[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ discussion general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 2016-11-03_20.58.26.jpg (564KB, 1059x911px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-03_20.58.26.jpg
564KB, 1059x911px
Sup /x/, okay I came here with the intention of getting pretty spooked but found it to be a board full people who "actually believe in magic" and shit.

Am I not getting something? Is this whole board just a cool inside joke and I just don't get it? Or do you guys actually believe the shut you guys say? I am not trying to come off as hostile or mean. I am genuinely curious as to whether or not you guys are memeing or not.

Pls tell me.
>>
>>18472403
>implying /x/ is one person

People believe different things to differing extents. Though, aside from the trolls, most of us here treat the board with a suspension of disbelief.

No-one goes to /tg/ and asks "You don't actually believe all this stuff is real do you?" and if you want to get the most out of /x/ I suggest you do the same.
>>
>>18472403
Dude x is known for its notorious levels of shameless autism and the major lack of critical or even everyday thinking
Go figure
>>
>>18472407

My reason for asking ( and I wasn't trying to lump all of /x/ together, I apologize if it sounded like I was.), is on other boards like /tg/ they don't claim to be actual magic users who can cast spells and have an actual belief in fairy's and "myths" and so on.
/x/ however, does and that peeked my interest. I apologize if I offended you or made you question my ethics, my curiosity has simply been peaked and i wish to pick the brain of a /x/ user.
>>
>>18472409

There "shameless autism" and "lack of critical thinking" is exactly what has interested me in them.
>>
>>18472403
This place is a safe zone for roleplayers and people with child like intelligence. Thats all
>>
Yes it´s real. All of it. Look up Styxhexenhammer666 or The Paranormies on youtube.
>>
File: 1483014713416.jpg (391KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
1483014713416.jpg
391KB, 1200x750px
This board appears to be a middle ground of spiritual knowledge and plain bullshit, a purgatory for those thats gotten a hint that there might be something more, but ultimately fail at reaching it, and at last one of the worst board on 4chan rn.

It's filled with ignorant people expecting truth to blossom on such grounds.

Seriously, do you people actually believe you'll achieve life-changing discoveries by staying at home browsing le asian picture forum ? Do you even expect to find knowleadgeable folks, outsiders, magicians and other dark and wise figures on this board ? On 4chan.org's creepy pictures board ? Ffs, too many people are taking themselves seriously in here.

I mainly come here for lulz cause for real you guys are an eternal cringe thread.
>>
Every once in awhile there's a gem that is actually sort of spooky.

But seriously like 95% of the time its some retard making shit up
>>
https://discord.gg/yaUMB

BOO!!
>>
>>18472403
Naturally, some of us are just memeing. You're going to get that anywhere, people participating ironically because they can look down on everyone else for "not being in on the joke".

But there isn't one, not really. Some of the things you've been told about reality are probably not true.

In the main, your parents and teachers haven't been lying to you, just telling you what they themselves believe. They were told those things through various forms of media, which were simply reporting the work of famous scientists, who were just doing their best to understand the world around them. But they did that by discarding everything that could be called superstition, and that was throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Science dwells largely in the realm of the falsifiable. Things which don't lend themselves to testing (like ghosts and miracles) don't get investigated because there's no funding. Because everybody knows there's no such thing. Because nobody does serious research on it. Because there's no funding to do the research with. And around and around goes the circular argument.

If you want to dismiss it, it's easy enough. Just assume that anyone reporting results has observational biases or is roleplaying. If you want to believe, do the same thing from the other side: everyone claiming to have no results is either doing it wrong or not doing it all and saying they did. Maybe as part of a coverup to keep mystical powers the sole province of certain cabals.

tl;dr You're going to believe what you want to believe regardless of what we say or fail to say. Whether or not that's the truth will be purely a matter of luck, since it's not going to be an informed opinion.
>>
>>18472403
Also, the deplorables from /b/ and /pol/ crash this place too--so beware of them
>>
>>18473914
>deplorables
Give it up, shillary.
>>
>>18472403
This board is divided along the lines of

Shitposts (irrelevant short OP's with no reason or substance to them)
Trollposts (flat earth threads, Christian or religious zealotry threads amongst others)
Fiction/meme threads (skinwalkers, cryptids, antartica, matrix glitch, and such)
Then there's legit threads (/div/, research threads, /omg/, /sig/, and most well thought out OP's.)
Then there's the legit crazy threads (word salad, extreme conspiracy, implausible things pushed as to be considered real)

Currently there's some group of people shitposting and trolling a good 50% of this board with shitposts, trollposts, and fiction/meme posts. The mods ain't doing shit about it.

Good luck if you decide to stay.
>>
File: 1483048516318.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1483048516318.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>18476250

>div
>legit
>>
>>18476250
I'd be hesitant to lump all cryptid threads in with the fiction/memes category, but yea that's a decent breakdown of it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.