[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if our dreams are the memories of our parallel universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: SNOOPDOGE.jpg (6KB, 202x202px) Image search: [Google]
SNOOPDOGE.jpg
6KB, 202x202px
What if our dreams are the memories of our parallel universe self? Can someone please explain?
>>
I hope they are because that means my parallel self is with my dream girl who my real self was with for only a brief moment in this universe. That makes me smile a little. Thanks for the thought OP
>>
Watch out for extraterrestrial time traveling undead ghost princes
>>
>>18468137
>Can someone please explain?
google dreamtime
>>
I had a dream the other night me and my friend were movers, we had to move mattresses up flights of stairs in a rundown school in the USA.

I got chased by a cat inside the school and it acted very excited and vicious at the same time, jumping on me, scratching and biting me too.

This thread has just melted my mind.
>>
Had a dream last night were Kevin Hart shot up my high school
Not even joking
>>
>>18468137

It's just the opposite. This is the dream world, our dreams are where we truly live. They are more real. That is why we can have a bad day and sleep it off, but we have bad dreams and it stays with us longer.
>>
>>18468572
"Pyrrn pyrrn, errbody gon' die!"
>>
>>18468651
You can exist in more than one place you know
>>
>>18468215
a-are you me? My dreams are so real i often wake up thinking it was memories from yesterday that were just too good to be true.

but i honestly don't think so. Dreams are crazy shit your subconscious throws at you when there's nothing else for it to do. In the waking world it's busy keeping you from crashing your car into a tree when you zone out on the road and that kind of autonomous stuff. aslackby
>>
>>18468137
If this is the truth, I must have had a fuck ton of past lives where I died violently. Also, don't think that's true.
>>
>>18468679
did that nigga say pyrm pyrm? im not buying his cd.
>>
>>18468137
somewhere in a parallel universe mc ride is transforming into a raptor and killing old women
>>
>>18468137
Yeah sure, in my parallel universe I kill zombies and demons whit a shootgun. SAGE.
>>
parallel universes are fucking weird then
>>
>>18469226
In a directionless, spaceless void lots of things are parallelish enough to might as well be called parallel.

As above so below.
>>
>>18468137

Well then its not fair because my dreams are full of beautiful cute girls and in some of them Im also having sex with sluts.
>>
alternate realities aside, in our dreams governing laws of probablility and physics do not apply, and there we can truly do anything imaginable.

being able to lucid dream is key to happiness in my view, as it allows for expression and experience that are normally limited in our waking hours

money and status are no longer limiting factors in the dream world, neither are age, ability, opportunity or normalcy.

your dreams are the only place you are truly in control, it is up to you to learn that control
>>
>>18468137
Very subjective. What about dreams that are completely ridiculous? having dreams that mimic real life, but are better, are due to being generally depressed or bored with your actual life. Hence everything turning out better in your dreams. People who sleep well don't remember their dreams.
>>
>>18468137
When you die, you'll wake up thinking it was a nightmare.
>>
>>18468137
I can ensure you they aren't. But won't tell what they are. Sorry.
>>
>tfw a parallel you considers your reality a nightmare
Hmm
>>
>>18470100
This.
>>
>>18468137
>expecting someone else to explain your bullshit theory
>>
Dreams are astral enviroments produced in our brains and sometimes demons can break in and meddle with us
>>
When we die can we make our own realities and live in them? I want to fly
>>
>>18468215
Same happens to me too. A lot.
I've been having a crush on this girl for a month since I met her. I just fell in love, and it's very difficult for me to fall in love. She's perfect.

We were both drunk and enjoyed every single moment together.

We constantly chatted for a couple of weeks but now we stopped for some reason, we just use snapchat occasionally now, I use it specifically because of her.

I often dream of my phone ringing to a notification of a message she sent. The message is usually my name written in caps, and something like 'I NEED YOU' or 'LISTEN' following the first message. It feels so real, I wake up sad knowing that it hasn't happened.
>>
>>18468137

