any) and coincidentally no unethical tourist attracting myths.
>>
File: tmp_32083-image(2)-1982729554.jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32083-image(2)-1982729554.jpg
4KB, 300x57px
>>18473586
Let me risk a guess.

The locations where there are hoaxes actually have the monsters, whatever they are. Hallucinations induced by the environment, spirits, real animals, pick one.

Then the locals widely hype claims to attract tourists. I've seen less attractive things being hyped by small cities. Who can blame them?

Side note: why did this appear as the catch for my reply?
>>
You blew the troll.
>>18475624
This guy:
>>18475898
>>
File: ChampieJr.jpg (80KB, 720x486px) Image search: [Google]
ChampieJr.jpg
80KB, 720x486px
>>18476107
That's what I think too. There is something. Whether it is a lost species or a strain of unusually large fish, or the unique behavior of especially dense water in cold canyon-walled lakes, cluttered with believable hoaxes to keep the tales alive; it is something.

I've always thought that some poor angler would finally land a skinny snake-like 25-foot long Esocidae relative and put an end to the speculation. The evolutionary evidence based on genetics and range overlap and plate tectonics is there.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.