[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreams of Unborn Twin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: TwinlessTwin.jpg (70KB, 1072x610px) Image search: [Google]
TwinlessTwin.jpg
70KB, 1072x610px
Hello /x/!
I'm the surviving half of Vanishing Twin Syndrome.

When I was a kid, I always had a twin in all of my dreams. Whether I was a superhero or just riding the bus to school, she was always there.

However, I didn't know I was supposed to be a twin until my mom told me when I was about 11. The other fetus vanished during the 1st trimester by the 2nd ultrasound.

By middle school, her appearances in dreams became more rare. I'm 20 now and haven't dreamed of her since I was 16. I think the stress of life and maybe even puberty is why she stopped appearing, but I digress.

I think about her a lot, and I'm not sure why I dreamed about her in the first place. And why she suddenly disappeared.

I feel like I'm missing someone I've never met, looking for someone I'll never find.

What do you think /x/?
>>
Do you have any idea why your twin may have disappeared from your dreams?
>>
>>18470128
I think it could have been stress, because middle and high school are way more difficult than elementary, which was when I'd see her the most.

I had childhood depression, which also increased as I entered middle school, if that could be a part.
>>
There is two way to interpret what is happening to you:
either she left you because you are parting ways (for instance you are becoming individuated)
or you the distance has grown so much that you lost connection.

I think it's fair to assume that you are in the second case.
I am not an expert on this but here is what I've gathered.

A way would be to create a tulpa of her. If that sounds to dangerous, practice some kind of "active imagination" (look it up): the idea is to enter in a calm state of reverie. Let your mind wander. If an image appear, start talking and befriending that image.

Maybe go in some kind of therapy that allows this kind of stuff. Depth psychology (anything Jungian in fact) or IFS would allow you to go through that.

That 6-part video is interesting because it shows how we carry trauma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BpUFpncXFM
>>
>>18470161
I agree on the second idea as well. Checking out that video now.
>>
>>18470110
Try meditating. Once you have that down, use it as an opportunity to reach out to her. There's a chance she might be watching over you, just more of in the back seat.
>>
>>18470110
What is supposed to be paranormal about this?

If what you are saying is true then the other fetus died. There are numerous ways that can occur. Which the doctors surely would have told her and which she would have told you.

All she said to you was that your twin vanished? That was the entire conversation? You haven't asked her a million questions about this, considering how much it has affected you?
>>
>>18470110
I'm also a surviving twin. (I suspect)

I didn't realize this may be the case until after my mom had passed. I asked my dad about it, but he doesn't (wouldn't) know anything.

There was a moment in my childhood that really stuck with me. I was probably 3 or 4 years old, and I asked my parents about my "brother" (I'm an only child). Their response was perplexing at the time, because it felt like they weren't answering the question I asked. They said it was unlikely I'd have a brother because 'my' pregnancy had complications (gestational diabetes, premature labor, c-section required). But what I was really trying to ask was "Where's the other half of me?"

I'm still trying to figure out what effects it had on me.

>>18470161
>A way would be to create a tulpa of her. If that sounds to dangerous, practice some kind of "active imagination" (look it up): the idea is to enter in a calm state of reverie. Let your mind wander. If an image appear, start talking and befriending that image.

I'm probably going to try this.
>>
>>18470110
Do you have a visible childhood scar on your back/spine (even existent in adulthood)? Possible you ate your own twin.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.