Dreams are the source of all creation. It's where you go back to when your body can no longer sustain your existence in this space. Our struggle here is that we're given a stable space, unlike the unstable dream world, and we try to bring things from there to here. Unfortunately it's not like the dream world where something is created as soon as you think of it, but the material here can only be modified to become a replica of it.
>>
Well then my parallel self fucks a lot. Way to go bud.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 400x335px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 400x335px
The hopes of a man void of understanding are vain and false: and dreams lift up fools.
2 Whoso regardeth dreams is like him that catcheth at a shadow, and followeth after the wind.
3 The vision of dreams is the resemblance of one thing to another, even as the likeness of a face to a face.
4 Of an unclean thing what can be cleansed? and from that thing which is false what truth can come?
5 Divinations, and soothsayings, and dreams, are vain: and the heart fancieth, as a woman's heart in travail.
6 If they be not sent from the most High in thy visitation, set not thy heart upon them.
7 For dreams have deceived many, and they have failed that put their trust in them.
8 The law shall be found perfect without lies: and wisdom is perfection to a faithful mouth.
9 A man that hath travelled knoweth many things; and he that hath much experience will declare wisdom.
10 He that hath no experience knoweth little: but he that hath travelled is full of prudence.
11 When I travelled, I saw many things; and I understand more than I can express.
12 I was ofttimes in danger of death: yet I was delivered because of these things.
13 The spirit of those that fear the Lord shall live; for their hope is in him that saveth them.
>>
>>18468137
Had the same thought a while back
"What if our dreams are our spirit or some astro bullshit just going to a different reality where a possibility here or a "what if" is reality and the black void is us just traveling to a different one"
>>
>>18468137
If that's true parallel universe me works the exact same job I do and got fired for being late last night.
>>
>>18468137
In theory, everything that IS possible WILL happen at some point.. given infinite time.

Every possible "universal configuration" will occur, repeatedly, forever.

In one Universe you moved to Chicago as a teenager, married Beyonce, won the lottery and banged Emma Stone on the side. In one Universe you get butt-raped by Micheal Jackson then die of aids...

.. Because these scenarios are possible, they WILL happen given infinite time.

Dreams are a possible universal configuration, so therefore are 100% probable to happen.

It all hinges on whether "time" is infinite or not.
>>
>>18468137
Then explain lucid dreaming.
>>
>>18470517
They will happen, but will they happen to us? When we die, do we just cease to exist while someone who looks like me but isn't me continues living somewhere else?

Also, can we look different or do we always look the same?
>>
this scripture is for anyone who may be abusing our nation's infrastructure or illegally (or legally) video recording me taking a shower.....

I don't know what God actually thinks or what is actually right but this is what the Bible says....
>>
27“You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY’;

28but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

29“If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

30“If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.

31“It was said, ‘WHOEVER SENDS HIS WIFE AWAY, LET HIM GIVE HER A CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE’;

32but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the reason of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
>>
3 Some Pharisees came to [b]Jesus, testing Him and asking, “Is it lawful for a man to [c]divorce his wife for any reason at all?”

4 And He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female,

5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?

6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.”

7 They *said to Him, “Why then did Moses command to give her a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 He *said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart Moses permitted you to [d]divorce your wives; but from the beginning it has not been this way.

9 And I say to you, whoever [e]divorces his wife, except for [f]immorality, and marries another woman [g]commits adultery[h].”

10 The disciples *said to Him, “If the relationship of the man with his wife is like this, it is better not to marry.”

11 But He said to them, “Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given.

12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother’s womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it.”
>>
>>18468888
>>18468999
Holy shit.
>>
>>18470242
Ask her out for fucks sake. It might be too late but worth a shot
>>
>>18470587
When you die you die, but, you will re-live this exact life again and ask the same question.. so, did you really die? Does it matter?

Death doesn't actually happen. The moment that you die you cease to exist, then, when you're "re-born" you exist again. The time inbetween lives is over an instant.
>>
>>18468137
when I was 8, I had a dream I jumped down my stairs and that the floor had patched of lava in it, and I was sliding past a bunch of Predators from Predator, then got grabbed by the Terminator and was killed.

That alternate universe version of me had a wild ride while it lasted
>>
>>18470587

If you hit your head tommarow and forgot everything in your life, you would still consiously be in control.

It's something like that. You'll be living this other life consiously without any recollection of other lives (aside from the occasional hiccup) which is presumably something put in place to keep you from having too much on an advantage.

Or to put it simply, remember that Chris Rock movie where he dies but because Heavan made a slip up he got to live another 40 years on earth before really dying, and spends most of the movie jumping around other bodies, but once he's finally got it all worked out at the end he loses his memories of his previous life for good and thinks he's this other guy, even though it's clear that it's still "him" in control and his personality is mostly the same?

It would be something like that I'd think.
>>
>>18468137
what if our dreams are nothing more than impact vibrations from the dropping of shit by creatures who exist in more dimensions than we are aware of. our reality could be limited by the fact that we are actually the spirits of a cosmic toilet used by advanced beings, and their waste products regularly splash down into your plane of existence causing the ripples we know as dreams and nightmares.
>>
someone please explain OP's random thoughts
>>
>>18472359

That made me think of the Slake Moths from Perdido Street Station.
>>
>>18470782
What if she doesn't want though? I'd be absolutely gutted.

Also we go to the same school so it would be so awkward if I'd ask her out and she wouldn't want to. I only see her occasionally by chance between lectures. She always smiles at me, kind of a different smile every time. She smiles when I'm with my friends and says hi and it's always so fucking cute.

She's just perfect, her curly hair, her eyes, her lips.

I remember the first time we met, she wanted to take pictures together so we did. I still have the pictures she took, she put them on her Snapchat story. We talked a lot. We laughed.

I don't know what hit me, I just fell in love instantly. It's not difficult for me to hook with some girl, but I've never felt this way. She's different.
>>
what if snoop doge exists in a parallel universe?
>>
>>18469270
I always seen these dreams as the universe telling me I'm living life wrong but I guess it could be our parallel universe selves showing us what we are missing somehow
>>
File: 1469803476465.jpg (133KB, 800x1143px) Image search: [Google]
1469803476465.jpg
133KB, 800x1143px
>>18468137
What about the dream where I was on a road trip to visit a shirt-dying shop with Leslie Knope in a white delorean with malfunctioning brakes?

Or the time I was chilling in my grandparents' backyard watching a half fish/half triceratops stumble down the hill and into their pool?

Or the time I fell off the Halo 2 map lockout but it was real life and I died and had to go to heaven, which turned out to just be Lockout
>>
>>18470517
>n one Universe you moved to Chicago as a teenager, married Beyonce, won the lottery and banged Emma Stone on the side. In one Universe you get butt-raped by Micheal Jackson then die of aids...
No. Infinite time and infinite realities doesn't mean that everything you can conceive will occur. Infinity doesn't imply variety because there's infinite potential to modify any given variable, so it's not necessary to go beyond that at all. There can just be an infinite amount of universes where literally all the same things happen except that the clouds in the sky were arranged ever so differently, and the sunset was a different shade of red.
>>
There's a lot of places in my dreams that feels so warm and familiar as If I've been there for so long but have no memories on this life, I've dream of those places many times, throughout the years always coming back.
>>
>>18472478
Stop being a pussy and just ask her out
>>
>>18468137
I one time had a dream tha t I was an SS Officer pillaging and killing people all over Eastern Europe. It was also the first dream I had where the people were speaking German.

What does this mean?
>>
File: d808.jpg (18KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
d808.jpg
18KB, 399x388px
>>18472478
>curly hair
>>
>>18474756

Too much time on /pol/
>>
>>18474767
I don't like curly hair either but it suits her perfectly

>>18474722
I'll try
>>
>>18468137
Sort of, they are replays of when you were alive.

Do you remember how you died yet?
>>
>>18468137
I had a dream where i was in a library or a bookstore and for some reason i knew it was some kind of prison. I spent the entire dream looking for an exit and woke up before i found it
>>
>>18468137
then my parallel universe self must have a pretty interesting life, because he gets chased by bad guys a lot and he has a garden full of buried skulls.
>>
>>18468137
>What
>>what
>>
Lol that be fucked I always have violent dreams where I'm in war or some shit

>be dreaming
>in a war
>chink fucks up my partner with his hands
>partner is a real pussy nigga
>punch China in da back of his neck
>strangle him right after while punching him in his head
>ded
>>
If their is an infinite amount of universe with slit or vast differences then the likelihood that your dreams exist in parallel universe is one hundred percent
>>
>>18468137
OP our best guess thus far is that dreams are a way for our brains to store and defrag our memory storage like a computer. The REM cycle of sleep pulls from all sorts of memories/thoughts/experiences to create fantastic combinations of vaguely familiar feeling dreams. It's a magnificent system but I don't see any evidence for it being related to a parallel self when it pulls from experiences in this universe version.
>>
>>18468572
"YOU GON LEARN TODAY"
>>
>>18468766
the real redpill
>>
>>18472478
dude. I posted about my dream that you originally replied to. Ask her out. I revealed my feelings to my girl and we were together. It wasnt for very long and didnt turn out as Id hoped but I wouldnt trade it for anything. Don't live regretting the things you didnt do.
>>
File: Robbie_Rotten_lazytown_02.gif (31KB, 200x251px) Image search: [Google]
Robbie_Rotten_lazytown_02.gif
31KB, 200x251px
>>18468137
Impossible. Last night in my dream, I was Robbie Rotten, stole Barack Obama's tuxedo and went on a golf course with his family, and everyone thought I was Barack, until he followed and exposed me.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.